Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon (10564 Views)

Poll: WHO TAKES YOUR VOTE

JOHN GRISHAM: 35% (22 votes)
SYDNEY SHELDON: 64% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! / John Grisham Fan Club / Robert Ludlum Or John Grisham? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2008
polls above.

JOHN GRISHAM AND SYDNEY SHELDON.

WHO IS YOUR CANDIDATE FOR BEST WRITER?
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2008
I think S[b]i[/b]dney Sheldon is one of the most talented writers that ever walked the surface of the Earth.

John Grisham . . . no comment.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by skywalk: 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2008
They are both exceptional writers, hmmm let me see, this question hard o. Will be back.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by princesa(f): 11:49am On Oct 16, 2008
i actually havnt read any of their works embarassed
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2008
you should read grisham princessa, he is an exceptionl writer.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by maedan(f): 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2008
It's funny really to compare two totally different writers whose genres are worlds apart. Grisham writes legal thrillers(?), Sidney doesn't. However, I will say here that between the two, Sheldon wrote more riveting books. He was really the Master of the game. On the other hand, Grisham is one of the top in his game, but not the best. There are a number of better writers of legal thrillers, I believe.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2008
GRISHAM IS THE MASTER OF ALL IN LEGAL THRILLER.
GIVE ME ONE NAME OF A BETTER WRITER
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by trhymes(m): 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2008
JOHN BABA, cool
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by maedan(f): 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2008
SAM MILLA:

GRISHAM IS THE MASTER OF ALL IN LEGAL THRILLER.
GIVE ME ONE NAME OF A BETTER WRITER

wow. let me see.  Just my view, but there are SEVERAL:
Greg Iles - QUIET GAME
William Diehl - PRIMAL FEAR
John Katzenbach- HART'S WAR.

Then there's James Patterson, Jodi Picoult, Steve Martini, Harlan Coben, Steve Martini, Michael Connelly etc.

These writers have written some very renowned books. Grisham is one lucky writer to make the fame he has, because to me he really is just an average writer. Even other writers tend to derogate some of his work. But really, it's all down to taste. If to you he's the master of legal thrillers, then so he is.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2008
maedan:

wow. let me see.  Just my view, but there are SEVERAL:
Greg Iles - QUIET GAME
William Dieh - PRIMAL FEAR
John Katzenbach- HART'S WAR.

Then there's James Patterson, Jodi Picoult, Steve Martini, Harlan Coben, Steve Martini, Michael Connelly etc.

These writers have written some very renowned books. Grisham is one lucky writer to make the fame he has, because to me he really is just an average writer. Even other writers tend to derogate some of his work. But really, it's all down to taste. If to you he's the master of legal thrillers, then so he is.

I guess we are almost saying the same thing.
Grisham is the master of legal thriller. THAT APART.
LEGAL THRILLER OR NOT, HE IS BETTER THAN ALMOST ALL THOSE NAMES YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.
Patterson is good. i happen to have many of his books here but the worst book from grisham is better than his best. His pattern annoys me.

Grisham is not lucky, he is smart and intelligent plus he is a lawyer.
but like u said,
it all squares down to TASTE
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by Aiyetunje: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2008
They cannot be compared!
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by maedan(f): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2008
SAM MILLA:

HE IS BETTER THAN ALMOST ALL THOSE NAMES YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.

Almost all. Exactly. Now we ARE saying the same thing. Sorry to break it to you, but Grisham is really not that good. Like someone said once, he's a very good lawyer who just decided to write books. Like I said, if he's the best to you then he is. To you. wink
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by Tgirl4real(f): 8:07am On Oct 18, 2008
This is a difficult one cos dey are both excellent in their field. I LOVE THEM BOTH
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by emmy4naira(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2008
guys, argument no supppose dey. we all ahud know by now that john na the baba
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2008
John Grisham isn't a spectacular writer. Personally, he hasn't been able to hold me. If for example I found a Dean Koontz or Sidney Sheldon book on a shelf, just the name of the author would sell it to me, because I've always enjoyed them both. Grisham? De nada.

If you've read from both authors, then you'll know that if you took the storyline of "The Runaway Jury" and gave it to Sheldon, he would [B]SMASH IT!!!!!!!!![/b]
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2008
@mactao
how many grrishams have you read
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by Gamine(f): 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Maedan

i was gonna say that too,

You really cant compare Both.

Sheldon is more Diverse and yeah i like him ALOT

but Grisham, He draws from His Law background and creates Some real Good Stuff
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by skywalk: 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2008
Micheal Connelly is good, Patterson i like, William Diehl well ok, Steven martini i read in the absence of any good book to read! And i SAY non of them come close to JOHN. Period!
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by TOYOSI20(f): 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2008
Grisham, it is for moi. . . . . smiley
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by Okanran(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2008
Seeing there's no Tom Clancy listed in the options, ama ave 2 go with Sidney Sheldon, with a user-id like mine. . . werrin I wan' use (John Grisham) law/drama novel do?The few John Grisham's Novel I've read weren't bad sha!
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by kommy27(f): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2008
JOHN GRISHAM DOES IT 4 ME ALWAY
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by kommy27(f): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2008
JOHN GRISHAM DOES IT 4 ME ALWAY
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 20, 2008
They are both excellent writters. But since I have to choose one, I'll go for Grisham.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by zayhal(f): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2008
Both are very good writers. JG's writing is limited to law stuff. Sidney Sheldon writes wider.
If given the book of both, I'll read Sidney Sheldon 1st. I hardly drop his books until I've I get to the last page!
Master of the game, Bloodline, Rage of Angels etc. Those books are superb.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by adefranca(f): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2008
Its really hard to compare the two since those two are some of my best authors. John Grisham made me fall in love with Law and Sidney Sheldon is simply out of this world. So for me, I'll say they are both great authors. smiley
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2008
yea, they are both great writers
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by pejuhottie(f): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2008
funny. i'm hearing 4 the first time dat john grisham is good at all. i read one of his books ( the temperament ) & i was disappointed compared to the not-easy-to-put-down, page turner sydney sheldon.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 1:11am On Nov 12, 2008
pejuhottie:

funny. i'm hearing for the first time that john grisham is good at all. i read one of his books ( the temperament ) & i was disappointed compared to the not-easy-to-put-down, page turner sydney sheldon.

lmao!!! i am sure you dont know what you read.

whats the temperament?

why dont you just give your reasons for liking sheldon and then move on
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by Tgirl4real(f): 1:15am On Nov 12, 2008
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2008
ok, off to check it
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by ideaworks(m): 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2008
i have read works from both authors and i think sydney sheldon has edge over grisham.
Re: John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon by SamMilla1(m): 1:24am On Nov 19, 2008
Yea a lot of people think so too but i will still vote for jonhny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Saint In Disguise / Why Do People Dislike Reading Science Fiction? / knight of valor episodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.