Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky (2285 Views)

African Leaders To UN: We’ll Fight For Our Own Identity / How We’ll Fund N5,000 Welfare Scheme —lai Mohammed / Dambazau, Arase And El-rufai Visit Sheikh El-zakzaky (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Gboliwe: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2014
The sect was on a procession to mark the annual Quds day in Zaria when soldiers reportedly shot at them. But military authorities said the incident will be investigated before apportioning blames
———————
Islamic cleric and leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, has said his group would employ legitimate peaceful and legal means to challenge the killing of 35 of its members by the Nigerian military last Friday rather than resort to violence like the extremist Boko Haram sect.
He said although the group was still bitter over the incident, it had accepted the incident as a spiritual test of the group and its leader.
Mr. El-Zakzaky described Islam as a religion of peace and said being a movement of peace, his organisation would never be provoked into taking arms against the Nigerian state and its innocent citizens.
The Islamic Movement of Nigeria is far too peaceful, mature and organised to take the law into its hand to foment trouble, he said.
According to him, rather than resort to violence which could have fatal consequences on the country the group would take its case to the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, and other civl rights bodies for redress.
The organisation will also seek legal redress in court if necessary, the Islamic cleric said.
“We are very angry,” Mr. El-Zakzaky told PREMIUM TIMES in a telephone interview on Wednesday. “Thirty-five members of our organisations were murdered by the military. It was a peaceful procession but they shot at our members unprovoked.
“But in spite of the tragedy, we will remain peaceful. Islam is a religion of peace. And we are organised. We are matured, and nobody can provoke us into violence.”
When asked if his angry members won’t be provoked into descending on the country like the Boko Haram sect, the cleric said his members are aware of examples of past Islamic prophets and leaders who were spiritually tested in various ways but who did not resort to violence or ungodly conducts.
The Boko Haram sect took up arms against the Nigerian state when its leader, Mohammed Yusuf, was extrajudicially murdered by the Nigeria Police.
“So many things like that have happened to great servants of Allah in the past. Imam Khomeini’s (of Iran) sons were also killed, but he never lost focus. We will never lose focus. Why should we be provoked? We don’t attack, we only talk about faith and what we stand for. We are a peaceful people and no one can accuse us of ever instigating violence.”
Members of the sect were on a procession to mark the annual Quds day in Zaria when soldiers reportedly shot at them at the popular PZ roundabout in the city.
The crisis started when the soldiers allegedly tried to disperse the sect, which was denouncing Israeli’s attacks on Gaza.
Mr. Zakzaky’s three biological sons, Mahmud, Ahmad and Hamid as well as 32 other members of the Islamic Movement were shot dead.
Mahmud was a student of Almustapha University, Beirut, Ahmad a Chemical Engineering student of Shenyang University, China and Hamid an Aeronautical Engineering student of Xiang University, also in China.
A fourth son of the cleric, Ali, was shot in the leg. He survived, and is in hospital.
Mr. El-Zakzaky however told PREMIUM TIMES that five days after the incident neither President Goodluck Jonathan nor agents of the Federal Government has made public statements on the matter.
“The government is yet to contact me. As you know the President is yet to make any public statement on the matter. The Minister of Defence is also yet to do that. What has happened has happened. And people have been coming to see me,” he said.
He explained that his group was on a peaceful procession that day and did not in anyway provoke the soldiers.
However, Defence spokesman, Chris Olukolade, a major general said the military would investigate the matter to establish who was wrong.
He said soldiers do not take delight in killing anybody.
Mr. Olukolade added, “The people from within that crowd shot at soldiers. We don’t want to be drawn into any controversy.  We are interested in ascertaining what really happened.”
The defence spokesperson however rejected Mr. El-Zakzaky’s claim that the military and the government had not reached out to him “On the day of the incident, the officers in Zaria met him, had discussions with him and even exchanged telephone numbers with him,” Mr. Olukolade said. “And we have since said we need to investigate what really happened that day so we know how to proceed.”
When contacted, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, said it was not true that the federal government had not contacted Mr. El-Zakzaky.
“That’s not true,” Mr. Abati said. “The incident occured on Friday. The National Security Adviser contacted him on Saturday and condoled him. He also assured him that the incident would be thoroughly investigated.
“The Chief of Army Staff has also initiated investigation into the incident.”

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Gboliwe: 11:23am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Gboliwe: 11:25am On Jul 31, 2014
I hope he acts on his words. We are not barbarians, we are law abiding citizens.

While the military investigates, I hope they do it well and punish whoever defaulted. The elzak group or their men.
Human rights should also do their own investigations too.
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by dozzzybaba: 11:37am On Jul 31, 2014
I forsee a Boko Haram II

Sheikh Ibrahim El-zazazky's shi'a Islamic movement in Nigeria has a very strong international backing most especially from the shi'a moslem countries in the middle east.

Ibrahim Nasrallah, the leader of the Hezbollah in Lebanon and the Supreme Leder of Iran, Ayatollah Ali say'id Khomeni are both patrons of Sheikh Ibrahim's Islamic movement in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by bloodykiIler: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2014
a new boko haram is born military take note
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Idrismusty97(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Iran will know!
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by 0rlando0woh: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2014
dozzzybaba: I forsee a Boko Haram II

Sheikh Ibrahim El-zazazky's shi'a Islamic movement in Nigeria has a very strong international backing most especially from the shi'a moslem countries in the middle east.

Ibrahim Nasrallah, the leader of the Hezbollah in Lebanon and the Supreme Leder of Iran, Ayatollah Ali say'id Khomeni are both patrons of Sheikh Ibrahim's Islamic movement in Nigeria
That Boko haram part 2 you guys wish for will be in the South West.
Wicked people!

2 Likes

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 31, 2014
Lmao!

Just bidding his time, till Hezbollah and Iran deliver the goods. I'm sure he's thinking Israeli and MOSSAD operatives who control the Nigerian government, probably gave them the green-light to target his kids. And I doubt anyone can lose three grown-up sons, and not be vengeful, especially when the person in question is the leader of the Iranian proxy in Nigeria.

Let's just see how everything plays out - but the Nigerian government has to keep an eye on these people. Once they go berserk, Boko Haram will become child's play.

3 Likes

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by PriceOfGarri(m): 11:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Have never felt comfortable with this man, even for one day.
Not after I learnt he dines with Ahmadinejajs and d Ayatollahs

But this our military is wicked o. How could they take the lives of 3 young siblings on a day? shocked shocked
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Nctrice(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
A muslim opting for peaceful negotiations rather than violence! Time would tell if they are for real or not!
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gboliwe: I hope he acts on his words. We are not barbarians, we are law abiding citizens.

While the military investigates, I hope they do it well and punish whoever defaulted. The elzak group or their men.
Human rights should also do their own investigations too.
I see some people paying homage to the Hague any time soon. Ibrahim alZazaki will keep to his word. The Military act was so unprofessional
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by idupaul: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex: Lmao!

Just bidding his time, till Hezbollah and Iran deliver the goods. I'm sure he's thinking Israeli and MOSSAD operatives who control the Nigerian government, probably gave them the green-light to target his kids. And I doubt anyone can lose three grown-up sons, and not be vengeful, especially when the person in question is the leader of the Iranian proxy in Nigeria.

Let's just see how everything plays out - but the Nigerian government has to keep an eye on these people. Once they go berserk, Boko Haram will become child's play.

God bless you for this post .you have said it all , they are only bidding time for their hardware and new battle plans /logistics support to arrive from Iran

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
is it not funny that the government have not found it useful to pay condolence to this guy?

3 Likes

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Gboliwe: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli: is it not funny that the government have not found it useful to pay condolence to this guy?
Didn't you read the part where "the government" refuted the claim?

2 Likes

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by dulaman: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
hmmmm
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by bIoodykilIer: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Another boko rising military take note
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gboliwe:
Mr. El-Zakzaky described Islam as a religion of peace and said being a movement of peace, his organisation would never be provoked into taking arms against the Nigerian state and its innocent citizens.
The Islamic Movement of Nigeria is far too peaceful, mature and organised to take the law into its hand to foment trouble, he said.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1580954_1406366485093_jpeg3010e45f0ce4a390c0ab276b28782a72

7 Likes

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by IdomaLikita: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Why Are Shiites always portrayed in Bad light when Sunnis(90% of World Muslims) are worse! The Wahabbis(which Boko Haram, ISIS, etc belong to) are offshoots of Sunni Islam and receive overt backing of Saudi Arabia!
When did Hezbollah become a Terrorist Organization? Because Israel and the US says so?
What has Iran done to be labelled a Pariah country? Has she declared war on any country? Is she not a Democracy despite its Theocratic background? How many Middle East Countries have the Kind of Checks and Balances existing in the Iranian Govt set-up?

El-Zakzaky has been existing before I was born, how many times has he rebelled against the Nigerian State? He knows he stands no chance against a Sunni dominated Hausa-Fulani North!

On one hand, I wouldn't blame the Edgy Soldiers who fired into the group, considering the Volatility of the Northern Situation, However, I think the Govt should arrange a Behind-the-Scenes appeasement for the Man and even a "Sham" Trial of the Soldiers involved, just to cool frayed nerves!

Mstcheeeew!

2 Likes

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
Wot really happened that day? So much unnecessary secrecy in this country!!! Did they really fire @ d army? Did they get or attempt to get police permit b4 embarking on the peaceful demonstration? Of course, they have a right to demonstrate (peacefully) if they want to. So sad we lost 35 fellow citizens!! Human lives have been reduced to mere numbers!!! So sad! Really really sad!!
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by size38: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nigerians Take Note: The PDP led federal govt has just created another Boko Haram unknowingly to them by using their soldiers to kill innocent people. If this group goes violent tomorrow, the same PDP will be blaming APC and some Northerners for being responsible the violence that will ensue thereafter.

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by lanrefront1(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
A very useless government which refuses to learn anything from history:
; which refuses to learn anything from the past. How did Boko-Haram start? Have they forgotten so soon? Was it not because of this exact kind of injustice, and the government did nothing to address the situation.

Imagine Rueben Abati saying the government has already reached out to console him. Nonsense. Instead of fishing out the killers, he is saying rubbish.

Then what is the army investigating? Na so they investigated the burning of the BRT burning in Lagos. Imagine neither the senate or House of Reps. have said anything on the BRT matter. Why won't the army be emboldened to commit such further crimes and extra judicial killings.

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by HAH: 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
About two months ago El zakzaky said agent are tying to kill him but most people dismissed it as attention seeking, now we can see that he was right.

Iam very impressed with the position El zakzaky took that he will follow all legitimate ways to seek redress and sees this a a challenge from God to test his faith, he also said no provocation will make them take weapon against the government.

Shiiates are know to be very tolerant but most people who don't know the difference between sunni and shia see them as same. Even among the sunnis the wahabi are the violent ones. That is why Alqaeda, Boko Haram,ISIS,AQIm and Al shabab are all Wahabis

2 Likes

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by tit(f): 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Stop beating war drums!
The war will leave you all in a pitiable state.
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by aresa: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mr. El-Zakzaky however told PREMIUM TIMES that five days after the incident neither President Goodluck Jonathan nor agents of the Federal Government has made public statements on the matter.
“The government is yet to contact me. As you know the President is yet to make any public statement on the matter. The Minister of Defence is also yet to do that.

2 weeks went by before the incompetent people acknowledged the disappearance of hundreds of school children so don't expect anything from he useless people...

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Gboliwe: 6:00am On Aug 01, 2014
size38: Nigerians Take Note: The PDP led federal govt has just created another Boko Haram unknowingly to them by using their soldiers to kill innocent people. If this group goes violent tomorrow, the same PDP will be blaming APC and some Northerners for being responsible the violence that will ensue thereafter.

My friend, keep quiet if you have nothing to say. Nobody passes true judgment just from hearing the detail from one group in feud. Again I say, keep quiet.
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Gboliwe: 6:02am On Aug 01, 2014
IdomaLikita: Why Are Shiites always portrayed in Bad light when Sunnis(90% of World Muslims) are worse! The Wahabbis(which Boko Haram, ISIS, etc belong to) are offshoots of Sunni Islam and receive overt backing of Saudi Arabia!
When did Hezbollah become a Terrorist Organization? Because Israel and the US says so?
What has Iran done to be labelled a Pariah country? Has she declared war on any country? Is she not a Democracy despite its Theocratic background? How many Middle East Countries have the Kind of Checks and Balances existing in the Iranian Govt set-up?

El-Zakzaky has been existing before I was born, how many times has he rebelled against the Nigerian State? He knows he stands no chance against a Sunni dominated Hausa-Fulani North!

On one hand, I wouldn't blame the Edgy Soldiers who fired into the group, considering the Volatility of the Northern Situation, However, I think the Govt should arrange a Behind-the-Scenes appeasement for the Man and even a "Sham" Trial of the Soldiers involved, just to cool frayed nerves!

Mstcheeeew!
I agree with you 76%.
Re: How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky by Gboliwe: 6:06am On Aug 01, 2014
aresa:

2 weeks went by before the incompetent people acknowledged the disappearance of hundreds of school children so don't expect anything from he useless people...
SMH.

(1) (Reply)

Kim Jong Un Of North Korea Toppled?-Very Strong Rumores!!! / INEC Card Readers Can Be Pre-loaded With Votes & Pre-programmed To Reject Pvcs / Mayday Mayday Mayday Apsotle Johnson Sulaman Sending SOS To Security Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.