Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. (27699 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / List Of Nigerian Radio Stations That Are Online (stream) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by lovingsoul(m): 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
There is something happening on our radio stations that most of us don't get to observe. For those who listen to our local radio stations, you will have an idea about what am saying.No one should get me wrong, our radio stations and their respective presenters are the best thing to happen to us. There are some that could just be annoying and unbelievable.

In my opinion, rhythm fm is one of the best things on airways, they bring out the rawest form of broadcasting. The likes of Nanya, Toke, Big time, IK and Omalicha. If you listen to them you will begin to love radio more than tv, believe me.

On their contents and programs, i love virtually all, but in my opinion, Sharing life issues with charles B is the best radio program at this moment in time. Though their tv station STV leaves you annoyed most times.

After rhythm, beat fm is another cool and highly original radio station, their presenters are top notch, esp Gbemi. Cool fm and inspiration fm are also cool in their own ways. Brilla fm wows me at the depth and importances they give to sports. They are the best in their field.

Now to some radio programs and presenters that are just below par or they just try so hard to over impress and loose the fun and respect in broadcasting.

Phoneix of rhythm and her program is just a drap in my opinion. Another is the group of four on classic fm, Bukky, sholls and kayode. Most times this 3 sounds unbelievably ignorant of the larger society outside their studio, esp bukky and Kayode, i maybe wrong, but they all except Temisan sound so cocky, insensitive and highly unprofessional most times.

There are still much to say, add your views.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by jayseehe(m): 6:01am On Aug 01, 2014
Lagos has great radio presenters, come and listen to radio in my current location, you go laugh tire

I love Yaw

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Swegzfreak: 6:03am On Aug 01, 2014
Cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by femi4: 6:06am On Aug 01, 2014
I love Nigeria info especially Ali baba seriously!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by musicwriter(m): 6:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Nice observations though I don't agree with all what you said cause it seems you're biased of rythm FM.

One thing I agree with you is some of the presenters knows nothing about music. Some of them think azonto is the only form of music on the planet. I'm an independent recording artiste and just few days ago I went to a radio station to deposit an album and one of their staff told me they're looking for pop culture kind of azonto songs. He even went further to give me example mentioning one of the guys that sing trash, and at that point I just shook my head and told him goodbye. And as I walked away I couldn't help but asking myself how he made it to the OAP at that station.

As I speak, this same song have over 100,000 downloads from all over the world on iTunes alone.

Download my songs and be the judge. Find on iTunes, artiste name: Africason.

You can find it on other digital music stores. To know more about me please see the link below.
Artiste: Africason
Twitter: @african_school
Website: http://www.africason.com/2014/06/african-school-of-grassroots-science.html

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Vessel4christ(m): 6:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Faaji fm all the way. Banjo Ojedeji is my fav. He sounds like Gbenga Adeboye (of blessed memory)

BTW, hapi new month frnds. May God give us (and Nigeria @ large) reasons to smile dis August. An august visitor dat wil make our lives a positive testimony will com our ways dis month. Peace be unto us.

11 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by dridowu: 6:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Team Wazobia Fm
Team Yaw

12 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by WIZGUY69(m): 6:11am On Aug 01, 2014
Give me charles (HOT FM) abuja.
Give me cianna kikky (hot fm) abuja.
infact give me everybody includin the gatemen of hotfm.
they are the best in abuja.
and BEAT FM, IBADAN. they are good.
cool fm too is sweet.
**********PROGRESSIVE FM, EKITI********* They are trying.

6 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Richiy(f): 6:12am On Aug 01, 2014
Considering the competition for audience they have with other New media forms, our radio stations are giving good shots especially when it comes to being interactive, for example, Wazobia Fm in Abuja has totally made me understand that a radio station can build its strong following and impact in those people's lives in a life changing manner.

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by egbaguy: 6:12am On Aug 01, 2014
wahala dey oooo........three comments,yet FP.. To d issue,i guess u re referring to whatz trending wen u mentioned buki,schullz,kayode and temisan of classic fm. Those guys are doing a wonderful show. They discuss watz trending on twitter. They talk sense in a funny way. If u fault d show,then u av an issue with sense of humour.

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 01, 2014
most presenters on Grace FM in Kogi rocks!
But programmes on state owned radio stations are xoxo annoying. All you hear is one nasty politician appraising the Governor even when they are just siphoning funds!

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by MayflowerB(f): 6:14am On Aug 01, 2014
Cool Fm does it for me in PH....by d way how many stations dem get for Benin? The only tin I hear wen I tune my radio is "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by leonard509(m): 6:17am On Aug 01, 2014
a
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by myola777(m): 6:17am On Aug 01, 2014
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by MMMG14: 6:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Passer by.....

Jst saying HI, n wshing uu al a HapiNewMonth!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by disloman(m): 6:20am On Aug 01, 2014
Don't listen to radio xcept Top sport on Top radio.Don't find listening to radio interesting anymore.My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Donfamous(m): 6:21am On Aug 01, 2014
lovingsoul: There is something happening on our radio stations that most of us don't get to observe. For those who listen to our local radio stations, you will have an idea about what am saying.No one should get me wrong, our radio stations and their respective presenters are the best thing to happen to us. There are some that could just be annoying and unbelievable.

In my opinion, rhythm fm is one of the best things on airways, they bring out the rawest form of broadcasting. The likes of Nanya, Toke, Big time, IK and Omalicha. If you listen to them you will begin to love radio more than tv, believe me.

On their contents and programs, i love virtually all, but in my opinion, Sharing life issues with charles B is the best radio program at this moment in time. Though their tv station STV leaves you annoyed most times.

After rhythm, beat fm is another cool and highly original radio station, their presenters are top notch, esp Gbemi. Cool fm and inspiration fm are also cool in their own ways. Brilla fm wows me at the depth and importances they give to sports. They are the best in their field.

Now to some radio programs and presenters that are just below par or they just try so hard to over impress and loose the fun and respect in broadcasting.

Phoneix of rhythm and her program is just a drap in my opinion. Another is the group of four on classic fm, Bukky, sholls and kayode. Most times this 3 sounds unbelievably ignorant of the larger society outside their studio, esp bukky and Kayode, i maybe wrong, but they all except Temisan sound so cocky, insensitive and highly unprofessional most times.

There are still much to say, add your views.
are u a radio analyst? How did u know so much about various stations?

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by mekuzee1(m): 6:22am On Aug 01, 2014
COOL FM does it for me.dia OAPS nah die especially DOTUN and TEMI.
BEATS dhe try shaa especially TOOLS and GBEMI..bur its cool fm all d way...

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by disloman(m): 6:22am On Aug 01, 2014
WIZGUY69: Give me charles (HOT FM) abuja.
Give me cianna kikky (hot fm) abuja.
infact give me everybody includin the gatemen of hotfm.
they are the best in abuja.
and BEAT FM, IBADAN. they are good.
cool fm too is sweet.
**********PROGRESSIVE FM, EKITI********* They are trying.
U r right with progress fm.They r good n selection of music they played.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by kabba7(m): 6:23am On Aug 01, 2014
Was on BIAFRA FM yesterday 9 to 10 am to listen to thier live phone in programm , like hell those people are sure BASTARDS calling jonathan names that his parents are a mixture of hausa and fulani and it was a mistake on thier sde to have supported him 2011
how i wish they can muster some courage to bring the radio down to where real iyanmirins can hear them braodcasting on satelite cant get to them.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by LMAyedun(m): 6:23am On Aug 01, 2014
TeamHotFmAbuja

98.3fm

Amaka, Rahim, Ciana, Charles best OAPs ever.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Talkcentral: 6:26am On Aug 01, 2014
ol
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Vicjay1(m): 6:36am On Aug 01, 2014
Team YAW
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by festuskol(m): 6:41am On Aug 01, 2014
Am guessing that most of you guys are teenagers or or early 20's cos u seem to love music more than self dev n spiritual increase.. Mine is 92.3 inspiration fm. But I love many other programs on others statiins as well, i shuttle btw 98.1 smooth fm but ifm still.trips moi.

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by onegig(m): 6:42am On Aug 01, 2014
Can you please help tell the male presenters to stop sounding like Kermit the frog all in the name of speaking american english?

14 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by pelvicky(m): 6:43am On Aug 01, 2014
Wen i first saw this topic, i thought it is nairaland radio station

click on the like,if u felt the same thing

6 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by suntexhans(m): 6:45am On Aug 01, 2014
when am in abj, I love listening to Charles in hot f.m, in p.h, treasure f.m, Ekiti, progress f.m, in Ondo state, orange f.m. in Lag faaji f.m
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Melancholy(m): 6:47am On Aug 01, 2014
Osy aigbotsua now in Raypower ilorin has never fall my hand in ways she delivers. And Raypower lagos with Ambrose and olaitan on ultimate morning show is what i wakes up to. And Hollyhood jay&dj yoo!de never stops mantaining their momentum.

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Maxwell86(m): 6:47am On Aug 01, 2014
Cool FM does it for me.....

Dotun And Temi are cool..
Maxxy And Hashim(sp?) on the cool overnight lounge give great advice on a diverse range of issues..... that's My best program on radio.....

Freeze is a cocky bastard....
N6 is okay.....

Beat FM Lagos with their bunch of fake accents...

Nigerian Info is highly educative..... .
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Olusharp(m): 6:54am On Aug 01, 2014
.faaji fm all the way.
city fm and nigeria info are cool too

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards / Where Can I Download Latest Foreign Music / List Of Radio Stations In Oyo State (with Frequencies And Location)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.