Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (25217 Views)

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / ¤Strange Saga¤- A Short Story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:22am On Aug 03, 2014
Hmmm

Loving this..

Continue vonn
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 11:17am On Aug 03, 2014
My tent has just been pitched here. Weldone ma
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by hassan85(m): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2014
TiffanyJ: My tent has just been pitched here. Weldone ma
if i catch u eh?! I stil de wait 4 ur call sha
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Paradise163(f): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2014
Nice one dear. Ride on!!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
hassan85: if i catch u eh?! I stil de wait 4 ur call sha
i'm so so sorry i couldn't call as i promised yesterday. Leme do it now

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
My health has been a concern for a while now. I hope God heals me soonest.

I managed to type something today.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
"So what are you going to do now that he is back?"one of her friends Vivian asked Tonia as they sat round a table in the cafeteria.

"I'll dance to the tune of the music, as simple as that."

"And how are you gonna do that?"
"Well my move is to make him think that I love him, then use the opportunity to suck him dry."
There was silence when she stopped.

"On a serious note, d...don't you think this is risky. I mean the whole blackmail stuff?" Anita asked.

"Piece of cake." she said with a snap of her fingers.

"Just like that? What if he gets wind of your plans before you actually complete your mission?" Anita persisted.

"Girl, you sure know how to bug people with questions. When we get to the bridge, I bet we'll think up a way to cross it. In the meantime the money is ours." she concluded confidently and they all hailed her once more.

Her phone rang and when she took it out from her purse and checked the caller, she realised it was Julian. She quickly signalled to the others to be quiet.

"Tonia, I'll like to see you before the end of today. I've been to your hostel but couldn't get you. But you can tell me where you are and I'll meet you there.....if you're not so busy."

"Don't bother, I'll come but i hope there is no problem?"

"No, not a thing. Okay I'll be expecting you in....."

"Two hours." Tonia assured him.
"Right, see you then. Love you."
"Bye" She looked up at her friends and realised that they were smiling at her.

"What?!"
"What was that all about?" Sheila asked.

"Don't really know. He just said he wants to see me. Now back to business. We'll keep the whole stuff and share amongst us at the end, agreed?........Who is with me?" she asked looking at them.

"I dey honey." Sheila said immediately.
"Me too ooo." Jenny chipped in. There was silence.

"Vivian, Anita.....what's wrong?" a surprised Jenny asked.
"See, I don't think i like that idea. I've thought about it."
"Anita,what's your opinion?" Tonia asked getting irritated.

"I don't buy that either." Anita replied calmly. The two other girls sighed in unison.

"Well, I never knew we had born again christians in our midst." Tonia taunted them.

"Whatever. Just be very careful. You'll never know when you're dealing with naked wire." Anita advised. The trio looked at one another and laughed mockingly.

"Wait wait hold on...... I hope you have another Julian in mind because if you're talking about the one I know, then you'd have to rethink."

"He's more like mum's pet. Come on, the guy is so in love that he'll reason stupidly." Tonia added.

"Hey, why are you girls begging. Can't you foresee that when we get the money, just the three of us will share it." Jenny pointed out.

"Do as you wish but we've made up our minds and there's no going back." Vivian said and Anita nodded in agreement.

"Okay but don't come to us by the time we start flexing around school."
"We won't dare." Anita said as they lifted their hands to show it. Suddenly Vivian who couldn't hold back burst into laughter and the rest joined her without knowing the actual cause of the outburst.

They discussed other issues before Tonia remembered that she had an appointment to keep.
She excused herself and left. Not quite long, Jenny and Sheila also decided to leave. Vivian and Anita were left behind......they had their own thoughts.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
CHAPTER TWO

"I rushed here as soon as I could. I hope there is no problem."

"No, none that I can think of. It's just....there is this party at my friend's place tonight. It's his birthday and I was wondering if you can accompany me." Julian explained and Tonia heaved.

"Is that all?" When Julian nodded she shook her head.

"I don't think I can make it, I'm sorry." She apologised.

"Why? I mean its just a birthday party of one of my friends. I promise to bring you back if you don't feel like staying any longer, please....."

"I would have loved to but I have this assignment which we're to submit tomorrow. I can't just dump it all to accompany you to the party."

"So if you were done with the assignment you would have gone with me?" Julian asked and she nodded.

"What's it all about?" Tonia dipped her hand inside her handbag and searched aimlessly for a piece of paper where she wrote it down.
Finally she produced it from her bag and handed it over to Julian who surveyed it quietly.

"Consider it done." He said at last.
"What? How? You're not even an Economics student." Tonia laughed and Julian just smiled.
"You'll get it in the morning, trust me. Back to my offer, you have no more excuse." Julian reminded her. Tonia thought for a while and bit her lower lip in a way that amused Julian. Finally she smiled and looked up at him.
"Good to go."
"That's my girl." He beamed and gave her a light kiss.

"I'll pick you up, 8 O'clock." He said and Tonia nodded before getting ready to leave.
"Alright lemme see you off."
"No, don't bother yourself. I'll be alright." She defended.

"Okay see you at 8, bye."
"Bye." Tonia said and left.
On her way, she thought of all that transpired and chuckled.
"Fool." She breathed out.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by manutdadex(m): 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
nice write up! Keep it up
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
manutdadex: nice write up! Keep it up
Tnx dear. God bless.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by manutdadex(m): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
vonn:
Tnx dear. God bless.
update sharpally.....
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
Nice story
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
Nice story vonn but this julian no c say this girl no love am?must he force himself to love.keep up the good work dear
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
seunviju: Nice story vonn but this julian no c say this girl no love am?must he force himself to love.keep up the good work dear
Thank you.......
He doesn't know because Tonia has been pretending.
*thingswedoforlove*

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
seunviju: Nice story vonn but this julian no c say this girl no love am?must he force himself to love.keep up the good work dear
Lol.... abi na, nawa oh!

Weldone Vonn, loving this more! more power, any oda update dropping tonight?
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Lol.... abi na, nawa oh!

Weldone Vonn, loving this more! more power, any oda update dropping tonight?
I doubt. I need to rest because of my health. Hope you understand.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
vonn:
i pray you get healed. Please don't be ill my dear
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:34am On Aug 04, 2014
vonn:
I'm a writer likewise, I understand uu. Wish u quick recovery.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 7:17am On Aug 04, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: I'm a writer likewise, I understand uu. Wish u quick recovery.
Thank you
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
vonn:
Thank you
ohh!!! Thought it was an update grin
How are you feeling?, let me prescribe drugs for you...wish you quick delivery .
The Lord is your strength.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:58am On Aug 05, 2014

A heavy knock landed on Julian's door and it flung open almost immediately showing his friend, Ralph. After the usual 'chop-knuckle' greeting Julian decided to get dressed so they could leave to a nearby joint when his phone rang.

"Julian, please i need your help."
"What is it? Just tell me."
"I need you for some money right now. I kind of got hit by some pick pockets this evening and I don't have another on me. I relly need it to buy some books start my assignments." Tonia complained.

"How much is it?"
"Ten thousand naira.....I know its too much but i can't help it."

"No no...well, I'll see what I can do about it. Its really nothing."
"Thanks a lot." Tonia expressed and hung up.
Turning to Ralph, he tried to explain why he wouldn't be able to make it out with him but his friend blared up.

"I don't get it. So I'm no more important than that girl. Is that what you're trying to say?"
"Look it's not it. My girl is stranded. I can't leave her for another time. Just try to understand me."

"You know what, it's okay. Someone I took as my friend and now......you ain't worth it anymore." Ralph dashed out of the room.

Julian stood confused. After a while he fell back on the bed,facing the ceiling but staring into thin air.
He stayed there for more than five minutes before he got himself.

Getting his mind made up he wore his clothes and left on his way to a bank.
After the withdrawal of a certain amount of money he headed back to school.

What fate had for him was an inviting package. When he got back to his apartment, he dipped his hand into his pocket but felt nothing. Scared he dug deeper but just then he noticed that his fingers came out on the other side. It had been cut open and the money taken.

"God why are these happening in a day. What wrong have I done?" he asked himself. Just then a call from Tonia came through and he picked it up.
"What's keeping you so long. I've been waiting for you but you've not showed up like you assured me you would." her voice rang out.

"Baby.....I'm sorry. It's just.....something came up." he replied with unease running his fingers across his hair.
"Give me tomorrow, I'll make it up to you in the morning." he reassured her .
"Are you serious?"
"Yes.....sure."
"Okay thanks. I'm counting on you." she siad and disconnected the call.

"Girl you too much. I hail." were shouts from her friends who were there with her.

They had connived with a friend to carry out the whole plan. As agreed they paid off the guy who did the job in kind.
"Our next step should be........"
"Easy okay, just cool down. Let's not be in such a hurry or he would suspect something. He would get me the money int he morning. Then we can think up our next plan."
Tonia finished, looking up for their opinion and found they were nodding in agreement.
On a second thought, she privately decided to call Julian in the morning and ask him to forget about it. She didn't want things to be too fast.

In jubilation one of her friends slotted a disc into the CD player and selected the music track 'single ladies'. They all went gaga as they danced and twisted to the rhythm.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:50am On Aug 05, 2014
Julian dropped his phone on a low stool by the bedside and sat down with a thud.

Exhausted he used his hands to support his head as he was deep in thought.
Already he had spent almost half of his pocket money and he knew that deducting an additional amount would pose a problem to him.

Suddenly, he looked up and saw a figure moved from the window.
"Is that Ralph? How I'm I sure that he wasn't the one that arranged for the theft as he was around when I got Tonia's call."
Julian rushed outside only to discover that the place was serene. He found nobody around.
Disappointed he went back to his room, knelt down and asked for God's protection for the first time in weeks. Then he slept off.

In a dream, he saw himself being given a hot chase by cultists from different directions. His hands and legs were bruised with blood running down in tiny droplets.
His singlet was in shreds. With every second that passed, the pace continued to reduce till it got to a point where he fell. With blurred sight, he recognised Ralph amongst the lot.

Immediately he woke up. What was wrong with him?
"Could it be that Ralph is also a cultist?" He asked himself.
"Why are almost all my friends even cultists?" Unable to extract the answers from the walls, he closed his eyes back and slept off.

....................................*.....................................

"Don't make any silly move or you're dead."a threatening voice choke him from behind. This voice sent chills down his spine. He wanted to turn his head to know who had talked to him but was stopped halfway when he felt something placed just above his butt.

'Don't waste my time. Get the money." They were in a small ATM room, so no other person was around to know what was going on.

"P...Please that's all I have." As he finished he felt the object move up to his head. Frightened he wasted no time to hand the money over to the 'anonymous' behind him.
"That's my boy." With this he ran out of the room and mingled intelligently with the crowd.

Julian almost got mad. He had decided to go to a more distant place and also early that morning but it seemed that was where he met his doom.
He walked like a zombie to his apartment and managed to push the door open before launching himself on his bed.
He wouldn't even say anything to his room mates and they didn't bother either. He was yet thrown into another bout of thoughts.

"How am I going to get the money? What I'm I to tell Tonia? To disappoint her a second time wouldn't be fair at all. If I walk up to anybody to ask for money.....well I'm not even sure any f them would claim to have half the amount."

All these ran through his mind. As he was thinking, Tonia called and after exchanging greetings, she relieved him by saying that her elder bother sent her money.

.....................................*.....................................

One day, as Julian was coming back from lecture ,people were running towards him. In a bid to avoid collision, he tripped over a stone. His phone dropped from his hand together with some of his books. He bent down when he regained balance but couldn't find his phone. He quickly searched around with his eyes but made no progress.

Suddenly he became afraid of the school.
"Was he the only unfortunate guy in the school?" he thought.

Picking up only his books, he walked on till he reached his room. He packed a travelling bag and left for home with the money he still had on him.

"Guy I'm totally broke. My head fit scatter for here." an exhausted Julian slumped into a seat in the parlour.
"What's the problem. Why is your face like poultry droppings?"

"It's not easy. Lemme catch my breathe first."
Duron glared at his brother in amusement.

"If you're sick, go treat yourself. For the past five minutes you come back you've been complaining." Duron said impatiently. A surprised Julian kept silent for a while and then left to his room.
Duron was in his first year in the university while his only younger sibling, Sasha was in her fifth year in one of the best secondary schools in the country.

Around 7.pm, everyone was back and they had dinner. After the meal, they all decided to stay back to watch a tv programme. Julian wanted to make a call to his course mate whose number he had in his wallet and needed to use Duron's phone which got all a little bit surprised. Tired of hiding, he just told them the truth about all that had happened to him, not forgetting to avoid Tonia as the reason for the money withdrawals. But his mum wasn't going to be fooled.

"I thought I told you to stay away from that girl. Now see what it has cost you."

"Mum I'm not dead alright. I don't even see why you should all link this up with Tonia. Its not like she was the robber or something."
The dad who had been silent all the while kept glaring at his son. He reminded him of his younger self- so stubborn.
"Go to your room." he ordered. Julian needed no other word. Angrily he got up and walked to the staircase. Halting before he took his fifth step he tilted his head back and stated.

"I'll be leaving in two days and will like to have my account credited." He knew that no matter the amount of commotion in the house, his dad wouldn't leave him stranded. And with that he ascended the stairs to his room.

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
CHAPTER THREE

From afar, Tonia sighted Julian under the almond tree at the bend just before the mosque and changed her direction towards him.

"Good evening." She greeted beaming with smiles. Julian just nodded approvingly at her dressing which looked simple but expensive.

"How are you?"
"Fine. Just want to thank you again for the lunch and money you gave me. I really appreciate that."
"To be frank I enjoyed every bit of it." he said placing his arms round her waist and drawing her closer to him.

Tonia was reluctant for a second or two but later gave in. Now they were standing few inches apart that one could feel the air from the other. The place was serene and Tonia felt hot. Suddenly she fred herself from his hold which surprised Julian but he was prepared for it.

"I never knew you were this shy." he teased her tilting her head up with his index finger.

"Am I?" She queried to know which made him grin.
"No stop, its not funny."
"I'm sorry I........"
"That's not what I meant. You're......."
"That's okay, I understand you but you'll always be that shy girl I know."
"No I'm not." she defended.
"You are."Julian chuckled.
There was silence for a while. Then Tonia checked her timepiece and gasped.
"Julian I almost forgot I have somewhere to go before I came up."
"No qualms." He finally said and with a light kiss Tonia walked away. Julian stayed back and watched her as she walked till she was out of sight. He nodded and left with her facial expression mean.

...........................................*..................................

"Ralph wait now. Why you dey do me like this nah." Julian hurried up to him.

"See see, after what happened don't you think you should go your way. I thought we've been through this. How do you still want to be friends with someone you have no iota of trust in?"

"I was frustrated nah. I couldn't help suspecting everybody around me."
"Everyone except your girlfriend nah."
Ralph shook his head and left.

It was just as if his world was falling apart. The previous day, he had gotten a call from an unknown person and since then he hadn't figured out how the person got hold of his new line. Just few of his course mates had it.
The person had threatened to deal with him if he still contacted Tonia ever again.
Of course he could only Identify himself as 'Skillz' before the call ended.
Now was the loss of a friend. He was indeed tired of campus life and his only consolation was that in a couple of weeks, he would be out, probably with a second class upper. He found an apartment outside school where he thought he could concentrate more in his studies which he rented and paid for a month.
He once wanted to give Tonia a call but discarded the idea with the fact that he was the same person that got threatened because of her.

He accepted that God was with him by making him lose his phone with everything in it, so he was not any longer with her number.
With these he resolved to keep to himself for the rest of his stay I school. He agreed to himself that what he was moving towards was much bigger than a girl who never came to ask of his welfare for the past week.

He tried to erase everything and started on a clean slate. He studied harder that he almost had no time for anybody.

After his exams and project defence, he was sure he would make it. He waited for no one to remind him before he packed his things and left for home.
......................................................... continues
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Looks like his brain is coming home gradially ...
Well done ma'am Vonn....this is nice.
By the way, how us your health now?
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
dammygoody: Looks like his brain is coming home gradially ...
Well done ma'am Vonn....this is nice.
By the way, how us your health now?
Much better. Thank you
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
vonn:
Much better. Thank you
Alright...More strength.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
I hope he comes back to his senses.Nice update dear and how is your health?
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by odunayo92: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nice update
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
seunviju: I hope he comes back to his senses.Nice update dear and how is your health?
Improving. Thanks for your prayers
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
thread alert!!!

A new follower is here.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Fatalveli(m): 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
Can't wait 4 ur update bro
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: thread alert!!!

A new follower is here.
Aww....welcome honey. Enjoy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.