Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (25216 Views)

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / ¤Strange Saga¤- A Short Story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
seunviju: Nice work you are doing please do keep it up
Will always do my best.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
Please DO NOT ONLY read.........
Your constructive criticism will go a long way to help in my next story by God's grace.
Thank you all once again for finding time to view this thread.
GOODNIGHT
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
vonn: Please DO NOT ONLY read.........
Your constructive criticism will go a long way to help in my next story by God's grace.
Thank you all once again for finding time to view this thread.
GOODNIGHT

Nice..

Keep it up...

Better updates..
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by simdibaby2(f): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2014
nice story.......keep it up dear
loving the way ur write up is going.
cant wait for d nxt update.......
following u vonn.more grace to u.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
I'm soooo sorry for this my attitude. Today has really been a very busy one for me.....(Since morning)
I promise to type and drop something once I get the opportunity.
Thank you for your understanding in advance. kiss
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
simdibaby2: nice story.......keep it up dear
loving the way ur write up is going.
cant wait for d nxt update.......
following u vonn.more grace to u.

Thank you dear. I'm encouraged
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Aliyuozioma(f): 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
nyc write up, waitn for more update
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Fatalveli(m): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
Still following* Mz vonn, I wouldn't mind a kiss 4rm u jst 2 keep d story flowing wink
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
vonn: I'm soooo sorry for this my attitude. Today has really been a very busy one for me.....(Since morning)
I promise to type and drop something once I get the opportunity.
Thank you for your understanding in advance. kiss
No problems....waiting.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Temmytayo20(f): 10:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
Following... Nice story
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2014
SUNDAY SPECIAL

Saturday updateS to come in as from 12 noon.
Sunday updateS follow........
(Bribing my readers.... for my inability to update yesterday)

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Fatalveli(m): 11:03am On Aug 10, 2014
Huh! 12 o,clock tins...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2014

"Why does he even hide his face behind those masks? Am I the only one who has never seen his face?" Julian thought aloud on the bed he shared with two other guys. That was a four days after his visit to his family.
He was thinking that since he had been a member of the gang for a while then, it was unfair for Christian not to have shown his real identity yet.

Christian had told him his reason was that he had a bad facial scar, so didn't like people seeing the real him.

"Haven't I earned enough of his trust?" He asked himself. Realising that he could not get the answers from the ceiling, he decided to wait and see to the end.

There was a knock on the door and it flung open before he could usher the person in. It was Christian.

"Get ready to roll. You're my back-up." He said.
"Where to?"
"We got a tip from a friend. Just way-laying a bank vehicle." He said and turned to leave but remembered something.

"I'll like to have a serious discussion with you when we get back. Remind me of that." He said and left the room.

Everyone got prepared as they had just an hour left.
They got to a lonely road with bushes sideways and parked their bus. They went behind the vehicle to lift out the big and heavy truck tyres. This would make it impossible for the bank vehicle to pass.
There and then they would carry out their operation without any waste of time.
The rest hid in the bushes with their guns positioned well and set to release fire while three held the two tyres. One of the tyres was lying at the other end of the road.
The road was almost deserted except for one or two vehicles that passed at intervals.

They didn't wait for more than fifteen minutes before one of them sighted three vehicles from afar.
One was a Mercedes 230E while the two behind were no doubt from the bank.

They became alert as they staged their plan.
They wanted it to seem like they were rolling the tyres to the other side of the road. In the middle, one of the tyres fell and the vehicles had to slow down and wait for them to move out.

A policeman jumped out of the bank van and walked up to them shouting angrily as they were trying to apologise, all in pretence.
They hurriedly carried up the tyre and rolled away as the policeman stood watching them.
The Mercedes drove off as the policeman was walking back to the van.

Suddenly, gunshots from nowhere sent him lying on the road, dead.
This was like a go-ahead order to the rest.
They rained shots everywhere killing the two drivers and one other policeman seated in the other van.

Other vehicles that were plying the same route came to abrupt end on their different lanes.
With sharp turns, the lucky ones sped off back to where they were coming from.

The ones that collided with oncoming vehicles who were also trying to pull their cars into reverse had no other option but to run out and dive into the bushes, with hope of escaping from stray bullets.

After what seemed like seven seconds after the shootings, they started appearing from their hiding places as the coast seemed clear.

One of them used a crowbar on the padlock and it gave way.
Immediately the doors were widely opened, gunshots were fired from the van and three of Christian's men dropped dead instantly.

......................................................................................

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2014

"Run!!" Christian shouted.
They had been caught unawares. That was a set-up but it was too late by the time they knew it.

They all thought that the contents of the van was already theirs without knowing that they had surprise packages.

Christian jumped into the bush and Julian followed siut. Nearby, one other member screamed and fell.
He had obviously been hit by a bullet. Confused, they almost started running in cricles.
It was just as if they were the only ones left. After running a reasonable distance in the bush, they stopped to rest. It was getting late, around 6:15pm.

"Chris do you think we can still make it?" Julian asked in fright, also trying to regain his breathe.

"We just have to keep trying." He replied.
Just then, the plicemen started firing shots in the air. Unfortunately, a bullet hit Christian in the right leg.

"Arrrgghhh.... God!!!! Shit... Shit" he kept screaming. Julian immediately popped a handkerchief into his mouth to stop him from giving them away to the police.

"We have to go further. It's not safe here. They can track us down from the noise you just made." Julian reasoned as he pulled Christian with his might and through his help, they hurriedly left the place.

True to his words, the policemen took the direction the scream came from but when they got there, they found no one, not even a corpse.

They searched around and were about to give up when one of them discovered a blood trail.

It never occured to Julian to cover the wound too to avoid blood dripping.
The policemen jumped into action.

They could be mistaken for hunters as they poked their noses and eyes here and there.

Julian and Christian got to a small house still in the bush, probably a little shade for the farmers and hunters.

They decided to rest a little.
Julian was still panting when Chris called his attention.

"I wanted to have a discussion with you when we get but who knows if there's still a chance of survival for me." He said smiling regrettably.

"Both of us are getting out of this mess, alive." Julian hopefully told him.

"Please dont't panic." He begged Julian.
Slowly Christian pulled the mask over his head. Seconds ticked away.

"Dont tell me what I'm thinking is true." Julian said with eyes almost bulging out. Chris ignored him.

......................................................................................
(Far from what you're already thinking)*winks
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Annais(f): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Madam Vonn, well done o! First time to comment.

You really got my heart racing... Hmm... Am I thinking what you are thinking? Anyway let me siddon watch.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
Annais: Madam Vonn, well done o! First time to comment.

You really got my heart racing... Hmm... Am I thinking what you are thinking? Anyway let me siddon watch.
Hehehehehehe.........thanks hon...

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
Finally caught up again.... I hope it's what I'm thinking... wink
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Let's see...

If it's what I'm thinking too.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lol.........please dont think too much oooo.
Update loading.......60%
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by uchebest2006(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nice update!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
...................................................................................

"I have a confession to make. I know I'm gonna die anyway, so just listen to me. I grew up in the wrong hands so I never really understood love. Back in school, Tonia was a bad person who kept secrets from you. Don't ask how I knew, I just did. She died last week in a fight, probably with anti-cults." Julian's mouth was agape.

"the first time I really got close to you was the day at the ATM.....you remember?" Julian just nodded.
"The people thought we were together, so nobody suspected anything. That's aside." He coughed and continued.
"I took your place when you finished exams and went home. Your girlfriend of course noticed no difference. That gave me ample time to study her.
I...I shot those female students........"
"What! How could you do that to your brother, yet you say you've found love." Julian barked with anger but Chris had not finished.

"it wasn't my fault that my picture was taken by someone and you were arrested instead. So I bribed the Police and got you out. I wanted to spend time with you, that was why I made you join us. I know you're annoyed right now but it's too late to blame somebody for this. Here, take this......it brings luck." He said giving Julian a necklace.

"I wish I'd seen mum and dad before now. Well, tell them how much I loved them. Now get out of here."
"You're coming with me. I won't leave you here." Julian insisted.

"My leg hurts a lot. I've lost blood. I can't survive this. Just go, they'll soon be here."
Julian reluctantly ran out of the shelter through the only window in the structure as fast as his legs could carry him without looking back.

After running for a long time, he stopped to rest.
Turning, he discovered to his surprise that from where he stood, he could still catch a view of the shelter.
He fixed his gaze on the building to see if he could make out a figure moving or if Chris would come out.
What really came out was a bomb blast. Julian was rooted at a spot.
Tears welled up in his eyes and he allowed them to drop freely.
He had not cried for quite a long time but the thought that his newly found twin brother was dead made him cry the more.

He had barely known Chris as his twin than he lost him forever.
His only anger was that they could not get to have a proper conversation as brothers.

Julian checked his wristwatch, it was few minutes before 7 o'clock.
He had to get to somewhere safe before it was totally dark.
So he gathered his strength and ran.
Finally, he could hear the sounds of car zooming past signifying that he was near a town.
As he staggered out of the bush, the flashlight from headlamps of vehicles almost blinded him.
As he was trying to obstruct the light from his eyes, an oncoming car hit him but came to a halt.
The elderly woman driving the car started panicking.
She called on passers-by who helped her carry Julian into her car and she sped off to the nearest hospital.
Julian was unconscious, bleeding from a head injury.

...................................................................................
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is serious.well done maam,thanks for the update
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:04pm On Aug 10, 2014

"Ouch! Julian cried when he came around the next day.
"Easy on yourself. You need to have some rest." A nurse advised him.
"Where am I? Where is my brother?" He kept asking.
"Please, be calm. You're not okay and......"
"Yes I am. I need to get out of here." He stated and tried to get out of bed but his legs felt numb.
His head was heavy and aching badly.
He fell back with unease.
Seconds later, he struggled again but to no avail, so he gave up trying.
His head was already spinning and his vision was blurred.
Just then a doctor walked into the ward. After what seemed like eternity to Julian which was just five minutes, the doctor left.
"You've got to rest since you're still weak. In no time you'll be fine." The nurse assured him.
As Julian closed his eyes,the last thing he could remember the previous night was emerging from the bushes and flashes of light obstructing his vision. Then there was blackout.
Very tired, he drifted off to sleep again.

When he finally woke up, it was well into the day.
Julian kept mute for sometime to recall where he was. Seconds later, it flashed in his mind and he felt more relaxed.

"Nurse, he's awake." The elderly woman who had knocked Julian down called. To the nurse.

"How are you feeling now?" The nurse inquired.
"Better than before."
"Good." Turning to the woman, she reminded her that she had only thirty minutes left to stay with him and she nodded the nurse left.
Julian was surprised to see an unfamiliar face as his visitor.
"The nurses said that with this rate of recovery, you'll be out of here in two days." She assured him and he just nodded.
There was a period of silence between them.

"I'm Mrs Justina. I'm very sorry for what happened."
"Its okay for visitors to console the sick, so you've got no problem.....thank you."Julian replied.

"No, I mean that I accidentally hit you with my car yesterday." Immediately she said that, pains veiled Julian's face as he shut his eyes tightly and faced the wall.

"I'm very sorry. I was speeding so I didn't see you on time, moreover you just dashed out from the bush like you were being chased. Anyway, I'll pay the hospital bill when you're discharged so you don't need to worry."
"Thanks." Julian managed to say after a while. The woman spent more ten minutes with him before leaving, promising to be back the next day.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Bhummieluv(f): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
New follower *shy*

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bhummieluv: New follower *shy*
Lol.......thanks luv. Your welcome.
Grab a seat.........
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:36am On Aug 11, 2014
True to her words, she came back the following day to see him.
She also brought food and fruits for him.
"Good morning." She greeted when she walked into the ward.
"Hope you're getting better?" She asked.
"Well, you can see for yourself. At least the pains has subsided and I can sit upright, though I have not tried walking." He grinned.

"You're.......Julian right?" Julian gave her a look that read 'how did you know'.
"Your wristband." She said realising he was surprised and Julian nodded, calming down.

"I'm happy you're improving rapidly. I got your phone for you. I noticed it in my car this morning." She said bringing out the phone from her handbag and handing it over to him.

"Thanks a lot. I thought I'd dropped it....somewhere else." He expressed his gratitude surveying the phone to know if it was actually his. Then he place it on the bedside table.
"I brought you some food, here." She directed bringing out a medium sized food flask from the plastic bag she was with.
As he was eating, Justina asked him what he was doing before the accident.
"I'd rather not discuss that." He snapped closing his eyes.

"It's okay." She shrugged not wanting to open memories, be it good or not. Julian was almost lost in thought before she brought him back.
"Your phone is ringing."She signalled at him. Julian picked it up to take the call when he noticed that the number was very unfamiliar.
Hesitating for a moment, he picked it, brought the phone to his ear and waited.
"Hello again. Hope you're gaining quick recovery?"
"Who's this?"
"Forgotten Electric so soon...."
Julian jerked from the bed and with much difficulty limped to the window.
Looking out he searched hurriedly for the caller.
"No...no...no, don't panic. You're still in a pretty bad condition."
"Show yourself." Julian sounded with a faked tone of authority.

"Uh..uh. Let's mean business. You can't run or hide from me even if you wish to. Now I'm going to do you a favour. I give you just a week to get well enough to return to the gang. Four of us are still waiting."

"And what if I don't? Are you going to force me? I'm talking to you, are..." Julian blared but the line was dead.

"Damn it....shit...." He swore.
"What's wrong?" Justina asked confused.
Julian looked at her for a moment and limped back to the bed with uttering a word.
"Julian why were you shouting?"
"I need some rest." Was all he could say.
There was silence except for the murmurs of 'shit' from Julian.
Justina looked on for a while before getting up to leave.
"I'll check on you tomorrow. Hopefully, you would be discharged. But in the meantime, finish your food, okay." She pleaded before walking out.
Turning his eyes on the food again, Julian lost his appetite.

"The doctor said you're good to go and would be discharged today. I've already paid the bills." Justina informed him when she came the next day.
"Thank you."
"So what happens after you're out....." She was interrupted by a nurse.
"The doctor wants to see you both." She said and left.
"Let's go."
They got up and went towards the doctor's office. After much advice to Julian from the doctor, some drugs were prescribed for him to enhance his recovery.

Standing up, they thanked him and left the office.
As they were walking down the hallway, Justina asked the question again.

"Where do you plan on going from here? Do you know someone around?" Julian was silent for a while. The only the thought came to him was after Electric called. He was so angry that he postponed the issue to the future.

"The fact is that I'm in trouble. I don't even know where to go. I mean.....I'm just scared." He admitted.

"Scared? Scared of what?"
"Of....it's a long story." He sighed.
"Well, you can stay over at my place till you're ready to go home." She offered.
"I'd love to. Thank you very much."
"My pleasure." She smiled as they got to the parking lot.
Finding her car was not difficult. They got in and zoomed off.

End of Chapter 5
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by uchebest2006(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2014
Ride on vonn!!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nice update
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
You are really good. Keep it up
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bhummieluv: New follower *shy*
don't be shy ma'am.

This is one of the good stories on Nairaland.
You're welcome here. cheesy
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
TiffanyJ: You are really good. Keep it up
Aww. Thanks luv
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: don't be shy ma'am.

This is one of the good stories on Nairaland.
You're welcome here. cheesy
God bless you sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.