Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game (3861 Views)

Blessing Okagbare Wins Gold At Commonwealth / Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m gold at Commonwealth Games in 10.85s (video) / Second Nigerian Tests Positive At Commonwealth Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Fuvk you BBC;fuvk you Britain..and fuvk you Madcow1...for..well;for not taking your drugs on time!!
Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by dabossman(m): 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
curiouslad:
Yes i jumped the race card, but it was obvious what the op was getting at.

This is like going to watch a movie in someone's house and then complaining he didn't allow you see the cast before shutting off the TV.

Yes his actions are rude, But I say buy your own DAMN tv.

But no we would rather play the victim and come next international event we all tune to the same people who shit on us to watch.

We never learn. We always play the victim
Thats my point

You obviously don't know much about broadcast rights for events such as this. It is not as simple as buying "your own TV". What if your neighbour has been given exclusive rights to be the only one who owns a TV in the entire locality and you can only watch TV by going to his house?

That said, the OP is a Nigerian based in the UK and the BBC hold the right for domestic broadcast of the Games, so where else do you expect him/her to catch what BBC denied him/her of viewing. The UK is home to many nationalities and those people pay for TV license. They deserve better service.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by dabossman(m): 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
lordeasy:
Did u take special note bro? British nigerians!...."british" comes befor d "nigerians" u knw? Besyds, as long as one makes a living there, u v gat to be taxed(british or not). Woeva dey choose to broadcast will PRIMARILY reflect THEIR VALUES & INTERESTS.....other events elsewhere is SECONDARY! My point basically is........we v gat NTA lyk dey v gat BBC! Dey v chosen to go global with deir programming( as evidenced in deir offices worldwide, eg BBC africa with reporters and offices in various countries in africa) yl NTA has chosen to give primary focus to d activities of happenings in d ruling party and d FG! Lyk I said, we should rather vent on NTA for nt providing us with free-to-air access to d CWG and nt on what BBC chooses to broadcast!

the OP is a Nigerian based in the UK and the BBC holds the right for domestic broadcast of the Games, so where else do you expect him/her to catch what BBC denied him/her of viewing. The UK is home to many nationalities and those people pay for TV license. The BBC should not just focus on only British athletes. Other nationalties too deserve better service.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by lordeasy: 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
dabossman:

the OP is a Nigerian based in the UK and the BBC holds the right for domestic broadcast of the Games, so where else do you expect him/her to catch what BBC denied him/her of viewing. The UK is home to many nationalities and those people pay for TV license. The BBC should not just focus on only British athletes. Other nationalties too deserve better service.

Oooops.....my bad....didn't knw d OP is based in d UK. Thanks for d info. U r very ryt then.....Point taken Sir
Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by curiouslad(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
dabossman:

You obviously don't know much about broadcast rights for events such as this. It is not as simple as buying "your own TV". What if your neighbour has been given exclusive rights to be the only one who owns a TV in the entire locality and you can only watch TV by going to his house?

That said, the OP is a Nigerian based in the UK and the BBC hold the right for domestic broadcast of the Games, so where else do you expect him/her to catch what BBC denied him/her of viewing. The UK is home to many nationalities and those people pay for TV license. They deserve better service.

You assume a lot!
Buying your own TV was an analogy to illuminate my point which you have missed.

The Nigerian Television Authority - also known as NTA - was inaugurated in 1977 and is the government-owned body in charge of television broadcasting in the country.[1] The NTA claims to run the biggest television network in Africa with stations in several parts of Nigeria. Formerly known as Nigerian Television (NTV), the network began with a take... ... A number of NTA programmes can be viewed online via Africast as well as TelAfric Television (US & Canada). NTA News bulletins are frequently aired on Africa Independent Television, and BEN Television in the United Kingdom. The station was made available through Sky in the UK on channel 202, but in early March 2010, they refused to make their channel pay-per-view on Sky .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Television_Authority

We neeed to stop sulking and start holding building our own infrastructure.
We depend on the 'whites' for virtually everything!!
And when we don't get what we think we 'deserve' we then begin to sulk and start playing the victim.

You hold the Nigerian Government accountable for not being able to show British-Nigerians the heroics of Nigerians
You don't hold the British for not showing British-Nigerians the heroics of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by dabossman(m): 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
curiouslad:

You assume a lot!

And when we don't get what we think we 'deserve' we then begin to sulk and start playing the victim.

You hold the Nigerian Government accountable for not being able to show British-Nigerians the heroics of Nigerians
You don't hold the British for not showing British-Nigerians the heroics of Nigerians

Off course I know it was an analogy. But did you miss the part where I said the OP is based in the UK? BBC is largely free-to-air in the UK once you've paid your TV license. Even if the NTA was available on Sky for pay-per-view she still wouldn't be able to watch the Games on NTA as the signals would be scrambled.

I agree with every other thing you've said about the NTA's ineptitude, but how does that help a Nigerian based in the UK?

2 Likes

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
Arosa: They are silly.
This is an understatement. Well, it doesn't change the fact that we got gold. The medal will be with our girl until death separates them and even then the medal will still be in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by NSNA: 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
dabossman:

on point.
Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by MadCow1: 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Danielotuya:

i wanted to really reply u bt then i saw ur moniker..people lyk u make Patrick Starfish of Spongebob square pant look lyk Charles Darwin

Word of advice:: Dont test me.. Once again, do not test me.

Enjoy your life.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by Beive85: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by oloriooko(m): 10:54am On Aug 02, 2014
curiouslad:

You assume a lot!
We know that prof!

Who got the tv rights to the games?
Who do you pay to if you want to view the game?
I paid to dstv in order to view the games while they in turn pay to whoever.
So if I did not get value for my money, I should keep mute?
Seem you have succumbed to these racists called Brits but we shall condemn the horrible display of your master while we work towards building ourselves strong enough to get our tv rights in the future.
BBC is a leading propagator of racism around the world, take it or leave it angry

1 Like

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by curiouslad(m): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2014
oloriooko:

Who got the tv rights to the games?
Who do you pay to if you want to view the game?
I paid to dstv in order to view the games while they in turn pay to whoever.
So if I did not get value for my money, I should keep mute?
Seem you have succumbed to these racists called Brits but we shall condemn the horrible display of your master while we work towards building ourselves strong enough to get our tv rights in the future.
BBC is a leading propagator of racism around the world, take it or leave it >sad

Go through the thread
I have not attempted to exonerate the British from their bigotry. I chose to focus on our own shortcomings so we can fix it and avoid a repeat of the same issue - it's not the first time and it wouldn't be the last.

1 Like

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
MadCow1: She was probably on drugs thats why. angry

You mean your prosti/tute mother?
Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
curiouslad:
Yes i jumped the race card, but it was obvious what the op was getting at.

This is like going to watch a movie in someone's house and then complaining he didn't allow you see the cast before shutting off the TV.

Yes his actions are rude, But I say buy your own DAMN tv.

But no we would rather play the victim and come next international event we all tune to the same people who shit on us to watch.

We never learn. We always play the victim
Thats my point

My friend stop talking jazz. If it was Jamaica or Kenya that won a medal BBC would have no problem airing all aspects of the ceremony. Those of us who have watched them for years KNOW there is a definite anti-Nigerian bias there. This is obviously due to Nigeria's status as the black world's biggest and leading nation. Why should we not mention it? If you have nothing to say I suggest you shut it.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by MadCow1: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You mean your prosti/tute mother?

Coming from you, I must say I am highly disappointed.

1 Like

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by Sagamite(m): 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
NSNA: BBC disrespected Nigerians.

BBC was showing the medal presentation the 3rd mounted followed by the 2nd and received their medal presentation, when it came to the 1st Blessing Okagbare's turn they cut to studio and Gary Lineker annoced that they have run out of time.

You don't have 10 seconds to show the winner of the main event of the commonwealth.

Give me a break! shame on you BBC

Dem beg your reetarded country not to have their own broadcasting capability?

GEJ till 8761!!! cheesy

Moronic nation, moronic people!

3 Likes

Re: BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game by curiouslad(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
ROSSIKE:

My friend stop talking jazz. If it was Jamaica or Kenya that won a medal BBC would have no problem airing all aspects of the ceremony. Those of us who have watched them for years KNOW there is a definite anti-Nigerian bias there. This is obviously due to Nigeria's status as the black world's biggest and leading nation. Why should we not mention it? If you have nothing to say I suggest you shut it.

You've been watching them for YEARS.
Go back and read that again. YEARS!!!

Nigeria is the black leading nation. Buahahaha!!!

You would rather dictate to your next door neighbour what music to play for you. Rather than buy your own DAMN radio.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victor Moses Mocked By Chelsea Teammates On Bench After Davide Zappacosta’s Goal / AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally / Congrats To Everyone Who Played Our Free Daily Odds Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.