Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady (1079 Views)

Security Guard Sets Master’s House On Fire After Disagreement / Final Year Student Hacked To Death By His Hausa Security Guard (Graphic Pic) / Security Guard's Wife Mistaken For Millionaire's Wife, Kidnapped In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by iceland(m): 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2008
THIS WORLD IS WICKED!!!

For this young woman, life will never be the same again. Today, she lives in untold physical pains as well as psychological trauma. The nightmare of the deadly encounter she had with a security man working in the Pathological Department of the Lagos State General Hospital, CMS, Lagos, haunts her everyday. A reminder of the trauma stares her on the face every moment. All it takes for her to wake up with a start, with a palpitating heart and a body drenched in perspiration, is to close her eyes for a second.

“I stared at death in the face that very night”, she recalls in excruciating mental agony. “I actually died and woke up. It is an experience that is embedded in my memory. I wish it can go away.”

Nkiru is a sorry sight at the moment. She winces at the slightest move of a muscle. With disheveled hair and heavy plasters wrapping the deep laceration on her neck, the possibility of regaining the use of her heavily bandaged arm hanging in a sling is almost nil. Different parts of her body also bear marks of the deep stabs she received from the emissary of death on the night of Monday, September 15, 2008. Even her left breast was not spared the bloody assault. That devil in human form is named Musibau Lasisi, a security guard, at the government hospital.

If she knew that danger was lurking in the dark but peaceful looking shadow of the hospital premises that night, she would have just sat at the entrance to the female ward where her sister was on admission to wait out the several hours before dawn.
The journey to Nkiru’s brutish experience started after her unconscious sister, Uche Metu, was taken to the emergency unit of the Lagos State General Hospital during the early hours of Saturday, September 13, 2008.

When Uche regained consciousness two days later and was certified stable by doctors, she was transferred to the female ward for further treatment. According to Nkiru, she was told to make some payment before her sister could be moved into the ward. The money, she revealed, was paid early, but the bureaucratic nature of the hospital did not allow the transfer to be effected until very late in the night.
“On September 15, I was to pay N8,000.00 before my sister would be transferred to the female ward A4. I made the payment by 1p.m. But my sister was not moved to her space until 9.00 p.m. By the time she could settle down in her bed, it was past 10.00 p.m.”

Nkiru can hardly curtail the tears from cascading down her cheeks as she speaks with Daily Sun. She recalls that as she made to sit beside her sister, the matron in charge of the ward walked in and asked her to leave.

“Initially, I could not believe she could ask me to leave at such an ungodly hour. But she explained that the hospital’s policy does not allow visitors to sleep with patients in the wards. After pleading endlessly with her, I left, with a promise to my weak sister that I would be back in the morning,” she informs.
Assured that her safety was guaranteed for the night by the peace and tranquil air pervading the hospital environment, Nkiru set out for the pathological department to collect the result of the laboratory tests earlier conducted on her sister. But that move and search for where to lay her tired nerves nearly truncated her earthly existence.

She continues: “Because the hospital appeared secure and peaceful the first night we arrived, I decided to walk to the lab. When I got to the Pathological Department, the place was already close for the day. But the burglary proof was later opened by the security man. As I was about leaving with the results, I approached the security man to ask for where visitors were usually allowed to sleep. He told me there was a small apartment within the hospital premises where I could manage till the next morning. I thanked him and left to give the result to the matron in charge of my sister’s ward.”

Nkiru disclosed that when she went back to meet the securityman who she later learnt to be Musibau Lasisi, he took her through her sister’s ward, to a room that had only a mat and a New Testament Bible. She quickly cashed in on the opportunity to wash her dirty clothes, as the place appeared to be the laundry room of the hospital. “I thanked him and even prayed for God to help him in all his life endeavours. When he left, I locked the door”.
But like a carnivorous animal which had already sighted a potential prey, the security man returned to hatch his evil plan.

Hear her: “About midnight, I heard a strange sound. When I opened my eyes, I saw the same securityman walk into the room. He held my head and started hitting it against the wall. When I tried to scream, he held my throat and was desperately trying to strangulate me. As he was doing that, he was saying in Yoruba that I should die.

“I tried to struggle, but it was to no avail. I nearly passed out and he wrapped my head with a piece of cloth. At the same time he started stabbing me all over with a knife that he had obviously brought into the room to execute his plan. I became so weak that I was unconscious. He then settled down to cut off my head with the knife. He started cutting my throat. But I held the knife and I started struggling with him. That is why I have so many bad cuts. When he realized that there was still some life in me, he brought out another knife. He started stabbing me again. But while we were still struggling, there was a strange voice that said, you are not fighting her, but you are fighting God Almighty. If you don’t leave her, you will be destroyed. It was at this point that he dropped the knife and ran away.

“When he left, I staggered out and started to scream. Another security man on patrol saw me and was scared. He too ran away. It was later that other people came and helped me to the emergency ward.”
Nkiru says the evil-hearted man was later nabbed by the police with the help of the hospital management. He was subsequently taken to the Lion Building. But before his arrest, Nkiru’s recuperating sister, Uche, having waited in vain for Nkiru to surface, eventually passed on.
“That was even what killed my sister. The shock of not seeing me made her to relapse into her coma. And she eventually died,” recollects Nkiru amidst sobs.
Musibau has since been transferred to the Force Criminal Investigations Department in Panti, awaiting his date with justice.

The hospital management wouldn’t want to speak on the incident. A source within the hospital told Daily Sun, however, that it would not be Musibau’s first iniquitous act. He was said to have been fingered in a few robbery incidents previously. He was let off the hook for lack of adequate evidence.
Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos State, Mr. Frank Mba, said investigations were on-going, assuring that the police would ensure that Musibau, if found culpable, is charged to court.

Meanwhile, Nkiru sits at home day after day, knowing quite well that her life will never remain the same again. She visits the hospital to see the doctors treating her near-fatal injuries, but she can hardly afford to visit alone, perpetually scared that Musibau might just appear to finish his uncompleted devilish assignment. She still seeks justice though, believing that the man who has caused so much damage to her life will be made to pay for his sins someday.
But will he?

Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by Seun(m): 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2008
Source?
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by iceland(m): 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2008
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by iceland(m): 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2008
Am wondering what the guy wanted.Is it her puss*y or her head.His motive remains unknown.How wicked!!!
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by inquisitiv: 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2008
yes source please?
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by saintneo(m): 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2008
This really bad. I wish Nkiru a quick recovery

and Musibau eeeee, Should he rot in hell no? I think we should pray to god to change this man.
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by JJYOU: 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2008
it is like madness is the new headache now abi? i was shocked to read this stupidity yesterday
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by CYclone1(f): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2008
Move this story to crime abeg, ain't nothing romantic about it.
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by iceland(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2008
CY_clone:

Move this story to crime abeg, ain't nothing romantic about it.
It's not every romance that brings good news.I think tha man wanted the lady sexually/romantically but it turn out bloody
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by CYclone1(f): 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2008
I still think it's a crime story undecided
Re: How Hospital’s Security Guard Nearly Snuffed Life Out Of This Helpless Lady by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2008
Nkan Mbe!!!

Mewa nsele ni duniyan! shocked

This story is so touching embarassed

Because after undergoing so much torture she still lost her sista cry

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Pilgrim Arrested With Fake $22,000 In Saudi Arabia / Kidnappers Float Association Banner In Nsukka / Robbery Kingpins, Police Serial Killers Meet Waterloo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.