Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,004 members, 7,845,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Osun Decides 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Decides 2014 (771 Views)

Osun Decides:Pictures Of Aregbesola Campaign Tour Of Ejigbo / Osun Decides 2014: Obanikoro To Aregbosola Start Packing Your Bags Now / Osun Decides: Mammoth Crowd Welcome Omisore To Ede Community(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Decides 2014 by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:35am On Aug 01, 2014
In barely a week's time, the much talked about gubernatotial election in osun state will be coming up and the electorates are armed with their permanent voter's card just like a soldier armed for battle. It is worthy of note that there are 20 political parties who presented their candidates for the election but you and I know that it is a two-horse race between PDP's Dr Iyiola Omisore and APC' Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

It appears that the PDP will stop at nothing to clinch the government seat at Oshogbo basking in the euphoria of the success of Ekiti election which was in favour of PDP and the APC too are not resting on their oars and therefore not seated with folded arms. The popularity of the incumbent cannot be over-emphasised majorly due to his populist infrastructural turn-around of the state in about 4 years now. Well, that's not enough to win votes though(casting my mind to what happened in Ekiti) since there are other extraneous variables that could lead to the success or otherwise.

As 5000 SSS traversed the state yesterday, this had sent jitters to the electorates especially those who has te intention of wreaking havoc. Personally, ii believe the presence of military men will curtail the excesses of political thugs and ensure that the election is free and fear but alas, to my utter dismay, I found out that they are partisan. Earlier this morning a chieftain of PDP in the state told me that they were going to have a meeting with men of the sss and I was like what's that for?

Having said this much, I must at this juncture say that I don't belong to any political party and moreso, I'm not eligble to vote(as an INEC official) but I crave a free and fair election.

I pray to God almighty to nip any iota of violence in the bud even as the perpetrators conceive the idea in their minds.

INEC is conducting training of its officials to ensure the process goes smoothly and as free as it can be. There's a reason for INEC's decision to militarise the election, which is to properly handle the election devoid of rigging.
Re: Osun Decides 2014 by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 01, 2014
Let them militarise the election, that won't stop us from voting the candidate of our choice.

I'll just implore you as an INEC official to be vigilant, Unbias and make sure our vote count.
Re: Osun Decides 2014 by Femmyfamous4u(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
It is unfortunate that most people won't vote because INEC new electoral states that the polling officer should count those on the queue after accreditation and THEY ALONE should be those that will be allowed to vote. Hence, any1 who has been accredited in the morn and goes back home and as such can't make it to the polling booth as at the time the polling officer does the counting won't be allowed to vote.
Re: Osun Decides 2014 by supersonic(m): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
Femmyfamous4u: It is unfortunate that most people won't vote because INEC new electoral states that the polling officer should count those on the queue after accreditation and THEY ALONE should be those that will be allowed to vote. Hence, any1 who has been accredited in the morn and goes back home and as such can't make it to the polling booth as at the time the polling officer does the counting won't be allowed to vote.
INEC is being biased. Inec is in its own way disenfranchising the electorates thereby giving room for protest which might even leads to violence. The bottom line will then b chaos and there won't me free and fair election. I don't buy that idea at all. God will see them through.

(1) (Reply)

(photo) President Goodluck Jonathan Spotted Holding Meeting Without His Shoes / Ghana Records First Case Of Ebola! Burkinabe Man Dead On Arrival / Patrick Obahiagbo UNILAG Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.