Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,379 members, 7,954,540 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Its Time For The Revolution: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Time For The Revolution: (4977 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East / Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Reese1: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2008
A facebook group would be ideal for this as well.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2008
Reese1:

if you can then create one, let the whole movement be decentralised and not just me, create one and we will continue from nairaland, yahoogroups and facebook.

welcome to the revolution.

we have risen and will never go back.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by lucabrasi(m): 12:26am On Oct 18, 2008
whileyou guys have an awesome idea,remember using facebook is inviting interpol,fbi e.t.cwhoight mistake it for a terrorist groupor para millitary group of some sort,while the group is a good idea ill advice that the rethorics should be toned down
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by doyin13(m): 1:05am On Oct 18, 2008
LOL@post

This might be a truism worth having at the back of ur mind. . . .Planned revolutions often end up in the servitude of
the populace or otherwise are downright failures.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 1:15am On Oct 18, 2008
FBI can never mistake this for a para-military organisation or any such thing since our aims and modus operandi will be very clear and we will do everything in peace as for planned revolution ending up in failure, I think history will prove you wrong from the industrial revolution to the french revolution, and most recently the ukraine and geogian revolution, all these were planned by somemen and when the people caught the fire we all know what happened it was a massive success,

on a second thought facebook now may lead the bad leaders to start identifying and intimidating us, i advise we leave the facebook till much more later when we are formidable and well organised both in structure and strategy,

meanwhile like Ghandi said only in peace can a lasting change be acheived.

more suggestions please, do not give up

this is the begining
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by doyin13(m): 1:26am On Oct 18, 2008
well french revolution was succeeded by the dictatorship of Napoleon.

Industrial revolution. . . . .well it sure wasn't by commitee.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by bawomolo(m): 2:47am On Oct 18, 2008
this was funny at first until i realized you are really serious with it. you won't get far with a revolution fueled by the internet. ron paul was an internet sensation and you know the rest. anyway viva la revolucion cool
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by blackspade(m): 2:54am On Oct 18, 2008
I like your idea "inquisitive", it would really start a much needed movement for Najia. You should really keep this going, because I really believe if enough people are involved, we can really achieve change. The internet is just the beginning. cool

[center][img]http://www.happynovisad.co.yu/slike/Moda/vesti/revolution_fist.jpg[/img][/center]
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by pilgrim1(f): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2008
Reese1:

Brilliant idea. This revo may start small, encounter some problems, and people may get discouraged along the line. . . but this idea will not be dismissed easily.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by mrblack: 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2008
nigerians i know its hard and not that easy for revolution,but theres a way we can do ours,because i think we are the most educated and wise in the whole africa so why dont we do it by naija style?i mean murder those mafias involve one after the other if not believe it or not nigeria will never better,do you think those mafias can give up easily?e go better e go better lets stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by skywalk: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2008
I sign! Some folks here are suggesting violence, i say a CAPITAL NO to that. Lets use our brains instead. If u have ever been in any riot in 9ja, u will nt wish war on ur worst enemy.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2008
we agreed from the begining that violence is not an option, only vistories won by peace last long. We will rise but we unequivocally denounce violence.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by lucabrasi(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2008
apeaceful non violent rally just like mahtma ghandi's is the solution,remember the rich,politicians e.t.c are actually less than 10%(dont rememberwhere i got the stats from)
imagine if onli 10 million or even less marched against them talk less of the police rank and file who are suffering as well,the army rank and file e.t.c
one their wives and children are on board,and are in the fore front no army or police will dare shoot to kill their own families especially when they r suffering as well
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Seun(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2008
If you march against them, what do you achieve, really? The best you can do is get involved in politics and support the best candidates by voting or them, donating to their campaigns, creating public service ads for them, etc. Those of us who can't get involved in politics should just hope for the best.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by deor03(m): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2008
@ seun

Who told you that in present Nigeria, vote counts? The present polity need to be changed for all those impact could be felt through politics.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by doncaster(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2008
@poster

Its too late dedu, Ojukwu saw today more than 30 years ago but you guys played the sabo.
Go out and hussle for yourself and family before they shoot you enter gota.
As you make our bed so you lie on it.

Long Live Ojuks
Long live Nigeria situation of today.
Let the sufferring continues
Let the looting continues
Long live the Looters.
Long Live seun for deleting this post/Banning me.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by lucabrasi(m): 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2008
doncaster:

@poster

Its too late dedu, Ojukwu saw today more than 30 years ago but you guys played the sabo.
Go out and hussle for yourself and family before they shoot you enter gota.

typical nigerian response,no wonder a population of less than 14 million has continually oppressed 140smthn million people, like fela said policeman go whip dem yansh dem no go talk,army man go slap your face you go dey look like monkey
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by presido1: 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2008
lucabrasi:

typical nigerian response,no wonder a population of less than 14 million has continually oppressed 140smthn million people, like fela said policeman go whip them yansh them no go talk,army man go slap your face you go dey look like monkey
What do u expect? Ghannian or English responce?

Wake up bros.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by lucabrasi(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2008
presido1:

What do u expect? Ghannian or English responce?

Wake up bros.
presido1,president of biafra nation you r back again, so in your own opinion you agree with that response?if you do then why dont you do siddon look and not advocate for biafra?after all u agree with it
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Poster, why does it seem easier to continue to call for revolution of this kind, when we can simply act by simply making sure to vote and campaign for right candidates, get people around us to understand that they need to get up and go demand better lives from their governments and make sure their reps hear their voice and complaints every other day. Simply calling your reps to register your complaint and documenting that call would go a long way today. I mean we can make plans to do this and that tommorow, but what are we doing today?? Simply bombarding the senators with letters from constituents demanding change today will do more than we think.

I know it is the Nigerian norm to think that these things do not work but I disagree because from what I see, the reason that country continues to be in ruins is because the people have and continue to settle for less instead of demanding for better. 2 events that took place this year alone, prove this to be the case. Yar adua may be the sleeping president but he definitely reacts when the people demand he does. He did just that back in April of this year, and if that group continues to push him, he might actually get them a deal with that company. This is the power of the people at work here. Why not urge each citizen to get involved today
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2008
I have another plan here, let someone volunteer to head the media platform of this revolution, He or she will gather every contact possible from CNN, BBc, AIT and other powerful independent media, i suggest the person register for CNN ireport. the person should have some background or knowledge in media and journalism.
Volunteers should step forward and help us build the media platform for this movement

Meanwhile remember a life lived in fear is not worth being lived at all.

the only thing that will make YOU quit is the fear of failure but also remember that trying and failing is more honourable than failing to try, and most determined humans who have ventured on a mission in the end always emerge victorious

Nigeria is waiting for YOU.

spread the message

Group name: nigeriayouthrevolution
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nigeriayouthrevolution
Group email: nigeriayouthrevolution@yahoogroups.com
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by presido1: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2008
lucabrasi:

presido1,president of biafra nation you r back again, so in your own opinion you agree with that response?if you do then why don't you do siddon look and not advocate for biafra?after all u agree with it
Na today, i will remind you of this next 30 years may then your grand kids will be championing the struggle for revolution. If you succeed in your revolution who will take over? Oyibo or Nigerians?

Have you not heard that parents buy their kids laptop to start doing yahoo yahoo now in nigeria. We stinks right from the day they conceived us, the damage has been done for a long time now, revolution alone cannot solve our problem. What we need is NOITULOVER
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by lucabrasi(m): 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2008
even if it is as bad as that,keeping quiet will only make it go on longer and perpetuate the vicious circle,to show you that the government listens look at the incident of buying 80billion rice,they listened to the people.
on yar adua's sickness they listened to nigerians and he granted a press conference
on electricity both the presidency and house of reps have updated us on whats going on
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by presido1: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2008
lucabrasi:

even if it is as bad as that,keeping quiet will only make it go on longer and perpetuate the vicious circle,to show you that the government listens look at the incident of buying 80billion rice,they listened to the people.
on yar adua's sickness they listened to nigerians and he granted a press conference
on electricity both the presidency and house of reps have updated us on whats going on
Don't be suprise that the rice was shared among themselves.
Updated you on electricity? oboy you are shitting me.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2008
I have another plan here, let someone volunteer to head the media platform of this revolution, He or she will gather every contact possible from CNN, BBc, AIT and other powerful independent media, i suggest the person register for CNN ireport. the person should have some background or knowledge in media and journalism.
Volunteers should step forward and help us build the media platform for this movement

Meanwhile remember a life lived in fear is not worth being lived at all.

the only thing that will make YOU quit is the fear of failure but also remember that trying and failing is more honourable than failing to try, and most determined humans who have ventured on a mission in the end always emerge victorious

Nigeria is waiting for YOU.

spread the message

Group name: nigeriayouthrevolution
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nigeriayouthrevolution
Group email: nigeriayouthrevolution@yahoogroups.com

MORE SUGGESTIONS please
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by lucabrasi(m): 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
presido1:

Don't be suprise that the rice was shared among themselves.
Updated you on electricity? oboy you are shitting me.
even if it was shared amongst them,the fact remains that at a point,they listened to the voice of the people,when people started accusing the house of reps of collecting bribes to squash the report,didint they come out to state the facts?
while they have not completely owned up,it shows speaking together to condemn works,considering the present omplaints isnt sustained and fissle out after a couple of days,it will achieve more if it is sustained and much more organised, why dyu think the s.s.s arrested the owner of elendu reports if they dont care what the people think?
why dyu think yar adua/the presidency was worried about sahara reports
@inquisitiv
while its a worthwhile idea,i think you need to be very careful so as not to turn into any other one of the numerous pressure groups that rarely achieve much by choosing the right person,facebook ll open new vistas and a better chance of getting the kind of spokesperson ou are on about
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by blackspade(m): 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2008
Joined. grin
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Poster, have you searched yahoo to see the number of "revolutionary" groups out there in the name of making things right in Nigeria? I still think and believe that the best approach is to start today calling up your reps and making sure they understand that WE, the people, are no longer accepting their scraps. I believe that is the best way to effect change now, and change the mindset of the Nigerian government starting today.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by blackspade(m): 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2008
I also think having the Death Penalty for corrupt officials is another good way to start things off.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by lammie01: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2008
I Really think a social revelotion is the solution to corruption in Nigeria. All the past leaders who have embezzled and stand in the way of progress, development and social justice to our beloved nation should be exterminated to the abyss of extinction.

These bastards have ebezzeled so much and can buy their way through the system due to the abject and impecccable poverty they have forced on the society.

These idiots have started to put their children and wives to continue the monumental looting they are used to.

When we call for a revolution I think it should be a sort of revolution where these people's lives are wasted cos they have wasted millions of lives directly and indirectly. Without these imbeciles leaving the scene there cannot be any meaningful progress to the nation as they are and would constitute a stumbling block and impediment to true development.

The masses needs to rise up to this. Some people call for a peaceful revolution yes! in an ideal world this would be perfect but in a complicated country like nigeria this is almost in possible. However i am not calling for a revolution where the masses would suffer again far from this but a revelution where these bastards called past and present leaders would be made to pay for the crimes they have inflicted on our people.

How do we explain a nation where the same old politicians who ruled nigeria since the late sixties are still ruling and like FELA said the same old politician who spoilt Nigeria before. It is just recycling of garbage.

These people have billions and like in every society money talks!! Even in the US you need millions to win election this is one of the honest flaws of democracy.

How do we explain a situation where the people the masses vote for never win an election. If anyone still beleives the solution is voting for the right person the monumental disgrace called election last year is evidence that without these bastards wasting away they would always buy their way into power. They use force via the polic and soldiers so why shudnt the people use targeted force to let them go enjoy thier loot in their graves!!!

The masses have been waiting and patient for 40 yrs

When every peaceful negotiation or solution has been made impossible, then violence is inevitable!!!

I must emphasise again i am not talking of indiscriminate violence or riots but targeted soleley at these Selfish animals who dont care about the millions of nigerians sufferings
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by jaso1(m): 4:37pm On Oct 20, 2008
GREAT NAIRALANDER,
This is something that has been on reserved bench which anxiety could not abhor anymore but left for dexterity.
I'm solidly in support i think distribution of fliers can as well contribute a great impact if effectively manage.
If this country continue like this we are bounds to all menace as a ramification for our been silence. kudos to the initiator and others that have been giving emotional contribution. love yal.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by blacksta(m): 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2008
I am ready- I await instructions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must Read: Nasir El-rufai To Yar Adua, About His Refusal Of Nigeria Passport. / Tribalism Vs. Ethnocentrism - Is There A Difference? / ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.