Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now (70782 Views)

The Secrets And Riches In Storage Business / Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:37am On Aug 01, 2014
Before the Nairaland data loss i have wrote a small post regarding this business EGUSI STORAGE BUSINESS.

Its nothing but its just a kind of business were you buy egusi at cheap price during the harvest time (now ) at farm gate price directly from farmers through local purchase agent , then store the egusi for 2 to 3 months or more months for reselling at 100 to 300% profit.
The longer your store the higher the profit. Last year we invest in this business by buying size 29 bag of egusi at 12k and then resell at 28k by november same year while some sell same size of bag at 48k around march this year.

Current price of size 29 bag of egusi is now is 13k .Note agro produce price are not stable and egusi price might likely increase or decrease as the case maybe.

Why egusi storage business?
You dont need marketing. Yes buyers are always around to buy from you whenever you want to sell it.the demand is morethan the supply.
You buy at the egusi market, you store it at same market, buyer come to same market from different state and buy from you in same market.

You buy directly from local purchase agent whom charge you commission per bag. You will be incharge of your money.you will be there when the agent is making the purchase for you but its more profitable if you can release money to the agent to go into the remote area and make the purchase for at a very killer price .thats is my style.

You make the purchase, you store the egusi in the store and pay for the store fee, you walk away, when the price increase the agent wil alert you and you give order for the resel simple.

Location Lafia in Nasarawa state.

I will be updating this thread with the latest news of the market.

All question should be drop here.

Others commodities like maize.soya beans are yet to be in the market.

8 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Pavore9: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2014
l thought you said it is kogi state or am l mistaken?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dasanchez1(m): 11:14am On Aug 01, 2014
dav8id: Before the Nairaland data loss i have wrote a small post regarding this business EGUSI STORAGE BUSINESS.

Its nothing but its just a kind of business were you buy egusi at cheap price during the harvest time (now ) at farm gate price directly from farmers through local purchase agent , then store the egusi for 2 to 3 months or more months for reselling at 100 to 300% profit.
The longer your store the higher the profit. Last year we invest in this business by buying size 29 bag of egusi at 12k and then resell at 28k by november same year while some sell same size of bag at 48k around march this year.

Current price of size 29 bag of egusi is now is 13k .Note agro produce price are not stable and egusi price might likely increase or decrease as the case maybe.

Why egusi storage business?
You dont need marketing. Yes buyers are always around to buy from you whenever you want to sell it.the demand is morethan the supply.
You buy at the egusi market, you store it at same market, buyer come to same market from different state and buy from you in same market.

You buy directly from local purchase agent whom charge you commission per bag. You will be incharge of your money.you will be there when the agent is making the purchase for you but its more profitable if you can release money to the agent to go into the remote area and make the purchase for at a very killer price .thats is my style.

You make the purchase, you store the egusi in the store and pay for the store fee, you walk away, when the price increase the agent wil alert you and you give order for the resel simple.

Location Lafia in Nasarawa state.

I will be updating this thread with the latest news of the market.

All question should be drop here.

Others commodities like maize.soya beans are yet to be in the market.

For help call 07037781319
happy new month oga boss.do update me when the maize ie the bag is ready. Its sold at N8,500 here in Enugu(warehouse o) though its the old one nw. I normally buy the one from Mangu local govt,Taraba state. My supplier at the warehouse told me that the new one will be out in mid October. So when the maize is out,do inform me so that i will knw if i wil strike d deal with u. Thank you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:56am On Aug 01, 2014
Pavore9: l thought you said it is kogi state or am l mistaken?
Never mention kogi
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:56am On Aug 01, 2014
Pavore9: l thought you said it is kogi state or am l mistaken?
I Never mention kogi
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2014
dasanchez1: happy new month oga boss.do update me when the maize ie the bag is ready. Its sold at N8,500 here in Enugu(warehouse o) though its the old one nw. I normally buy the one from Mangu local govt,Taraba state. My supplier at the warehouse told me that the new one will be out in mid October. So when the maize is out,do inform me so that i will knw if i wil strike d deal with u. Thank you
Its true that show u into the business grin MANGU is another bomb of maize market.i guess red maize?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
the following market are your targeting location of Egusi storage business..

1, Ashangba market,
2, Asakyo market,
3,Agyeragu market,
4,Mada station market,
5, B.A.D market.

The first three above are just few driving away from lafia town.

Note. This month of august is the best timing to make your buying as i just got an insight info that only few farmer farm egusi this due to the eithnic crises that befall the villages around lafia. Act now.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Pavore9: 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
dav8id:
Never mention kogi
Okay. lf one buys, clean them up and have it ground & packaged in small packs, do you have an idea of its shelf life? ls there a better processing technique? Each bag weighs how many kilo?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pavore9: Okay. lf one buys, clean them up and have it ground & packaged in small packs, do you have an idea of its shelf life? ls there a better processing technique? Each bag weighs how many kilo?

Some 98kilo while some 100kilo. I never mention anything related to processing.what i do is what i have idea for.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
@All this is the right time for whoever interested in this business to start making purchase.
The local agents charge N300 to N500 per bag as commission depend on the number of bag you are buying
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Pavore9: 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
dav8id:

Some 98kilo while some 100kilo. I never mention anything related to processing.what i do is what i have idea for.
Noted.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dasanchez1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
dav8id:
Its true that show u into the business grin MANGU is another bomb of maize market.i guess red maize?
yea red maize. I normally buy 25 bags from my supplier in the warehouse in first week of December because its costly in January. There is money in Agricultural product. Please oga boss, can you help me on the ones from mangu. Thank you once again.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
dasanchez1: yea red maize. I normally buy 25 bags from my supplier in the warehouse in first week of December because its costly in January. There is money in Agricultural product. Please oga boss, can you help me on the ones from mangu. Thank you once again.

Ah it hav been long, i have no contact there now
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dasanchez1(m): 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
dav8id:

Ah it hav been long, i have no contact there now
Ok I understand. Thanks for everytin especially on that wristband u made 4 d guy. I really appreciate ur work. Thank u once more.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
storage biz is a gamble biz.pls, tell people all they need to know concerning this business.This biz is pure gambling.I don't know why you are pushing people.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
PURITYMYPRIDE: storage biz is a gamble biz.pls, tell people all they need to know concerning this business.This biz is pure gambling.I don't know why you are pushing people.
Help me tell them cuz i never knw what gambling mean cuz i'm not a gambler undecided

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
you want to use people to make money.storage is not a business.stop persuading people to gamble with their money.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by anienge001: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
PURITYMYPRIDE: storage biz is a gamble biz.pls, tell people all they need to know concerning this business.This biz is pure gambling.I don't know why you are pushing people.

Taking risk is equal to gambling and all businesses involve some form of risk taking. Any business person should understand the concept of 'due diligence'. If you have a point to make or expose this OP, please do. If you have information to guide people interested in this business, please volunteer the information and don't sound like someone in some emotional pains.

Nigerian youths need information to progress and better their lots.

11 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by rareman(m): 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pavore9: Noted.

@Pavore I understand what you mean by processing it, infact I have seen one packaged and branded in a nylon bag, the person was complaining of NAFDAC wahala but I don't know the process I mean how they preserve it for freshness for a long time

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Pavore9: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
@rareman, u get my flow. l was thinking about our soup condiments processed & one picking it off d shelf. l am still able to eat local soup here because someone in lagos bought & grounded dried cocoyam, uziza, egusi, ogbono for me. No pre-packaged!
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by stagger: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
PURITYMYPRIDE: you want to use people to make money.storage is not a business.stop persuading people to gamble with their money.

The biz is not about storage. Go and read about the story of Joseph and how Egypt became a Mecca to the world in time of famine.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jethro2: 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
I could get it across to you if you want it dried and grounded. I meant Egusi (Melon). The others you mentioned we did not have in our farm.
Pavore9: @rareman, u get my flow. l was thinking about our soup condiments processed & one picking it off d shelf. l am still able to eat local soup here because someone in lagos bought & grounded dried cocoyam, uziza, egusi, ogbono for me. No pre-packaged!
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jamp: 4:46am On Aug 02, 2014
My fellow farmers, is there a way of grinding and storing egwusi to last more than a month? Like someone mentioned above I want to package it so it can be picked on shelf.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Pavore9: 5:48am On Aug 02, 2014
jethro2: I could get it across to you if you want it dried and grounded. I meant Egusi (Melon). The others you mentioned we did not have in our farm.
Thanks l still have enough here. Just thinking abt the market possibilities.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Pavore9: 5:51am On Aug 02, 2014
jamp: My fellow farmers, is there a way of grinding and storing egwusi to last more than a month? Like someone mentioned above I want to package it so it can be picked on shelf.
ls high time we improve on things!
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 02, 2014
jamp: My fellow farmers, is there a way of grinding and storing egwusi to last more than a month? Like someone mentioned above I want to package it so it can be picked on shelf.

You mean Somethingh like this?

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jamp: 6:54am On Aug 02, 2014
agonbello: You mean Somethingh like this?
yes. Is that ur product
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 02, 2014
jamp:
yes. Is that ur product
No, not mine, the owner 1s advertised it to me. Un42nately, av lost his contact
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jethro2: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2014
Pavore9: Thanks l still have enough here. Just thinking abt the market possibilities.
Is there market for it over there? We might be able to work something out if the possibility is there. The group farmers that i work with plant melon in large quantity. We also peel and dry to preserve.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Pavore9: 7:24am On Aug 02, 2014
jethro2:
Is there market for it over there?We might be able to work something out if the possibility is there. The group farmers that i work with plant melon in large quantity. We also peel & dry to preserve.
l wil get back 2u.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 10:52am On Aug 02, 2014
anienge001:

Taking risk is equal to gambling and all businesses involve some form of risk taking. Any business person should understand the concept of 'due diligence'. If you have a point to make or expose this OP, please do. If you have information to guide people interested in this business, please volunteer the information and don't sound like someone in some emotional pains.

Nigerian youths need information to progress and better their lots.
help me lecture him abeg

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 10:59am On Aug 02, 2014
i put call acrose to one of the buyer that buy mine last year and ask for the processing process and he promised to send me the details later,let wait and see what he have to share with us.
I will update u guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.