Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

The Apete Bridge (A Case Of Misplaced Priority). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Apete Bridge (A Case Of Misplaced Priority). (857 Views)

Sule Lamido & Sons: A Clear Case Of Misplaced Judgement / Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! / Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Apete Bridge (A Case Of Misplaced Priority). by papindinho(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2014
I was still a student of The Polytechnic, Ibadan when the calamitous rain dismantled the Apete bridge in 2011. More than ten lives have been lost, the economy turned bad and the average apeterian wishes he never reside there. Up till now, the Oyo state government is dwindling on the re-construction of the bridge since 2011.

Being a fan of good governance and accountability, my expectation was , 'the bridge would have been constructed lately by mid-2012', but it was not to be. What happened? Could we say the Oyo state government is not sensitive to the need of its people? Could we say Apete bridge should come at the base of projects to be implemented in Oyo state? Could we say Apeterians offended the government? Could we say that the government finds no need to charge up the construction work? Many questions go begging for answers.

The Ajimobi's administration has done reasonably well to some extent but I see his administration dancing around a pit and soon to sink. The responsiveness of government to the people's need is the essence of true governance. The overhead bridge at Mokola wasn't a need, indeed, it was a want. A reasonable mind deems that a need be met prior to the fulfilment of a want. Thus, I won't be surprised if this weakness of the Ajimobi's administration is exploited by the people of Oyo state and that's tantamount to a null in possible re-election.
Re: The Apete Bridge (A Case Of Misplaced Priority). by Omexonomy: 11:56am On Aug 01, 2014
APC knows one fact that is whether they provide infastructures or not the oyo people in their delusion and mumuness will continue to vote for them.

1 Like

Re: The Apete Bridge (A Case Of Misplaced Priority). by papindinho(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
Omexonomy: APC knows one fact that is whether they provide infastructures or not the oyo people in their delusion and mumuness will continue to vote for them.

easy in your choice of words. I disagree with you on that stand that the people of Oyo state would vote for APC no. They vote for candidates.
Re: The Apete Bridge (A Case Of Misplaced Priority). by stevolinkon40: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
papindinho:

easy in your choice of words. I disagree with you on that stand that the people of Oyo state would vote for APC no. They vote for candidates.
Re: The Apete Bridge (A Case Of Misplaced Priority). by Edwardhead(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
i only came here

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Disrespect Goodluck Jonathan / Nobody Can Stop Jonathan In 2015 – Clark / Interview With The Executive Governor Of Ogun State Sen.ibikunle Amosun FCA. Pt1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.