Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? (1513 Views)

Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre / Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract / MKO Abiola: How He Died - Dr Ore Falomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2011
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, Wednesday, commissioned the N2.5 billion Falomo On–Ramp Bridge.
At the commissioning of the 115-metres long bridge, Fashola explained that the project, executed in collaboration with Lekki Concession Company, LCC, under a Public Private Partnership, was aimed at easing traffic gridlock in Lagos Island.
He said the project, which was constructed by LCC, was the first of such magnitude and specification to be built anywhere in the country.
Fashola said: ”This is a deliverable of the 30-year PPP in 2006, pursuant to which the company is already rehabilitating and upgrading approximately 50 kilometres of the Eti-Osa Lekki–Epe Expressway and will also construct 20 kilometres of the Coastal Road.

My question now is "Is this construction well planned and sited? Can this Bridge solve the traffic congestion along that road? Don't you think that the money used for this bridge would have been enough to construct the bridge across the water?"
Full story here<>http://philiponyia..com/2011/10/falomo-bridge-waste-of-money.html

Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by Arkhin(m): 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
Alarmists,conspiracy theorists! You guys have come again,always picking holes in someone else's noble efforts. It's obvious you don't use that road because if you do, you won't sit down here at raise such senseless issue. Get busy!
angry angry angry
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by blacksta(m): 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
Arkhin:

Alarmists,conspiracy theorists! You guys have come again,always picking holes in someone else's noble efforts. It's obvious you don't use that road because if you do, you won't sit down here at raise such senseless issue. Get busy!
angry angry angry

Dont mind the Eddioot  -

if you use that route  - one will note that it is going to be easier joining the bridge rather than go all the way to the traffic light near the Law school.
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by Demdem(m): 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2011
Good Job Fash !!! However pretty expensive.
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by jacobs123(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2011
The bridge is a waste if you ask me but I've been wrong so many times.
Let's wait 6 months maximum and we'ld all know if we just wasted 2.5bn.
We've waited so many years, 6 months is just around the corner, God willing.
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by EkoIle1: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
jacobs123:

What kind of sadists are you people?

People are praying for more development and you are just waiting to see destructing and even asking for god's help to help you see failure and destruction?

How bad is life and existence for you people? This is indeed a new low on NL.
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by PhysicsQED(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

What kind of sadists are you people?

People are praying for more development and you are just waiting to see destructing and even asking for god's help to help you see failure and destruction?

How bad is life and existence for you people? This is indeed a new low on NL.

grin

lmao
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by Bawss1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
Can someone put up a complete picture of this now infamous bridge. The People's Court will be requiring this as evidence. grin
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by PointB: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
Not a waste of money, rather a seemingly [size=16pt]classic case of embezzlement of tax-payers money, and letdown of people's trust and faith.[/size]

This is one project that should be scrutinized. Fashola has a lot of explaining to do!
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2011
As much as I appreciate the governor and his developmental strides, I still believe it is not inappropriate to ask for Value for Money in the execution of government projects. Yes, you may have constructed a road or bridge, or built a dam or drainage or school or hospital or anything, but AT WHAT COST? Is the cost of the construction reasonable? Will tax-payers derive value for the project that will be commensurate with the cost? These are also valid questions that the governor should answer.
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by gbolah1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2011
The bridge is not a waste of morning,since it as been commission,traffic had reduce drastically on ozumba, it is now affecting akin adesola,as people has to wait 4 traffic light before they cld move on,nevertheless I comment the government for such initiative
Re: Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? by idnole4(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2011
PointB:

Not a waste of money, rather a seemingly [size=16pt]classic case of embezzlement of tax-payers money, and letdown of people's trust and faith.[/size]

This is one project that should be scrutinized. Fashola has a lot of explaining to do!

jacobs123:

philippao:

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, Wednesday, commissioned the N2.5 billion Falomo On–Ramp Bridge.
At the commissioning of the 115-metres long bridge, Fashola explained that the project, executed in collaboration with Lekki Concession Company, LCC, under a Public Private Partnership, was aimed at easing traffic gridlock in Lagos Island.
He said the project, which was constructed by LCC, was the first of such magnitude and specification to be built anywhere in the country.
Fashola said: ”This is a deliverable of the 30-year PPP in 2006, pursuant to which the company is already rehabilitating and upgrading approximately 50 kilometres of the Eti-Osa Lekki–Epe Expressway and will also construct 20 kilometres of the Coastal Road.

My question now is "Is this construction well planned and sited? Can this Bridge solve the traffic congestion along that road? Don't you think that the money used for this bridge would have been enough to construct the bridge across the water?"
Full story here<>http://philiponyia..com/2011/10/falomo-bridge-waste-of-money.html

Why cant we just simply appreciate this man called Fashola, even if this bridge will only solve 5% of traffic problem in Lagos State, it still very much worth it. What has the federal government does for the state despite the fact that the state is the commercial nerve of Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! / A Journey To Asaba / Northern Governors’ Poor-mind Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.