Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Where Is Nigeria Heading? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Is Nigeria Heading? (368 Views)

How To Know A Topic Heading To The Front Page / Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? / Is Nigeria Really The Giant Of Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Nigeria Heading? by oluvick(m): 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
I know that this is nothing new. But please hearing this from a 3 years old girl makes me shudder.

I was on my way to the office in the morning when I saw buses lined up in the compound and many children (from 12 years downward) gathered. I asked questions as to what was happening and I was told that they were going for children conference, (it's Anglican children ministry programme). OK. Now, by the time I was returning from office, I saw the little girl standing with her parents and I went to her and asked her:

Me: "Treasure, why didn't you go for the children's conference?"

Treasure: "Because Boko Haram is there!"

I was shocked. We are not even in the North. We are here in the South - South.

The question now is, is this what are children will learn from or meet in this generation?

Please parents, is it possible to hide this things from our children?

God bless Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: FG Directs All Schools To Resume October 13 / At Least 10 Die As Boat Capsizes In Port Harcourt / We Pray To God Before Going To Rob – Armed Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.