Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever (16396 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre / Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Samueldo(m): 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ikeja – The Lagos State Government on Friday said two persons out of those who had contacts with Mr Patrick Sawyer, the dead Liberian Ebola victim had manifested symptoms of fever.
The Commissioner for Health, Dr Jide Idris, made the disclosure when he addressed newsmen on the update of the country`s first Ebola case in Ikeja.
Idris said the two persons were among the 70 contacts being monitored and investigated for any symptoms of the disease by the state government and other partners.
The commissioner, who said the two cases were under observation, however stressed that they did not test positive to the virus.
Idris said the state government would continue to monitor all contacts with the victims until the end of the 21 incubation day period of the virus.
“Our Rapid Response Team is currently tracking all contacts of persons exposed to the dead passenger with Ebola virus.
“The contract tracing team is following 70 contacts of the EVD case and linking them to clinical support when needed.
“Two suspect cases had fever, they are under observation and so far have tested negative to the virus.
“The monitoring of suspect cases will continue until the end of them period of 21 days from their exposure to the victim,’’ he said.
The commissioner said an emergency operation centre had been activated in Lagos ,by the state and its partners as part of efforts to check the threat of the virus.
He added that the Federal Government had stepped up measures to screen incoming passengers to Nigeria to identify any traveler with symptoms through, airport, seaport and border crossing.
Idris said a deceased body was recently brought to Nigeria from Liberia, explaining that the government was investigating if he died from Ebola.
The commissioner urged residents to collaborate with government in checking the Ebola threat in the country by reporting suspected case for government`s intervention.
While saying diseases thrived well in dirty environments ,Idris urged residents to maintain clean body and environment to reduce the risk of the virus.
Also speaking. Prof. Abdul Salim Nasidi of the National Disease Control Centre said noted that though disease had no cure ,it was treatable.
He warned members of the public against emphasizing that the virus had not cure,saying it might discourage those with suspected cases from accessing treatment.
While saying the Federal Government was doing everything to check the threat of the disease,Nasidi urged citizens not to panic as no fresh case had been discovered yet in the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-lagos-govt-confirms-2-contact-dead-victim-fever/ (UC Browser)

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Firefire(m): 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
They shall be healed.

Ebola, you are a failure.

38 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by tit(f): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
If na you come near this ebola wahalla, you no go get fever?
the fear alone fit make me piss for skirt,
I live thousands of miles away but I too have developed fever.
All my barracks people!

No weapon fashioned against you us shall prosper!

33 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Samueldo(m): 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
I pray It's ordinary fever

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by thunderrider: 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
I fear fear
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by oduastates: 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ebola is going on the rampage.
No two ways about it.
With the congestion ,lack of sanitation and poor health facilities, the only thing we can do is hold our breathe

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Hourglass4real: 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
God! who knows the kind of mental torture they are all passing through at the moment. Who wldnt develop fever in a situation like that and to think it will take abt 3wks to really be sure they r not infected wit d deadly disease!

Please God help them all...

14 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by EMMASON125: 11:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
tit: If na you come near this ebola wahalla, you no go get fever?
the fear alone fit make me piss for skirt,
Hope u wear pants....
Btw, why woman this days no de wear white pants again?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Chanchit: 1:42am On Aug 02, 2014
No dull your sef o...

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Hadone(m): 2:02am On Aug 02, 2014
HOW I WISH BOKOHARAM COULD BE GIVEN HALF ATTENTION AS TO THIS EBELE VIRUS?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Ezyp(m): 3:40am On Aug 02, 2014
The fear alone fit cause fever

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by shadowwalker101: 4:03am On Aug 02, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
thank God it is not ebola
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by sirjohnson(m): 4:05am On Aug 02, 2014
Very bad news. Meanwhile the U.S govt has ordered its citizens infected with the virus to be flown back home today. Read it here: www.m04yousor

Are you sure this thing wont finish half of the world's population in 5 years if the cure is not found?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Aromas: 4:06am On Aug 02, 2014
Hadone: HOW I WISH BOKOHARAM COULD BE GIVEN HALF ATTENTION AS TO THIS EBELE VIRUS?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by tonididdy(m): 4:09am On Aug 02, 2014
Fever ke

Quarantine those beings jor...na so e dey start.
BTW why this thing just jump from liberia to Naija...e no even branch for togo or ghana...

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by mstik(f): 4:09am On Aug 02, 2014
Hope they're not trying to cover anything up...
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by radiorebel(m): 4:13am On Aug 02, 2014
mstik: Hope they're not trying to cover anything up...
You ar ryt.....dix Govmnt ar doin wayo 4 us wo...

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by tonididdy(m): 4:14am On Aug 02, 2014
[size=88pt]ebola[/size]btw why no news on jim iyke yet?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by tolu4you: 4:15am On Aug 02, 2014
I don develop fever coz of fear of ebola.. I dnt blame those people coz d fear alone can kill person. God plz help us
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by LMAyedun(m): 4:23am On Aug 02, 2014
They shouldn't start politalizing this Ebola issue... They better conduct the tests well and not cover up issues.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by ceejay80s(m): 4:26am On Aug 02, 2014
The new zombie movie!!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by CharlieMaria(m): 4:33am On Aug 02, 2014
They should start treating them now oo. shocked
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Otunbab: 4:36am On Aug 02, 2014
Oh Boi, make e no dey 9ja ooo
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Sijo01(f): 4:46am On Aug 02, 2014
Ebola carry ya load and go in Jesus name, amen.

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Sijo01(f): 4:48am On Aug 02, 2014
Hadone: HOW I WISH BOKOHARAM COULD BE GIVEN HALF ATTENTION AS TO THIS EBELE VIRUS?

Is this suppose to be a question?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 02, 2014
CharlieMaria: They should start treating them now oo. shocked

treat them with what?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Samgreguc(m): 4:55am On Aug 02, 2014
Of cos some wil have fever over psychological issue.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by chelseabmw(m): 4:57am On Aug 02, 2014
How person wan k come 9ja come enjoy himself now lipsrsealed make I just stay here for now atleast no bush meat or ebola here grin
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by Nobody: 5:16am On Aug 02, 2014
Govt might be covering em up,they might be affected or being a carrier,if they could keep the 2 fever/Ebola patient under strict and effective quarantine with medical help....this kinda situation needs good managing skills by expertise,you don't just tell 170 million people their health security is not guarantee,when you can possibly keep everything under check and make things right....telling us the Virus is here might cause a lot of kasala...the virus is already a looser here in nija,though it got it's fame,but ll have no patient ijn..

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever by MrRhymes101(m): 5:18am On Aug 02, 2014
thank God o!!! at least my friends will now agree to shake hands with me.....i no know y they the suspect me since

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Lipton Tea Helps To Lose Weight / Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa / Traders Raise Concern Over Mentally Ill Persons In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.