Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" (1563 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
"To the Jew first".

We see this in Romans. I used to wonder what all that is about, when I was a modern day christian. You know, with some knowledge but no understanding of scripture, because I never used the old testament to back up my interpretations.

Now I know.

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

Romans 2:10 "But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile"

At this point, I'm sure you're coming up with your own reasoning. STOP THAT.
All new testament writings (as that is all they are, writings), are based upon Old Testament SCRIPTURE (because that is the word of the Most High)

So let us get understanding.

Zechariah 7:12 "The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah."

The glory of Judah is her sister/brother, the Northern Kingdom (sometimes referred to as the head tribe of that Kingdom, Ephraim).

Isaiah 11:13 "The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim."

Now you see.
So, you should then understand that, as a gentile is anyone that is not a Jew, this term can also be used for northern Israel.

Romans 2:10 "But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile"

Now you know this verse is not talking about other nations, but Ephraim. God has never death with the heathen as a collective, nor will he.

Shalom
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
wtf

1 Like

Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 7:47am On Aug 02, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: wtf

what do you not understand
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2014
JesusisLord85:

what do you not understand

Anything.

1 Like

Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by chozkiel(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2014
are u jealous? tongue
because de re Gods chosen pple take it or liv it
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 8:55am On Aug 02, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Anything.

After reading your post history, that does not surprise me.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2014
chozkiel: are u jealous? tongue

My post is not against Judah. We, yoruba's are remnants of the tribe of Judah. Take that or leave it.

The white ones you see in Israel today, can you prove they are the sons of Jacob?
I'll wait. Do they match the prophecies of the the prophets?
Do the blessings and curses of Deuteronomy match them?..Given we know Israel and judah transgressed, we know what should pursue them until the Messiah returns.. This does not match the ones you see in the land. These are none other than Edomites masquerading.

You would not know because you probably have your head stuck in Paul's writings, without the foundation.

Ezekiel 36:5 “Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Surely in the fire of my jealousy have I spoken against the residue of the heathen, and against all Idumea, which have appointed my land into their possession with the joy of all their heart, with despiteful minds, to cast it out for a prey.

Idumea is Edom, aka childen of Esau.

This is why Jesus said in Luke 21:24 “…and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Shalom
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by TheBigUrban2: 9:09am On Aug 02, 2014
chozkiel: are u jealous? tongue

See slave.....jewish slave undecided

Shouldnt you be saying that God created all men equally?

See why religion is mostly nonsense?

3 Likes

Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Malachi 1:3 "And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

Romans 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

In other words, I loved Israel, and hated Edom.
So you are wrong. God is the God of Israel. What is my concern with the heathen. Get that world view out your mind.

Shalom
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by TheBigUrban2: 9:25am On Aug 02, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Malachi 1:3 "And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

Romans 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

In other words, I loved Israel, and hated Edom.
So you are wrong. God is the God of Israel. What is my concern with the heathen. Get that world view out your mind.

Shalom

So God didnt create all men equally?

Good to know,

Anony. joshthefirst, ihedinobi2

1 Like

Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

So God didnt create all men equally?

Good to know,

Anony. joshthefirst, ihedinobi2

You can read can't you.

Zephaniah 2:11 "The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his place, even all the isles of the heathen."

Read Isaiah 60. Here are some verses if you can't be bothered

verse 10: And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.
verse 12: For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

verse 14: "The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel."

Better you understand that. We are a royal priesthood. Blessed beyond measure.

Shalom
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by TheBigUrban2: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2014
JesusisLord85:

You can read can't you.

Zephaniah 2:11 "The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his place, even all the isles of the heathen."

Read Isaiah 60. Here are some verses if you can't be bothered

verse 10: And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.
verse 12: For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

verse 14: "The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel."

Better you understand that. We are a royal priesthood. Blessed beyond measure.

Shalom

You just explained nothing.

Throwing random bible verses anyhow doesnt help your case

1 Like

Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by chozkiel(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
angry angry
TheBigUrban2:

sad
TheBigUrban2:

wat do u min?
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You just explained nothing.

Throwing random bible verses anyhow doesnt help your case

reprobate mind. If not careful, ye shall be part of the two thirds.

Zechariah 13

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by Weah96: 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
JesusisLord85:

My post is not against Judah. We, yoruba's are remnants of the tribe of Judah. Take that or leave it

I've counted at least 6 distinct types of deities named Jesus just by reading the comments of NL Christians. Yours is a black person, I presume, and he looks like the Robert Downing character from Tropic Thunder. If you're praying to that one, and receiving blessings, who is this other white Jesus performing the rest of the miracles?
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Weah96:

I've counted at least 6 distinct types of deities named Jesus just by reading the comments of NL Christians. Yours is a black person, I presume, and he looks like the Robert Downing character from Tropic Thunder. If you're praying to that one, and receiving blessings, who is this other white Jesus performing the rest of the miracles?

2 Thessalonians 2:4-12

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by Weah96: 5:21am On Aug 05, 2014
JesusisLord85:

2 Thessalonians 2:4-12

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even

If the black Jesus is answering you, who is this other white Jesus that the rest of the Christians are talking to daily? Are you going to quote another set of scriptures?
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
Weah96:

If the black Jesus is answering you, who is this other white Jesus that the rest of the Christians are talking to daily? Are you going to quote another set of scriptures?

I pray to the Most High God. People ask for things in the name of Yahshua. I cannot see where in the bible we are asked to pray directly to Jesus. Lol I laughed in church when they would play some soft organ music to create a mood and some fat lady on stage will start humming saying "talk to Jesus". Where did we get that madness from?

He is the image of Caesar Borgia. The image set up that all nations were given to worship, in place of the Most High. That is Christianity. If you expecting a guy with horns to appear one day and shout "worship this Facebook picture", you are in for a rude awakening, by which time, it will be too late.

Shalom
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by Weah96: 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
JesusisLord85:

I pray to the Most High God. People ask for things in the name of Yahshua. I cannot see where in the bible we are asked to pray directly to Jesus. Lol I laughed in church when they would play some soft organ music to create a mood and some fat lady on stage will start humming saying "talk to Jesus". Where did we get that madness from?

He is the image of Caesar Borgia. The image set up that all nations were given to worship, in place of the Most High. That is Christianity. If you expecting a guy with horns to appear one day and shout "worship this Facebook picture", you are in for a rude awakening, by which time, it will be too late.

Shalom

So you have your own Jesus who is a black person? And yet others are receiving miracles from the white Jesus. It is true what they say, that if you hang around this floating space rock long enough, you will get to see it all. grin
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
Weah96:

So you have your own Jesus who is a black person? And yet others are receiving miracles from the white Jesus. It is true what they say, that if you hang around this floating space rock long enough, you will get to see it all. grin

Olodo have ye read your bible?
Job 30:30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.

Son 1:5 [King Solomon:] I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. Son 1:6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me:

Jer 14:2 Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.

Lam 4:8 Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets:

Lam 5:10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger [aka Nigger]…

Act 21:38 Art not thou that Egyptian
Act 21:39 But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus

Rev 1:14 [Christ’s] head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow…
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace

The Zondervan Bible Dictionary defines Ham as: the "progenitor of the dark races (i.e. Africans), not the Negros". The “Negros” are not African; they are Semites. They are the Jews who inhabited Israel until being chased into Africa by the Romans after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. The Jews fleeing into Africa is prophesied by Christ in Mt 24, Mk 13, and Lk 21.

Esau (Edom/Idumia) is the father of the Roman Empire.

Shalom
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by Weah96: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Olodo have ye read your bible?
Job 30:30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.

The first bolded phrase is indicating a natural physiological response to heat which is independent of congenital skin pigmentation. An Oyinbo turns black after his body abruptly absorbs a massive amount of energy too.
Have you spoken to any Christian about this idea? They are praying, and receiving miracles, from the other white Jesus.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Weah96:

The first bolded phrase is indicating a natural physiological response to heat which is independent of congenital skin pigmentation. An Oyinbo turns black after his body abruptly absorbs a massive amount of energy too.
Have you spoken to any Christian about this idea? They are praying, and receiving miracles, from the other white Jesus.

That's funny, all those oil workers in Nigeria come pale, and turn RED after some time here. Never seen a white man turn my complexion. Let me know when you find one.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
Weah96:

Which dirty miracle? over 50% of those so-called miracles are fake. The rest are probably using black magic.
What is my own with them. Did not Pharoes guys perform 'miracles' too
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by Weah96: 5:12am On Aug 07, 2014
JesusisLord85:

That's funny, all those oil workers in Nigeria come pale, and turn RED after some time here. Never seen a white man turn my complexion. Let me know when you find one.

Caucasians don't turn red after a protracted period of exposure to UV radiation.They turn brown or black, but not the good kind.

Redness is a temporary response to heat, the blood vessels dilate, and you see the blood through their skin. So whenever you see a red Caucasian in Africa, he's only hot as f)ck.

On the other hand, sunlight causes direct dna damage and the human body naturally protects itself by stimulating the production of melanin. Melanin itself, as a molecule, uses absorbed sunlight for its own purpose, the side effect being ordinary sweat.

After a prolonged exposure to sunlight, there is a 99 percent chance that a Caucasian will incur some DNA damage. Some of these damages are non deleterious, and nothing hapens. Others are deadly, so their bodies react by producing melanin anyway, as soon as s)hit starts to happen. Are you a science fiction fan? Melanin is the equivalent of a force field protecting the human DNA from solar radiation, a glistering black force field, which doesn't reflect the light, but absorbs all of it! What it does with the absorbed light, I don't know. But we know that the process generates sweat as a byproduct.

Unfortunately, this also means that Africans must obtain their required amounts of vitamin D by means of their daily nutrition. The force field doesn't take the chance of allowing any sunlight to reach the proteins.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
Weah96:

Caucasians don't turn red after a protracted period of exposure to UV radiation.They turn brown or black, but not the good kind.

Redness is a temporary response to heat, the blood vessels dilate, and you see the blood through their skin. So whenever you see a red Caucasian in Africa, he's only hot as f)ck.

On the other hand, sunlight causes direct dna damage and the human body naturally protects itself by stimulating the production of melanin. Melanin itself, as a molecule, uses absorbed sunlight for its own purpose, the side effect being ordinary sweat.

After a prolonged exposure to sunlight, there is a 99 percent chance that a Caucasian will incur some DNA damage. Some of these damages are non deleterious, and nothing hapens. Others are deadly, so their bodies react by producing melanin anyway, as soon as s)hit starts to happen. Are you a science fiction fan? Melanin is the equivalent of a force field protecting the human DNA from solar radiation, a glistering black force field, which doesn't reflect the light, but absorbs all of it! What it does with the absorbed light, I don't know. But we know that the process generates sweat as a byproduct.

Unfortunately, this also means that Africans must obtain their required amounts of vitamin D by means of their daily nutrition. The force field doesn't take the chance of allowing any sunlight to reach the proteins.

lol ok. so Job;s ordeal lasted years decades abi.
Job was a black man. simples. you ignore all the other scriptures, instead trying to prove a white man turned black after some sun exposure. hilarious
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by Weah96: 4:46am On Aug 08, 2014
JesusisLord85:

lol ok. so Job;s ordeal lasted years decades abi.
Job was a black man. simples. you ignore all the other scriptures, instead trying to prove a white man turned black after some sun exposure. hilarious

I don't believe in scriptures. I also don't consider too highly the authority of a figure who requires that I simply accept the word of another human being without first implementing an objective measure of validation.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by shdemidemi(m): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2014
It says to the Jew first because they are the natural branch of the Holy root. They refused to believe Christ as the way to obtain God's righteousness, so they were cut off from the tree. Their unbelief gave me, a gentile, the grace to be engrafted on the olive tree and partake of the root and fatness.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
shdemidemi: It says to the Jew first because they are the natural branch of the Holy root. They refused to believe Christ as the way to obtain God's righteousness, so they were cut off from the tree. Their unbelief gave me, a gentile, the grace to be engrafted on the olive tree and partake of the root and fatness.

Yes, the shdemidemi version sounds nice. But I'll stick with a true prophet:

Zechariah 7:12 "The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah."

Should you not be saying gentile in past tense?

Remember, 'ye, who were in times past gentiles.."

Anyway, I have good news for you, if you are a negro of west africa (Yoruba, Ewe, Igbo, Ashanti), you are, with 99% chance, an Israelite.
And of course, this extends to our brothers show were taken to the americas as slaves.

I don't know about some other tribes, I have only researched my own.

Shalom
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by shdemidemi(m): 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Yes, the shdemidemi version sounds nice. But I'll stick with a true prophet:

Should you not be saying gentile in past tense?

Remember, 'ye, who were in times past gentiles.."

Anyway, I have good news for you, if you are a negro of west africa (Yoruba, Ewe, Igbo, Ashanti), you are, with 99% chance, an Israelite.
And of course, this extends to our brothers show were taken to the americas as slaves.

I don't know about some other tribes, I have only researched my own.

Shalom

Alawada ni bobo yi mehn grin
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Weah96:

I don't believe in scriptures. I also don't consider too highly the authority of a figure who requires that I simply accept the word of another human being without first implementing an objective measure of validation.

He spoke to your fathers, they saw his glory and splendour. They even heard is servant Moses, and still they transgressed His commandments. Therefore he punished our people.
Seek the scriptures and call out to the Most High, despise sin, and believe in the Messiah, who God sent to bring us back into covenant with Him.
John 10:27-28
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Shalom
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by Weah96: 10:45am On Aug 09, 2014
JesusisLord85:

He spoke to your fathers, they saw his glory and splendour.

Shalom

Great, that's good news. Now, unless something terrible happened to his tongue, I demand the same demonstration.
Re: Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" by JesusisLord85: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Weah96:

Great, that's good news. Now, unless something terrible happened to his tongue, I demand the same demonstration.

Lol. Who are you? Have you proved yourself a righteous man? For we know "God heareth not sinners".

(1) (2) (Reply)

The True Meaning Of The Word "Born Again" / Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? / Mob Beats Mentally Ill Woman To Death For Burning The Koran In Afghanistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.