Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,068 members, 7,956,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:45 AM

Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? (1612 Views)

ALL Pentecostals Should Read This / Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by italo: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Many Protestants/Pentecostals have long maligned the Pope in many ways. They call him the antichrist.

The funny thing is the alarming speed with which the hurry to the Vatican to discuss, pray, eat and even take selfies with the Pope...at the slightest invitation. http://www.trunews.com/trunews-exclusive-pope-francis-meets-evangelical-delegation/
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/44555-why-did-copeland-robison-meet-with-pope-francis
Why are they doing all these with someone they call "antichrist?"

Could it be that they are just maligning him out of jealousy?

Aren't they just hypocrites?

Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by plaetton: 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
It's just the normal jealousies and competition for market share.
No doubts, Pope Francis is restoring respect and confidence in the motherchurch.
As such, the Catholic church is slightly gaining market share.
This is terrifying the evangelicals, whose very vacuous philosophies cannot stand the test of humble, critical introspection that the pope is foisting on Christendom.

3 Likes

Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by lanxlot(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
no 1 wud want to argue with d chief ITALO dix hot aftanun. grin
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by lanxlot(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
plaetton:
No doubts, Pope Francis is restoring respect and confidence in the motherchurch.
This is terrifying the evangelicals, whose very vacuous philosophies cannot stand the test of humble, critical introspection that the pope is foisting on Christendom.
bia, what do u mean by MARKET SHARE?
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by lanxlot(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
Evil ke? a bad tree cannot produce gud fruits.

1 Like

Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by paulGrundy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
plaetton:

You are not a christain you don't know anything about christainity. I would rather you shut up and let the targeted people answer the question.
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by paulGrundy(m): 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
italo:
Many Protestants/Pentecostals have long maligned the Pope in many ways. They call him the antichrist.

The funny thing is the alarming speed with which the hurry to the Vatican to discuss, pray, eat and even take selfies with the Pope...at the slightest invitation. http://www.trunews.com/trunews-exclusive-pope-francis-meets-evangelical-delegation/
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/44555-why-did-copeland-robison-meet-with-pope-francis

You are reading a wrong interpretation into what you saw. Remember not all protestants criticisize catholics. What you saw was a gathering of charismatic christain leaders. They believe that God is in every christain denomination irrespective of their biblical interpretation or church traditions. (Particularly those from word of faith movement). It may also interest you that I also share the same views with them smiley. I would love to be reffered to as a charismatic ecumenist.

These leaders were at the vatican for a conference aimed at breaking down divisive walls between Catholic Charismatics and Pentecostals.

To learn more google catholic charismatic, david duplesis, Ecumenism.
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by paulGrundy(m): 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2014
plaetton:

Its not about infusing catholic traditions on protestants its about Ecumenism. smiley
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by plaetton: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2014
paulGrundy:

You are not a christain you don't know anything about christainity. I would rather you shut up and let the targeted people answer the question.
Actually sir
You are the one who knows nearly zero about Christianity.

I urge you to desist from trying to shut up anyone on this online forum.

Bullies like you are usually empty cowards.
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by paulGrundy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
plaetton:

Actually sir
You are the one who knows nearly zero about Christianity.

I urge you to desist from trying to shut up anyone on this online forum.

Bullies like you are usually empty cowards.

I can see that you are so keen on derailing this beautiful thread, I would just ignore you and provide answers to the honest hearted ones.

Black kettle calling pot black.
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by paulGrundy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
italo:

Wow!! This is beautiful. How I wished the picture included major leaders of the protestant denomination. E.g Anglican, methodist and co smiley

I believe we are at the verge of attaining the unity of faith. smiley
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by plaetton: 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
paulGrundy:

I can see that you are so keen on derailing this beautiful thread, I would just ignore you and provide answers to the honest hearted ones.

Black kettle calling pot black.
I am not derailing anything. I simply offered my opinions, just like everyone else is expected to do.
It is you braindead bast.hard that decided to abandon the topic to attack me.

I can sympathize that a non believer like me makes you recognize the emptiness of your character and soul.
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by jnrbayano(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
Following
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by Jennydoris(f): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
jnrbayano:
Following

Right behind you.
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by italo: 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
paulGrundy:

You are reading a wrong interpretation into what you saw. Remember not all protestants criticisize catholics. What you saw was a gathering of charismatic christain leaders. They believe that God is in every christain denomination irrespective of their biblical interpretation or church traditions. (Particularly those from word of faith movement). It may also interest you that I also share the same views with them smiley. I would love to be reffered to as a charismatic ecumenist.
These leaders were at the vatican for a conference aimed at breaking down divisive walls between Catholic Charismatics and Pentecostals.
To learn more google catholic charismatic, david duplesis, Ecumenism.

So the ones that call the Pope "antichrist" are Protestants/Pentecostals but not "charismatic?"

Anyway, in the whole news article, nowhere is the word "charismatic" used to differentiate them from others.
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by paulGrundy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
italo:

So the ones that call the Pope "antichrist" are Protestants/Pentecostals but not "charismatic?"

Anyway, in the whole news article, nowhere is the word "charismatic" used to differentiate them from others.

The bolded is a complex question, let me break it down, not all protestants/pentecostals call the pope anti-christ. The pastors you saw on that picture are more open to other christain denominations. If not they wouldn't have attended the meeting with him.

Check out this wikipeadia article.

While early Pentecostals were often marginalized within the larger Christian community, Pentecostal beliefs began penetrating the mainline Protestant denominations from 1960 onward and the Catholic Church from 1967.[6] This adoption of Pentecostal beliefs by those in the historic churches became known as the charismatic movement. Charismatics are defined as Christians who share with Pentecostals an emphasis on the gifts of the Spirit but who [size=21pt]remain a part of a mainline church[/size]. Also, charismatics are more likely than Pentecostals to believe that glossolalia is not a necessary evidence of Spirit baptism.[5]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charismatic_Christianity
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by SalC: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
Don't mind them, they only think tagging the pope anti-christ will make them look like better christians.
Re: Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not? by lanrywatt(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
I smh time will tell if he is evil or not but I tell u a mystery wen he reveal himself u go know, it might be someone else sha

(1) (Reply)

United State Of America To Have The First Sharia Court In Texas / TB Joshua Makes Headlines In Ghana / An Invitation To Sing HU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.