Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail (1062 Views)

Nigeria Wins Women's 4x400m Gold At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 1:38am On Aug 02, 2014
Is it that the Athletics Federation of Nigeria officials do not want to learn or simply they are just a plan- less bunch? The IAAF world junior championships ended last Sunday in Eugene, Oregon USA with Divine Oduduru winning 200m silver; sparing the country the embarrassment of not winning a single medal just like the last edition 2012 in Barcelona Spain.

The team that went to Oregon, paraded some of the best juniors that Nigeria has ever produced in recent times and from all indications, these youngsters were poised to make a name for themselves and bring glory to their country, but it was a pity they weren’t well managed to achieve their true potentials.

The athletes had relatively good preparations as they camped in Sapele, Delta State for up to three months and they were hopefully looking forward to doing well in the USA, but their dreams soon fizzled out when traveling arrangements was almost bungled. This affected their performances.

A case in point was that of Ese Brume, who had a leading performance of 6.68m going to the championships. But she only arrived a day to her event and of course being an athlete who easily loses her concentration, she failed to progress to the final of the women long jump as she stumbled with a 5.18m jump in the qualifiers.

Others like Kehinde Olubodun, Bashiru Abdullahi practically collapsed in the men’s 100m and 110m hurdles respectively. Samson Oghenewegba Nathaniel and Asekunle Rilwan Fasasi failed to find their level in the 400m. While these were going on in Day one and two of the championships, Akerele Omezia and Tega Odele who were supposed to run the 400m and 200m respectively, were still in Lagos battling to catch their flights having obtained visas late.

“We planned to fail at the World juniors, the AFN messed up,” said an athletics coach who pleaded for anonymity.

“It was only 12 days to go that they started the visa procurement process. When actually they have been in camp for three months.

“All the team members could not get their visas at once because some of them were not even informed that they were needed at the embassy for interview.

“Things were so messed up and it was a harrowing experience for the athletes. An athlete like Oluwa Tobiloba, despite the fact that her mum had to pay the visa fee did not eventually make the trip and she was our brightest hope for a medal in the hurdles. This was a girl who did a 13.8 run in Calabar during the trials.

“Omezia and Odele arrived late and this was why we couldn’t win any medal in the relays. In the women’s 4x400m, the coaches even had to field an athlete that was not fit,” said the coach.

He absolved his colleagues, who accompanied the athletes to the tournament of any blame.

“As I am talking to you, some of the coaches who were in camp with the athletes in Sapele have not been paid their allowances.

“Even when they were in camp, the athletes were left on their own. There was no transportation for them to the venue. If not for Solomon Aliu, who made his bus available and Olu Sule, who provided finance for some of their basic needs, I don’t know what would have become of the exercise.”

He said that Nigerian athletics officials must attach much importance to the junior programme since it was the bedrock of any development that will be embarked upon in the future.

In 2012, the Nigerian juniors were subjected to ridicule at the Spanish embassy in Lagos as athletics officials in part failed to make necessary arrangements on time. This was besides the fact that some individuals with connections to officials of the embassy wrote a derogatory letter casting aspersions on the Nigerian team. Some of the athletes were given visas and others who were the better legs were denied.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/world-juniors-fall-athletics-officials-planned-fail/
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 1:39am On Aug 02, 2014
Aaaayyy!

Hurray!

At least, we don try. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They tried! grin grin grin grin grin grin

We are better than Togo! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Moronic nation, moronic people! grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nobody cares about a silly re_tard.. grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
Sagamite, have you learned that population is not the only determinant of a city?
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
iconize: Sagamite, have you learned that population is not the only determinant of a city?

No, person, I am waiting for you to give me that your cretinous definition of what a city is that is different from what intelligent people say it is.

Now, person, tell us! grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 11:19am On Aug 23, 2014
Sagamite:

No, person, I am waiting for you to give me that your cretinous definition of what a city is that is different from what intelligent people say it is.

Now, person, tell us! grin

My problem with you is that you always wanna claim a clever d_ick even when you're completely wrong..

You call a place with no electricity, modern infrastructures, portable water, good roads, etc a city just because of its population...

What kinda moro_nic logic is that?

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 11:28am On Aug 23, 2014
iconize:

My problem with you is that you always wanna claim a clever d_ick even when you're completely wrong..

You call a place with no electricity, modern infrastructures, portable water, good roads, etc a city just because of its population...

What kinda moro_nic logic is that?

You are a cretinous person!

In the moronic education system that produced you, your moronic arsse was taught to say someone is wrong by merely stating it? grin grin grin grin grin

Fagggot person, prove that I was wrong by defining a city and stop running like a pusssy. I would start thinking you are the biatch in your relationship with All4naija if you keep on running. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2014
Sagamite:

In the moronic education system that produced you, your moronic arsse was taught to say someone is wrong by merely stating it? grin grin grin grin grin

Fagggot person, prove that I was wrong by defining a city and stop running like a pusssy. I would start thinking you are the biatch in your relationship with All4naija if you keep on running. grin grin grin grin grin

You're an odious offspring of a mad woman with gorilla brains, hence the dumbness...

Start by listing the determinants of a city...

What an incestuous dunce with lemeon coloured pee for brains...

You're brother and son to one man. grin grin grin grin grin

It sucks to be you... grin

3 Likes

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
iconize:

You're an odious offspring of a mad woman with gorilla brains, hence the dumbness...

Start by listing the determinants of a city...

What an incestuous dunce with lemeon coloured pee for brains...

You're brother and son to one man. grin grin grin grin grin

It sucks to be you... grin

So you are not ashamed that your mother is a mad woman with gorilla brains and your brother is your father? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sagamite:

So you are not ashamed that your mother is a mad woman with gorilla brains and your brother is your father? grin grin grin grin

I've discovered that loneliness is also one of the many causes of your mental challenges.

I can help you find a chick, just accept that you don't know the meaning of a city. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
iconize:

I've discovered that loneliness is also one of the many causes of your mental challenges.

I can help you find a chick, just accept that you don't know the meaning of a city. grin grin grin grin

I can't help you find a chic. Your mother with gorilla brains would be pissed off with me for snatching another deeck from her. grin grin grin grin grin

person, tell us the meaning of a city now and stop runnning. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sagamite:

I can't help you find a chic. Your mother with gorilla brains would be pissed off with me for snatching another deeck from her. grin grin grin grin grin

person, tell us the meaning of a city now and stop runnning. grin grin grin grin

Sagamite, I found another dunce like you with lemon coloured pee for brains. grin

This particular lunatic said peas are lemon coloured. grin grin grin grin

Btw, have you learned what makes a city?

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 8:09am On Aug 24, 2014
iconize:

Sagamite, I found another dunce like you with lemon coloured pee for brains. grin

This particular lunatic said peas are lemon coloured. grin grin grin grin

Btw, have you learned what makes a city?

person, you found your mother's relation? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2014
Sagamite:

person, you found your mother's relation? grin grin grin grin grin

Who cursed you?

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2014
iconize:

Who cursed you?

I am not cursed enough to be aroused by your mother like she arouses you. grin grin grin grin
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2014
Sagamite:

I am not cursed enough to be aroused by your mother like she arouses you. grin grin grin grin

Loneliness is really killing you.

I believe you mother cursed you after you p_imped her for a cup of vanilla ice cream.

Your life is a tragedy, you're brother and son to one man... lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2014
iconize:

Loneliness is really killing you.

I believe you mother cursed you after you p_imped her for a cup of vanilla ice cream.

Your life is a tragedy, you're brother and son to one man... lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin

You keep on recounting your life and curse? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2014
Sagamite:

You keep on recounting your life and curse? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm sorry. Only God can handle your case.

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
iconize:

I'm sorry. Only God can handle your case.

Only a hammer to your head can handle your crase. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sagamite:

Only a hammer to your head can handle your crase. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Have you taken your medications today?

Have got you a chic to help overcome your loneliness, but promise to behave properly..
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
iconize:

Have you taken your medications today?

Have got you a chic to help overcome your loneliness, but promise to behave properly..

person, I will never have anything to do with your mother with gorilla brains! angry angry angry

I would never touch such a stinking, disease invested vermin. Don't pimpp her to me. angry angry angry angry
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sagamite:

person, I will never have anything to do with your mother with gorilla brains! angry angry angry

I would never touch such a stinking, disease invested vermin. Don't pimpp her to me. angry angry angry angry

Still my lines. grin grin grin

Do you've a rift with creativity? grin

You claim to be intelligent yet you lack creative thinking.
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
iconize:

Still my lines. grin grin grin

Do you've a rift with creativity? grin

You claim to be intelligent yet you lack creative thinking.

Cretinous person, so revealing to us that your mother has gorilla-brains and your brother is your father is the creativity of your life?

I don't blame you, when you flock with fcuktards like Blackteeth who would say you are a creative genius for such, why would you not think so. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sagamite:

Cretinous person, so revealing to us that your mother has gorilla-brains and your brother is your father is the creativity of your life?

I don't blame you, when you flock with fcuktards like Blackteeth who would say you are a creative genius for such, why would you not think so. grin grin grin grin

Sagamite, why are you pissed? Because I revealed to peeps that you p_imped your mother for a cup of ice cream or because I exposed your dumbness? grin grin grin grin grin

Lad, you're still a mentally challenged incestuous dunce with lemon coloured pee for brains. grin

Sagamite, your life is a tragedy.. Go and commit suicide!
You banged your own sister and p_imped your mother, you deserve to die! grin grin grin
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 5:46am On Aug 26, 2014
iconize:

Sagamite, why are you pissed? Because I revealed to peeps that you p_imped your mother for a cup of ice cream or because I exposed your dumbness? grin grin grin grin grin

Lad, you're still a mentally challenged incestuous dunce with lemon coloured pee for brains. grin

Sagamite, your life is a tragedy.. Go and commit suicide!
You banged your own sister and p_imped your mother, you deserve to die! grin grin grin

Was I the person that just tried to pimpp his mother online? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2014
Sagamite:

[s]Was I the person that just tried to pimpp his mother online?[/s] grin grin grin grin grin

Just like you p_imped your unfortunate mother for a cup of ice cream. grin grin grin grin

Sagamite stew, your life's a tragedy, no wife, no friends. grin grin grin

Is sexual impotence also one of your many problems?
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2014
iconize:

Just like you p_imped your unfortunate mother for a cup of ice cream. grin grin grin grin

Sagamite stew, your life's a tragedy, no wife, no friends. grin grin grin

Is sexual impotence also one of your many problems?

I would rather have no wife, no friends and sexual impotence than be like you using your potency on your mother with Gorilla brains. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2014
Sagamite:

I would rather have no wife, no friends and sexual impotence than be like you using your potency on your mother with Gorilla brains. grin grin grin grin grin

Sagamite, why are you son pissed?

Okay I promise not to tell peeps anymore that you're son and brother to one man, and also that you pi_mped your biological mother for a cup of ice cream.

But know that with your attitudes, you're revealing to peeps that a mad woman with gorilla brains gave birth to you.

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2014
iconize:

Sagamite, why are you son pissed?

Okay I promise not to tell peeps anymore that you're son and brother to one man, and also that you pi_mped your biological mother for a cup of ice cream.

But know that with your attitudes, you're revealing to peeps that a mad woman with gorilla brains gave birth to you.

We have been well entertained by you letting us know your mother has gorilla brains and your brother is your father and you are about to produce the next brother. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2014
Sagamite:

I hope I have entertained you guys by letting Y'all know that my mother has gorilla brains and my brother is my father and I am about to produce the next brother. grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sagamite stew, your life is a tragedy! grin

You mean you're brother and son to one man? grin

What an incestuous family! grin

1 Like

Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by Sagamite(m): 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
iconize:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sagamite stew, your life is a tragedy! grin

You mean you're brother and son to one man? grin

What an incestuous family! grin

No, that is your family history in a village with high population where apes that are your mother's ape family. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail by iconize(m): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
Sagamite:

[s]No, that is your family history in a village with high population where apes that are your mother's ape family.[/s] grin grin grin grin grin

You're deviating. grin

Have you learned what makes a city?

Explain to us:

1)The meaning of a city.

2) What makes a city.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Lose 3-0 Even As Drogba Returns / Filipe Luis Set To Chelsea / EPL Matchday 10: Manchester United Vs Manchester City @ 15:05pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.