Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola (17286 Views)

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by eunisam: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2014
Washington - Two US citizens suffering from Ebola in West Africa will be evacuated back to the United States to be cared for in strict isolation in the coming days, the State Department said on Friday.

"The safety and security of US citizens is our paramount concern," deputy spokesperson Marie Harf said, confirming the State Department was facilitating the medical evacuation with the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

"Every precaution is being taken to move the patients safely and securely, to provide critical care en route on a non-commercial aircraft and to maintain strict isolation upon arrival in the United States."

They will be "taken to medical facilities with appropriate isolation and treatment capabilities," Harf added in her statement.

Samaritan's Purse, a US charity, has said that two of its staff members, doctor Kent Brantly and another American missionary worker, Nancy Writebol, were stricken with the virus in Liberia.
Both "are in stable but grave condition," the group said on Thursday in a statement.

Harf declined to identify the two patients who would be evacuated due to privacy concerns.

Emory University Hospital, in southern Georgia, has also said that it is preparing to receive "a patient with Ebola virus infection to its special facility containment unit within the next several days."

But it was not immediately clear if either Brantly or Writebol would be taken to Emory.

Protect public
"CDC protocols and equipment are used for these kinds of medical evacuations so that they are carried out safely," Harf added.

This was done in an effort to protect "the patient and the American public, as has been done with similar medical evacuations in the past," she added.

Brantly, 33, became infected with Ebola while working with patients in the Liberian capital of Monrovia as he helped treat victims of the worst Ebola outbreak in history.

The World Health Organization warned West Africa's Ebola-hit nations that the epidemic was spiralling out of control and could spread to other countries.

The WHO raised the death toll by 57 to 729 on Thursday, announcing that 122 new cases had been detected between Thursday and Sunday last week, bringing the total to more than 1 300 since the epidemic began earlier this year.

3 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by eunisam: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2014
What i don't know shouldn't know me. I don't know who is ebola God abeg.Protect your people.Amen .http://m.news24.com/nigeria/World/News/US-evacuating-two-Americans-sick-with-Ebola-20140801-2

2 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Descartes: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2014
Nna, eh with this Ebola outbreak, nowhere is safe anymore. embarassed

1 Like

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Ahuitzotl: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2014
So they have ample opportunity to study and weaponize the virus for Bio-warfare...…Russia,i see you.

14 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by BrAkingNews: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2014
I just love America

Half Of A Yellow Sun Movie ( Watch Online Or Download )
>>> http://www./nollywood-movies/half-of-a-yellow-sun/

Crazy Things That Women Do When They Club Alone (Photos)
>>>> http://www./nigerian-celebrities-scandals/crazy-things-that-women-do-when-they-club-alone/
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Guykhena(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2014

And this is how it all begins,
The movement of Ebola,it isn't just a West African problem anymore,its going global sad
Btw
Those 2 affected US citizens should be

[size=19pt]Quarantined.[/size]

Why were they brought back to the US anyway? undecided
They should have been left in the "Ebola Den"(Liberia) to prevent an outbreak...

6 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Youngzedd(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2014
If there are 9jarians the government will leave them to die there. Even the family members lol.

8 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by BrAkingNews: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2014
Guykhena:
wat?
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by LMAyedun(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2014
A nation that care about her citizens anywhere and everywhere no matter what....

9 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by omona10: 8:24am On Aug 02, 2014
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by 9jahubcom(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2014
K
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by merit12(f): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2014
I'm actively following

But no comment ,I'm comment

Be right back

1 Like

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by 9jahubcom(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2014
LMAyedun: A nation that care about her citizens.anywhere and everywhere no matter what....
dats my biz partner country
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by realbee(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2014
Hmm interesting... do they have the cure? Or do they have any ebola treatment centre already set up in U.S? I feel Ebola might be a western lab experiment gone wrong, its another opportunity for them to come out and provide medicine as 'aids' or 'grants' to Africa in return for our resources like they always do. HIV is no longer doing the magic, Ebola has to come. I wonder if Africans have not been eating bush meat for generations without any major incident, I just wonder.....

27 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Sermwell(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2014
God help us!....I wonder what will happen is there is outbreak of Ebola Virus in Nigeria. I don't trust Nigeria to handle issues like this

2 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by 9jahubcom(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2014
merit12: I'm actively following

But no comment ,I'm comment

Be right back
n u are happy
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Sermwell(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2014
God help us!....I wonder what will happen if is there is outbreak of Ebola Virus in Nigeria. I don't trust Nigeria to handle issues like this
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by ceejay80s(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2014
RIP to dem,
cos they are already dead
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2014
I don't believe all these diseases ravaging the world are natural... Ranging from swine and bird flus to HIV and Ebola diseases etc...

There re pessimistic trans-humanists who believe that the world's population needs to be cut down by almost half in order to save the earth from pressure of over population...

I read that every month, the World Health Organization uncovers labs where scientists are dabbling in the gray areas of science—everything from manipulating human stem cells to breeding chimeras … blended species that don’t exist in nature.

It’s disturbing. Science is progressing so fast that nobody knows where the lines are drawn anymore.

They are busy creating vector virus that are capable of killing fast...

God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by plainmirror(m): 8:28am On Aug 02, 2014
ceejay80s: RIP to dem,

It is vewi baadt to bid someone that is breathing RIP.
There is always hope for the living.

7 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Sexytemi(f): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2014
One thing always comes to my mind, ebola don gain more popularity Dan aids o, make God protect us from both o.....[color=#990000][/color] angry

1 Like

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by LMAyedun(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2014
ceejay80s: RIP to dem,
Well, you can't conclude just yet.

1 Like

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by Kaybaba5(m): 8:31am On Aug 02, 2014
BABA GOD PLEASE PROTECT US ALL FROM THIS EBOLA OF A THING..................

2 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by odyx: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2014
Am speechless.
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by mrking3(m): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2014
Yea ... That's nice
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by coldsummer: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2014
To care. Fr them abi to use them as lab rats

1 Like

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by NaLaugh: 8:35am On Aug 02, 2014
Abeg o! make dem leave dem there before dem carry ebola com giv person
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by jayseehe(m): 8:35am On Aug 02, 2014
here is a country that value every of her citizens

our Chibok girls who are healthy have been neglected

5 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by sholabell(m): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2014
My people it not dat bad in Monrovia, am living there. Dis pple shouldn't take it dat bad.... God is in control

2 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by ebolacarrier: 8:39am On Aug 02, 2014
Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2014

6 Likes

Re: US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola by GraceInUSA: 8:40am On Aug 02, 2014
God bless America. They so much value the life of 1 citizen. God help those guys recover.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Doctors Shut Down Hospitals In Imo State Over Police Brutality / Ladies, Pls Recomend A Good Sanitaty Pad / 6 Popular Myths About Exercises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.