Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,519 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Advice For My Seven Year Old - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice For My Seven Year Old (1022 Views)

Fire Kills Family Of Seven In Lagos Apartment / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Seven-Year-Old Kids Making Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For My Seven Year Old by egopersonified(f): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2014
Hello house, no one knows it all, so would need some advice here. At this year's prize giving day, my son's friend received five awards, my son was sad he didnt get any and kept complaining that he got 100% in a particular subject and didnt get any prize. I explained to him that maybe someone else passed in another arm of his class grade and they had to compare last term's result to determine who should get the prize(though I dont know the criteria used). This stopped the complains.

My question now is, is it healthy to make my son compete with this his friend? Wont it be driving him to feel inadequate when he cant meet up with his friend? Should I just encourage him to be content with his grades as they are very good or drive him more? Please any advice would really come in handy. Thanks.
Re: Advice For My Seven Year Old by nekaa(f): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2014
Its totally healthy.... this will make him strive harder next time.
My unc once told my bro he'd get him a bicycle if he came first ( all along my bro was taking 2nd or 3rd)My bro went to the guy taking first who was also his bestie and told him what my unc promised. His friend told em "sorry i can't reduce my brain, you have to inch up to me" Although he never came first buh his grades improved.
You could get him a gift for being good, that could also make him feel better.
Re: Advice For My Seven Year Old by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 02, 2014
Yup its healthy as long as you don't put pressure on him. Just let him know that he can beat that friend of his. And the truth is that he can.
Teach him not to complain, but persist

1 Like

Re: Advice For My Seven Year Old by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2014

A - Hi
B - Hello
A - Are you also here for the interview?
B - Yeah of course. You?
A - Same. Well, I hope you don't get it. smiley
B - Excuse me?
A - I mean the job, I hope you don't get it.
B - Ooo, I hope you don't get it too. wink

Competition is good and healthy. Encourage him to compete.

1 Like

Re: Advice For My Seven Year Old by sholikay(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2014
Madam..when it comes to educatn aspect,its nt bad 4 sum1 to compete with his bestie..dy should only avoid malice,or quarrel and take it as fun..it wil only build up deir educatn morale.if u dnt c sum1 to compete wit,u cant progress in ramification
Re: Advice For My Seven Year Old by egopersonified(f): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2014
Thank you all for your comments, didnt want to make it a 'do or die' responsibility.
Re: Advice For My Seven Year Old by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2014
egopersonified: Thank you all for your comments, didnt want to make it a 'do or die' responsibility.

Welldone. So you get 7 year old son. Ok I know what to do now.

(1) (Reply)

Love And Single Mum / (need Answers)would You Prefer A Spouse Who Loves You Or A Spouse Who.... / What Is The Prescription For Anger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.