Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,737 members, 7,955,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

Together Again - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Together Again (1065 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Together Again by keni315(f): 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
The night was just breaking into day when frank got out of his personal bed room,personal in the sense that he only uses it.Well dressed in suit,white shirt navy blue tie that looked like it he took all his time to knot.He was holding a bag probably ready to go to work but at the look of the time its just six o'clock
He was just about to take his last step from the house when his wife stopped him 'wait a minute,we need to talk' she said with her right hand on her waist.
'Jeez' he said to himself and looked at her in a -You-are-wasting-my-time manner. 'what now!' he said
'I know things won't be as it was,but still,i think we should......' she swallowed 'talk about it'
frank looked at his watch 'there is nothing to talk about' he said 'I've made it clear to you that I am leaving this house for you if you won't leave'.He motioned to leave.but his wife held him back 'what about the kids,how will they handle it' she was about to cry.
Irritated he yelled 'are they new born kids...they are grown ups for God's sake. I'm sure they can handle it' he said 'I will tell them when I'm back'he bursted out of the house.
All Josephine could do is breakdown and cry but she was crying in silence with her hands on her month which prevents her from crying out loud so that she won't wake the kids up.
She looked at her back and saw her twin daughter standing beside the dinning table staring blankly at the door.
Josephine wondered how long she has been standing there.could it be that she has been there all this while?,had she listen to their conversation?she thought.the more she thought about it,the more she wants to cry.
Re: Together Again by Timothy3113(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
Well done, i dont know how to crictize an article. But you need to be updating regularly in oother to have more followers.
Re: Together Again by keni315(f): 12:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
Alright,no problem
Re: Together Again by keni315(f): 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
'Helen!' She exclaimed,still covering her mouth.obviously , this time it was because of her amazment.
'Don't start'because she had already knew every thing now,and dad was leaving home for somewhere nobody but him knew.she released her stare and went into her room.

Everybody in the family were present for break fast except Dad,the front chair was empty like it has always been since the twins turned nine. The twins always sit at dad's left handside and mom by his right with their big bro.but now two seats are empty big bro is now in school and dad?.......... Henry looked at his twin sister and said 'where is dad' like he had seen him on his sit for the past six years. 'gone' she replied.

During breakfast Helen tried to avoid eye contact with her mother, almost burying her face under the food. 'let's hurry Henry,we are late already'.at last she has escaped from that uncomfortable zone.

They took the bus to school since there was no dad to take them again,she has gotten used to the almost over crowded school bus and giggling girls. 'you didn't come with your dad today?' one of those news spreaders asked her, probably she may be looking for news headline, 'he is busy' she replied. The moment they get to know,it will spread even more than a fire outage in osodi market.
She saw her friend lizzy coming out of another bus 'hey!' she ran to her 'are you alright?,you look so pale'!
'I'm fyn'she said bluntly
'you are not,I know you are not fyn'she said 'I'm not fyn too' she looked like she is going to cry but didn't 'it looks like dad is leaving' she sighed and looked up. 'everything is just frustrating' she continued 'now what's eating at you'she finally asked.
'it looks like I am leaving' she said
'i don't get you'
'I'm going away' she paused 'far away'
'why!,where!' Helen asked curiously
'mom is getting married,she need some space ,you know?.....lets go' lizzy went ahead.
she watched her friend leave and it was as if something was going to explode,as if her head was going to explode.Her dad is leaving her best friend too is leaving and that even made her to want to scream to srcream her heart out but she couldn't,she just have to hold it in like she did earlier.
Re: Together Again by keni315(f): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
The next day, Helen got a voice message from her friend informing her that she will be leaving as early as possible.'darn!', she thought she hurried up and rushed out of the house and just told Henry she was going out.thank God its a public holliday that day.
She took a cab in front of her house down straight to lizzy's

lizzy stopped the cab coming next,she looked back one last time and she couldn't fight back the tears this time,she entered the back seat and in a second they were gone.

Helen watched a cab leave the spot the driver had parked she hadn't thougt it could be lizzy,she thought it is too early for a person to park and leave a house,she paid the driver and left.
she knocked at her front door and a man came out with a naked chest,a boxer short and a punch he might have gotten from the delivery man 'good morning sir' she greeted polietly knowing that he could be lizzy's step dad, 'I'm lizzy's friend ,is she home'
'Oh! lizzy!',he smiled 'if she had been crawling,she would have gotten to the station' she stomed out of the house and immediately stopped a cab,she hopped in and dailed lizzy number.oh no,she not picking 'sir please hurry' she told the driver.
She got to the station,looked around and saw lizzy,she sighed in relief and gave her a hug,stii holding unto her 'why!why!,why do you have to leave' she told her she is going to Abuja to say with her mom's sister. She promised to call her.Helen watched her friend leave. She ran to her and hugged her one last time. 'take care of yourself,eat well and don't fall sick for my sake.okay?'
'Okay!' lizzy smilled and waved to her,helen watched her disappear into the crowd.
Helen's trip home was with tears,she had cry her eyes out in the cab only to get home to notice the awful silence in the house,she felt as if something is missing,like a room is empty in the house. She went to mom's room but it was locked,same as Henry's room but.......something was wrong, dad's room was open she opened the door and saw what made her feel empty.truly somewhere was empty in the house,dad's room was empty and that means he is gone.
This time she really wanted to scream and shout and sure she did 'haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........'she screamed and it echoed
Re: Together Again by theSpark(m): 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
keni315: Helen watched a cab leave the spot she they parked she hadn't thougt it could be lizzy,she thought it is too early for a person to park and leave a house,she paid the driver and leave.

Nice story. There are a few slips like the one I highlighted but on the whole, it's cool. The pain of a friend leaving is something am familiar with sadly. You described it superbly.
Re: Together Again by keni315(f): 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
You know that feeling when one is lost in an unfamiliar public place,the urge to cry when you see people just pass and look at you like a lost sheep.
This was the same feeling lizzy had by the time she got to Abuja,the more she saw the dark clouded sky,the more it made to want to cry. She checked her watch and it was already late.she couldn't even bear to think about the possibility of sleeping outside.Just as she was about to call her Aunty she took her gaze to her left side and saw someone that looks like her mom but a younger version of her mom standing in between two young ladies who could be her cousins.she called to make sure it was really her aunt.she picked the call and waved to them.
As they step inside the house, she looked at the house very carfully 'cos from that moment onward it was going to be her home,her second home.
Re: Together Again by Queening(f): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hy kehinde hw are u nyc story, call me greetings 2 old man
Re: Together Again by keni315(f): 7:06am On Aug 11, 2014
Thanks moyinoluwa,i'mwaiting to read yours too
Re: Together Again by keni315(f): 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Helen's blood boiled right when she saw the auditorium emptyshe sat in the nearest chair, made the chair in front of her face her and rested her led in it.she hadn't belived she had come from her house just to find the theater empty.she looked at het watch and it was quater to two o'clock.Her brother was at home watching T.v or reading.he had never shown any interest in the things of God,he had only paticipated thrice in a state quiz for the church and since then he had been boasting of joining the ushering department he never joined.
Not quiet long,she heard a foot step behind her,she turned as if she was sure it was her imagination, A young teenage boy was standing by the door,her gaze made him felt embarassed. 'dont give me that look' he said 'its not like i came late'.
Helen stood up and said 'Do you know I left home a few minutes before half past one,I got a bus and told the man i was going to stop in front of the studio,but he drove me pass here and i had to trek all the way here'.before she could finish the last word,Mike was already laughing,this time ,his laughter had really grown louder that it made her very annoyed.she took her bag and motioned to leave.but he stopped her. 'wait' he said,
'You find it funny?' she asked
still laughing 'no,i mean yes,so funny'.
she grinned 'I'm gonna tell miss R'.the R stands for Rhoda,and rhoda has been their CTTA(christain teens theater association)cordinator.A group that was formed when Rhoda was a teen.The group has really improved since they are now being recognized by the church,now they won't have to wait for one big special occassion before performing,they can do them right in the church.
The practice started and every one got serious as miss R out lined the character. Helen heard Mike babling about him wanting to get the lead role for the performance,the audition will be next practice.
Everybody was totally exausted,they had done two reharsals on a roll.one for the CTTA and the other was the choir practice.practice ended and tomorrow was sunday.Helen was tired by the time she got home,she didn't bother to ring the bell 'cos every body have the password to the door lock.she walked straight to her room and locked the door behind her.she fell asleep 'cos she was weak,people do say she is strong,but she knew she is weak inside.
what now made her weaker was that no one even asked of her friend,no one knew she wasn't in practice or no one bothered to ask and that really made her weak that she totally fell asleep.

(1) (Reply)

Hot Romance - See Examples / There Are Runs And There Are Ruuuuuns / How I Met A FUTA Girl By Obizzle (fiction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.