Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Sin Against The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sin Against The Holy Spirit (1831 Views)

Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sin Against The Holy Spirit by DeepZone: 6:04am On Oct 16, 2008
The bible says that the only sin that is unforgivable is the sin against the holy spirit. What is that particular sin abeg? I know it's not murder or adultery, so what is that sin?
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by DeepZone: 9:18am On Oct 16, 2008
Anybody is free to post the chapter and verse in the bible because i don't know it.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by MCUsman(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2008
Maybe the Bible is not explicit about it.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by PastorAIO: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2008
Because they said he has an evil spirit.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by Backslider(m): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2008
The Holy Ghost is a spirit that has no physical body so it will be difficult judge and clearly identify the Holy Ghost. however Jesus came with the fullness of the Holy Ghost and The people arround him knew that he was from God but they were going to loose out from the crowd.

They sinned against the Holy Ghost because of gain and they died in their sin there was no repentance before they died they are now in Hell. There are other places where people sinned Like Judas and The husband and wives that sold land and kept part back.

To sin against the Holy Ghost is to be convicted of a truth and disobey this conviction and dying in this state. If one says a man has a demon how can one judge wether it be true or false? The issue is nowadays people have gone for power and are Photocopying the same things Jesus did.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by DeepZone: 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2008

To sin against the Holy Ghost is to be convicted of a truth and disobey this conviction and dying in this state. If one says a man has a demon how can one judge wether it be true or false? The issue is nowadays people have gone for power and are Photocopying the same things Jesus did.

@Bold explain further please.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by pilgrim1(f): 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2008
@topic:

I found these replies helpful -

1. Not every sin brings eternal damnation

2. Just so that we don't misunderstand

3. You don't want to know how to sin against the holy Spirit

4. If a man steals a sweet and another commits adultery

Of course, there are some very good answers by others there as well. In a similar thread, naijacutee has some very sensible talk to share.

Cheers.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by Nimshi: 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2008
Interesting.

Because there is at least a sin that will not be forgiven, and because there are sins that do not leasd to death, it follows that all sins are not equal; or that some sins are more equal than others.

This not only makes biblical sense, it makes logical sense too.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by olabowale(m): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2008
Since I do not know, can anyone therefore who the "holy spirit" is?

It seems that he is special. It seems that sins against every other
"Entity," can be forgiven.

I know who you call the "son," Jesus.
I know who you call the "father," Yahweh or Jehovah. But Jesus called Him "Eloi!"

So please, in the spirit of full diclosure, and clarity of thought; what is the proper name of the "holy spirit?"

I wonder he is the only one that holds this special office about sins against him?
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by reindeer: 7:49am On Oct 18, 2008
he sir
is the one who'll convict you of your sins and show you the love of christ.
He'll teach you the ways of God.

jesus is lord!!!
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Oct 18, 2008
DeepZone:

The bible says that the only sin that is unforgivable is the sin against the holy spirit. What is that particular sin abeg? I know it's not murder or adultery, so what is that sin?

I believe that the sin against the Holy Spirit is to develop an evil heart of unbelief against the inspired Word of God.  He is the One that convicts us of sin, of righteousness and of judgment to come, if we fail to believe the report of the Lord as it is written in the Holy Scriptures by the Holy Spirit, and we refuse the conviction that He brings when we hear, read or study and understand His Word that will lead us to be convinced, convicted and converted.  If we refuse to acknowledge and repent from our sins, refuse to renounce Satan and all his activities, refuse to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord, If you refuse to put your faith in His atoning work but insist in relying on your good works or good morals in other words you refuse to rely on God to live a victorious life, after the Holy Spirit has convinced and convicted you by His Word and Spirit.

Conversely, if after you have been convinced, convicted and converted you then turn away in unbelief denying the Works of the Holy Spirit of Salvation, Sanctification and the Holy Spirit baptism and other deeper experiences and you die in your sins without repentance, that is what I believe to be the sin against the Holy Spirit because for you to be saved, converted or for your soul to be restored you need the Holy Spirit to convict you of sin which will lead to repentance but if you disbelieve the Holy Spirit how and who will convict you of sin and lead you into repentance and faith in the Living God?
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by olabowale(m): 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2008
@reindeer: « #9 on: Today at 07:49:09 AM »

he sir
is the one who'll convict you of your sins and show you the love of christ.
He'll teach you the ways of God.

jesus is lord!!!

lol. In all of that, you did not answer my question. I want a proper name for the special entity you nicknamed "holy spirit." Story and warning will not do the trick, until you answer my question. Then it maybe proper to tell me where I am wrong and need correction.

For example you gave the name, Jesus for the so nicknamed "son." And you gave the names Yahweh and Jehovah for the so nicknamed "father." It seems that "Eloi," is actually His name instead of Yahweh or Jehovah. At least that what Jesus said on the cross, when he cried out, before he gave up the "ghost!" I guess the ghost given up is not the "holy ghost," right? The holy ghost was already in existence, by your account. The one given up was just an ordinary ghost, unless you wanna qualify it!

Now what is the noun, or proper name for "holy ghost," which seems to be a nickname or even pronoun? I need only direct answer. I am just curious. You can't fault be for that.

Since you know that he the "holy ghost," is the one that will convict of my sin, I need his proper name. I noticed that you said he will also show me the love of Christ and teach me the way of God. It seems that Christ is actually different from God, and both are different from holy ghost. We are talking about three entities here. Correct? Please which one is the aboslute LORD?

Finally the conviction of sin and the show of love of Christ and the teach the ways of God, all of them will happen in one shot, or at different time? In what order, please?

Considering that I love Jesus, almost the way I love any of all the other prophets/messengers before him and the only one in my record that came after him; are you then saying that I am wrong for loving him this intensely?

What will I be taught about the way of God, that will be equal or superior to what I do now; which is directing all my worships, my living and my dying (when the time comes) and all my hopes, supplications and obedience to a single God Lord Creator whose proper name is Allah?
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by minute(f): 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2008
There is ONLY ONE.

Attributing the works of God to Satan.

This is what Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2008
@olabowale,

The Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of Truth has documented what Jesus Christ who you claim to be one of your prophets as saying that I am the way, I am the truth and I am the life, no one comes to the Father except through me;  Olabowale, if you believe in the prophets of God and that Jesus is one of the prophets you claim to believe the above solemn declaration of Christ is what the Holy Spirit is presenting to you and that there is no other name given to man in whom we might be saved.  Until you take this first step into believing Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord your other questions will continue to be mysteries to you, but when you believe you will then enter into the realm of revelation knowledge of the Lord because the Bible is a coded book that can only be decoded by the Holy Spirit who inspired it in the first place.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by olabowale(m): 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Olaadegbu: « #10 on: Today at 10:52:43 AM »  

Quote from: DeepZone on October 16, 2008, 06:04 AM

I believe that the sin against the Holy Spirit is to develop an evil heart of unbelief against the inspired Word of God.  He is the One that convicts us of sin, of righteousness and of judgment to come, if we fail to believe the report of the Lord as it is written in the Holy Scriptures by the Holy Spirit, and we refuse the conviction that He brings when we hear, read or study and understand His Word that will lead us to be convinced, convicted and converted.  If we refuse to acknowledge and repent from our sins, refuse to renounce Satan and all his activities, refuse to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord, If you refuse to put your faith in His atoning work but insist in relying on your good works or good morals in other words you refuse to rely on God to live a victorious life, after the Holy Spirit has convinced and convicted by His Word and Spirit.

Please quote exactly from the Bible. Chapter, Verse. The woman, DeepZone asked for specific sin that could qualify for this not forgivable status. She already eliminated murder, fornication from the posible sin that is against the "holy spirit." Tell us the specific sin, please.

All that you wrote above about Jesus, were these the "words" of Jesus himself, or "Holy spirit or father?"

Or they were suppositions of the zealot persons after Jesus was raise up, and or persons who entered the community that Jesus left behind? Read it again and tell us, from your Bible. Jesus was raised up. He did not raise himself up to heaven from this earth of ours.

Conversely,  if after you have been convinced, convicted and converted you then turn away in unbelief denying the Works of the Holy Spirit of Salvation, Sanctification and the Holy Spirit baptism and other deeper experiences and you die in your sins without repentance, that is what I believe to be the sin against the Holy Spirit because for you to be saved, converted or for your soul to be restored you need the Holy Spirit to convict you of sin which will lead to repentance but if you disbelieve the Holy Spirit how and who will convict you of sin and lead you into repentance and faith in the Living God?

Read what you wrote above, it is not required to have your own opinion, if the Bible has done a good job of formenting a true guidance. All you have to do is to quote from it, so that people like us may know. Your opinion is very subjective, alining only with what you believe. Your belief maybe wrong.

On the first line, in the first part of your entry, above, you spoke about the sin as the development of "unbelieving heart," to the inspired word of God. There was no time that you mentioned the holy spirit as a teacher or the does of any conviction. You you said was that it is he who judges, etc. I

It seems as if you guys, in every which way you can factor out God, who is the boss, without any doubt of the holy spirit and Jesus. This is clearly a wrong path you have chosen.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2008
olabowale:

@Olaadegbu: « #10 on: Today at 10:52:43 AM » 
Please quote exactly from the Bible. Chapter, Verse. The woman, DeepZone asked for specific sin that could qualify for this not forgivable status. She already eliminated murder, fornication from the posible sin that is against the "holy spirit." Tell us the specific sin, please.

All that you wrote above about Jesus, were these the "words" of Jesus himself, or "Holy spirit or father?"

Or they were suppositions of the zealot persons after Jesus was raise up, and or persons who entered the community that Jesus left behind? Read it again and tell us, from your Bible. Jesus was raised up. He did not raise himself up to heaven from this earth of ours.

Read what you wrote above, it is not required to have your own opinion, if the Bible has done a good job of formenting a true guidance. All you have to do is to quote from it, so that people like us may know. Your opinion is very subjective, alining only with what you believe. Your belief maybe wrong.

On the first line, in the first part of your entry, above, you spoke about the sin as the development of "unbelieving heart," to the inspired word of God. There was no time that you mentioned the holy spirit as a teacher or the does of any conviction. You you said was that it is he who judges, etc. I

2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:16-21 Teaches us that all scriptures are inspired or God breathed.
John 14:6-27 Tells you what to believe and receive.
Hebrews 3:7-19; 4:1-13; 10:26-31 Warns us of the forbidden sin.

But as I said earlier, that the Scriptures are coded and remains a mystery to unbelievers, it takes faith in the glorious gospel for it to be a revelation knowledge to believers in Christ.  May the Lord open your eyes to see, your ears to hear and your heart to perceive and comprehend what the Lord has prepared for those who love Him.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by olabowale(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Olaadegbu: « #13 on: Today at 01:43:59 PM »  

@olabowale,

The Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of Truth has documented what Jesus Christ who you claim to be one of your prophets as saying that I am the way, I am the truth and I am the life, no one comes to the Father except through me;

Where is the document? And do "spirit" writes? Man stop the nonsense. Jesus is one of my prophets (AS). The Qur'an, given to Muhammad and his sunan (AS) confirm this true statement. I did not get my confirmation from the Bible. Remember that. It just happens that Qur'an and the Bible agree on this matter. It must be true, at least between the two parties. However since Muhammad (AS), and the Qur'an given to him and his sunan came later than the Bible, the New Testament,, it must supercede it and have to be accepted instead of the NT!

The above is the same view of the Christian, in all his argument for taking the NT and Jesus over Old Testament and Moses! If you reject my argument, know that you will not be the very first, because the Jews have already, aforetime done the same thing against Jesus and his message! And there is no place that God promised that the only people that will have prophethood/messengership are the children of Israel who are the seeds of Isaac, who was a second run seed of father Ibrahiim. Considering that Ismail was the first run seed of Ibrahim, and that the relationship and promise established were with Ibrahim. You will see why Muhammad came as the last of all messengers and the seal of prophethood. Is there any reason, from God Almighty to reject the universal message that he, Muhammad (AS) brought, proclaiming that God is the only One truly deserving worship and obedience, etc?

[quote]
Olabowale, if you believe in the prophets of God and that Jesus is one of the prophets you claim to believe the above solemn declaration of Christ is what the Holy Spirit is presenting to you and that there is no other name given to man in whom we might be saved.  

As stated earlier, my believing Jesus as a prophet, is borne from my belief in the messengership of Muhammad! Then it behoves any mind that is rational to argue away with me that Muhammad's saying is not superior to what you will find in the Bible, when both do not agree on any matter. If they do, then it is Muhammad's saying that qualifies what the bible says. Considering for a moment that you have a jaxpolation of speeches in the Bible. Some parts are actually completely the opposite of others. While, at the same time you have a major word, like "Trinity," not in the pages of the Bible altogether. Unfortunately, you believed in a nonexisting word, "Trinity." If we look very closely to the words of Jesus as in Mark 12 verse 29, and all his prayers, begging, and crying and weeping, etc to a God, then you will clearly see that the concept of him being a god is completely false.

Finally, every prophet whoever came before him, was the "way," to God, at the time, he, the prophet was holding the office of prophethood/messengership among the people. Take the case of uneloquent Moses, as good example. We know that he was the one that God used to destroy a tyrannical king and his reign, in Egypt. He was the one used to get the Children of Israel out of Egypt and almost back, to the land of their forefather, Ibrahim.

Just imagine for a second, those who died among the Children of Israel, while they did not disobey Moses, in their journey from Egypt to Palestine. Will these people need the fatherless son of a young virgin mother, Jesus as "the way," or it was for sure "Moses who was the way," in their journey to salvation? Remember no one of them knew about Jesus, in their lives. Are you not being an extremist when you thinK no other one was ever the way, among the prophets, except "Jesus?" What about Noah who the flood that happen under his prophethood perished an untold number of people who disobeyed his message? Was he not the way to those who were saved in the Vessel and died later, believing Noah's message?

Until you take this first step into believing Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord your other questions will continue to be mysteries to you, buy when you believe you will then enter into the realm of revelation knowledge of the Lord because the Bible is a coded book that can only be decoded by the Holy Spirit who inspired it in the first place.

Read my entries above about your statement about Jesus as a savior and lord. But I want to point out to you that, the Holy spirit which Inspired the Roman Catholic Bible must be different from the one that Ispired the Protestant Bible. Obviously, they must be because the two Bibles are different in the number of Books that they contain. Is as if they do not serve the same purpose.

Why do you have these conditions with the holy spirit(s)? Was there a change of heart from him or simple there are more than one holy spirit, each with his own different agendas? Should I even brouch the more bizzare plague of the continous generational updates, revisions and editions of even the same protestant Bible, if we zero in on a one instead of any of the many Christian sects?

How do you decode the Mark 12 verse 29, which is in plain and easy to read wording? How do you decode the word "Trinity," that does not even appear on the pages of the Bible?
[/quote]
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by olabowale(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Olaadegbu:

2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:16-21 Teaches us that all scriptures are inspired or God breathed.
John 14:6-27 Tells you what to believe and receive.
Hebrews 3:7-19; 4:1-13; 10:26-31 Warns us of the forbidden sin.

And there were four "canonized" Gospels; Mark, Luke, Matthew and "John." I am surprised that you giving me Timothy, Peter, and many verses of Hebrew! These were all post Jesus writings. Jesus was not even around to defend himself. Actually he could not defend himslef. I know that he commanded the purchases of swords, etc. But we know that he was also a smart man who did things in rational ways. The fire power of the enemies must have been much, which was the only reason that there was no resistance during his arrest. He avoided a huge loss of lives.

You limply quoted a lowly verse from John. Is this verse clearly enough? Of course not. Plus you as a Christian know that none of the Gospels was written down in the lifetime of Jesus.

Its an endictment on the veracity of the content of the Gospels. Nothing is to be believed, unless the Qur'an supports it.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2008
olabowale,

I do not doubt that Allah has no son and that Mohammed is his messenger.  I do not dispute that a certain "angel gabriel" appeared to Mohammed that gave him the Qur'an, what you misrepresent as Christianity is Mohammed's idea of Christianity that he learnt from the RCC who claim that the trinity consists of the father, the son and Mary the spouse of the Holy Ghost.  That is where your misconception lies.  The RCC's bible is not what we are talking about here.

All the patriachs from Noah or rather Abraham that you mentioned all prophesied by the Holy Spirit the coming of Jesus Christ who is the Way the Truth and the life.  They all (From Adam) sacrificed animals for the atonement of their souls pointing to the perfect Lamb of God that will come to take away the sins of the whole world and none of them claimed to be the way, the truth and the life.  When Jesus was sacrificed by crucifixion according to the plan of God He went to preach to those who have been obedient to the Word of God that were at Abraham's bossom and set them free.

God has communicated to mankind generally through nature and specially through His Words which has been documented in the Holy Bible.  However, if you decide to disbelieve the report of the Lord you are entitled to what you deem fit but only be sure that the salvation of your soul will be based on solid evidence and that it must stand the test of scrutiny as the bible has (even though you are not permitted to question your faith).  Your eternity depends on it.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by olabowale(m): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Olaadegbu: « #18 on: Today at 04:36:03 PM »

olabowale,

I do not doubt that Allah has no son and that Mohammed is his messenger. I do not dispute that a certain "angel gabriel" appeared to Mohammed that gave him the Qur'an, what you misrepresent as Christianity is Mohammed's idea of Christianity that he learnt from the RCC who claim that the trinity consists of the father, the son and Mary the spouse of the Holy Ghost. That is where your misconception lies. The RCC's bible is not what we are talking about here.

I know that you will not even argue with me the fact that both the catholic and the protestant Bibles, etc, do not contain the word "Trinity," anywhere! If this word, which is central to your believe of 3 god entities, which you will argue to be father, son and holy spirit, is wanting on the pages of the Bible, how are we sure what "trinity" meant, the very first time it was used? I want you to think about that for a moment.

Now lets talk about Jesus, and his mother. It in your Bible that we read that the holy ghost is the one responsible for Mary's pregnancy. Hence, he must be Jesus's father and Mary's husband! If you choose to deny it, as I reasonably put it, here, then its okay with me. What is interesting then is that you have thrown away RCC, where the protestant came out as offshoot! You also copied their Bible, less few Books!

Finally, it must be shown that mother's are always more important that their Children in spiritual hierrachy. Without Mary, there would not have been Jesus! The catholics never stop praying to her so that she can help them out! They call her "mother of god!"

But you who is an offshoot, as a protestant simply took the same trinity concept that they have and juggle with it the way you want. The RCC folks can not deny that they believe in Trinity, too. And we know that they pray to Mary whom they call mother of God! You will see that since you can not give a proper identity to the "Holy Spirit," he must just be something made up by the Christians! Maybe the Jews as well, since both of you are following wrong paths.

All the prophets from Noah that you mentioned all prophesied by the Holy Spirit the coming of Jesus Christ who is the Way the Truth and the life.

Show a verse by which Noah Prophesised by the holy spirit (Angel Gabreil), about the coming of Jesus! I want the name Jesus spelled out. Please dont be shy or stingy in giving me full information.

They all sacrificed animals for the atonement of their souls pointing to the perfect Lamb of God that will come to take away the sins of the whole world and none of them claimed to be the way, the truth and the life. When Jesus was sacrificed by crucifixion according to the plan of God He went to preach to those who have been obedient to the Word of God that were at Abraham's bossom and set them free.

I wo paddy yi npidan ju! When was Jesus a "lamb", an animal?. A perfect lamb does not complain! Jesus did by crying out, Eloi, ! You know the rest, man. And when did God first mention the plan of using anyone as a sacrificial thing instead of animal? Please tell us, before Jesus was born by his mother. I wanna know. And if this was the case, and Jesus knew it all along, then it was bad manner as if to be a disbeliever to be begging not wanting to die at the garden of geshmane prayers and then crying out in lamentation on the cross!

Who were at the bossom of Abraham who was long dead thousands of years earlier? Are you for real? Abraham's chest, man!

God has communicated to mankind generally through nature and specially through verbally which has been documented in the Holy Bible. However, if you decide to disbelieve the report of the Lord you are entitled to what you deem fit but only be sure that your faith is based on solid evidence and that it must stand the test of scrutiny as the bible has. Your eternity depends on it.

So I ask you right here, right now; show me "Trinity," on the pages of the NT! Please tell me the plain meaning of Mark 12 verse 29. Who is One Lord God that Jesus was referrring that he shared with his audience?

Interestingly, a person showed me "Infidel," on the pages of the Bible this afternoon. 1 Timothy 5 verses 7and 8. I am scrutiising the Bible. The Qur'an can stand the greatest of Scrutiny.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by JJYOU: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2008
hello rev. olabowale. ekuse oluwa.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by olabowale(m): 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2008
@JJYOU: REv. Ke? Iroo. Ise Oluwa. Mo gbo yen. Bawo ni, eyan mi?
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by lucybaby: 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2008
OLAADEGBU God bless you for educating the children of God
Take care
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by AloyEmeka9: 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2008
olabowale,

I do not doubt that Allah has no son and that Mohammed is his messenger. I do not dispute that a certain "angel gabriel" appeared to Mohammed that gave him the Qur'an, what you misrepresent as Christianity is Mohammed's idea of Christianity that he learnt from the RCC who claim that the trinity consists of the father, the son and Mary the spouse of the Holy Ghost. That is where your misconception lies. The RCC's bible is not what we are talking about here.
@Oladegbu

Point of correction: The difference between the roman catholic bible and the other ones is the apocryphal books which the protestants themselves agreed should be kept as separate but not inclusive in the bible just like they unanimously agreed to cut down the 22 books of the synoptic gospels to four, VIZ: Mattew, Mark, Luke and John. So i don't know where you got the information that Mary is the spouse of the holy ghost. That is a straight lie and heretic. RCC teaches that the trinity consists of the father, the son and the holy ghost/spirit.It solves no purpose to misconstrue something you know nothing about unless you are being sarcastic. I don't criticize Islam even though I'm not one because i do not have enough information like some of you to do so. Either way, a former muslim or religious scholar may be in a position to do that but Please please, don't interpret the bible you know nothing about because it's very offensive.

Moderator take note.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by JJYOU: 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2008
moderator ke! they only ban christians and not mole's
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by pilgrim1(f): 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2008
Hi @Aloy.Emeka,

Aloy.Emeka:

@Oladegbu

Point of correction: The difference between the roman catholic bible and the other ones is the apocryphal books which the protestants themselves agreed should be kept as separate but not inclusive in the bible just like they unanimously agreed to cut down the 22 books of the synoptic gospels to four, VIZ: Mattew, Mark, Luke and John. So i don't know where you got the information that Mary is the spouse of the holy ghost. That is a straight lie and heretic.

I'm sorry to weigh in on this issue here - are we pursuing simple facts or not? if we are, a few things to note:

1. I don't think that OLAADEGBU inferred that such a doctrine was brought out of the Bible - whether the one used by Catholics or Protestants. No. He only showed where the misconception was for most people - that it is what some Catholics believe.

2. As to (1) above, we have so many cases where this is clearly the case. A few? here:

[list][list]Litany in Honor of the Holy Infancy of
The Blessed Virgin by St. John Eudes
. . .

Infant, Mother of the Son,                               Pray for us.

Infant, Spouse of the Holy Ghost,                       Pray for us.
[/list][/list]

[list][list]"Our Blessed Mother Mary is the Immaculate Mediatrix who is the Chosen Spouse of the Holy Spirit. Our Lady is so intimately linked to the Holy Spirit—the Third Person of the Most Blessed Trinity—through her profound love and obedience that we can attest without a trace of exaggeration that she is the Spouse of the Paraclete."

Catholic Online.[/list][/list]

I don't need to fill this page with more attestations, but as you calmly check, you will find numerous other Catholic testimony to that same point.

Cheers.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by AloyEmeka9: 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2008
I'm sorry to weigh in on this issue here - are we pursuing simple facts or not? if we are, a few things to note:

1. I don't think that OLAADEGBU inferred that such a doctrine was brought out of the Bible - whether the one used by Catholics or Protestants. No. He only showed where the misconception was for most people - that it is what some Catholics believe.

2. As to (1) above, we have so many cases where this is clearly the case. A few? here:

Litany in Honor of the Holy Infancy of
The Blessed Virgin by St. John Eudes
. . .

Infant, Mother of the Son, Pray for us.

Infant, Spouse of the Holy Ghost, Pray for us.

"Our Blessed Mother Mary is the Immaculate Mediatrix who is the Chosen Spouse of the Holy Spirit. Our Lady is so intimately linked to the Holy Spirit—the Third Person of the Most Blessed Trinity—through her profound love and obedience that we can attest without a trace of exaggeration that she is the Spouse of the Paraclete."

Catholic Online.

I don't need to fill this page with more attestations, but as you calmly check, you will find numerous other Catholic testimony to that same point.

Cheers.

I do not know where you got this information but MOST catholics do not believe that mary is the third person in the trinity. I don't know either why you chose to believe what you got somewhere as opposed to what someone that has a first hand information is telling you. There are other sites that condemn RCC for proposing the issue of trinity in the first place. Get it right and now that the RCC has never and will never teach anything besides father, son and holy ghost unless you just want to propagate your hatred towards them by fostering that theory. The roman catholics do the sign of the cross before prayers and say " the father, the son and the holy ghost" and not " the father, the son and the spouse mary". What nonsense?

Get your info right before broadcasting them here because it makes you look absolutely stupid because you are so bent on villifying them. Where is the love they teach you people in church? Is this how your pastor thought you and Oladegbu to show your love?. By accusing other groups that has little doctrinal differences of falsehood? . I've seen this attitude among Nigerian christians only. they sem to have extended their tribalistic spirit into the christendom. It's funny how you refused to seek further about what i wrote but chose to prove Oladegbu right. You guys need repentance first but do me a favour first by posting accurate information and not lies about peoples belief copied from websites and articles. The catholic bible can be found online and please get me the section that made such comment. i bow for Nigerians.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by pilgrim1(f): 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Aloy.Emeka,

Aloy.Emeka:

I do not know where you got this information but . . .

. . . What nonsense?

Get your info right before broadcasting them here because it makes you look absolutely stupid because you are so bent on villifying them.

All you need to do is visit those links - the absolutely stupid thing not to have done so. Those "nonsense" are posted on the world.wide.web for the whole world to see - and that's where I got them from. Just in case: there's a little less "stupid" thing we could all do - search a little more on our own, and then confirm the case independently for ourselves. That's all. No ills, no hard feelings - just confirm it independently for yourself.

Grace.

Edit:

Aloy.Emeka:

I do not know where you got this information but MOST catholics do not believe that mary is the third person in the trinity.

Well, I noted that the case does not apply to all catholics, as evidenced by this statement:

pilgrim.1:

No. He only showed where the misconception was for most people - that it is what some Catholics believe.
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by huxley(m): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2008
Apparently, the sin against the Holy Spirit is the ONLY sin that cannot be forgiven. This means that Hitler, as long as he did not sin against the HS was pardonable.

By the way, what is a sin against the HS?
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by pilgrim1(f): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2008
huxley:

This means that Hitler, as long as he did not sin against the HS was pardonable.

On condition that he repented - did he?
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by huxley(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2008
pilgrim.1:

It is concievable that he might have, given he was so close to the Catholic church. If he did, would he have been forgiven?
Re: Sin Against The Holy Spirit by pilgrim1(f): 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2008
huxley:

It is concievable that he might have, given he was so close to the Catholic church.

I don't know if the best you expect us to hold is a guess. Did he or he did not?

huxley:

If he did, would he have been forgiven?

Is that any different from this:
pilgrim.1:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Facts You Need To Know About Bishop Oyedepo And Faith Oyedepo / Atheists, Unbelievers, Jehovah Witnesses, Muslims, All.....see This!!!!(pic) / Church Of The Day: The Fountain Of Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.