Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Stop This Incessant Call For Separation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stop This Incessant Call For Separation (869 Views)

Incessant And Reckless BaN By Antispambot / Incessant Cases Of Rape! Blame It On Civilization. Marry Early! / Nairaland Incessant Bans Is Beginning To Get Irritating, Annoying And A Piss Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
I've been following different threads on this site, and many others, and i noticed that whenever the issue of Nigerias continued existence comes to debate, many of us, especially my southern brothers, keep calling for separation, that each nation in Nigeria be allowed to rule themselves, the hausas/fulani in the north, igbos in the south east, the Deltans in the middle belts, the Yorubas in the South east. I wonder what our forefathers who gave their lives for the sovereignity that we now want to destroy, i wonder how they would feel now. The call for the separation of Nigeria is not only absurd, it is absolutely not the solution to the problems that ache this nation. I left kogi state, my state of origin for Sokoto State exactly 3yrs now, and i dont have any reason to want to go back home, atleast not now. Most of us who are in the north and other places outside our states of origin today are not here because we hate our states, neither are we here to count cattles and camels. The fact is that we are here in search of greener pastures. We are here to make a living for ourselves. We are here because we believe that resources abound that we can take advantage of and make fortunes out of. I left my state because jobs are not much, and the few ones on ground only go to those with forefathers, and those who are from the governor's clan/tribe. Here, we have a fair playground, i dont have to have a godfather before i get admission into school, i dont need to have my uncle as the bank manager before i get employed. My brother doesn have to be a commissioner before i get contracts. Lets say Nigeria were to be divided today, this my question to those of you clamoring and agitating for division, do you have jobs for us? Are you going to feed my family? What is the fate of people like me and many more? Is division really the solution? Will it solve the problem of political elites looting our resources like it is their families' heritage? Or will it end the agelong curroption and favouritism bedevilling the socioeconomic sectors of this nation? The answer is NO. My conclusion is this, lets clamour for a fair and transparent leadership. Lets play our roles as patriotic citizens, lets vote in leaders who arent after the money and power that leadership offers. We all know that that is the real trouble of Nigeria. Lets pray to God for a united Nigeria, where brotherhood and solidarity reigns. God bless Nigeria. God bless Nigerians!
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by kadas01(m): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Your points are valid!

But remember, that some "un-identified" persons have started "separating" this country with the wanton destruction of human lives and property!

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
kadas01: Your points are valid!

But remember, that some "un-identified" persons have started "separating" this country with the wanton destruction of human lives and property!

God bless Nigeria!

yes, but we dont have to allow them succeed. Ways through which the villains who are the masterminds behind this atrocities can be exposed and purnished is what we should be after, remembere, there can be no smoke without fire.
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
kadas01: Your points are valid!

God bless Nigeria!

yes, but we dont have to allow them succeed. Ways through which the sponsorers of the perpetrators of this villainous acts can be nabbed and exposed is what we should work on, remember, there is no smoke without fire, and when the fire is put out...
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Noneroone(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
If the people want Biafra, i think it should be given them.

1 Like

Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by kadas01(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

yes, but we dont have to allow them succeed. Ways through which the sponsorers of the perpetrators of this villainous acts can be nabbed and exposed is what we should work on, remember, there is no smoke without fire, and when the fire is put out...
Play your part; and I promise I would play mine diligently!

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
kadas01: Play your part; and I promise I would play mine diligently!

God bless Nigeria!

thanks, for that positive resolution, Nigeria needs more intelletuals like you. God bless our Nation.
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
Noneroone: If the people want Biafra, i think it should be given them.

we all know that little children love to play with sticks and sharp objects, should we give it to give them, and let it poke their eyes out? Take that as a parable, or better still, a word of wisdom.
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by timsbee(f): 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
Y are pple not reasonable enuf to know d rite tins to fight for

Let me ask dis from dem.......... Wen d fight stat na will dey be there? How will dey protect their kids dat dey claim to cherish? Will dey sacrifce d lives of their wives nd children for dis nonsense seperation.....
Maybe they dont know dat thers going to be a war or rebel against dis dicision dey are just shoutin for. Som ppl wil resist it nd many lives wil be lost nd d worst part is dat....... It may even worsen d status of dis country nd no solution afterall.#thinktwicepeople#
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by snthesis(m): 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
God Bless Nigeria

9ja 4life smiley
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by neuljosh(m): 1:59am On Aug 03, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

we all know that little children love to play with sticks and sharp objects, should we give it to give them, and let it poke their eyes out? Take that as a parable, or better still, a word of wisdom.

Well the last time I checked, the Igbos are 2nd to only Hausa in terms of population aswell as the most educated people in your Nigeria. So I don't get your theory about letting little children play with sticks and sharp objects. Mind you it is free world you can't force ppl to be with u forever. No one is asking for war but if Nigerians are not reasonable enough to let BIAFRANS have their own Republic, them let history repeat itself but trust me this time its gonna go the other way round. God Bless the Land of the Rising Sun!!!
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 03, 2014
neuljosh:

Well the last time I checked, the Igbos are 2nd to only Hausa in terms of population aswell as the most educated people in your Nigeria. So I don't get your theory about letting little children play with sticks and sharp objects. Mind you it is free world you can't force ppl to be with u forever. No one is asking for war but if Nigerians are not reasonable enough to let BIAFRANS have their own Republic, them let history repeat itself but trust me this time its gonna go the other way round. God Bless the Land of the Rising Sun!!!

am not tryin to be a pessimist, but what makes you think history wont repeat itself, at yours and your generation's expense? Be wise my friend. Any freedom attained at the cost of war, isnt worth it.
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 03, 2014
timsbee: Y are pple not reasonable enuf to know d rite tins to fight for

Let me ask dis from dem.......... Wen d fight stat na will dey be there? How will dey protect their kids dat dey claim to cherish? Will dey sacrifce d lives of their wives nd children for dis nonsense seperation.....
Maybe they dont know dat thers going to be a war or rebel against dis dicision dey are just shoutin for. Som ppl wil resist it nd many lives wil be lost nd d worst part is dat....... It may even worsen d status of dis country nd no solution afterall.#thinktwicepeople#

you have spoken wisely milady...history has confirmed it that the only victims of war are youths like you and i, our defenseless mothers and siblings, when it all ends, the useless politicians who instigated us into taking arms against each other, well, they get to pack the spoils and loot. Let us listen to the voice of wisdom!
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by JstLeslie(m): 11:51am On Aug 03, 2014
Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. But before we clamor for separation, ask yourself are you ready for it? The problem with Nigeria is not just the leaders. We suffer from identity crisis. If we can solve that issue, we would take the first step. Remember the leaders are accountable to the masses that voted them in. If Nigerians can solve their identity issues and come togeda as one. The leaders will sit up. The problem is not a biafran state or having a northern leader. Secondly we citizens should think outside the box in solving economic issues, its not only the work of the govt. We have our own role to play
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
JstLeslie: Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. But before we clamor for separation, ask yourself are you ready for it? The problem with Nigeria is not just the leaders. We suffer from identity crisis. If we can solve that issue, we would take the first step. Remember the leaders are accountable to the masses that voted them in. If Nigerians can solve their identity issues and come togeda as one. The leaders will sit up. The problem is not a biafran state or having a northern leader. Secondly we citizens should think outside the box in solving economic issues, its not only the work of the govt. We have our own role to play

You have spoken well.
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by timsbee(f): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

you have spoken wisely milady...history has confirmed it that the only victims of war are youths like you and i, our defenseless mothers and siblings, when it all ends, the useless politicians who instigated us into taking arms against each other, well, they get to pack the spoils and loot. Let us listen to the voice of wisdom!

U r right as well.
Re: Stop This Incessant Call For Separation by timsbee(f): 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

U r right as well. I hope these pple callin for it would understand.

(1) (Reply)

Look Up / Big Brother Africa: 3 More ‘hotshots’ Housemates Unleashed / 14 Year Old Student Suspended From School Over Selling Sex To Male Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.