Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd (4973 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? / Do Universities Allow HND Holders With Distinction For Masters Without Pgd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
waiting for your replies
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by kakakent: 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
Of course I think its unilag nd ui that take only 2 1 for most schools it 2.5 cgpa for unizik it 3 point unn too

1 Like

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by watered(m): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
Yes you can and you only doing your masters within your course of study.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
thanks folks.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by ModoetForma(m): 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
You can actually apply but it all depends on your GP. Most of the top nigerian universities accept 2.1 but a few can also accept 2.2. So in a nutshell, you can apply but it will be extremely difficult since 2.1 candidates will be considered first before they even think of considering you. In unilorin, we consider 2.2 candidates though.
Hope that helps.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by rapins: 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
UI accepts 2.2 but 2.1 and 1st class are always considered first.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by laudate: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
rev14vs11: waiting for your replies

Please this is a totally irrelevant question. The OP is just seeking attention. Every university is expected to have a counselling unit as well as course advisors. Why not seek advise from them? Why on earth should this question be coming up on Nairaland? Even a Jambite would know the answer! smh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
It depends on your cgpa.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by phransix147(m): 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
laudate:

Please this is a totally irrelevant question. The OP is just seeking attention. Every university is expected to have a counselling unit as well as course advisors. Why not seek advise from them? Why on earth should this question be coming up on Nairaland? Even a Jambite would know the answer! smh undecided

U get sense? Wat does it take to get the info here? Its not ur fault

7 Likes

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by ayokunlei(m): 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
laudate:

that is kind of strict from you o,that you know it doesnt mean that everyone know it, how sure are you that he was calling for attention? Even if he was, why not skip without rendering your harsh reply.... They take things easy o

5 Likes

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by olufemi26(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
laudate:

I don't see any reason why the post is irrelevant. NL is an open forum where people learn.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by laudate: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2014
ayokunlei: that is kind of strict from you o,that you know it doesnt mean that everyone know it, how sure are you that he was calling for attention? Even if he was, why not skip without rendering your harsh reply.... They take things easy o

Bros, sometimes there is a need to be strict. Too many inane topics litter Nairaland. For someone to ask this question, it appears that he or she wants to pursue graduate studies in a uni and must have already finished BSc or BA, not so? Anyone who has attended a university in Nigeria, knows how to get the answer to that question. If they don't, then it means they went to uni to fritter away their time. undecided

If any of my young undergraduate relatives asked this kind of question, I would ask them to go directly to the source - the postgraduate dept within their school! Lazy minds should not be indulged. If you are too weak to walk into any of the PG schools, why not log on to Google and review the various PG courses being offered by the Nigerian universities as well as the entry requirements for each course?

Why do people like being spoon fed with info, from sources that cannot be verified? At the end of the day, you might end up more confused with the plethora of opinions being thrown at you from a social network platform, instead of doing your own research using authentic sources & getting it right. shocked

Aren't undergraduates taught the rudiments of research & learning anymore? What are their lecturers there for? What are the PG schools set up to do? And the counselling units? Even the OP's question was rather open-ended.... no specific course or uni was stated.

Why do people like going to Sokoto to find out what is at the hem of their 'sokoto' (i.e. trousers) as my Yoruba neighbours would say?

Someone has just responded by saying '"you can only do a masters within your course of study if you have a 2.2," which is NOT totally correct. What about all those studying for MBA, MPA and other such professional courses? Do they all have a 1st degree within those course of studies?

Before you know it, others will come up with different opinions, counter arguments will ensue and the whole discussion will descend into a cyber free-for-all, with all kinds of strange opinions flying in from left, right and centre.

Abeg, e don do ..... sad I don talk my own!

8 Likes

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by ayokunlei(m): 1:49am On Aug 03, 2014
laudate:

Bros, sometimes there is a need to be strict. Too many inane topics litter Nairaland. For someone to ask this question, it appears that he or she wants to pursue graduate studies in a uni and must have already finished BSc or BA, not so? Anyone who has attended a university in Nigeria, knows how to get the answer to that question. If they don't, then it means they went to uni to fritter away their time. undecided

If any of my young undergraduate relatives asked this kind of question, I would ask them to go directly to the source - the postgraduate dept within their school! Lazy minds should not be indulged. If you are too weak to walk into any of the PG schools, why not log on to Google and review the various PG courses being offered by the Nigerian universities as well as the entry requirements for each course?

Why do people like being spoon fed with info, from sources that cannot be verified? At the end of the day, you might end up more confused with the plethora of opinions being thrown at you from a social network platform, instead of doing your own research using authentic sources & getting it right. shocked

Aren't undergraduates taught the rudiments of research & learning anymore? What are their lecturers there for? What are the PG schools set up to do? And the counselling units? Even the OP's question was rather open-ended.... no specific course or uni was stated.

Why do people like going to Sokoto to find out what is at the hem of their 'sokoto' (i.e. trousers) as my Yoruba neighbours would say?

Someone has just responded by saying '"you can only do a masters within your course of study if you have a 2.2," which is NOT totally correct. What about all those studying for MBA, MPA and other such professional courses? Do they all have a 1st degree within those course of studies?

Before you know it, others will come up with different opinions, counter arguments will ensue and the whole discussion will descend into a cyber free-for-all, with all kinds of strange opinions flying in from left, right and centre.

my Brother, I got your points... But from the other way, he might want to encourage himself with comments from experienced Nairalanders, or dont you know it works like miracle when you say out what pains you inside and you get comments? From what you analysed, you made some points though it wld be as if you are critising his opinion... And again,new comers/freshers in various institution cld benefit from this type of thread... Different reasons brings about different opinion. Everyone with his/her own opinion.

1 Like

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by mbhs139(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2014
laudate:

I'm absolutely with you on this. You said it well.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2014
@laudate and others i wasn't seeking attention,well,i wouldn't divulge much info on a public forum.i would be rounding up my program in a year time.i'm a student of OAU and after calculating my grade point,i discovered i couldn't make 2.1,the calc triggered this question.all the same thanks
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by sandammy(m): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Apology for derailing this thread. I only want to know if perhaps one has a carry-over course which he re-sit for and then got an A, will the A recorded for him with its potential point or it will be reduced to maybe C? this is an argument between me and a friend, please those enlightened mind about this should shed more light on it. Ernestly waiting for reply. thanks
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 03, 2014
laudate:

No! You are the attention seeker. Big Head

3 Likes

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by profemoral(m): 10:12am On Aug 03, 2014
sandammy: Apology for derailing this thread. I only want to know if perhaps one has a carry-over course which he re-sit for and then got an A, will the A recorded for him with its potential point or it will be reduced to maybe C? this is an argument between me and a friend, please those enlightened mind about this should shed more light on it. Ernestly waiting for reply. thanks

based on cgpa grading system, the 2 scores (former and present) will be used for the total collation of result... for example, first score 34 and new score 73. the final score for the course will be the average of 34 and 73 which is 53.5.

meaning the student will end up with a C grade not A grade.

1 Like

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by omowolewa: 11:40am On Aug 03, 2014
Yes you can.

I have two evidences of that.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by ayokunlei(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
rev14vs11: @laudate and others i wasn't seeking attention,well,i wouldn't divulge much info on a public forum.i would be rounding up my program in a year time.i'm a student of OAU and after calculating my grade point,i discovered i couldn't make 2.1,the calc triggered this question.all the same thanks
my brother, I like ur sense of maturity, you didnt make any mistake expressing ur opinion and if you decide to express it and people still criticise you for that then its left to them. Just keep doing ur very best no matter what you have today..., continue the struggle, its a matter of time.
All the best!!!

4 Likes

Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by ayusco85(m): 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
laudate:

u ve a point
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by egopersonified(f): 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
So people should stop opening threads to ask questions or post what probably half of nairalanders already know. These are what make nl, so deal with it.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
It depends on the school. But for most schools you must have 3.00 CGPA. however they may consider 2.5 if it's within the same course of study and applicants are few
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by sandammy(m): 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
profemoral:

based on cgpa grading system, the 2 scores (former and present) will be used for the total collation of result... for example, first score 34 and new score 73. the final score for the course will be the average of 34 and 73 which is 53.5.

meaning the student will end up with a C grade not A grade.
Thanks bro, your explanation is very comprehensive.
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by laudate: 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
egopersonified: So people should stop opening threads to ask questions or post what probably half of nairalanders already know. These are what make nl, so deal with it.

No, people should stop opening threads to post questions, whose answers are already available to them in their respective schools!

If you have a headache, would you post it on Nairaland or go straight to the pharmacy/chemist to get an analgesic (e.g. panadol) for it? shocked
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by laudate: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
BoluGabriel: No! You are the attention seeker. Big Head

Oh, I can see you joined Nairaland on the 10th of July (i.e. less than a month ago) for the sole purpose of dishing out insults? Hahaha...! undecided

Something tells me you took on a new user name after you were banned on another thread, and you have still not learnt your lesson. angry

Oya confess, what was your name in your former life?
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
laudate:

Oh, I can see you joined Nairaland on the 10th of July (i.e. less than a month ago) for the sole purpose of dishing out insults? Hahaha...! undecided

Something tells me you took on a new user name after you were banned on another thread, and you have still not learnt your lesson. angry

Oya confess, what was your name in your former life?
quit it mate, you're pathetic!
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by laudate: 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
BoluGabriel: quit it mate, you're pathetic!

Hahahha....!! wink Why are you being so defensive? Kai..... the guilty are afraid! grin
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
laudate:

Hahahha....!! wink Why are you being so defensive? Kai..... the guilty are afraid! grin
No hard feelings. Cheers!
Re: Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 07, 2014
laudate:

No, people should stop opening threads to post questions, whose answers are already available to them in their respective schools!

If you have a headache, would you post it on Nairaland or go straight to the pharmacy/chemist to get an analgesic (e.g. panadol) for it? shocked

u write too much abeg, no carry d guy mata 4 head lyk agege bread nw. Abi una get fight B4?

U've made ur point(s) and no one is saying u dont have a point but excess of everything is not good. The actor leaves when d ovation is loudest. Thank God u are nt a mod, i'll have deactivated my acc cos nairaland would have been so boring. It's a free world, we have individual differences, the way u reason is different frm mine so u dont expect me to do things ur way and vice versa. I dont think dis thread should reli give u so much concern like it is.

I no one see ur post on this thread again abeg.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Jupeb? / Unimaid 2011/2012 Admision List / Pictures Of The Drone Made By FUTO Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.