Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . (4979 Views)

My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel / Top Ten Most Populated Student Area In Mapoly»»»»»»»»by Lil'cent / Latest World Population: 20 Most Populated Countries In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by Jamestb(m): 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
choice of course have been a problem in Nigeria . all young people wants to get into almost the same set of course like;

1.Medicine & surgery
2.Law
3.Electrical & Electronic Engineering
4.Nursing
5.Mechanical Engineering
6.Accounting
7.Civil engineering
8. Architecture

And lot more ; this have been the reason why most students have not been admitted.
People with very high marks tends to secure admission, while some other gets by connection.
According to various research and interview pertaining to the reason why students choose only these set of course we have come to understand that most believe it is lucrative, it has prestige, while others are push by their parents.
Today I bring to you list of some course you can get with good scores & is less populated .. Which gives you chance to be admitted.
Note I will be telling you how this less populated course is lucrative.

1. Prosthesis & Orthotics
2. veterinary medicine
3. Material & Metallurgical Engineering
4. Agric Engineering
5. Mathematics & statistics
6. Surveying
7. Radiography
8. Building technology
9. Geology
10.Optometry

1) Prosthesis & Orthotics
African continent with a population of 150 Million. Out
of this population, more than 15 million is having
various disability and in dare need of various
rehabilitative treating or services. One of such
treatment is providing Prosthetic/Orthotic service.
Prosthetics can be defined as the science of
fabricating various Orthopadeic devices or appliances
to substitute or replace a missing body part. It can be
an upper or lower body extremity. Example includes
Trans-Tibial and Trans-Femoral Prosthesis for the
lower body extremity and Trans-Radial and Trans-
Humeral Prosthesis for the Upper body extremity to
mention a few.
Orthotics can be defined as the science of fabricating
various Orthopedic devices or appliances to substiutue
for a missing body function. This might be due to
disease that affected a body part etc.
In Nigeria, the country can boost of three National
Orthopaedic Hospital located in the Northern, Western
and Eastern part of the country. Within these hospitals
has department responsible for the provision of
Prosthetic/Orthotic services. Its quite sad to say that
amidst the population of the country and the physically
disabled population in need of P/O services.

2) Agric engineering
An agricultural sector plays a
vital role in the economic growth of the
country. It contributes 29.4% of Gross
Domestic Product (GDP). A graduate who
specializes in this field is known as an
agriculturist. Not only production of fruits,
vegetables and food grains is impacted by
agriculture, the industries dependent on the
agricultural sector for raw material are also
affected.
Read more at
http://itzsongster..com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by fckmn24seg(m): 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by Scholarforever: 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
These days the most important thing is to get a degree and be sure you have at least a skill in any field where a particular human-related problem is solved eg sewing, farming, shoemaking, writing, photography etc. D skill then provides a means of livelihood while d degree puts u on a stand-by mode for a certificate-related opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by RealAdewole(m): 6:44am On Dec 24, 2015
Scholarforever:
These days the most important thing is to get a degree and be sure you have at least a skill in any field where a particular human-related problem is solved eg sewing, farming, shoemaking, writing, photography etc. D skill then provides a means of livelihood while d degree puts u on a stand-by mode for a certificate-related opportunity.
we are certificate crazy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by RoastedCorn(m): 6:56am On Dec 24, 2015
Dentistry and Dental Surgery, very lucrative with few number of students admitted, UNILAG(40) O.A.U and UNIBEN(25), UNIPORT(20) , U.I(35) , BAYERO and LASU(10), UMIMAID(15). . it's a 6yr course, in which they give you BDS equivalent to MBBS

1 Like

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by Jamestb(m): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2015
Admin sincerely apologise for that Shadrach ...we will do our possible best to update it
We gat a lot of work on the blog page that's why.
Invite your friends we have unique script unfolded yet.
Test our uniqueness in Google we are the only blog that have this topic.
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Jamestb:
choice of course have been a problem in Nigeria . all young people wants to get into almost the same set of course like;

1.Medicine & surgery
2.Law
3.Electrical & Electronic Engineering
4.Nursing
5.Mechanical Engineering
6.Accounting

7.Civil engineering
8. Architecture

And lot more ; this have been the reason why most students have not been admitted.
People with very high marks tends to secure admission, while some other gets by connection.
According to various research and interview pertaining to the reason why students choose only these set of course we have come to underst

that most believe it is lucrative, it has prestige, while others are push by their parents.
Today I bring to you list of some course you can get with good scores & is less populated .. Which gives you chance to be admitted.
Note I will be telling you how this less populated course is lucrative.

1. Prosthesis & Orthotics
2. veterinary medicine
3. Material & Metallurgical Enginee
OP u forgot the most important one, metrology
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by lawflec(m): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2015
Yea... Understand u bro, seems as if u weren't so fortunate to get those big courses...

My guy used to tell me back in 100l that it's either first class or nothing, 200l he started, boss, 2.1 is still good... For this level we dey now after seeing his results he is like''guy 3rd class no too bad oo oo.. After all for court no one asks you the grade you came out with, in fact, great lawyers came out with 3rd class....

My birthday is today,,, show some love.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by MedicalSamwise(m): 10:52am On Dec 24, 2015
Anatomy
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by virud: 10:55am On Dec 24, 2015
All courses are lucrative sir!
It's a simple function of who you know and not What you read or what you even know!

Lawyers, engineers, doctors etc that are not doing well abounds. They are all over the streets, living from hand to mouth.

Meanwhile, there are artisans, painters,decorators and even shoe cleaners / shiners that are currently flexing / living that very life you've been dreaming of.

1 Like

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by EmmySparky(m): 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
Proud to be a geologist...but seriously all these courses are nothing in nigeria
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by spacks(m): 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
lawflec:
Yea... Understand u bro, seems as if u weren't so fortunate to get those big courses...

My guy used to tell me back in 100l that it's either first class or nothing, 200l he started, boss, 2.1 is still good... For this level we dey now after seeing his results he is like''guy 3rd class no too bad oo oo.. After all for court no one asks you the grade you came out with, in fact, great lawyers came out with 3rd class....

guy u funny die! lol grin
lawflec:

guy u funny die! lol
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
RoastedCorn:
Dentistry and Dental Surgery, very lucrative with few number of students admitted, UNILAG(40) O.A.U and UNIBEN(25), UNIPORT(20) , U.I(35) , BAYERO and LASU(10), UMIMAID(15). . it's a 6yr course, in which they give you BDS equivalent to MBBS
do you really have to include this! BDS is not equivalent to MBBS, they are different degrees, different responsibilities required from you after Med/dental school! I really don't get why you guys have to keep comparing both, is it worth it? you make BDS look/sound like a joke sometimes when we read NL. please let us be proud of what we do and stop comparing! I chose BDS because I love BDS no matter what anybody says- Most times,ignorant- I stand by my choice! I believe when you start approaching clinicals you wouldn't even want to respond to any ignorant comment again. btw, I've been reading the med students thread and a lot of my friends have refused to comment because of the unnecessary argument.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by oleeee(m): 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
proudly --------- electrical and electronics engineering student.
LIKE IF YOU ARE ONE
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by RoastedCorn(m): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
virud:
All courses are lucrative sir!
It's a simple function of who you know and not What you read or what you even know!

Lawyers, engineers, doctors etc that are not doing well abounds. They are all over the streets, living from hand to mouth.

Meanwhile, there are artisans, painters,decorators and even shoe cleaners / shiners that are currently flexing / living that very life you've been dreaming of.

that's what they say when they graduate with 2.2 and have not been able to find a job
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by virud: 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
RoastedCorn:
that's what they say when they graduate with 2.2 and have not been able to find a job
Yea, people could say that. You could be right. No doubts. But ultimately,thats what YOU think. That's your opinion. And I respect that.

But don't you think you're derailing the thread?
We are not talking about grades here.
re-read and comprehend.
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by RoastedCorn(m): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
FredBloggs:
do you really have to include this! BDS is not equivalent to MBBS, they are different degrees, different responsibilities required from you after Med/dental school! I really don't get why you guys have to keep comparing both, is it worth it? you make BDS look/sound like a joke sometimes when we read NL. please let us be proud of what we do and stop comparing! I chose BDS because I love BDS no matter what anybody says- Most times,ignorant- I stand by my choice! I believe when you start approaching clinicals you wouldn't even want to respond to any ignorant comment again. btw, I've been reading the med students thread and a lot of my friends have refused to comment because of the unnecessary argument.
when I said equivalent I didn't mean the same . . I meant they share equal rights . . both have the rights to open up an hospital, both work on conmess, both spend 6yrs e.t.c
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by Jamestb(m): 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Jamestb:
Admin sincerely apologise for that Shadrach ...we will do our possible best to update it
We gat a lot of work on the blog page that's why.
Invite your friends we have unique script unfolded yet.
Test our uniqueness in Google we are the only blog that have this topic.
this post is now fully updated visit
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by ayopo10(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
YOU FORGOT PHYSIOTHERAPY.
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by shurlar50(m): 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
Lol, let me remind you of Food Technology incase u forgot. It should even top the list

1 Like

Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by potolistic(m): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
Story 4 d gods
Re: 10 Less Populated Courses But Lucurative . by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 25, 2015
Una shaa like to dey start fight woth these una posts

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know / Teacher Shocks Students With Jaw-dropping Outfit! / This What I Saw In Front Of Futminna (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.