Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December (8282 Views)

Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark / We Never Promised 5,000MW Of Power a Year To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / “Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by otokx(m): 8:55am On Aug 03, 2014
rozayx5:

you never graduate

No o, i want to create a record in the guiness book of world records.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by onoerime: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2014
I can't foresee nigerians enjoying steady electricity the forces behind it is just too much.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by omenka(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2014
The FG has successfully constituted itself into a huge joke!!!
Just look at these comments.

In 2013, 10,000 was promised.
Now they've reduced that target by half, and it also won't be delivered!!

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2014
otokx: Still no light in University of Port Harcourt and Aluu; this legacy debt being paid now will go a long way in ensuring GEJ will win the 2015 election. These people will not stop deceiving Nigerians.
that town is curse did you think anything good will come to that town after what they did to four innocent boys even if the whole nation have light Aluu will still be in darkness and you will still come here to remind us

1 Like

Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2014
dozzzybaba: my brother
This is the part i find troubling about Gej's administartion; always giving excuses and blaming others
hallmark of perpetual failure. Always making excuses.

3 Likes

Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by otokx(m): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2014
Ucheosefoh: that town is curse did you think anything good will come to that town after what they did to four innocent boys even if the whole nation have light Aluu will still be in darkness and you will still come here to remind us

Is it you that cursed Aluu? Please try harder, it will not work. Looks like you have partial blindness as you did not see that University of Port Harcourt also does not have light.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Shamsheen: 9:53am On Aug 03, 2014
Dont think this is the rightly time to pass judgement on this supposed plan to bail Nigeria and Nigerians out of this lingering darkness. Atleast let give them some benefit of doubt this time. This meeting or press conferenfce is just the right direction, my thought. All stakeholder role must be clearly define and respected for the dreamland to mterialised.
However, some question got to be answered with all purity, devoid of any sentiment, from those at the helm of governance. This includes but not limited to ;
-I thought there was a national gas master plan act of 2008 which has 3 anchored, and national supply obligation was the first objective addressed by the act. So, why is the act not yet performing on it own?
- The report claimed an interim or palliative measure. What happen if the pilot phase succeed or fails. What are the aftermath sustainable programme would the result rob off on?
- why 370mmcf/d? Why not higher than that? Diohink the gas demand for our power consumption should be more than that, consideing the present optimum running capacity, atleast maintenance has been carry on few, of the installed gas turbine the country has
-
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool:

I made front page...praise God.

It wasn't such an easy road, I encountered different obstacles, but still by God's grace i pulled it off.

Special thanks to my daddy and mommy for giving birth to such a wonderful child like me
Thanks to my brothers and sisters for their prayers and support in my life.
Thanks to my friends for support
Thanks to the mod that put me on FP
Thanks to seun for coming up with nairaland.
Thanks to telus for providing such an excellent service.
Thanks to all my haters for giving me good feedback allowing me to learn from my mistakes.
Thanks to all my fans here on nairaland for recognizing my presence anytime i come online, i promise to send you all a signed t-shirt as a token of my appreciation.

Regards
Donnypool
Na wa oo!
Dis one na pesin pikin so oo!
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Shamsheen: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2014
Dont think this is not the rightly time to pass judgement on this supposed plan to bail Nigeria and Nigerians out of this lingering darkness. Atleast let's give them some benefit of doubt this time. This meeting or press conferenfce is just the right direction, my thought. All stakeholder role must be clearly define and respected for the dreamland to mterialised.
However, some question got to be answered with all purity, devoid of any sentiment, from those at the helm of governance. This includes but not limited to ;
-I thought there was a national gas master plan act of 2008 which has 3 anchored, and national supply obligation was the first objective addressed by the act. So, why is the act not yet performing on it own?
- The report claimed an interim or palliative measure. What happen if the pilot phase succeed or fails. What are the aftermath sustainable programme would the result rob off on?
- why 370mmcf/d? Why not higher than that? Do think the gas demand for our power consumption should be more than that, consideing the present optimum running capacity, atleast maintenance has been carry on few, of the installed gas turbine the country has. Moreover, a supply of 370mmcf/d would yield 3mtpa which is far less than the 22mtpa NLNG is curently liquefying for export. and talkless of the additional 8mtpa billed for its ongoing brownfeed project of train 7.
- can we, all Nigeria, bank on this promise to yield positively?

We can only hope for the best for this country.
Meanwhile, Cant wait for Ayodele oni, the author of 'Nigeria elctric power sector- policy.law.negotiating stategy.business', who double as power-focused energy law and policy columnist for businessday newspaper to explain the pros and cons of this deal and what nigerians stand to benefit more from an experince, legal and economic view point.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Raymonbell(m): 11:05am On Aug 03, 2014
stop promising execute the project first....liars
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by arsetalks(m): 11:08am On Aug 03, 2014
They are promising yet again. If in few months from now, there is no 5,000 megawatts and we ask questions, GEJ apologists will come here abusing everyone and telling us how it takes time. Now you all hear them making promises that you and I know they can fulfill but will not fulfill cos they have no idea how.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by arsetalks(m): 11:11am On Aug 03, 2014
Shamsheen: Dont think this is not the rightly time to pass judgement on this supposed plan to bail Nigeria and Nigerians out of this lingering darkness. Atleast let's give them some benefit of doubt this time. This meeting or press conferenfce is just the right direction, my thought. All stakeholder role must be clearly define and respected for the dreamland to mterialised.
- why 370mmcf/d? Why not higher than that? Do think the gas demand for our power consumption should be more than that, consideing the present optimum running capacity, atleast maintenance has been carry on few, of the installed gas turbine the country has. Moreover, a supply of 370mmcf/d would yield 3mtpa which is far less than the 22mtpa NLNG is curently liquefying for export. and talkless of the additional 8mtpa billed for its ongoing brownfeed project of train 7.
- can we, all Nigeria, bank on this promise to yield positively?

We can only hope for the best for this country.
Meanwhile, Cant wait for Ayodele oni, the author of 'Nigeria elctric power sector- policy.law.negotiating stategy.business', who double as power-focused energy law and policy columnist for businessday newspaper to explain the pros and cons of this deal and what nigerians stand to benefit more from an experince, legal and economic view point.
Sorry mate but did you just say benefit of the doubt? Fool me once you are a fool, fool me twice I am a big fat fool. How many times have they made promises that they end up not fulfiling? Can you blame anyone who does not trust someone who has lied more than once?

I have no problem with GEJ ( my gross with is his lack of WILL power ) but he has shown that he can't be taken seriously on this power issue and insecurity.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by jpphilips(m): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/fg-adds-370m-gas-supply-generate-5000mw-december/

short term solution because election is around the corner, once over, we return to the darkness we are used to.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by jpphilips(m): 11:51am On Aug 03, 2014
iamord: 5000 mega watts at the cost of $370million Well I don't know about that cost but that amout will go a long to crub power Outages and increase output. But I hope its not another promise to score cheap points

Bingo!!

1 Like

Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by dangotegroup: 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
Register as a distributor and buy dangote cement at #1200 per bag or dangote rice at 6000 per bag. call sales manager RS Scheme 07069037705
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by COMPAQ(m): 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
The incompetence of the Jonathan led government is shocking! If i were the campaign or media leader of the APC, I'd be bringing our all of Jonathan's failures and missteps and flooding social media with it against 2015, which isn't too far away anymore.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Twik: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
Old news.! No b today we start to dey hear all this news.! I tink dey should luk 4 a new way to mis lead nigerians, as 4 me I don't buy dis!
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Twik: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
COMPAQ: The incompetence of the Jonathan led government is shocking! If i were the campaign or media leader of the APC, I'd be bringing our all of Jonathan's failures and missteps and flooding social media with it against 2015, which isn't too far away anymore.
..yes we know PDP is BAD..BUT APC is worst!!!!..GEJ Till 2019!!
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Joel3(m): 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
na today?

1 Like

Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by wrench: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Still surprises me how they go about making these promises when they know the previous once aint kept.. Are Nigerians that gullible?

1 Like

Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by abdullkabar(m): 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
Abegi......if this is a campaign strategy,am not buying it undecided
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Frankenstein: 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool: In a bid to address the shortfall of electricity supply being experienced in the country, the Federal Government has developed short term intervention
strategy to add 370mmcf/d gas supply that will push
up power generation capacity to 5,000 megawatts
within the next five years.
Fixed.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Shamsheen: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
Of a truth, you are right and moreso you av ur proof for pitching on that very disposition of yours and believe me you, I share in it. Even the holy book lent to support ur view that 'hope deferred maketh the heart faint. U really dont trust the govt, likewise do I, and hope the laguage of my post said it more. One thing you and I must understand is that not liking a person, due to unkept promise, doesnt meant that he is not doing his best to up himself to the standard of a game. His personal best might not just be the required benchmark. Honestly, this govt has to do more as regards her integrity.
However, failure of the govt to play it role standardly shd not allow sentiemnt to cloud our mind from not keeping abreast with the best and the worst she is doing. Know all the bit and pieces!
The leadership of tomorow start today. And this is by knowing what to change, how to change and where the changes gonna be when opportunity comes.

quote author=arsetalks] Sorry mate but did you just say benefit of the doubt? Fool me once you are a fool, fool me twice I am a big fat fool. How many times have they made promises that they end up not fulfiling? Can you blame anyone who does not trust someone who has lied more than once?

I have no problem with GEJ ( my gross with is his lack of WILL power ) but he has shown that he can't be taken seriously on this power issue and insecurity.[/quote]
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by obailala(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Shamsheen: Dont think this is the rightly time to pass judgement on this supposed plan to bail Nigeria and Nigerians out of this lingering darkness. Atleast let give them some benefit of doubt this time. This meeting or press conferenfce is just the right direction, my thought. All stakeholder role must be clearly define and respected for the dreamland to mterialised.
- why 370mmcf/d? Why not higher than that? Diohink the gas demand for our power consumption should be more than that, consideing the present optimum running capacity, atleast maintenance has been carry on few, of the installed gas turbine the country has
-
Benefit of doubt?... Just two questions for u...
1. are u a Nigerian?
2. if u are Nigerian, do u live or have u ever lived in Nigeria?
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by obailala(m): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Strangely, I expected to see drones of unrepentant GEJ/PDP apologists on this thread trying to convince us that our power problems would be truly over by December.. but instead it seems everyone here is united in the agreement that this is just another white-wash promise by government.. I guess power must be very important to everyone.. cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by SangoCrusader: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
This scheme cannot work so long as Diezani's hand is involved in it. That woman is worse than a leper, every ministry she has touched is plagued by corruption. We should send her to Sambisa forest! grin
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Reference(m): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

dozzybaba, its because the guy has since found our that Nigerians are pathetic tribal bigots and lazy denizens with amnesia. No matter how silly all these excuses sound, you would always have people who would support him. GEJ for now is invincible!

Not true. If a pop-poll is conducted today I doubt if GEJ will exceed 40%. He is and has been the most criticized leader since independence. People are opposing no doubt so don't blame his supporters because every leader has some support. We don't need every single Nigerian to oppose him for things to work or a new leader to emerge.

I think the problem with Nigeria is just the dearth of ideas, critical thinking across board that maintains the gap between our challenges and solutions on a wide variety of issues. You see a lot of complaints and criticisms offered but very few solutions and when you cannot out think your challenges it emboldens them. Unfortunately most Nigerians cannot rise above the quality of leaders they have.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
Frankenstein: Fixed.

is you that sabi
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Na wa oo!
Dis one na pesin pikin so oo!

nor dey rush oboy, i go sign your t-shirt send to you.
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by koning: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Just passing
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by tunde1200(m): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
Jokes of the day!
Re: FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dis dia megawatt tin starts and ends in the speech paper and later gets dumped in d dustbin. Dese same peeps promising u electricity r using big azz gen in dia aus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Pensioners Protest Non-Payment Of Entitlements (Pictures) / Atiku Abubakar: More Nigerians Poorer, Miserable Than They Were In 2015 / Who Are The Best Governors In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.