Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? (12608 Views)

Please I Need To Know If There Are Any Nigerians In Argentina And Chile / Are There Opportunity For Nigerian Migrant Wishing To Enter The Island Of Malta? / Any Nigerians In The Philippines? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by guttentag(m): 10:25am On Aug 03, 2014
My dear fellow Nairalanders, I am planning on relocating to Malta, please can somebody tell me about the country
I heard it is part of the EU countries

1 Like

Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 03, 2014
guttentag: My dear fellow Nairalanders, I am planning on relocating to Malta, please can somebody tell me about the country
I heard it is part of the EU countries

I've only visited the island and I hope my info might be useful to you.

My impression about Malta is that its a very small island, business activities may not be much profitable due to its tiny population (400,000). The weather is very good and even in winter, you can still do outdoor activities. English is one of the official language (after Maltese) and almost everyone speaks English there. In the summer, the island is trooped with tourist, its a beautiful small country and they have one of the best quality of life so far among EU. Maltese are easy to be friend, be positive and nice and it will be reciprocated back to you.

Getting a job in Malta is difficult, but possible and just like everyone else, they proritize their citizens first before others, the Nigerians I met there were mostly footballers and pastors cheesy but if you have a sustainable source of income and no residence permit issue (I assume), you will enjoy Malta.

smiley smiley
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by Butoneday2(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2014
grin grin Any wia u go if u no c Igbo man just quietly go back home.

11 Likes

Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by guttentag(m): 11:28am On Aug 03, 2014
Thank you so much @dehonestboss
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by Soldierboy30(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hi everyone am 23, an ssce holder I have been able to raise a good capital from mini-importation biz and am realy serching for the best options to migrate to, study and work or just work by december this year or febuary next year. I was thinking malaysia but it appears malaysia has been poluted. What's d cost of living in malta? How much does its visa processing cost, what's d lowest-to highst amount a job there can fetch u?
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by ericmor: 9:26am On Jul 18, 2016
dahonestboss:

I've only visited the island and I hope my info might be useful to you.

My impression about Malta is that its a very small island, business activities may not be much profitable due to its tiny population (400,000). The weather is very good and even in winter, you can still do outdoor activities. English is one of the official language (after Maltese) and almost everyone speaks English there. In the summer, the island is trooped with tourist, its a beautiful small country and they have one of the best quality of life so far among EU. Maltese are easy to be friend, be positive and nice and it will be reciprocated back to you.

Getting a job in Malta is difficult, but possible and just like everyone else, they proritize their citizens first before others, the Nigerians I met there were mostly footballers and pastors cheesy but if you have a sustainable source of income and no residence permit issue (I assume), you will enjoy Malta.

smiley smiley

Pls do u have any information on how to apply to the university in Malta and any do u know of anyone good for someone with Bsc to study? Thanks
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by Iykemilan: 4:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
Malta is really a nice place to live at the moment, Even Estonia too. I live in Lithuania and I have many friends in Malta.

2 Likes

Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by kgb101: 10:30am On May 13, 2018
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by Squirrel01: 10:44am On May 13, 2018
Iykemilan:
Malta is really a nice place to live at the moment, Even Estonia too. I live in Lithuania and I have many friends in Malta.

how is Lithuania with regards to job wise.
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by Tobezt10: 10:53am On Dec 03, 2018
Iykemilan:
I have just bn given admission for my M.sc in Malta, with d tuiton fee of €9000, I was thinking how would I cope with such amount, any idea pls
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by Arewa12: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
Tobezt10:
I have just bn given admission for my M.sc in Malta, with d tuiton fee of €9000, I was thinking how would I cope with such amount, any idea pls

9000€ I wonder how much bsc go con be self... you need a very strong financial backing and do research well if you re allowed to work while studying
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by stagger: 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2018
kgb101:

I am currently thinking about relocating to Malta with my family(My wife and 1 child). I have here paying 470,000 monthly but just got one in Malta to pay a Net monthly of €2,462. still thinking which is a better option. Basically how far can that salary go. don't want to live below how I currently live here.

Look at the big picture. What kind of future does your child and others to follow have here in Nigeria where the elite's children take all the juicy jobs in AMCON, CBN and other govt parastatals? Make the move and work towards securing your PR after 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by Chukdobz20: 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
Tobezt10:

How is life in Malta
Re: Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? by okerekingsley90: 10:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
How is Malta in 2023. Are there Nigerians living there. What are the downsides and upsides in terms of general living.

(1) (Reply)

Which Bank Still Gives PTA As Cash-Urgent Please / How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? / Traffic Advice For Road Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.