Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! (5761 Views)

Meet One Of The Youngest Bloggers (join Young Bloggers Forum) / Meet The One Of The Youngest Webmaster/designer In Nigeria / How To Become A Successful Blogger In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Orikinla(m): 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2006
The youngest blogger in Nigeria is only 13!
Eunice Alasa is blogging from Lagos.

http://catchanimals..com/
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by gigitte(f): 7:40am On Jul 21, 2006
duh but how did u know she'z the youngest?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Olumide7(m): 9:25am On Jul 21, 2006
Big lie, my cousin is only 10 and he is a blogger and he is based in Nigeria
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Orikinla(m): 11:51am On Jul 21, 2006
Olumide, post the link to your cousin's blog and let me confirm it.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by retro(f): 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2006
There are many young bloggers. 13 is too old.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by brainyme: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2006
Her blog is nice
she blogs science

@Retro
If there are so many young bloggers older than 13 why dont u paste the link right here?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by retro(f): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2006
brainyme:

@Retro
If there are so many young bloggers older than 13 why don't u paste the link right here?

I am a blogger (not on blogger.com) and I'm 18. I consider myself as a young girl. And no, I won't paste the link to my blog.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by brainyme: 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2006
retro:

I am a blogger (not on blogger.com) and I'm 18. I consider myself as a young girl. And no, I won't paste the link to my blog.

I am also 18 and no I will not also post the link to my blog
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by retro(f): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2006
Lmfao! So, why did you ask me in the first place?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by brainyme: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2006
retro:

Lmfao! So, why did you ask me in the first place?

U obviously need to read my posts again
this is what I said

brainyme:

Her blog is nice
she blogs science

@Retro
If there are so many young bloggers older than 13 why don't u paste the link right here?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by retro(f): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2006
brainyme:

U obviously need to read my posts again
this is what I said

I said that 13 is too old to be the youngest. I've seen 11/12 year old bloggers. Then you said:
brainyme:

@Retro
Then I said;
retro:

Do you understand me?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by brainyme: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2006
You still dont understand
You said
retro:

There are many young bloggers. 13 is too old.

and I said

brainyme:

Her blog is nice
she blogs science

@Retro

What I virtually meant by this was
since u know there are younger bloggers
why dont u paste the link to their blogs?
I didnt say U shud paste the link to urs
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by retro(f): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2006
Oh, then your post was wrong. It should have been;

brainyme:

@Retro

If there are so many young bloggers YOUNGER than 13, why don't you paste the links right here? Because I'm a blogger who's older than 13.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by carmelily: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2006
@retro and brainyme:

u thot of starting the "i said, then u said, then i said" thread yet?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by retro(f): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2006
No, not yet.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by carmelily: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2006
nice 1, retro! smiley
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Seun(m): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2006
Bloggers who will not post their links should kindly keep quiet. You'll be banned if caught fighting.

http://catchanimals..com/ content sadly isn't original. Use www.copyscape.com on it and see.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Orikinla(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2006
I just want to encourage more Nigerians to embrace the blogosphere and bridge the huge gap between us and the rest of the world. As at present, over 49 million Americans read blogs daily. And there are over 24 million blogs in America alone. Forums and blogs are vehicles for mass literacy.

If you can use a cellphone you can blog.

God bless.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Seun(m): 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2006
I admire your initiative. What are the benefits of blogging for young people?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Orikinla(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2006
Blogging will be motivating them to broaden the scope of their knowledge in active readership and scholarship. Like teachers are now using blogs as teaching tools. My friend Edmonton's blog Did You Know on http://universalfacts..com is a beneficial edcational blog and there is another blog specifically on improving the knowledge of animals. Of course, there is the blog for school children to rate their teachers. And the emergence of these blogs have made teachers and parents to be more proactive.

Parents are also encouraged to read blogs to know what their children are blogging about or are reading on other blogs.

"I think it’s the most beautiful tool of the world and it allows us the most magic thing, "
—Florence Dassylva-Simard, fifth-grade student

Personally, blogging has helped me to focus on my literary development as I network with my fellow writers through blogs and I have been using blogs to promote my duly registered Nigerian publishing company by creating blogs to promote and market various books successfully. Three blogs for the three books of a Nigerian author and one blog for my own book. And more literary blogs are coming, because Nigerian authors are now asking me to create blogs for their books. The Nigerian author I created blogs for had over 500,000 unique visits in three months.

I have found my niche.

What is a blog?
Web log.
It is a tool for the advancement of human knowledge.   

See the following:
Exploring the use of blogs as learning spaces in the higher education sector
JB Williams, J Jacobs - Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 2004 - jeremybwilliams.net
Educational Blogging - group of 2
http://www.educause.edu/pub/er/erm04/erm0450.asp?bhcp=1%20

1 Like

Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Afam(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2006
Orikinla,

I am with you on this. One cannot quantify the many advantages of reading and expanding one's horizon.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Seun(m): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2006
Can't they equally read, write and expand their horizons through forums like Nairaland?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Orikinla(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2006
Seun,
You like to blow your trumpet!

Celebrate yourself. cheesy
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Orikinla(m): 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2006
Here is the link to another Nigerian child blogging. Her name is Adannma Olisa and she is also 13.
http://adaandanimals..com/

The beautiful ones are being born before our very eyes.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by carmelily: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2006
u have a beautiful heart, orikinla! smiley
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Panache(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2006
I just hope and pray that they are blogging safely! Teenage bloggers are really a target of predators in the Western world. Thank God for web police. Do we have any in the naija web space.
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by brainyme: 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2006
Orikinla:

I wonder!

If the poster has read the book, why not tell us about it?

I don't like lazy posters.

Orikinla can U log on to Gmail pls
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Hotstepper(f): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2006
am still wondering what this blog thingy is all about, is it where people write jorunals or sumthing of that nature? is there any prize attached to it cuz I can see sum ppl figthing embarassed I need an answer plz embarassed
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Orikinla(m): 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2006
Hotstepper,
Blogging 101 is available online and for serious citizen journalism through blogging you can see http://citizenjournalistsassociationofng..com

Leave those who are wrangling alone.

We call it flaming in the blogsphere. grin
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by Zahymaka(m): 5:36am On Aug 18, 2006
I wonder why the two youngest bloggers are both 13, female and blog only about animals. Aren't there more interesting things? undecided
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by brainyme: 10:45am On Sep 01, 2006
But all the same its cool to have a blog

I started mine in April and today I have 6,936 Visits recorded in my stats.

Blogging is a nice way to pass information to those who dont know
Its also a way of getting acquainted to other people who share ur own
views about things of the world.

But to be a prolific blogger, U need what I will call TIME and a FAST
INTERNET CONNECTION.

@Hotstepper,
Does this answer ur question?
Re: The Youngest Blogger In Nigeria Is Only 13! by ladex142(m): 7:15am On Sep 23, 2006
The youngest blogger in Nigeria is only 13!
Eunice Alasa is blogging from Lagos.
Lier, ma 5 year old brother is a Blogger and he also can speak 6 different language, tell me how can he be the youngest. lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Just joking, just jokiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing o, before u guys start to attack me kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Developed Konga.com / 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT / How To Optimize Images For Better Search Engine Rankings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.