Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Is The Good News ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Good News ? (997 Views)

The Good News / The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. / Please Tell Me Why The Good Die Young (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Good News ? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
Some say it is Jesus's death, burial and resurrection, others say it is deliverance from sin while others say it is the promise of heaven when we die.

I give you a clue : Jesus preached the good news even before his death , burial and resurrection.

So what is the good news ?
Re: What Is The Good News ? by PastorKun(m): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
The good news promised by Jesus is of the coming Kingdom of God and the promise of eternal life to all genuine believers.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Good News ? by HFOG(f): 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
PastorKun: The good news promised by Jesus is of the coming Kingdom of God and the promise of eternal life to all genuine believers.
Would there be a promise of life eternal if Jesus didn't come, die and resurrect?
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
As PastorKun said, the Good News is the coming Kingdom of God here on earth and not in Heaven. In this kingdom the citizens will receive eternal life.

Read Daniel 7.
Re: What Is The Good News ? by HFOG(f): 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel: As PastorKun said, the Good News is the coming Kingdom of God here on earth and not in Heaven. In this kingdom the citizens will receive eternal life.

Read Daniel 7.
You didn't answer my question sir.
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
HFOG:
You didn't answer my question sir.

There will be no promise of eternal life if Jesus Christ did not resurrect.
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Goshen360(m): 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
Frosbel,

The gospel is one at a given time (dispensation). You have to study what it is at each dispensation and what it is now.

The central theme of the gospel is the too good to be true news of God.

I'm interested in this discussion.
Re: What Is The Good News ? by HFOG(f): 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

There will be no promise of eternal life if Jesus Christ did not resurrect.
Okay sir. Doesn't that imply that His death and resurrection is also good news?
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
HFOG:
Okay sir. Doesn't that imply that His death and resurrection is also good news?

Of course, but it is only part of the good news, the overall good news is the coming of a new kingdom here on earth ( not heaven ) where Jesus will reign as King and there will be no more wars, death, sickness, sorrow , weeping etc.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Good News ? by Goshen360(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Frosbel,

Let's do some troubleshooting here:

God a forehand preached the gospel to Abraham.

What gospel was it that was preached to Abraham? The one that Jesus preached or the death, burial and resurrection of Christ?
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Goshen360: Frosbel,

Let's do some troubleshooting here:

God a forehand preached the gospel to Abraham.

What gospel was it that was preached to Abraham? The one that Jesus preached or the death, burial and resurrection of Christ?

Hmm, Trick Question, I don't have all the answers bro. Help me out.
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 04, 2014
Another mention of this gospel :

Daniel 2:44 Revised Standard Version (RSV)

" And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall its sovereignty be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand for ever;"
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Goshen360(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
^ First, I don't see mention of the word "gospel" in that verse

Second, I'm trying to help you get to a point where you can see or consider that, ONE message is given and preached at every time of God's dealing with people and that ONE message which is called the gospel (too good to be true news from God). I have given you a point reference, beginning with Abraham. Let's move to another one, that is, people that the gospel was preached to.

Hebrews 3:16-4:5. King James Version (KJV)

16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?

18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Here ^ above, we read, the gospel was also preached to people of Israel. Question: What gospel was preached to them? The same that is preached to the church of Christ? Because I understand the church is not Israel but Israel is part of the church and I also know what was preached to Israel. So what gospel was it? If you can identify what was preached to Israel then look into it and find out if it is the same with what is being preached to us, the church today.

We're going step-by-step.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Good News ? by mployer(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
Goshen360: Frosbel,

The gospel is one at a given time (dispensation). You have to study what it is at each dispensation and what it is now.

The central theme of the gospel is the too good to be true news of God.

I'm interested in this discussion.
lol @ too good to be true
Re: What Is The Good News ? by mployer(m): 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel: Another mention of this gospel :

Daniel 2:44 Revised Standard Version (RSV)

" And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall its sovereignty be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand for ever;"
Take this your Jehova witness message somewhere else and stop deceiving true christians
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
mployer:
Take this your Jehova witness message somewhere else and stop deceiving true christians

are you a true Christian ?
Re: What Is The Good News ? by HFOG(f): 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel:

are you a true Christian ?
I was expecting you to stay focused and respond to the question Goshen360 asked.
Re: What Is The Good News ? by JesusisLord85: 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel: As PastorKun said, the Good News is the coming Kingdom of God here on earth and not in Heaven. In this kingdom the citizens will receive eternal life.

Read Daniel 7.

Acts 1:6 "When they therefore were come together , they asked of him, saying , Lord , wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"

Lol, the Christians must really wrestle with this one.

The bad news was Israel was divorced from covenant, and some of Judah too and were scattered among the nations.
The good news is, the Messiah died and rose again, and thus they could come back into the covenant with the Most High. The coming Kingdom was known about by the patriachs.
Israel (true Israel, which includes the Yoruba) shall be restored to her land, and the gentiles who led us into captivity, shall surely go into captivity. Only one third of Israel shall enter the Kingdom. The two thirds shall perish, saith the scriptures.

I hope you people will run from oyinbo christianity, and come back to the ways of your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Shalom
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Goshen360(m): 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
mployer:
lol @ too good to be true

Yes, that's the slogan behind the "goodnews" when it was preached to the people in bible days. That is, that news is too good and the people were doubting if it is true, from God.
Re: What Is The Good News ? by Goshen360(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Acts 1:6 "When they therefore were come together , they asked of him, saying , Lord , wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"

Lol, the Christians must really wrestle with this one.

The bad news was Israel was divorced from covenant, and some of Judah too and were scattered among the nations.
The good news is, the Messiah died and rose again, and thus they could come back into the covenant with the Most High. The coming Kingdom was known about by the patriachs.
Israel (true Israel, which includes the Yoruba) shall be restored to her land, and the gentiles who led us into captivity, shall surely go into captivity. Only one third of Israel shall enter the Kingdom. The two thirds shall perish, saith the scriptures.

I hope you people will run from oyinbo christianity, and come back to the ways of your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Shalom

Abeg, comot for here if you have nothing to say. What kingdom you talking about? Isn't the kingdom of God within YOU already?
Re: What Is The Good News ? by mployer(m): 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goshen360:

Yes, that's the slogan behind the "goodnews" when it was preached to the people in bible days. That is, that news is too good and the people were doubting if it is true, from God.
I know.
It still sounds too good to be true till date.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Good News ? by JesusisLord85: 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
mployer:
I know.
It still sounds too good to be true till date.

LMAO grin
So-called christians sha crack me up
Re: What Is The Good News ? by mployer(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
JesusisLord85:

LMAO grin
So-called christians sha crack me up
What exactly is cracking you up on that comment?
you profess Jesus in your moniker but deny him in your comments
Re: What Is The Good News ? by nep2ra(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
Re: What Is The Good News ? by JesusisLord85: 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
mployer:
What exactly is cracking you up on that comment?
you profess Jesus in your moniker but deny him in your comments

Please tell me sir, how do I deny Yahshua?
Re: What Is The Good News ? by JesusisLord85: 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
Goshen360:

Abeg, comot for here if you have nothing to say. What kingdom you talking about? Isn't the kingdom of God within YOU already?
Zechariah 14:16-18

16“And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith t[b]he Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles[/b].”

Isaiah 14:2 "And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors"

Rejoice. We shall possess them as servants. You may have forgotten what the nations did to our ancestors. Most recently, those of us they carried off to the Americas. But the Most High shall repay them.

Shalom

(1) (Reply)

Accommodation Needed For Shiloh / For Those Of U Still Commiting Sin !read This! / The Islamic Eid al-Mawlid Copycat From Christian Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.