Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,717 members, 7,809,713 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1806896 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Cooladex(m): 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello all, Please who can help ascertain the authenticity of this invite. Thanks for the help.

Dear Applicant,

You are hereby invited for an interview at our office on Thursday, 3rd of August 2017. Please come with a copy of your CV

Office Address: 1686B Oladele Olashore street off Sanusi Fafunwa VI, Lagos.

Time: 10am

Thank you.
Show quoted

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by owenblack: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Due to your response on our vacancy post on facebook, Max Global Engeneering) you have been shotlisted for an interview on Thursday 3rd of August 2017 by 9am @ No 11, Monilola Oyeyinka Street, Off Ajibade Babatola junction, Ajao Estate Airport Road, Lagos State. Come with your CV Help Line 08175762083, pls who can help me to authenticate this interview, thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by firdouz: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
Cooladex:
Hello all, Please who can help ascertain the authenticity of this invite. Thanks for the help.

Dear Applicant,

You are hereby invited for an interview at our office on Thursday, 3rd of August 2017. Please come with a copy of your CV

Thank you . By putting the address on Google.. I got Nerdic consult. It should be a recruiting firm
Show quoted
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by agba1900: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
A reputable media organisation in Nigeria requires the services of active, result-oriented marketers.
Qualifications: Minimum of HND or BSC in Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Mass Communication or related fields.
Applicants must have a minimum of five years experience in a related job.
CVs and applications should be forwarded within three days to: rdentries1@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by boukky23: 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
[quote author=firdouz post=59085425][/quote][quote
Got the same message too. Pls they are real right?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Prestigemike: 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
pls i got an invite from ARM life pls who has info about them.....hope it not marketing without salary... i need an answer pls the interview is tomao
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by olabuk02(f): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sa$e here too tomoro wanna knw if it's Nt marketing
Prestigemike:
pls i got an invite from ARM life pls who has info about them.....hope it not marketing without salary... i need an answer pls the interview is tomao
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uzomanny(m): 2:53am On Aug 03, 2017
dphaullp:
They are 100% real. Schleez limited is real, if you are invited for the interview go and honour it. i was there it all went well. I wonder what some people call fake.
Schleez limited is very very real.
i got a job there too.
i wish you all the best good luck.

You must be one of their staff angry

How on earth will one honour an interview that will end up wasting one's precious time and money?

An interview that cajoles job seekers to pay #9,600 for a job they are yet to get?

I don't blame you guys at all,its all these fake job sites that we have everywhere that you people have laised with thats making you have tonnes of email addresses and phone numbers to deceive many and siphon them of their hard earned money

I blame the failed system we find ourselves in that has not put people like you and your organization where they belong

Keep on deceiving many with your invites

He that has ear,let him hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Lanre12388: 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2017

After careful review; HR invite you for an interview; 04/08/2017 by 9am @ (EUGENIA HALL); 16, Ondo Str, Ebute Meta West, Apapa Rd, Costain, Lagos. SDTB/ MGT
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ladoney(f): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lanre12388:

After careful review; HR invite you for an interview; 04/08/2017 by 9am @ (EUGENIA HALL); 16, Ondo Str, Ebute Meta West, Apapa Rd, Costain, Lagos. SDTB/ MGT

Fake
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by klinsoul22: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
Cooladex:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you.
Show quoted
. hello did you go to the interview and how was it, mine was scheduled for tomorrow
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dizney07(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
Join JOB4ALL via whatsapp link

https:///DEzLhdvv0NCKpm3LYgXR2n

*Kindly Rebroadcast to help others*

Thanks

Admin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Lanre12388: 1:37am On Aug 04, 2017
its not working ...
dizney07:
Join JOB4ALL via whatsapp link

Thanks

Admin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ayoco123: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2017
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Good day, your Part-time Support Officer application has been reviewed and you are to report at SN Limited office by 9am on Monday 7th August 2017 with your Cv and 1 passport for an assessment interview.
Venue: 6th floor of brown tall building opposite Rikaz shopping plaza, by salvation bus stop, Opebi allen, Ikeja, Lagos.For more inquiries,pls call the admin on contact 09055513977
Your Identification code is Ref: 0040/SN

That's the message I got. Please Is it real
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by belcom10(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2017
Pls someone should help to authenticate this ;I just got the message now.

Fortune Careers Ltd invites you for career chat by 9am on Sat 05/08/17 @192,Ikorodu Rd,beside First Bank,Palmgrove Lagos 081-5184-0437 FC/MI/DD4 http:///n89
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Adeola012: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hi guys
Please has does anyone know anything about universal work link? Didn't really get anything tangible on google. Their website looks believeable tho. Got a mail from them regarding a possible job offer.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hello Everyone, Pls how Authentic is this... ?

Dear Applicant,

In response to your application for the advertised job
position of a customer service representative, you have been
considered for an aptitude test and oral interview with A C GROUP
NIGERIA INC. which has been scheduled for MONDAY 7TH AUGUST 2017,
the interview will start exactly 9:00 am be punctual.

Please bring original copies of your credentials, resume(hard copy)
two passports with you to the interview @ No 95 Fadeyi Road, Fadeyi bus stop Opposite Nigeria travel agency, Lagos state Nigeria.

Please Note: The interview session will include written and oral test.

Be punctual, as lateness will not be condoned
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Cooladex(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2017
Please who knows anything about this company?

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by slumbillionaire: 9:12am On Aug 05, 2017
I likewise received it, but I don't know how real it is....
May God help us.....

Good day, your Part-time Support Officer application has been reviewed and you are to report at SN Limited office by 9am on Monday 7th August 2017 with your Cv and 1 passport for an assessment interview.
Venue: 6th floor of brown tall building opposite Rikaz shopping plaza, by salvation bus stop, Opebi allen, Ikeja, Lagos.For more inquiries,pls call the admin on contact 09055513977
Your Identification code is Ref: 0040/SN

That's the message I got. Please Is it real [/quote]

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by slumbillionaire: 9:14am On Aug 05, 2017
PLEASE HOUSE IS THIS REAL [/color][color=#990000]
GOOD DAY,
your application has been reviewed and you are to report at SN Limited OFFICE,
TIME:
9am on Mon Aug 7th 2017 with your CV and 1 passport for an assessment interview.
Venue:
6th floor of brown tall building, 65 L,monarch plaza opposite Rikaz shopping plaza, off salvation bus/stop, Opebi allen, Ikeja, Lagos.
For more inquires, pls call the admin on (08178802854).
Your ID is REF/010/SN
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dphaullp: 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
i really don't have to be one of their staff to to say what i know about them.
Schleez Limited is 100% real company
I just checked thru your profile and posts now and detected that u have received many job invitation all u do is defame companies.
U said they ask u to pay money at the end, at the end of what ?
Why not ask them why u have to pay money, then see the reason if its genuine before u conclude, asking u to pay money is not what counts, but why.
Maybe u should actually pay the money if u have it then see what comes next, then dig down deep to see what u call fake. u then will discover that u are wrong.

I dont see any reasonable person who will spend money to acquire an establishment that will be doing nothing, or be inviting people to come and go just for nothing.
Uzomanny,obynotrice and co. you guys need to get your facts right.
Schleez Limited is a legit company.
I also read that Gtbank is fake, Jesus is fake, TB joshua is fake, only people with no future ambition will be calling other people fake, check yourself, how real you have been.

uzomanny:

You must be one of their staff angry

How on earth will one honour an interview that will end up wasting one's precious time and money?

An interview that cajoles job seekers to pay #9,600 for a job they are yet to get?

I don't blame you guys at all,its all these fake job sites that we have everywhere that you people have laised with thats making you have tonnes of email addresses and phone numbers to deceive many and siphon them of their hard earned money

I blame the failed system we find ourselves in that has not put people like you and your organization where they belong

Keep on deceiving many with your invites

He that has ear,let him hear
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pastorgrace: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2017
Ride on dphaullp, tell them, real men don't defame others, they dont bring other men down, they say and write positive things about others.
Schleez Limited is very real, i have been there, i can testify.

dphaullp:
i really don't have to be one of their staff to to say what i know about them.
Schleez Limited is 100% real company
I just checked thru your profile and posts now and detected that u have received many job invitation all u do is defame companies.
U said they ask u to pay money at the end, at the end of what ?
Why not ask them why u have to pay money, then see the reason if its genuine before u conclude, asking u to pay money is not what counts, but why.
Maybe u should actually pay the money if u have it then see what comes next, then dig down deep to see what u call fake. u then will discover that u are wrong.

I dont see any reasonable person who will spend money to acquire an establishment that will be doing nothing, or be inviting people to come and go just for nothing.
Uzomanny,obynotrice and co. you guys need to get your facts right.
Schleez Limited is a legit company.
I also read that Gtbank is fake, Jesus is fake, TB joshua is fake, only people with no future ambition will be calling other people fake, check yourself, how real you have been.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Youngadvocate(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
Please, help. Are these people real.

I visited their website. But not convinced of their genuineness with a Saturday interview.

Here is the message they sent:
Sequel to your application for employment with Deslog Energy Services Limited for the position of Marketer, you have been invited for an interview by 1pm tomorrow Saturday 5th August 2017at No 2 Sanyaolu street by Oregun bus stop, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
slumbillionaire:
PLEASE HOUSE IS THIS REAL [/color][color=#990000]
GOOD DAY,
your application has been reviewed and you are to report at SN Limited OFFICE,
TIME:
9am on Mon Aug 7th 2017 with your CV and 1 passport for an assessment interview.
Venue:
6th floor of brown tall building, 65 L,monarch plaza opposite Rikaz shopping plaza, off salvation bus/stop, Opebi allen, Ikeja, Lagos.
For more inquires, pls call the admin on (08178802854).
Your ID is REF/010/SN
fake!!!dont bother,save your transport
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by eltkins(m): 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2017
Cooladex:
Please who knows anything about this company?
.Evening, Coladex got d same message, from d same company, av u tried calling
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dizney07(m): 4:53am On Aug 07, 2017
Join Job4All via whatsapp link

Thanks

Admin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by christay(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
Succes4real:
Sequel to your application, HR invites you for Job Briefing (ACR GROUP), Monday (31/7/17), 9:am Venue: 95, Ikorodu Expressway Road, Fadeyi Bus-stop, close to Yaba/Ojuelegba area of Lagos State, Nigeria. Come with your printed hardcover CV with two PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS. We look forward to seeing you. 
Best Regards. COME WITH THIS MESSAGE AS REFERENCE.
The Human Resources Desk 08084082421 HR/ADMIN

pls is this genuine. Thanks

Dat ACR na confirm scam company ooo. Guys pls beware. They send u mail to come for job interview only for you to get there and they start demanding you pay 7,800 for some rubbish stuff.i am just coming frm there. Will advise you guys to pls ignore any mails from them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.