Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? (10427 Views)

Missing ABU-Zaria Student Found Dead - Babangida Ruma / Robbers Of Mohammed Babangida's Wife's Car Arrested In Katsina / I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by alheri(f): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2006
Exactly odeku! Mr Big b, Vasta was not a coup plotter, Gen Bali just confirmed He was wrongly accused, pls get your facts right. No proper investigations were carried out and why were they executed secretly which isnt the case normally?

All those invovled should answer, not just IBB. But if he was the leader at that time, He should be man enough to own up to the consequencies of his decisions.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Odeku(m): 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2006
Well IBB was the comanding officer of Nigeria and he gave directives that this people should be killed, they were already order to be killed before the trial so IBB must fences up to his ill vindictive saga
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by bigB3: 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2006
Odeku and Alheri: where are you guys from?, This is Nigeria and Nigerians we are talking about, Trust me, Vesta's family has been invited to bring up this issue at this time, and Mr president is happy to entertain the case.
Yes, you guys are right, this is an on going case, but don't be blindfolded and don't get it twisted, OBJ doesn't care about Vasta or his family, This group of people are more or less another source of tool or another political game designed by the president to bring down IBB, I just can't wait for these childish games to be over. Mr president needs to clean his ass before accusing the next man as being dirty.

Again, my prayer goes to Vasta's family, but I refuse to be brainwashed by the president and his vindictive behavior.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Odeku(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2006
so bib B are you saying we should allow IBB to context for the election and we all know what that outcome will be. I support any means possible to block IBB, BUHARI, and SHAGARI from ever ruling Nigeria, they had their chance and the messed up.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by bigB3: 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2006
ODEKU: When are you going to realize that it doesn't matter who rules Nigeria, Nigeria will never be the same she used to be back in those beautiful days for a very very long time. But at the moment, there is no need to waste time with another joker; IBB is the answer, Let him come back and correct all his mistakes.
He has the strength, experience, charisma and well respected enough to get the job done effectively and efficiently.

I do not support or condone all his ways, especially the old ones; but I'm confident that he will perform for the people of Nigeria this time, Placing someone else in this position at this time is like trying to teach a month old baby how to walk to the kitchen to feed himself.
Nigeria as a country needs an emergency surgery and the only one to perform a successful one will be IBB.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Odeku(m): 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2006
OK, I am done talking about this, are you for real? IBB should be put against the Way and shot to death for his atrocities, and that is all I have to say
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Odeku(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2006
Or moreover, IBB should be treated like Samuel though, this is a man that ruled Nigeria for 8 years and never mention corruption, dude there is a website devoted to IBB its called against IBB. Goggle that site and you will find all you need to know about your HERO
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by alheri(f): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2006
Mr. Big B, whether the vasta family are been engineered to bring up this issue or not is not the case here. The point is, is there an issue to bring up? Do they have a rigt to clarification on thier father's execution? Besides, did they conduct the interview where Gen Bali(who is por-IBB by the way) opened his big mouth to confess what they did? Look, your sins will always come to hunt you. So whether OBJ is happy or instigating them now is by the way as far as am concerned, but ask yourself, why has IBB himself not come out to deny or confirm the allegation?

I am not an OBJ fan, never have been. On the other hand, I have always liked IBB but I feel if he wants our mandate, He should come clean about certain things and stop pretending they never happened. That is very callous as far as am concerned.

And I beg to disagree, it does matter who rules Nigeria. If IBB is sincere then He should answer to the people. He had an oppurtunity during the oputa panel to set alot of things straight but he felt too big and even went to court to challenge thier right to invite him. Now he wants the people's mandate! HAAA!
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Odeku(m): 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2006
EMMM interesting, and thia are the people trying to rule us, IBB seems to forget Nigerians today are more educated compare to last time he left office, we use computer and emails now to get our message accrose.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Jackal(m): 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2006
@ Odeku,
OBJ is the man responsible for this new twist and u should have known that by now.
The people around OBJ are doing everything humanly possible to clog the wheels of IBB but it won't work.
A coup plotter is punishable by death and every military officer knows this so why over-flog this issue?

Maybe the Kutis should take OBJ to court as well for raiding Kalakutta and killing Fela's mum as a result.
I can't believe Nairalanders are tagging along with whatever bullsh*t the present administration feeds them with.
IBB brought OBJ from his misery into power and he will knock him out of it in style.

Vatsa, Dele Giwa and Ejigbo air-crash will definitely kick dusts but it is not enough to bring IBB down.
We are dealing with a genius that has got the most diabolical and devious mind the world is yet to see.
IBB wants to contest because he knows he will WIN. If there's any 1% doubt he might fail then he won't even declare any ambition.
He is an evil genius-He sees things before it comes.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Odeku(m): 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2006
jackal what tribe are you from In Nigeria? and when was the last time you've been to Nigeria?
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Jackal(m): 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2006
I am Yoruba, stay in Lagos, and was in Nigeria last christmas.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Odeku(m): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2006
are you sure you are a Yoruba man and you speak of IBB like this? I go to Nigeria twice a year, and all I see is destruction that IBB left, I'm still appalled at your notes, but you are entitle to your opinion as well, I am a Yoruba boy as well, raised in Jos but lived in Lagos all my Tenage years. and I still remember like it was yesterday.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by bagoma(f): 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2006
i am amazed at how shallow our memories are.
people tend to forget so easily.
i remember how we all rejoiced as a nation when the evil bastard IBB decided to step down.
for the same people to turn around and praise this evil man is simply beyond me.
even my colleagues at work seems to fancy his return. they claim he's a chop-i-chop leader, which to them is a perfect setup since everyone is corrupt, they say.
it beats my imagination everytime i hear such.

jackal
for you to dismiss the killings of dele giwa, (i'm not even going to mention vasta here) military officers in the ejigbo plane crash as a mere dust incapable of thwarting the evil ambitions of IBB is simply unbelievable. shocked
let me ask you this, what is the value of a single human life

how can we forget so soon?   angry oh how i lament for this country.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by bagoma(f): 11:40pm On Aug 22, 2006
@ topic,
yes coup plotting in a military era is an offence punishable by death.
but was the evidence against vasta conclusive? i dont think so?
on the other hand, was he completely innocent? i dont think so.

if i was Vasta, will i even entertain the thought of plotting against my best friend? NO!
if i was IBB will i kill my best friend under any circumstance? NO!

like IBB admitted(from the story), there's more to the both of them than surface friendship.
perhaps its more like a tale of unhealthy rivalry and deep seated envy.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Jackal(m): 9:53am On Aug 23, 2006
@ Bagoma.

Thanx for the question.
The premium value of a single human life is priceless but are we very sure IBB killed Dele Giwa?
Investigations are inconclusive and i dunno why everyone feels IBB is the main culprit. What if he wasn't?
I want u to know these politicians are all the same except one thing-IBB's intelligence.
IBB is the smartest of all the Presidents we have had and i believe he is the only freak that can change Nigeria positively.

OBJ's hands were not clean too before he came to power.
Was OBJ not responsible for killing Fela Ransome Kuti's mum? Why are we not talking about that?
What about the abuse of human rights on his farm at Ota?
Who ordered the execution of a whole village(Odi) in 1999? OBJ commited genocide when he ordered soldiers to bring Odi down where thousands of lives and properties were lost.
I can go on and on but lets leave OBJ's evil deeds for now cos his time is already up.
Posterity will judge OBJ in the next few years and we will still come back here and discuss it. grin

@ Odeku
I am Yoruba to the very core but i aint a tribalist zealot.
The fact that i am Yoruba does not mean i cannot support IBB or Ojukwu. or Pat Utomi.
Looking at all the Presidential candidates, IBB is the only dude capable of turning things around.
IBB has the overall qualities of a leader and he is strong and firm enough to rule a complex country like Nigeria.
His past government failed because it was a military government which the international community were not even interested in.
Should he get to power now, he will make Nigeria a better place to live in and restructure all the dirts and scums OBJ and his goons had left behind.
I will use this medium to advise u to join the winning camp now before its too late. grin grin grin
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Hugoboi(m): 10:03am On Aug 23, 2006
but are we very sure IBB killed Dele Giwa?

USE YOUR HEAD!!!!

OBJ's hands were not clean too before he came to power.
Was OBJ not responsible for killing Fela Ransome Kuti's mum? Why are we not talking about that?
What about the abuse of human rights on his farm at Ota?
Who ordered the execution of a whole village(Odi) in 1999? OBJ commited genocide when he ordered soldiers to bring Odi down where thousands of lives and properties were lost.
I can go on and on but lets leave OBJ's evil deeds for now because his time is already up.
Posterity will judge OBJ in the next few years and we will still come back here and discuss it

TRUE!!!!

am Yoruba to the very core but i aint a tribalist zealot

I DOUBT!!! HISTORY PROVES OTHAWISE!!

IBB is the only dude capable of turning things around

THATS 4 SURE!!!!!
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Odeku(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2006
Hugoboi , jackal Mark my word and read my lips IBB will never rule Nigeria again, you can take that to the bank and cash it, he had 8 years to replenish Nigeria and show us how strong of a leader he was. He is nothing but a dictator and scumbag the enriched his family and associates at the extent of every Nigerians. Remember Maradona the soccer player retired and he doesn't score goals any more, so tell IBB to set himself on fire, cause we don't want him. and as for Dele Giwa case, do you recall Gloria Okon case that was linked to Mariam? ha ha ha .
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by drokiri(m): 11:00am On Aug 24, 2006
IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY THINGS ARE , THEN CHANGE IT"

visit

http://www.againstbabangida.com./

and tell others
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by princeonx: 4:15am On Sep 11, 2007
Don't know who Vatsa is/was but IBB should be tried for being alive!
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by chidichris(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2007
the question here is surposed to be if vasta actually planned a coup. if the answer is yes, then we have to ask ourselves what is the punishment for a failed coup attempt in the military of which vasta was a part.
if there is another important question, it shld be, what will vasta do if he was in ibb's position?
who is here to tell me that if vasta in the process of looking for power sees a way to eliminate ibb, he will spare him.
we will not die for sympathy especially when a coup is a desperate act and vasta himself knew the thread he wanted to start.
in coup, lives and properties are lost so anyone who has the mind to plan a coup have decided on all the possibilities and been a good poet wld not have been any reason to spare a man with a gun wanting to kill others.
is vasta daeth the only controversial death in the history of nigeria? we know all the presidents do kill both military and civilians so who would have the gut to call the other a killer.
if obj had the gut to try ibb, by now, he would be on trials for all the political killings that took place in his eight years of leadership.
sympathizers here shld tell vasta's wife to shut-up her mouth and thank God she was not killed too because she was surposed to be the first lady if her husband succeeded.
has any of our first ladies both present and past call for nigerians to rejoice with her over her husband's loots from our wealth.
he gambled with his life and shld be able to accept his fate and that is what military is all about.
by the way, how many people died in the hands of vasta or how many death arrangements did he plan for his killer friend.
for the simple fact that vasta is a very good friend of ibb qualified him to die b4 he was killed because they were birds of a feather.
how many people are dying of hardship in nigeria, how many people are dying of accidents as a result of bad roads? how many people are dying in the hands of armed robbers(lack of security) and how many people are dying as a result of political thuggry? these are all the prices we have to pay for having bad leaders so why are we crying for a single selfish man who tried his luck and failed.
since we must put ourselves in the shoes of ibb, i will kill him 10 times, diya, obj and co and the lucky ones so they shld thank their stars.
if they died trying to be rulers and amzing wealth for their families, it is a good news what about people who died for no reasons.
pls take ur time and read vasta's wife, she is calling for appointment of which yar adua stands a better position to give her on maybe the speaker in the national assembly(senate) or minister of petrolium because her husband was a good poet who died trying.
ettah giwa had her share, yar adua was compensated for the brother who died trying so they shld go ahead and bring her back to power.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by BigB11(m): 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2007
the question here is surposed to be if vasta actually planned a coup. if the answer is yes, then we have to ask ourselves what is the punishment for a failed coup attempt in the military of which vasta was a part.
if there is another important question, it shld be, what will vasta do if he was in ibb's position?
who is here to tell me that if vasta in the process of looking for power sees a way to eliminate ibb, he will spare him.
we will not die for sympathy especially when a coup is a desperate act and vasta himself knew the thread he wanted to start.
in coup, lives and properties are lost so anyone who has the mind to plan a coup have decided on all the possibilities and been a good poet would not have been any reason to spare a man with a gun wanting to kill others.

Good point!

It is very important for one to purely understand the military protocol before jumping into this discussion.
There are many unanswered questions; and folks have already decided to come to a conclusion with very little information, just because of their despisedness of IBB.
Folks, simmer down, forget IBB for the moment and let's go a little deeper into understanding the meaning of a "COUP"

What is a "COUP"?
1. A brave or reckless deed performed in battle by a single warrior, as touching or striking an enemy warrior without sustaining injury oneself.

2. A sudden and decisive change of government illegally or by force.

3. A feat of bravery performed in battle, especially the touching of an enemy's body without causing injury.

4. To depose, as from a position of power; overcome, defeat, or vanquish.

5. To knock down and demolish or to put an end to by force, as a government or institution.

My questions are:
1. What are the military repercussions for a coup involvement?
2. Was Vasta ever involved?

FYI: Keep in mind that as a military top officer once you know about an actuality of a coup and you do not inform the head of state (your boss), it means you're directly involved (i.e you do not have to be the architect of the coup to be involved).
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by doyin13(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2007
Frankly I have not much regard for the coup plotter
nor the coup target

But the 86 coup was especially notorious because they were
a few decent officers amongst them most notably Lt Col Iyorche,
with concrete concerns over the state of the military

Espirit de Corps was being undermined by the Babangida regime
with the promotion of politics amongst the military classes and standards were
very low.

They perhaps represented the last hope at the time to halt the slide of the
military down into the abyss of mediocrity.

We should all be regretful that they failed I feel.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Mamajama(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2007
BIGBi please shut the hell up with your barbaric speech. Was VATSA ever incriminated in the damn coup? The chief of defense staff in charge of the tribunal publicly came out and said he think VATSA was killed erroneously. But on the other hand we all know military men take directions and instructions from their boss. WAS IBB not the DAMN BOSS?

Why was the longest serving general DOMKAT BALI forced to retired out of the force? Why was TOGUN given a double promotion for his entire nefarious errand for IBB? Please the memories are still fresh and stop preaching to us like we are some kind of dumb asses who don’t know our history
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Afam(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2007
@chidichris,

What is the level of your education because your level of reasoning is ultra low?

You started by asking if Vasta was actually involved in a coup and the rest of the nonsense you put down was based on the premise that he was really involved, shame on you.

You are even abusing the wife of Vasta who died some couple of months ago, you are indeed very very disgusting.

@BigB1,

I need not remind you that Vasta never planned any coup against IBB neither was he involved in the one that he was killed for.

If Vasta ever planned a coup against IBB it would have succeeded without any problems, it is common knowledge that IBB got rid of him because he has always seen Vasta as a friend that was more intelligent than himself.

I really learnt a lesson from the IBB/Vasta story, I always avoid people that feel I am more intelligent than them because history may repeat itself and every wise man out there should learn from the story.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Mamajama(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2007
Thank you Afam, I thought for once I was alone in seeing the disgusting act of IBB in eradicating his fellow friend. IBB will have to live with that agony till his grave and we will always remind him of what a barbarian animal he is in character and in appearance.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by doyin13(m): 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2007
@Mamajama

There is no honour amongst perfidious beasts.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by BigB11(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2007
Amusing!

One could easily tell that you guys have spent just too much time holding beer parlor discussion (absolutely unjustifiable assumption).
FYI: The report of the chief of defence staff was based on speculation rather than fact.

Like I've said, it is very important for one to fully understand what really went down and the military protocol.

God knows best.
May Vasta's soul rest in peace.

Afam: you still need to apologize for the despicable statement you made few weeks ago.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by chidichris(m): 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2007
military is a not a type of gov to start with.
afam what is my level of education when u do not know me and we never talked about my education.
you avoid friends who think u are more intelligent- bravo. in the land of the blinds a one eyed man can be a king.
unfortunately, vasta was a military man and friend to ibb according to you and mamajama, ibb killed vasta for no reason and here come your father in politics and anti-corruption obj who is was out to eradicate corruption in nigeria, he was able to convience me and you that abacha was the only corrupt past president.
we have often put up questions on the credibility of obj's administration if they could not find anything against ibb, it is still the two of u(afam and mamajama) who continually ask us for evidence. my question now is; have you got the evidence that is required to take care of the crimes of ibb? if yes, have you passed it unto the honourable EFCC?
with the level of imbecility operating between the two of you, i am well convienced that non of you can give answers to these few questions.
be informed that there is no honour among thieves. the military can to kill and destroyed and bible says those who live by sword will surely die by sword.
had it been that Diya was killed by abacha same set of imbeciles will come here to tell us he did not but thank God Diya was alive to hear someone convience him face to face that he did.
vasta is gone on the belief that he attempted a coup and for those of you who have evidence on the contrary shld pls contact the authorities and for you afam it could be a good opportunity for u to show us what it means to have evidence.
afam pls help me tell vasta's wife where ever she is that she shld shut up as women like her will always push their husbands in their inordinate ambition to be first lady go and read macbeth.
Diya came to oputa panel with the same defence before mustapha lectured him on how he participated in the coup and how he begged abacha for forgiveness and before diya could say more there was video tapes other implicating evidences so most criminals like vasta and the wife will not accept even in their graves.
what do u think if ibb had failed in his palace coup, or abacha when he overthrew shonkon, those people will still come back to us for sympathy claiming they were framed up but if they succeed, they will become heros and wealthy idiots.
if anyone will try ibb, it must be obj because he is the only saint we know maybe that was why he wanted the third term.
afam and mamajama, pls don't be offended, i suggest you trace utah farms animal departments and u will surely find a better jiration ground as u are overstaying ur welcome among us. may your days be long
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by Afam(m): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2007
Big B1:

God knows best.
May Vasta's soul rest in peace.

Afam: you still need to apologize for the despicable statement you made few weeks ago.

Of course God knows best as regards Vasta, it is just normal that the senseless killing based on envy be discussed and the people behind the killing shamed. It is like shooting someone from behind.

What despicable statement are you talking about that warrants apology? Be specific abeg.

@chidichris,

In you I see a person with a perfect combination of stupidity and ignorance. You will remain a slowpoke all your life because your mind is like a closed circuit television. I really pity you, continue to swim in the ocean of ignorance.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by chidichris(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2007
afam, u said in your last post that upon my level of education of which that was a praise without me annoucing to u that i have any relationship with the forewalls a school.
all the same, shame is only due to ibb? obj should not be questioned for the careless death of his attorney general(Bola Ige) who is also his friend.
no shame for all illegal contracts thank God Yar Adua is doing his best to revoke as many as he can.
no shame for imposing practically almost all the political office holders on us.
travelling is a part of education and based on the fact that u are seating tight back, u can be addressed as an illetrate in that aspect.
please afam, not to talk much, be friendly and come up with questions so that i will answer them in my abilities or ask me to ask u questions on any department of obj's administration.
i am here to defend my stance with uncountable points and make sure i reduce u to nothing as a result of ur dryness in providing points.
u and mamajama can only compete favourably on insults but real points, u are both dry but as an unexposed fellow, ur sins are forgivable but the so claimed americana(mamajama) he is worse than death.
Re: Should Ibrahim Babangida Be Tried For Killing Vatsa His Childhood Friend ? by saucekid(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2007
politics was never my strong suit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mexican Gang Castrates Rapist By Letting Pit Bull Eat His Testicles(Pics) / Ex-Police Corporal, Chinedu Nwachukwu Remanded In Prison In Abia / Hushpuppi: Pictures Before And After Maga Don Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.