Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments (61542 Views)

He Said If I Didn’t Sleep With Him He Won't Bring Me To Europe; He Raped Me(pic) / I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks / 11-yr-old Threatened To Report Me If I Didn’t Have Sex With Her —suspect (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Charleschidera(m): 6:55am On Apr 15, 2015
Life for Chiemeriem Benjamin, who had a dream of becoming a banker, has come to a temporary halt as she accidentally killed her childhood friend, Lawrence Oloruntobi, during a minor disagreement.
The incident, which took place at Iba area of Lagos, has opened a scary new phase of life for the teenager, who hails from Abia State.

Chiemeriem told Vanguard: “Lawrence is my friend; we grew up together and have lived in the same environment from as far back as I can remember.
“On that day, I was just not in the mood to talk with him. When I came out in the morning, he tried to make some jokes, which we would ordinarily laughed about. But I told him I was not interested in such.

“I went out later that day and on my way back, I saw him forcing my younger brother to play in a stagnant body of water in front of our compound.
“My brother was crying out for help, because he did not want to be dragged into the water. I quickly walked up to Lawrence to stop him. He took it personal and told me he would slap me.

“Out of anger, I told him that even his mother would not dare slap me. He then went in to get a cane, which has always been his tradition whenever we are having a misunderstanding.

“I also rushed into our room to grab a knife. But my elder brother and a neighbour, called Iya Ayo, intervened and settled the matter.”

According to the 17-year-old, Senior Secondary 1 student, “about two hours later, Lawrence came back to meet me, threatening to deal with me. We started exchanging words, which later culminated in a fight.

“I went in and grabbed another knife just to threaten him.

“Unfortunately, while my elder brother, who intervened again, was trying to plead with Lawrence not to fight with me because I am a girl, I angrily stabbed Lawrence in the chest with the knife.
“It was only after my action that I realized what I had done. I started calling out for help because I was very scared.

“Few neighbours, who were around, responded and we quickly rushed him to a nearby hospital, but it was too late. He died.

“Sincerely, I never meant to kill him with the knife. I only wanted to threaten him, but I just do not know how and why I stabbed him.”

Vanguard learned that the case, which is currently being investigated by operatives in the homicide section of Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, would soon be charged to court.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-didnt-mean-to-kill-my-childhood-friend-17-year-old-girl-laments/

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by TRADELYN: 6:58am On Apr 15, 2015
What a gory story. embarassed

This just explains the popular saying that: "An idle mind is the devil's workshop."

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by groundnutoil(m): 7:04am On Apr 15, 2015
chisos christ girls sha so na d story dis days na small tin persin go go carry knife?wen dis one start kwanu?who taught her dat one

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Cutehector(m): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2015
Hmmm d kyn ogbanje spirits dat possess girls ds days r very deadly...

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 15, 2015
Lamentation

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by blackjack21(m): 7:09am On Apr 15, 2015
............But I change my mind.

07:08:14
Wed, Apr 15, 2015

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by madamGift(f): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2015
Too bad sad. Temperamental issues. if she gets a good lawyer, she might come out of all these after all she's under aged.

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Mutuwa(m): 7:21am On Apr 15, 2015
madamGift:
Too bad sad. Temperamental issues. if she gets a good lawyer, she might come out of all these after all she's under aged.

Under this yeye criminal justice system,I don't foresee any chances.tho she may not be remanded for life..

6 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by figlio(m): 7:36am On Apr 15, 2015
#WaTTSaY.........she got annoyed and killed him!.......... I would have been a serial killer or even dead by now if i kill when am annoyed or not in the mood for jokes............Gobe

CHANGE!!!
First time am on front page on nairaland...................... shoutout to the moderators and members mehn.................

CHAI!
EN GO BETA FOR ME ON THIS SITE!
Really that girls story is one of ah kind!.................does she normally use to grab a knife when ever they had a misunderstanding?
Another thing to be noted is that she, when finally given the opportunity went straight to his chest! at 17 she knows pretty well that is a delicate region and any harm to that region may cause death.
hahahahahahah you know what, all this normally happen when they have misunderstanding, she kills him, he dies, and he will WAKE UP again, if not dat girl wudnt not have gone for the knife repeatedly!!!..............
#wAttSaY

8 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by ginawest(f): 7:39am On Apr 15, 2015
hot temper!!first of all she shud av brought something less harmful, not a knife....I doubt if she will b set free.

8 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by dulux07(m): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2015
Bad upbringing.

19 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by starboy86(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2015
You didn't mean to kill him but u ran inside twice to collect knife, stabbed him before u realised what u did? Story for the gods. Just remand her for a very long period for she to realize the damage she caused the family of th deceased.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by stinggy(m): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2015
madamGift:
She'll be remanded till she's 18 for onward transition to proper prison.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by madamGift(f): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2015
stinggy:

She'll be remanded till she's 18 for onward transition to proper prison.

But in the real sense of it, is it right? She committed the crime at age 17, i'm sure if Nigeria wasn't way behind, she wud have been tried as a minor and probably sent to Juvie... but Naija being Naija...too bad. I pity the girl tho..I'm sure she never intended to kill him, she just lost control.

21 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Gpw7643: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2015
Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by korel9: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2015
Ehnn!!!

Omo Ibo?!

For Lagos?!

That girl should be thrown into the lagoon grin

19 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Quadrescent: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2015
Can you imagine ?

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Etizz: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2015
Na wa
Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2015
TRADELYN:
What a gory story. embarassed

This just explains the popular saying that: "An idle mind is the devil's workshop."

You rightly said it.

The frowning face of a goat does not stop its owner from killing and eating it.

That Lawrence guy was determined to die.

May God help us.

12 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by niceguy7(m): 9:19am On Apr 15, 2015
End time tinz.....
Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by fpeter(f): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2015
Jesu ooo!!!!! sad one...
Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by cana882(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2015
how 5seconds can change d rest seconds in ur lie & u'll always play d scene again dis tym in ur head bt wit a diff outcom of if i had....

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by lonelydora: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2015
Can she even stay in her husband's house with this type of temperament? Well, she's a minor. That's all I can say for now.
Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2015
Murderer. Life!

Abeg let her go jhoor... How else do we expect to fight overpopulation?

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2015
Sorry
I think you should be sent to jail, despite being underaged.

Even 5yr olds are pretty much aware that knives are dangerous.
So, give me one "legit" reason for grabbing a knife @ the slightest provocation?

This girl has the spirit of violence in her.

She has an elder bro, I wanna believe he is in a better position to handle this issue.
Why did she, a lady_ decide to carry the matter on her head?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by allanphash7(m): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2015
What a touching story

How i wish i can help her

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by Atmmachine(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2015
What's that thing on her chest ??
Pimple ?? shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by obiobigbo1: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2015
girls and their 'lemme show them that am wild' brain shaa undecidedgirls and their 'lemme show them that am wild' brain shaa

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17- Year-old Girl Laments by nekaa(f): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2015
When people kill people with knives... It kills me to imagine them saying they didnt mean it.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30 Private Jets Land In Minna For Babangida's Daughter’s Wedding Celebration / Tutumade Adeyeye Is Missing In Ado Ekiti (Pictures) / Judge Kills Wife, Rapes Corpse In Front Of Their Kids, Hangs Himself In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.