Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,387 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

Is Ice-prince Overrated? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Ice-prince Overrated? (23840 Views)

Is Ice Prince Trying To Pull Yemi Alade’s Hair Off? (photo) / Is Ice Prince Bleaching ?? Fans Attack Him After He Shared This Photo …. / How Much Is Ice Cube Worth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Olusanya333(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2014
planetuzor: I have not come as one who really knows what rap is
all about or someone who is completely a novice,
but in my opinion I think the subject matter in
person of Ice-Prince the Aboki himself is overrated

I kept wandering what's this guy rapping that's
making him bag awards even when his got no hit
song. He's just like a one way rapper,one particular
rap tone and style (with due respect to him)...
Sincerely am of limited knowledge here of this Guy
and how come he gets most of the BET awards and
always nominated in rap category even when his
music impact to the average nigeria that just like
good music is just too minimal...

Even at this time when we have some venom
spitting rap artist like this ones listed below in no
particular order

Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

Please guys educate me on this issue. I really want
to know if his worth the awards and nominations or
just overrated in your own opinion...
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Krasid(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2014
I thought i was the only one who noticed that ice prince is using the same style in all his songs.He is a little bit overrated.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by kendrick93(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2014
Elnino4ladies: ..WTF..ice prince murdered no shiit on dt track..MI did follow by joell ortiz..ice lines dry pass gin 4 dt track....
anyhow ice is a gud musician. His song with nneji was class.gud lyrics.i tink he is gud
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by jennylove7575(f): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2014
Who the hell is ice prince.?
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by efec(m): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2014
kendrick93: hav u listened to dis track-- CAN I TALK.. go and listen to dat. he killed it
killd what? joel otiz n m.i killd him on his own song.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Lanceslot(m): 9:45am On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5: PHYNO IS NOT GOOD AT ALL. HIS PUNCHLINE, LYRICS RHYMES ARE WEAK, NOT STRONG.

#ICE PRINCE IS A GOOD RAPPER. HIS IS ALWAYS ON POINT
ewu yorobar na hate go kill u, how do you understand what Phyno spits to say he's punchlines are weak? Lyrically Phyno is in same league with Dagrin (R.I.P). He has more punchlines and lyrically better than Olamide.

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by LexyII: 9:49am On Aug 04, 2014
magnetik: To me I have been listening to a couple of rap artist from Naija.. but none is better than ICE PRINCE.
wrong fact bro, we have better rappers lyk terry da rapman, iceberg slim, vector, jesse jagz, kahli abdul, m.i, yung6, modenine, pheroshaws, Godwon.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Jaymaestro(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2014
I like him . I prefer him rather than M I . phyno and olamide are indigenous _ I prefer the outsider sarkodie at that .
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Anacksunamun: 9:57am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: if phyno continues like that he will continue to be LOCAL
Nonsense!! what's has local got to do with indigenous rap music? So olamide that tours overseas is local? So Phyno that recently toured America is local? You know nothing about rap, go take a nap.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 9:58am On Aug 04, 2014
Anacksunamun: Nonsense!! what's has local got to do with indigenous rap music? So olamide that tours overseas is local? So Phyno that recently toured America is local? You know nothing about rap, go take a nap.
and how many Bet awards has olamide bagged
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by niceeric(m): 10:00am On Aug 04, 2014
As long as it is rap and d focus is on Nigeria, then Vector d Viper is d guy!!!!

No one throws metaphorical lines like he does..

u listen to his lines today,u get a meaning, u listen tomorrow, u get yet another meaning....

Triple twale to d Boss of Naija Rappers!!!!!!!!!!

As for Ice,he's just an average dude with a good command of the English language.....guess that's y he's favoured by international award peepz......but when it comes to lines understandable by d average Nigerian likewise the classy person,Vector rules!

A metaphorical line example by Vector.....' his ugliness was the height,APEX'......damn!...I can give two meanings to that lol

Koko is Vector is d best!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by GPA5: 10:02am On Aug 04, 2014
Lanceslot: ewu yorobar na hate go kill u, how do you understand what Phyno spits to say he's punchlines are weak? Lyrically Phyno is in same league with Dagrin (R.I.P). He has more punchlines and lyrically better than Olamide.

PHYNO IS NOT THAT A GOOD RAPPER COMPARE TO ICE PRINCE, VECTOR, MI, OLAMIDE.

IF NOT FOR OLAMIDE THAT DID JUSTICE TO HIS SINGLE(GHOST MODE ) ,WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN PHYNO.

EACH TIME, HE USES ENGLISH TO RAP HIS PUNCHLINE, RHYMES, LYRICS NOT THAT GOOD, STRONG
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: i totally disagree with you he his really good and his flows and swaggs looks international from the list no one beats iceprince except only mode9
He looks international...lol cheesy! The guy is a Wannabe!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by GPA5: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: and how many Bet awards has olamide bagged

THANK YOU MY SISTER.

OLAMIDE, PHYNO ARE STILL UNDERDOG RAPPER UNTIL THEY BAG INTERNATIONAL AWARD........
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: He looks international...lol cheesy! The guy is a Wannabe!
thats why i said looks but others are not even close to look
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2014
so overrated, lame azzz wrapper
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5:

THANK YOU MY SISTER.

OLAMIDE, PHYNO ARE STILL UNDERDOG RAPPER UNTIL THEY BAG INTERNATIONAL AWARD........
as in BET really recognise ice prince ooooo i remember watching him presenting an award at the BETS
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by valolisa(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2014
Hav u guys heard of jesse jagz, hz a genuis. Hardcore rap.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2014
henryobinna: let's not talk about his appearance cos its been decided cheesy .
oh I remember the name now. body is trash or maybe I just don't like it. amonh all his songs I've listened to and/or watch the videos, the only I like and I think is good music is the one he did with that femi guy. Oritse femi. not sure of his name tho
Lol cheesy.. Guy, you are one of those people who don't know good music! Talking bout 'Confam, Three wise men,tomorrow' not even talking about 'repete' the song of all time. Nigg^ go chill!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Anacksunamun: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: and how many Bet awards has olamide bagged
That's why majority of the commenters/Nigerians are perplexed that BET chose a wack rapper like Ice Prince. Don't you get the memo of the thread? M.I has no BET awards, but Ice Prince is not fit enough to tie his shoe lace when it comes to rap. Go figure!!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 10:14am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: thats why i said looks but others are not even close to look
What do you mean by looks? I don't get! This guy is just a wannabe nothing else...and he's failing...
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by joycerap(f): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Ice prince s gud.8ters can go ad kiss E=BolA fr all I care+phyno ad olamide(d rest na wash)
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Forwetinnah: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2014
Lanceslot: ewu yorobar na hate go kill u, how do you understand what Phyno spits to say he's punchlines are weak? Lyrically Phyno is in same league with Dagrin (R.I.P). He has more punchlines and lyrically better than Olamide.

*A big nwa...you know say we fit nwa, say what?* love that song and it's beat die grin grin grin (not really a fan of rap music anyway)
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by eltata(m): 10:20am On Aug 04, 2014
Presently in naija for dose that follow rap music will neva count ice prince among the top acts...great rappers like Jesse jagz,,posly TD,, yung Six,, Vector,,,,Phyno....etc....Iceprince was lucky dat he came out with a popular label that knows how not only to promote an artiste but also star studded with M.I and Jesse....Anyways I just want to say that some people are naturally favored by God. Example is d wande coal story. I really hope Wande too gets favored dis time around cos he has bin doin well all dese yrs but dere seems to be sumtin holding his songs down ..So weneva I hear of people like nyanya,,flavour., davido etc above wande in d music richest/perking order, I weep for my man cos he gat d talent and songs but he is not bin favored by God...He has to do d ryte tin and I hope he rises up dere like others cos he has bin dere for like eva.

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2014
Anacksunamun: That's why majority of the commenters/Nigerians are perplexed that BET chose a wack rapper like Ice Prince. Don't you get the memo of the thread? M.I has no BET awards, but Ice Prince is not fit enough to tie his shoe lace when it comes to rap. Go figure!!
hmmmmmmm at least m;i was recognised is any of the guys u have in mind recognised
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Mayorwer: 10:28am On Aug 04, 2014
Gino is still my favorite in Nigeria till today. Vector makes sense, olamide is cool reminisce is OK.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: What do you mean by looks? I don't get! This guy is just a wannabe nothing else...and he's failing...
falling ?yet he made a presentation at the last concluded bet awards.he has what it takes to b international
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Anacksunamun: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: hmmmmmmm at least m;i was recognised is any of the guys u have in mind recognised
now you bring recognition as your excuse. Where was recognition when you were holding briefs for that wacko, Ice Prince? Recognition or not, M.I or Mode9 have not win BET awards but you will get slapped in a pub if you compared them with that wacko. True story.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 10:38am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: falling ?yet he made a presentation at the last concluded bet awards.he has what it takes to b international
Yes! The guy is just lucky!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Kbdon(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2014
Fuk what u fink,iceprince is d best rapper in africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nengi Becomes Jennys Glow Nigeria New Ambassador (Video) / Rahama Sadau: "I Have Not Been Arrested Or Jailed" / Bovi And Wife, Kris Asimonye Ugboma Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.