Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality (949 Views)

Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Best Yoruba Movies Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by bambambambam: 12:33am On Aug 04, 2014
Hi,

Being new to the whole Nollywood scene, I was wondering, are there any Nollywood movies of Western quality? By that I mean shot with a professional camera, made by a professional director with a professional script etc.? Like the African movies that often showcase at international film festivals, such as:

Teza (Ethiopia)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X24urlexuo

Tsotsi (South Africa)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX20lzOQwUo

Soul Boy (Kenya)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yezn9q6vYuU

Mother of George (U.S.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF7IPYNElKA

Thanks!

bambambambam
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 04, 2014
Bros I don't really get you, do you mean a movie that is directed by a hollywood director and it's shown at an international film fest? Just exercise some lil' patience the pros in the house will attend to you sooner.
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by VillageBoi(m): 7:22am On Aug 04, 2014
tonyayo1: Bros I don't really get you, do you mean a movie that is directed by a hollywood director and it's shown at an international film fest? Just exercise some lil' patience the pros in the house will attend to you sooner.
Oh boy, you just make me spray coffee all over my laptop with laff hahahahaha!!
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by pickabeau1: 8:05am On Aug 04, 2014
Tsotsi is a super film but i have not finished Mother of George

Have u seen Rebelle: War Witch

Last Flight to Abuja is not bad
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2014
VillageBoi:
Oh boy, you just make me spray coffee all over my laptop with laff hahahahaha!!
Abeg o, no be if your lappy come spoil now you go come put the blame on me, wetin funny about my post?
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by bambambambam: 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
pickabeau1: Have u seen Rebelle: War Witch

Excellent film, yeah!

pickabeau1: Last Flight to Abuja is not bad

I'll check that out, thanks!
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by pickabeau1: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Men that film is scary and real

It made me feel sad on the phenomenon of child soldiers

Imagine the witch pputting razors in her private parts... evulz

we have a long way in afrika

bambambambam:

Excellent film, yeah!

I'll check that out, thanks!
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by VillageBoi(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
tonyayo1:
Abeg o, no be if your lappy come spoil now you go come put the blame on me, wetin funny about my post?
Lol nooooo, if I spoil something I no dey ever blame anoda persin... oya buy me one new lappy wink
That ya post funny well-well, you take style dodge wetin the guy dey ask as per him questions dey very odd lol.

@ OP, Nigeria no dey produce camera so any kpako camera is... *ahem*... professionally made wink
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
VillageBoi:
Lol nooooo, if I spoil something I no dey ever blame anoda persin... oya buy me one new lappy wink
That ya post funny well-well, you take style dodge wetin the guy dey ask as per him questions dey very odd lol.

@ OP, Nigeria no dey produce camera so any kpako camera is... *ahem*... professionally made wink
The guy's question is really odd, I'm not sure he asked the question the right way.
Re: Nollywood Movies Of Western Quality by bambambambam: 3:37am On Aug 20, 2014
So what's the deal? Are there any professional Nollywood movies or not?

(1) (Reply)

Is "IDEMILI" The Best Nollywood Movie / Have You Ever Cried Because Of A Movie? / Starting A Distribution Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.