Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,267 members, 7,860,623 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:25 PM

Help-My Car Engine Making A Funny Sound - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help-My Car Engine Making A Funny Sound (4839 Views)

Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine / When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Help-My Car Engine Making A Funny Sound by ndidibabe(f): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
Bossmd:
Thanks everyone that honoured this thread.

I eventually replaced the engine. I instructed that all other peripherals like Alternator, Fuel Injector, Spark Plugs, AC Condenser etc be left in-situ in my car. So the engine was coupled in, It took a whole day to get the job done. But it was eventually done. When we started the car it started well at the first attempt. It has not given any issues since then. And the acceleration has been perfect. My only uncertainty is that I don't know how many miles have gone on the new engine. I tried looking for the engine 'casting/block' number but didn't see it. It's just the serial number that was clearly visible.

But since the engine is working well, I will just ensure timely oil change to keep the engine in a premium working condition. I'm still looking at where I can get Mobil 1 5w-20 here in Lagos, but if I don't get I guess I'll stick with semi-synthetics with 30% synthetic blend for now.
Is your car still in perfect condition.
Re: Help-My Car Engine Making A Funny Sound by dru23(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2018
Bossmd:
Thanks everyone that honoured this thread.

I eventually replaced the engine. I instructed that all other peripherals like Alternator, Fuel Injector, Spark Plugs, AC Condenser etc be left in-situ in my car. So the engine was coupled in, It took a whole day to get the job done. But it was eventually done. When we started the car it started well at the first attempt. It has not given any issues since then. And the acceleration has been perfect. My only uncertainty is that I don't know how many miles have gone on the new engine. I tried looking for the engine 'casting/block' number but didn't see it. It's just the serial number that was clearly visible.

But since the engine is working well, I will just ensure timely oil change to keep the engine in a premium working condition. I'm still looking at where I can get Mobil 1 5w-20 here in Lagos, but if I don't get I guess I'll stick with semi-synthetics with 30% synthetic blend for now.

I do sell USA spec Mobil oil 5quarts and I only have my last one 5w30 for 15500k .. I will be bringing more in at the end of the month.. For more information email at dru23@hotmail.com and I will give u my contacts in Lagos .

(1) (2) (Reply)

BMW Recalls 11,700 Diesel Cars After Installing Wrong Engine Software / Radiator Coolant: What Is The Right Way? / Car Logos And Their Manufacturing Countries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.