Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Executive Injustice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Executive Injustice (816 Views)

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Injustice Over Nkiru Sylvanus Kidnap / Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Executive Injustice by Joshpa: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2014
One thing I have always known in this country is that people are accessed and considered worthy of a thing/position based on their physique and affiliation to "who matters" in the society. The question we should ask ourselves is "who is this who that matters"? I had thought that everyone matters really since we are all humans and of the same intellectual composition. Ironically, in our side of the world it is even people of low intellectual capacity that tend to be the culprits of this misdeed. I must say people without proper educational background, proper home training and up bringing. The madness has gotten to its epic level now the main election is around the corner, whereby people's rights are being infringed on a regular basis without recourse to morality. The Holy Book teaches us that we should treat others as we intend to be treated. This is not the case here judging from the fact that some people are tagged the "untouchables" either by virtue of being in the ruling class or affiliated to the ruling clique. The untold complacency of belonging or identifying with the ruling class gives this set of individuals the impetus to take laws into their hands. In most cases, these individuals work with security operatives, who have sworn to protect lives and properties, in quote "are your friends" to terrorise people unjustly all because money has exchanged hands one way or the other with their Oga at the top.
Now back to the matter! Yesterday being 3rd of August 2014, a politician (untouchable) affiliated to the ruling party in Lagos deemed it fit to demolish someone's shop off Oregun Opebi link road because he didn't like the idea of the shop being linked to his newly acquired land. This is a shop that has stood the test of time for more than 10 years, then all of a sudden this politician wakes up one morning and decides that the shop was an illegal structure, then goes ahead to destroy the structure with hoodlums and security operatives without recourse to the worth of the goods in the shop. When events unfold this way, it is fair to ask, for how long will this continue? It is obvious from my viewpoint that this politician does not know how hard it is to make money in this country, especially for a business owner in Nigeria. Though I don't blame him because it seems he makes money sharp sharp that he destroys people's sweat and means of livelihood as a hobby. I think he should also inculcate building free houses for people as a hobby too.

Take a look at the picture, this na serious gbeso oh......

(1) (Reply)

Journalist Among 5 Killed As Gaza Experts Dismantle Missile / Vigilantes And How Communities Turn Against Boko Haram / WAEC Failure: Fashola Advocates ICT Teaching Methods, Review Of Curriculum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.