Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice (4582 Views)

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Nigerian Inventor Scares Toyota / Meet Dr Ekekwe, The Nigerian Inventor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by bashr4: 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2010
PLS LETS NOT LET THIS DIE

NWOBILO NWANKWO
Phone: 0809-086-7484 Ntighauzo Village,
Email:nwankwo.obilo@yahoo.com Obingwa L.G.A,
Abia State.

7th October, 2010
The President
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Aso Villa
Abuja.

Your Excellency Sir,

DIABETES CURE DISCOVERY IN NIGERIA, HOW MR. PRESIDENT WAS MISINFORMED AND MY HUMBLE PLEA TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGTH

During the golden jubilee anniversary broadcast, Mr. President announced many achievements made by Nigeria in the past 50 years. Among them, that “Dr. Louis Nelson discovered a permanent cure for diabetes”.

With humility sir may I state that the information passed to you is misleading?
Dr. Louis Nelson DID NEVER DISCOVER ANY CURE FOR DIABETES IN NIGERIA. The discovery was made by Nwobilo Nwankwo.

After the false announcement by National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD) in February 4, 2009, I quickly alerted the minister of Health that the claim by Dr. Nelson that he discovered a cure for diabetes is false via a letter written to the Hon. Minister on the 8th day of May, 2009. (See annexure A)

Before the false announcement sir, I had already alerted many government organs that NIPRD wants to steal my research work. And after the announcement it took almost the entire energy in me and various petition to the Ministry of Health, National Assembly Committees on health, (both Senate and house) and many newspaper publications, and world press conference as evidenced in (annexure B-D)

All these pressure forced NIPRD to forward the draft M.O.U to me to enter into an understanding to protect my discovery.

In order to achieve their goal over my discovery which is to steal the property from me, NIPRD included the following conditions in the draft M.O.U
Paragraph 8 reads in part “the INSTITUTE shall apply and obtain or cause to be granted and obtained the letters of patent on the products in the name of “the INSTITUTE …”.

Paragraph 13 reads in part “the ownership of and right to obtain trade name or trademark and/or registration of designs in any products supplied by the “CONSULTANT HERBALIST” to “the INSTITUTE under this agreement shall be vested in the “INSTITUTE”…

Mr. President Sir, NIPRD insist that I must sign this agreement as it is which passed off my property to them and I maintain that I will NEVER sign such. This has been the bone of contention between me and NIPRD since last year which made them to continue to pass the misleading information to everybody including the highest office in the land that Dr. Nelson discovered a cure for diabetes.

To cover up their sin, NIPRD recruited staff of the Ministry of health to destroy documents both written to me or the ones I wrote to the Hon. Minister and worse still NIPRD did everything to stop media houses from publishing the story. (See annexure E)

May I thank you immensely for your purposeful intervention in this matter which will not only put the record straight but will also bring the new change that will put corruption to shame in the land and bring Nigeria to the part of greatness.

Yours faithfully

NWOBILO NWANKWO

NWOBILO NWANKWO
Phone: 0809-086-7484 Ntighauzo Village,
Email:nwankwo.obilo@yahoo.com Obingwa L.G.A,
Abia State.

7th October, 2010

The Hon. Minister of Information
And Communication
Radio House
Garki Abuja.

Sir,

DIABETES CURE DISCOVERY IN NIGERIA, HOW MR. PRESIDENT WAS MISINFORMED AND MY HUMBLE PLEA TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGTH

I wish to forward the attached letter written to His Excellence the President of the federation over the incorrect information passed to him on the subject.

I humbly appeal to you to use your good offices to intervene in this matter to put the record straight.

I thank you immensely for your purposeful intervention on the matter.

Yours faithfully

NWOBILO NWANKWO
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by macjive01: 7:42am On Dec 14, 2010
Has nobody helped this guy yet? Na wao for this country! People wit access or works in the print media or tv media shud help this guy abeg. Call him up and at least interview him.

Mr nwankwo abeg go report to the police even if it seems hopeless It will help build ur case wen d time reach. Travel to Abuja and report it to the central police station, or one closest to asp rock.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2010
Every man is fighting to get im own share of washed up spolit whale, and you're talking about fighting for mixing chemicals? jk jk [ahaha, I sniffed too much whiteout tonight].

But seriously tho, I saw the same thing a few months ago. No help yet? o ma ga o.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by MrJCork: 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
what does he want to invent? aeroplane? undecided
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by likeme(m): 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2010
Why all these Pull Him down thing in Nigeria. Give accolades and honor to to the guy that did his research not because you are in government or power then claiming  a glory that is not yours.
If this act is allowed to go like this , you wont see inventions in Nigeria again.
But the guy suppose to have patented his discovery as well before giving out his formula to any institute.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by member479760: 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nigeria scientist again!
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by blaksril1: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2010
All these dudes putting this guy down take it easy. Its painful to work hard on a project nd see others but u enjoy the rewards of it. His perception is his reality nd we shud be matured enuf to respect his perception.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by 0Edward0(m): 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2010
Mr J Cork:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Nsiman(m): 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2010
Do the GON hate inventors' success?
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by bestsales1: 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2010
this guy just did something that many of us in our different career path would find difficult to do cos it takes determination, persistence to come up with something that doesn't exist without the help of the chinese, let's give it to him and assist if you can, if not lipsrsealed , it'll be good if anyone can help him talk to someone, somewhere, somehow who knows someone, somewhere that can help, Akunyili should be proud to attend to issues like dis seriously, its part of rebranding Nigeria
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by norrisman: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nigerians and hunt for glory! As of 13:16 Tuesday 14 December 2010 there is no known cure for Diabetes. Jonathan, Nelson and Nwobilo are door knobs!

It is a shame that a president of a country will make fallacious statements such as there being a cure for diabetes which affects millions of people worldwide. If Nwobilo really had a cure for diabetes he wouldnt need encomioums from Jonathan, he would have been snapped up by WHO or other leading health organisations around the world a long time ago.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by rotimiland(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2010
If the claims of the Inventor are anything to go by. This is another evidence that most Nigerians and Leaders are self-centred. Imagine nairalanders' mockery of the man they know nothing or little about:

Mr J Cork:

0Edward0:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

nakedall:

Nigeria scientist again!

This is why there will continue to be Brain-drain in that country.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by reindeer: 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2010
norrisman:

Nigerians and hunt for glory! As of 13:16 Tuesday 14 December 2010 there is no known cure for Diabetes. Jonathan, Nelson and Nwobilo are door knobs!

It is a shame that a president of a country will make fallacious statements such as there being a cure for diabetes which affects millions of people worldwide. If Nwobilo really had a cure for diabetes he wouldnt need encomioums from Jonathan, he would have been snapped up by WHO or other leading health organisations around the world a long time ago.

Or paid heavily by pharmaceutical companies who will all be after him by now.
For a disease like diabetes, the financial ramifications of having a cure cantr be stressed enough.
all this dude needs is to publish in a good journal and all drug companies will come knocking at his door. . . if he's telling the truth that is
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by suyamasta(m): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
how can we help
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by cjfavour(m): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2010
We should not allow this inventor to go like others. GEJ should call his health minister and co to other. This is the reason we have brain drain in Nigeria. All the inventors are leaving the country in droves due to the corrupt nature of our politicians. God help us.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by WackyJ1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2010
Can you see how Nigeria treats someone with a claim for an important scientific discovery. Even if it is not true, the reactions tell us enough. Instead of them to be thinking Of Nigeria in general, they are thinking of themselves and the glory.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2010
How come he can't spell the word straight, properly?
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Bright2(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2010
yes this is how innocent people die for nothing,some body who did the research,knows about the chemical compound,the administration of the drugs is there raising his hands for help,not really for himself but also for the innocent citizen out there now government will not correct wrong impresions.Somebody who doesn't much about this research is claiming to be the master of it, taking the glory of another mans sweart ( piracy )how long will things continue this way? GOODLUCK NIGERIA PLS HEAR THIS MAN.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by okeyxyz(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2010
all those ppl mocking this guy, have they even made any attempt what soever to investigate his claims b4 venturing on a mission of PHD(pull him down)? replace the NWOBILO NWANKO with PHILLIP EMEAGWALI & you will get thousands of references & investigations to prove him a fake. I am forced to ask, is this malice ethnically motivated?

if the GON(government of nigeria) has an intent to rob this guy of his rightful property, is there any NGO or international body that he can take his case to? Abeg, the lawyers in the forum, i'd appreciate your input in this matter.

where is aunty Dora with her "rebranding nigeria" project. at let us know the GON's position in this dispute.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by marabout(m): 11:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
Most people in Naija (Sorry aunty Dora, Nigeria)  do not care about research, innovation or invention especially if it is not done by a white man. If you don't have billions to splash around no one llistens to you.
Before you know it foreigners will get their hands on the formula and patent it.
This Nwabilo man will not be able to fight with the Europeans or Americans if they get their hands on it.
From what we know from Wilileaks, one of their ambassadors will just order GEJ to shut the noisemaker up.

With the potbellies and rampant diabetes among our politicains including OBJ, you would think that they would show proper inteest in this matter and make it a foreign exchange earner.

But then again if they don't go abroad for treatment, that avenue to loot the treasure will be gone.
Biko Nwanbilo, don't let them intimidate you, it is your sweat, so fight them for it.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Ndipe(m): 1:41am On Dec 15, 2010
Give this man a chance. If it was a white man, we would be out celebrating.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 15, 2010
To Nwankwu.
Obviously the MOU was meant to shut you up forever.
Do not waste too much of your resources trying to convince a country of ethinic bigots and theives to recognize you.

First move to a neigbouring African country and register your patent under their law to beat the institute to the claim, and maintain your petitions (including legal action to prevent the institute from filing for a patent).

Secondly look for contacts from India and China, who can help you register your patent in their country first, then commercialize it (and ofcourse sell it to Nigerians as a foreign product), all for a share in the profits. This should be your long term goal.

Do not cry so much about the Nigerian recognition or worry yourself about being patrotic, cause even if they give it to you, its only a couple of years before some ethnic bigot will sit down to invent wonderful ways of proving how you have been lying and claiming things.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by PhysicsQED(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2010
This makes no sense. Why is the patent, for the purported "cure," in Louis Obyo Obyo Nelson's name when they could have both shared credit?

http://www.google.com/patents?hl=en&lr=&vid=USPAT6531461&id=gBkOAAAAEBAJ&oi=fnd&dq=dr.+louis+obyo+obyo+nelson&printsec=abstract#v=onepage&q&f=false

I guess this herbalist was duped. But let's not make this an ethnic thing. Any naive herbalist could get played like this.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by exago(m): 10:13am On Dec 15, 2010
PhysicsQED:

This makes no sense. Why is the patent, for the purported "cure," in Louis Obyo Obyo Nelson's name when they could have both shared credit?

http://www.google.com/patents?hl=en&lr=&vid=USPAT6531461&id=gBkOAAAAEBAJ&oi=fnd&dq=dr.+louis+obyo+obyo+nelson&printsec=abstract#v=onepage&q&f=false

I guess this herbalist was duped. But let's not make this an ethnic thing. Any naive herbalist could get played like this.

That is if it was a collabo, Mr Nwobilo Nwankwo found it and Louis Obyo Obyo Nelson modified/put finishing touches to it or something
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
This man does not need pity but empathy.
If he is truely the inventor, he should prepare all his facts and head straight to the foreign media. He can get their websites on the net and I am sure they will be ready to grant him an interview only if he has his facts complete
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Obijulius: 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2010
nigeriA-failed state
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by bkbabe97y(m): 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2010
cjfavour:

We should not allow this inventor to go like others. GEJ should  call his health minister and co to other. This is the reason we have brain drain in Nigeria. All the inventors are leaving the country in droves due to the corrupt nature of our politicians. God help us.

And these phantom Inventors "leaving the country in droves" have created what since arriving in their host countries?
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Nsiman(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ bk.babe97y, u sound so idiotic, if others that invent are not encouraged by govt or u, how do u expect a new one to come up? It only leads to selling of inventions/patent
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
Well well. if mr inventor worked at the institute then it is only politically correct to announce the discovery in the name of the institute or a suitable representative. He (like most inventors) was naive and did not protect his invention with a patent
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by bkbabe97y(m): 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Well well. if mr inventor worked at the institute then it is only politically correct to announce the discovery in the name of the institute or a suitable representative. He (like most inventors) was naive and did not protect his invention with a patent

I ask u, again: And these phantom Inventors "leaving the country in droves" have created what since arriving in their host countries?
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by MrCork6: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2010
**I bet he want to invent space ship undecided**
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by wazobiang: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2010
wicked people. na so we dey rob hard working people in naija of their hard work and reward. may God overturn their wickedness to this man, in Jesus Name.

AMEN!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aregbesola In Germany For Agric Talks / Attention! Attention!! Attention!!! Radio Biafra Is Live On Air Now / How Nigerians Gave Onitsha The Power To End Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.