Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (51191 Views)

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
chimoz: Just imagine the sacrifice the doctor made and tomorrow johesu members who aside the nurses don't come close to patients would want to be at par with medical Doctors.
Am sorry colleague, it's the price we have to pay and the sacrifices we have to make as medical personnels
u are a real fool! Oloshi!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by natheddie: 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
VIEW PHOTO AND READ MORE ON THE NIGERIAN DOCTOR WHO TREATED LIBERIAN MAN TESTS POSITIVE TO EBOLA VIRUS see more @ http://wilkeyperkins..com/2014/08/nigerian-doctor-who-treated-liberian.html LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE @ https://www.facebook.com/Wilkeyperkinsblog
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by IceMan85(m): 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Abeg how much them dey sell hand glove oh!!!!!!!! Imagine a situation person no go dey shake em guys again or even im babe, talk more of em papa just bc of EBOLA........
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
oshytayman: u are a real fool! Oloshi!
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
achovirux: Ewu awusa
Aturu ocha
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
hippyzuki: . U r very mad. So nurses no de tk cr of patients abi?
Look clearly and you will notice I exempted the nurses. By the way, there was no need for name callinh.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by eaglechild: 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

They know the symptoms. Once someone presents with it, they know. What is the big deal in wearing some coveralls, gloves and nose masks when handling a patient for the first time?
Yes passengers can ask to be paid for the airliner exposing them to the disease by taking a sick man to sit with them. Or are they not important to their families too? I believe doctors salary takes into consideration all risks involved in their jobs too. Any job involving travel has that covered as risk. So I am sure a frequently traveling doctor will have that same risk allowee a stewardess in a plan has. Which the ticketing officer does not have even though they both work for same company.
Doctors handle sick people which means that is their job. How else do you want to be paid again for special risk again? It's your responsibility to know that you could catch the disease from your client.
A doctor was telling me once when I complained about his nurses not wearing gloves when checking patients and esp I hate how they all touch healthy babies and admire them just after checking a sick person.
He said. Look if your child won't be sick he won't be sick even if all the sick people in the world should touch him. It's God that protects. I was like shocked. Coming from a medical doctor o.
So he doesn't care to protect himself. If I work with bees, and I choose not to protect myself against stings and get stung should I ask for special pay cos of that?
Yes it's sad when it happens. If you asking for increase in pay all well and good but not because you are exposed to risk. Just like soldiers. If you are sent to war you deserve the extra pay but your salary as a soldier is there cos of the fact you risk your life as a soldier. Special duties/ assignments withing your field of practice attracts the special pay
A doctor sent specifically to handle Ebola cases can ask for any amount he deems fit. It's a risk he is taking a risk in going to handle that case. But not to ask for special pay just because you feel the need to.

I am trying so much to suppress the urge to call you a big FOOOOL.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
hayorbaami:

Can you and other doctors just shuush it already? You keep screaming as of only doctors come in contact with patients, don't other paramedics do? Cleaners nko? Hospital maids? Mortuary attendants? Who collects whatever fluid needed for the series of tests. The hazard allowance should be for EVERYONE in the health sector. Enough of this selfishness and open your eyes and brains to see the bigger picture . No one deserves hazard allowance less in the health sector abeg. You all should fight for it.

What else? Chronicles of a jobless Nairalander
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Ogininafio1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
oduastates: Sawyer collect am from Liberia ,
Sawyer. Give doctor
Doctor carry go house give wifey and pikin
Pikin carry go school give pupils and teachers
Wifey carry am go market dash fish seller .

You get the drift
Ebola is live and kicking
Live and direct from Nigeria .
Only science and the body of knowledge of ifa can save you.

Erinle - Orisha of medicine, healing, and comfort, physician to the gods

I can bet my life that the cure of this laboratory concocted virus can be found in one of the igbo olodumare ( God's forest)in the SW.
It is times like this ,that you realise the superiority of iFA to those baroof religions.
While ifa seeks to guide the people to find practical solutions to their problems ,through scientific experimentation via trial and error,the two baroof religions have the same solution to every problem .Prayer.IFA uses prayers to send off folks on the way to finding solutions.
While they are praying ,ifa practitioners are in the forest collecting herbs to concoct and try.
While they are waiting for Europeans to come and save them ,ifa practitioner are already looking for answers and cross checking their historical body of knowledge ,gathered over millennia.

Your jesus and Mohammed will be shown for what they are ,
Foreign inanimate idols .
Hold your breathe people.

Lastly this quote from Desmond tutu perfectly describes the African

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

Despite saying it ,he Still wears a cross .when even though he knows the facts ,he still cannot help himself.
Then you know that the future of the present is not bright at all .

You too funny guy. Lwkmd...still rolling on the floor
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by jude33084(m): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
olapluto: hmmm. This is serious!
Please does anyone know the name of the hospital??

I have forgotten the name but the hospital is at st Gregory road, between UBA and Police barracks Obalende.

That was the Hospital Mariam Abacha gave birth to her last born.

The hospital is not for the poor wink
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by logica(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Sebi it was said that it is only persons deadly sick with the disease that can transmit the disease? So what's all this noise about the doctor possibly infecting his wife and children? The only person who could have infected anybody was the dead Liberian.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by ceaser: 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
nnekamezor: I tell u ooo....D whole tin don dey scare me ooo... Lord hv mercy on Naija...

Experimental drug likely saved Ebola patients Experimental Ebola drug ZMapp given to Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol Experimental drug had only been tested in monkeys Brantly was given the Ebola drug after his condition deteriorated Within an hour, source says his symptoms dramatically improved.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by FlintGuevara(m): 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
fowowe411: You are the one mistaken sir,that statement was made by Desmond Tutu and please up your knowledge about plagiarism because I can't see how it occured in the guys assertion evn if he is wrong.

I proceeded on a wrong premise, hence a faulty argument. Thanks for the correction on the quote. As for plagiarism, I perfectly know what it means. The glitch above was because I was thinking about something on intellectual property law when I was typing the comment you quoted.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Sweetlemon(f): 11:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
ceaser:

Experimental drug likely saved Ebola patients Experimental Ebola drug ZMapp given to Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol Experimental drug had only been tested in monkeys Brantly was given the Ebola drug after his condition deteriorated Within an hour, source says his symptoms dramatically improved.

I take God beg them to bring that drug to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by oluwasegun007(m): 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
citizenisb: We are in serious trouble, what about the plane cleaners that cleaned his vomit, the people who helped him at the airport, other passengers who used the toilet after him e.t.c.?
true talk...
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
whizfache: CONVERSATION BTW EBOLA AND
AIDS
AIDS: Bros na wah for you oo, u just
come everybody they fear you like
death, wia u get ur own from.
EBOLA: Ha ha ha, I been tell u that
tym naa, say make u wait ,make u
neva commot, u no gree, u rush come
out, e no tey doctors tidy u...bt see
me now, the patient dog, eats the
fatest bone.
AIDS: na wahoo, everybody dey fear
oo, no body dey near person wey u
catch oo, but me, if i catch someone,
no one go send, people go dey even
chop wit am, hug am, even 'sleep' with
am sef, without issue.
EBOLA: Bros i ready come, u know
native doctor wey do ds juju for me?
I dey pursue somebody sef even if im
don die...u no fit carry person wey I
kill from state to state like dat oo.
AIDS: Even hospital sef dey fear u
oo, if dem carry ur victim come
hospital, d hospital don close be that,
bt me, everybody go dey go normally
like say i no dey dia sef.
Ebola: Bros, no be me do u oooooo, na
only u waka come naaa.
AIDS: ur case tire me ooo, I wan be
like u oo, u just make me look like
kindergarten. Even me dey fear u cos
u fit catch me sef........but know sey,
all these Ebola u are sharing,
remember that 'diaris God oooooo'
Maybe its just me but I just find jokes about Ebola in very bad taste..there's nothing funny about it. Do you guys really know the impact of this virus at all? Its not a laughing matter at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by hopilo: 12:00am On Aug 05, 2014
citizenisb: We are in serious trouble, what about the plane cleaners that cleaned his vomit, the people who helped him at the airport, other passengers who used the toilet after him e.t.c.?
But Fashola said the tested everybody that had contact with the man, and he declared Lagos Ebola free. It will be our greatest undoing to politicize Ebola.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by RaptorX: 12:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I take God beg them to bring that drug to Nigeria.
So you want people that spend their tax payers money on research to discover cure for dangerous diseases to now give it you, whose leaders only know how to embezzle money. You go wait tire, Nigerians think there are no consequences for the massive level of corruption they and their leaders practise, but they will soon find out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Abraham2013(m): 12:27am On Aug 05, 2014
chimoz: Just imagine the sacrifice the doctor made and tomorrow johesu members who aside the nurses don't come close to patients would want to be at par with medical Doctors.
Am sorry colleague, it's the price we have to pay and the sacrifices we have to make as medical personnels
-R u saying d man in d lab who work on d samples r not exposed to d same risk?
- r u saying dat nurses should now be paid same wit doctors now dat u hav finally admitted dat dey r even exposed to any risk?
-wat about d social workers who carried d man 4rm d car he was brought into d hospital wit n placed him on d bed, were dey not exposed to d risk?
-wat of d people who changed d beddings, were dey not also exposed?
-wat about d people who cleaned d man's vomit, were dey not also exposed?
-do u tink 1 million dollars hazard allowance will prevent u 4rm contacting ebola virus ones u come in contact wit an infected person?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Abraham2013(m): 12:33am On Aug 05, 2014
eaglechild:

And wat would calling him a big fool make u, wise man?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 12:43am On Aug 05, 2014
eaglechild:

Never mind. You already said it. See? That wasn't hard at all was it? What other insults do you have? Surely that can't be the only one you know. Say some more and make yourself happy dear. Go on, say some more and have a big ogarsm when you done.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by gondon(m): 1:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 05, 2014
This is a sad news! Nigerians need to do something to fight Ebola. All hands must be on deck. The society as a whole must be at alert!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tunde1200(m): 3:24am On Aug 05, 2014
gbadexy: Meanwhile the american doctor infected in liberia has been responding well to treatment.
The americans should share their regime of treatment already.
One can't sometimes wonder if someone like mandela that asked Us to release cure for hiv was correct. With the high rate of immorality, drug usage, homosexuality, swingers, doggers etc, they have almost abysmal hiv infection rate.

Yeah I thought I was the only person who watched this on fox news!
May almighty safe us all in Nigeria on this deadly outbrake!.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by laudate: 4:17am On Aug 05, 2014
citizenisb: The Lagos doctor who treated American Patrick Sawyer (who died from Ebola in late July) has been confirmed as infected by the deadly virus by Nigerian authorities.

This is Nigeria's second confirmed case of Ebola but what is most concerning is the fact that the doctor's infection suggests contagion is less well-contained that authorities have claimed - especially in light of the fact that they did not quarantine Sawyer's fellow passengers.

Nigeria is now the fourth nation to report Ebola cases, as Sierra Leone and Liberia are deploying hundreds of troops under an emergency plan to "contain" the worst outbreak of Ebola virus in history.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-04/nigerian-doctor-treating-ebola-casualty-contracts-virus-troops-deployed-liberia

Please, the colleagues and employers of this Nigerian doctor should ship him straight to the US hospital where the newly developed serum (i.e. Zmapp) was administered on the infected American doctor.

From current media reports, it appears to have caused improvements in the American doctor's health. It could also help our nigerian doctor.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by macjireh: 5:16am On Aug 05, 2014
ebola has been in west Africa and virtually no one said it was deadly but when it entered Nigeria d whole world now came to realise its deadly.
Y did d Government not take d measures it is taking before now?
Sorry to say,its too late people, a cure is needed ASAP
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 05, 2014
I just pray she survives at all cost, if he survives, it will confer immunity on him for life. Our Scientists can then try treating patients and making a vaccine out of her serum.

We all need to start thinking in this part of the world.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 05, 2014
Another thing...

The Garcinia kola can be tested now...

Measured and standard purified Solution of the bitter kola + stardard amounts of electolyte-containing fluid can be administered orally as a trial.

This all we gat now..

Let's throw in all ideas...Stop waiting for the Americans...
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 05, 2014
hayorbaami:

Can you and other doctors just shuush it already? You keep screaming as of only doctors come in contact with patients, don't other paramedics do? Cleaners nko? Hospital maids? Mortuary attendants? Who collects whatever fluid needed for the series of tests. The hazard allowance should be for EVERYONE in the health sector. Enough of this selfishness and open your eyes and brains to see the bigger picture . No one deserves hazard allowance less in the health sector abeg. You all should fight for it.

Don't mind the guy, the highly infectious blood sample will be analysed by Scientists in lab. Many Scientists have gone home with Laboratory-acquired infection even with poor hazard fees they pay them.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Beync(f): 7:13am On Aug 05, 2014
Despite the growing outbreak of this ebola virus and against the medical advice to the liberian man not travel, the useless aviation booked the liberian ebola candidate and ferried him to nigeria. Nigeria is so messed that simple proactive measures they can't take. What does it take to ban flight thru and fro liberia and other infected countries? The worst of it is their deceitful ways of passing information. What proactive measure did the health minister put in place when he was running mouth on national TV that there's no ebola in nigeria that there's no cause for alarm when some people are already infected? This is so so sad because it could have been prevented. Smh
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Delafruita(m): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2014
citizenisb: May the God of Israel fight for His children in Nigeria!!
so nigerians are now his children.I can guarantee that if ebola gets into the heavenly dwellings,it will cause an outbreak to the point the skydaddy will reuire quarantine
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by pautex: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2014
xynerise: What is the name of the Hospital? Someone needs to avoid the Local Govt. Area he resides entire undecided
what is this one saying??/

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Hair Growth & Baldness Treatment For Black Men.stop Your Hair Loss Now! / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria / Ganduje Is The ‘Best Performing Governor’ In COVID-19 Fight In Nigeria - APREN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.