Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo (35325 Views)

Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts / SSS “arrests” Junaid Mohammed Over Comments About President Jonathan / Businessman Arrested Over Online Comments About Emeka Offor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nihilist:

How have I spoken ignorantly you dullard?

Considering the fact that Ebola had no cure, how come the mortality rate remains so low since it was 1st announced around 40 years ago?

Indeed, the killing speed (time from infection to death or recovery) of an infected person may be high but the number of killed is by far low over long term. Perhaps because it is sporadic (comes and goes) unlike malaria which is very endemic and ever-present.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Liberia is classed to be the same as Liberia in terms of Ebola, so receive him as if he had been in Nigeria with you all along or as if you had been with him in Liberia all along.

My friend the truth is that there is nothing to worry about! The panic about Ebola is not from Africa but is being orchestrated by Western nations media.

If ebola is not an out and out hoax, then it most definately an over-hyped disease that is less deadly than many known diseases such as rabies
AkinEgba: A colleague of mine is returning from Liberia this month. I am not yet sure how to receive him at the office.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Btruth: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
AkinEgba: A colleague of mine is returning from Liberia this month. I am not yet sure how to receive him at the office.
Well, remember that a friend in need is a friend indeed. Be good to your friend. Don't let Ebola come in between you & your friend, OK?
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nihilist: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
GodMode:

you speak ignorantly cos u don't you don't understand how virus spreads... malaria kills faster cos of lack of treatment and its not contagious... Ebola is contagious but patients are quarantined immediately..

now imagine a person not knowing if he/she has ebola and is walking around freely....

You are a dullard.

Answer the simple question.

Why does Ebola have such low number of deaths ascribed to it compared to Malaria within the same time period?

Especially when malaria is treatable with easily accessible drugs, and does not require patient quarantine?
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
Btruth: Don't let Ebola come in between you & your friend, OK?

Really? grin grin grin grin
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by GodMode: 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nihilist:

You are a dullard.

Answer the simple question.

Why does Ebola have such low number of deaths ascribed to it compared to Malaria within the same time period?

Especially when malaria is treatable with easily accessible drugs, and does not require patient quarantine?

ignorant ediot like u doesn't even know that I'm manipulating your dull brain... if you can read and understand "comprehensively".. you'll notice I answered your "simple question"... but since you can't handle my manipulative skills.... you're worse than a dullard..
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by eduxerxes: 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
"Quarantine all of Africa"...grin grin I think I love that statement. Errrm Oga Seun, where is the nearest refugee camp............oh sorry.............quarantine camp, make I run enter. Thunder fire ndi ocha! These white men still see us as apes. So much for dia anti-racist campaigns! Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
eduxerxes: "Quarantine all of Africa"...grin grin I think I love that statement. Errrm Oga Seun, where is the nearest refugee camp............oh sorry.............quarantine camp, make I run enter. Thunder fire ndi ocha! These white men still see us as apes. So much for dia anti-racist campaigns! Mtcheeeeeeew
Although, the mode they conveyed the msg is a bit harsh but its a progress. What would you have them do? Give Free VISA lottery to liberians and Nigerians
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nihilist: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
GodMode:

ignorant ediot like u doesn't even know that I'm manipulating your dull brain... if you can read and understand "comprehensively".. you'll notice I answered your "simple question"... but since you can't handle my manipulative skills.... you're worse than a dullard..
Manipulative skills? Hahahaha

You are the dullest person in the universe.

In plain and simple English, why is the infection rate for Ebola far lower than Malaria in the same time?

GodMode:

you speak ignorantly cos u don't you don't understand how virus spreads... malaria kills faster cos of lack of treatment and its not contagious... Ebola is contagious but patients are quarantined immediately..

now imagine a person not knowing if he/she has ebola and is walking around freely....

The words of a dullard.

Malaria is easily treatable and drugs are very easily available

Ebola has NO CURE.

Why has malaria killed more people than Ebola in the same time frame? grin
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by GodMode: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nihilist:
Manipulative skills? Hahahaha

You are the dullest person in the universe.

In plain and simple English, why is the infection rate for Ebola far lower than Malaria in the same time?

The words of a dullard.

Malaria is easily treatable and drugs are very easily available

Ebola has NO CURE.
Why has malaria killed more people than Ebola in the same time frame? grin

You need to read this again....

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by dozzzybaba: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
The ibos brought Ebola to africa

1 Like

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
dozzzybaba: The ibos brought Ebola to africa

You are an idyot
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by GodMode: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
dozzzybaba: The ibos brought Ebola to africa

imagine an igbo person saying about his tribe...
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by dozzzybaba: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ibo-Eboe = Ebola

1 Like

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
From what I've just heard on the news, 1,663 are now believed to be infected with ebola in Nigeria. Nigeria doesn't hv the healthcare facilities to take care of these pple nor contain the virus, so this is not good! 887 pple hv died in africa already since the outbreak & about 1700 new pple hv been infected in the last 5 days alone in Africa. It's spreading & I'm scared. cry cry cry cry
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
GodMode:

imagine an igbo person saying about his tribe...

He is not Igbo. He is a clone
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
aflyingbird: From what I've just heard on the news, 1,663 are now believed to be infected with ebola in Nigeria. cry cry cry cry

What news? When did they conduct all the test for 1663 people in Nigeria? Now this is scarier than thought.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
Someone called E (for Enitan) Bola [E. Bola] was sent back from Gatwick when they landed in the UK last week. You no hear am?
dozzzybaba: Ibo-Eboe = Ebola
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by HARDDON: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
rattlesnake: An American brought Ebola to nigeria

amazing how they all seem to hv forgotten that fact!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by GodMode: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
AkinEgba:

He is not Igbo. He is a clone

he is Igbo trying to start tribalism.... afterall you have experience in what his trying to accomplish..
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nihilist: 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
GodMode:

You need to read this again....

I have seen more intelligent apes at the zoo than yourself.

Are you telling me that Ebola is easier to manage than Malaria?
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by dozzzybaba: 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
AkinEgba: Gatwick when they landed in the UK last week. You no hear am?
No i didnt
what i heard was that the Gatwick Airport in London was bought and is currently owned by a Yoruba man Adebayo Ogunlesi cheesycheesy
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by supercharged: 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
E bo la
E bo la
E boooolaaaaaaaaaa i dey hail theee
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by HopeAtHand: 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jakumo: For anyone resident in Nigeria right now, the first practical step towards extending your life would be to avoid crowded areas, public transport, non-essential social events and air-travel. Importantly, stock up on food items that can be stored for longer periods of time, in as much as is possible. Anticipate that many social services, including the police, may be rendered ineffectual under the weight of a full-blown Ebola pandemic in Nigeria, so, all who own home-defense firearms would do well to stock up on as much ammunition as they can afford to purchase, in order to protect their loved ones from marauding gangs seeking food if and when the chit hits the fan.

With the three-week incubation period of the Ebola virus about to run out for all the people who came into contact with the disease-carrying airline passenger on his fateful trip from Liberia to Nigeria, it will take an absolute miracle for there to be no further cases of Ebola infection beyond that of the doctor who treated the doomed man from Liberia when he first arrived in Lagos Nigeria. At the very least, it is highly likely that any family members residing in the same building with the newly infected doctor have also contracted the incurable and horrifying ailment called Ebola Fever.

All eyes look to the US Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, as scientists race against time in a feverish search for a cure or preventative that will stop the Ebola fever chain-reaction that is already in progress, from reaching critical mass that COULD detonate into a continent-wide, rapidly spreading wave of human extinction with NO historical precedent.

Prophet of Doom.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Glaxx(m): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
[quote author=aflyingbird]From what I've just heard on the news, 1,663 are now believed to be infected with ebola in Nigeria.[quote] This is so not true. I'm just listening to the national news
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by eduxerxes: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
Rioavez: Although, the mode they conveyed the msg is a bit harsh but its a progress. What would you have them do? Give Free VISA lottery to liberians and Nigerians
seek ways of collaboration in generating a cure! an American woman once told reporters that she thought all Africans have AIDS. U need to see how ignorant most Europeans and Americans are about Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Kalvan50: 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: I see nothing wicked about the comments. It is just the obvious truth.

Use your brain, woman. These people want the whole of Africa quarantined. Ebola is in only 4 west African Countries.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by GodMode: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nihilist:

I have seen more intelligent apes at the zoo than yourself.

Are you telling me that Ebola is easier to manage than Malaria?

Its either you're under age and should not have access to the web or you lack basic comprehension skills and reasoning.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nihilist: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
GodMode:

Its either you're under age and should not have access to the web or you lack basic comprehension skills and reasoning.

You are a paramount dullard grin grin grin

Can you please tell me WHY malaria that has easily accessible over the counter drugs, has killed millions more people than Ebola which has NO CURE within the same time frame?

In 2012 alone, there were over 600000 deaths attributed to Malaria alone....Ebola has killed less than 5000 since 1976
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
MadCow1: We should all be prepared to die..

An Epidemic, especially one of this sort is not something that a careless and irresponsible Nation like Nigeria can handle.

My dear, i have stopped eating chicken suya.

I am constructing a small poultry house.

My throat almost cut this evening as suya dey hungry me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft / No Sane Person Will Vote For You – Ohaneze Tells Buhari / Lagos Traders Lament Market Closure, Appeal To Sanwo-Olu For Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.