Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama (17497 Views)

Happy Birthday Mr President / Happy Birthday Mr. Incredible (m.i) / Picture Of Barack And Michelle Obama As Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by kobonaire(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

But Obama Implement it. now you are saying it doesnt matter who is there.

what do you mean he instituted a better regulation.. explain that
google is your friend again ... you can read up about better regulations in real estate derivatives ...

Yes Obama is not perfect .... he is way better than the àss clown predecessor .... Fact!!

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by manny4life(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ehen, where did I stop at? grin
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Missy89(f): 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
kobonaire: google is your friend again ... you can read up about better regulations in real estate derivatives ...

Yes Obama is not perfect .... he is way better than the àss clown predecessor .... Fact!!

lol. running for cover again

In short you have no explanation and you want to escape with your "estate derivatives"

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Vernor(m): 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
Happy birthday Mr. President Obama d world president, u gave us light even in the darkness. My wish is to ask u , how did u do it? . Thanks
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by tomiobj(m): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
Sermwell: HBD to you sir!
Long live barack obama!!
Long live GEJ
Long live USA
Long live FGN

GEJ TILL 2029!!
. Say wetin. Very soon Ull hear missing chibok boys. 2019. You want ut boss/company to owe u 4 years salary

Have a sense of humour before u start raining insults
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by kobonaire(m): 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

lol. running for cover again

In short you have no explanation and you want to escape with your "estate derivatives"
i guess whenever you eventually read up about how the Koch brothers is funding your ideology and the tea party movement you can look up toxic derivatives too wink

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by manny4life(m): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

say what?

If he gives the bank money to protect them from failing, why did those foreclosure still went on has planned without extension. why didn't put that as a condition for getting a bail out? like giving defaulted loans 1-2 month extension

why did he pay the banks and allow them to take houses without calling them to order, after all bailout means acquisition to some extent so in other words, his government was responsible for foreclosing houses ?

Haha, you answered yourself. He gave them the money as a a LOAN aka Credit support through the Reserve Bank, the foreclosure issue was a totally different ball game. Now onto the issue of mortgage foreclosures, there's no federal mortgage financing laws unless if you were funded through the federal funded programs. For instance, the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Investor Banks had strict guidelines, the govt absorbed most of their troubled/toxic asset till a point when they became profitable. As for private banks like Bank of America and others, that's a different story. They had to foreclose based on state guideline.

Unlike federal banking laws where the govt guarantees each depositor up to $100k through the FDIC, mortgage laws are jurisdictional, and by states. This was a clear case of "If you mandate the banks to not to proceed with foreclosure vs 100k through FDIC insurance if the banks collapsed" WHO LOOSES? Imagine how many tens of millions of people will loose their deposit, imagine the credit system of the U.S. collapsing because the FG is trying to safeguard, yet impose foreclosure laws that aren't or pose any imminent danger to our credit system. Foreclosure was on the FG's mind but it was secondary...

Example, Bank of America got $25billion as a life line, this is after they purchased Merryl Lynch, Imagine if BoA collapsed, JP Morgan Chase had a life line, Citi Bank had a life line, GMAC (the LARGEST AUTO CREDITOR) had a life line. The largest insurer in the U.S. or AIG had a life line, investment houses such as Goldman Sachs had a life line. Imagine all these top financial giants, if half of them collapsed, we are talking about the entire system in shamble and you're talking about why he did not mandate them... Are you kidding me?

Can you imagine yourself and 30million people losing insurance because AIG went under

Can you imagine the millions who go to purchase vehicles unable to do so because their dealers (MOSTLY FINANCED BY GMAC) went under?

Can you imagine if millions of people lost their assets through Goldman who has tens of billions of assets under management? Bear Stearns and cohorts come to mind.

Bailout is NOT acquisition, it means extension of life line credit to a debtor, enough money to keep them sustainable to do business, make profit and pay back. It is NOT acquisition. However, because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are federally funded, the FG came under fire because part of the bailout was the FG assumed certain control. People thought the the FG was reckless in assuming debt using tax payers monies as opposed to outright loan of money. The WHAT-IF came to play, but we can see how that played out. These banks are doing better, thanks to Obama grin

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Missy89(f): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
kobonaire: i guess whenever you eventually read up about how the Koch brothers is funding your ideology and the tea party movement you can look up toxic derivatives too wink

Lol ad hominem tactic all over again

just give up already grin

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Ekebe1(m): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Happy Birthday His Excellency, President Barrack Obama
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by kobonaire(m): 10:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:
Lol ad hominem tactic all over again
just give up already grin
its your choice, you can read up and educate your self ... or continue to be subservient to Limbaugh/Kochs indoctrination .... as is even demonstrated in all the Caucasian pictures you upload in your posts ...... #colonialMentality
grin

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by manny4life(m): 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

Government priorities when it comes to spending isnt 100% the brainchild of the president but the lobby groups. that how things work in Washington.
You keep making this a bush Vs Obama thing. i am not a bush fan or anything.

Again, the government's will to spend, lobbying or not, is at the discretion of the President and that is FACT. If the President decides he wants to spend less on wars and channel that money to education like Obama did, lobbying or not, that is his policy. That will be what he's known for. Government spending particularly on infrastructural development is a huge component of GDP and if GDP is a measure of the output of our economy, I fail to see you line of argument.

The Obama v Bush comparison stems from "Obama is the worst president", meanwhile we have one who did not give tow fuckss about no one, other than war mongering. Quote me on that.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict how the government will spend money. if you work in K street you will know what to expect even before the budget is passed it is only logical there would be more capital project to stimulate a falling economy. even the president of chad will know that. that is not an achievement but how government works. i am talking about real polices like social, foreign etc. things he would be remembered for . you are talking about train station and 2 x 2 roads.

What about K Street, honey, I worked on Pennsylvania avenue, few blocks from K street, before I proceeded onto Connecticut, I don't see the relevance of K street.

So you and I agree that a falling economy needs govt spending? grin grin

Seriously, I am even lost on your argument. A true measure of achievement stems from different components, from fiscal to trade polices, from domestic policies such as taxation to foreign policies including trade, development and what not. How does a president effect his policies? Honestly, I don't even know what you're asking anymore... His domestic policies from education to healthcare reform and what not is there for you and I to see. His trade and inter-regional polices have integrated the U.S. in which the U.S. is gradually having a reduction in trade deficit, well as of the last time I checked. grin

This man has no political conviction whatsoever.
we know bush is pro war what is obama pro or anti of? he swings with the mainstream and always refuse of have a strong opinion on almost everything. he is a celebrity not a president

You fail to see his conviction... Nothing further.
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Missy89(f): 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
kobonaire: its your choice, you can read up and educate your self ... or continue to be subservient to Limbaugh/Kochs indoctrination .... as is even demonstrated in all the Caucasian pictures you upload in your posts ...... #colonialMentality
grin

Yo!

You still hanging on to straws?

put up or shhhhhhhh
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by kobonaire(m): 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

Yo!

You still hanging on to straws?

put up or shhhhhhhh
what?? You didn't upload any Caucasian picture to 'emphasize' your latest point?? Go through this whole thread and observe all the pictures you uploaded, I know you have been doing so without realizing it but you are suffering from acute colonial mentality .... #whiteManSabiPassMeSyndrome .... sigh
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Missy89(f): 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
manny4life:

Again, the government's will to spend, lobbying or not, is at the discretion of the President and that is FACT.If the President decides he wants to spend less on wars and channel that money to education like Obama did, lobbying or not, that is his policy. That will be what he's known for. Government spending particularly on infrastructural development is a huge component of GDP and if GDP is a measure of the output of our economy, I fail to see you line of argument.

The Obama v Bush comparison stems from "Obama is the worst president", meanwhile we have one who did not give tow fuckss about no one, other than war mongering. Quote me on that.

What about K Street, honey, I worked on Pennsylvania avenue, few blocks from K street, before I proceeded onto Connecticut, I don't see the relevance of K street.

So you and I agree that a falling economy needs govt spending? grin grin

Seriously, I am even lost on your argument. A true measure of achievement stems from different components, from fiscal to trade polices, from domestic policies such as taxation to foreign policies including trade, development and what not. How does a president effect his policies? Honestly, I don't even know what you're asking anymore... His domestic policies from education to healthcare reform and what not is there for you and I to see. His trade and inter-regional polices have integrated the U.S. in which the U.S. is gradually having a reduction in trade deficit.

You fail to see his conviction... Nothing further.

If you don't know what they do on K street you have no clue of what you have been talking about.
what are those convictions tell us.. yes i fail to see them please tell me.
The bolded shows u don't really know what you are talking about.

By the way I never said bailout was an acquisition i said by extension it is which means, you can negotiate terms from the position of strength since you are the creditor and those terms could be implemented before the money is released. It seems you are getting a different idea i am not interested in the necessity of the bail out what but do the tax payers get it return. according to what you are saying, the creditors(fed) made money through the money they gave out but is that the primary concern of the fed?
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
A big Happy Birthday to one of the worst Presidents we've elected thus far.
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Missy89(f): 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
kobonaire: what?? You didn't upload any Caucasian picture to 'emphasize' your latest point?? Go through this whole thread and observe all the pictures you uploaded, I know you have been doing so without realizing it but you are suffering from acute colonial mentality .... #whiteManSabiPassMeSyndrome .... sigh

lol. so now you are playing the race card.

How pathetic can you really be ?.

what does posting a picture have to do with explaining your "estate derivatives" grin

I bet you wont even want to touch that topic with a 10 foot pole would ya?

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by manny4life(m): 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
Obama's achievement

International Trade Policies - According to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis and Commerce, U.S. deficit is on the low, exports increased due to the new policy of funding small business through the SBA and EXIM bank (financing). Obama's domestic policies on helping small businesses grow, increased in education, research and development made the U.S. to export more of industrial supplies and materials, automotive vehicles parts and engines, even Boeing manufactures more airplane than Airbus does. Thanks to his trade policies.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by kobonaire(m): 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

lol. so now you are playing the race card.

How pathetic can you really be ?.

what does posting a picture have to do with explaining your "estate derivatives" grin

I bet you wont even want to touch that topic with a 10 foot pole would ya?

when you are comfortable with the colour of your own skin and your own thoughts (rather than what white man talk), I will be happy to debate those points with you.
PS:- Wiki is a good resource

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Missy89(f): 11:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
kobonaire: when you are comfortable with the colour of your own skin and your own thoughts (rather than what white man talk), I will be happy to debate those points with you.
PS:- Wiki is a good resource

lol.

hiding behind baseless accusations

Be a man and get the ball rolling cool

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by kobonaire(m): 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

lol.

hiding behind baseless accusations

Be a man and get the ball rolling cool

baseless? Why have the Caucasian pix stopped ...?? tongue
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by manny4life(m): 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

If you don't know what they do on K street you have no clue of what you have been talking about.
what are those convictions tell us.. yes i fail to see them please tell me.
The bolded shows u don't really know what you are talking about.

By the way I never said bailout was an acquisition i said by extension it is which means, you can negotiate terms from the position of strength since you are the creditor and those terms could be implemented before the money is released. It seems you are getting a different idea i am not interested in the necessity of the bail out what but do the tax payers get it return. according to what you are saying, the creditors(fed) made money through the money they gave out but is that the primary concern of the fed?

What is the special thing they do on K street? Are we talking about this same K street in NW or is there any other? Abeg tell me what's special about K street because I've been gone from DC but definitely not too long.

Haha... I don't know what I'm talking about... Yes, I really don't. I admit. Tell me more. grin

Of course, like duh, most of the banks have paid their debt, like what do you think? GM paid, BoA paid off, Goldman PAID, AIG paid off, tons of them already paid off, so what exactly is your point? You're not interested in the necessity of bailout but you're interested in knowing why the FG did not negotiate foreclosure mandates... Hmm, I just wrote an episode why the govt's primary interest for not negotiating such is because 1. the credit system would have collapsed, leaving the govt at risk and 2. Unlike federal banking laws, there are no federal mortgage.

I will say this again, the primary concern of the fed was to safeguard the banking/credit system... Whether they made profit or not (of cos), money ain't free, the benefit outweighs whatever cost.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
That's my president cool
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Missy89(f): 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
manny4life:

What is the special thing they do on K street? Are we talking about this same K street in NW or is there any other? Abeg tell me what's special about K street because I've been gone from DC but definitely not too long.

Haha... I don't know what I'm talking about... Yes, I really don't. I admit. Tell me more. grin

Of course, like duh, most of the banks have paid their debt, like what do you think? GM paid, BoA paid off, Goldman PAID, AIG paid off, tons of them already paid off, so what exatcly is your point? You're not interested in the necessity of bailout but you're interested in knowing why the FG did not negotiate foreclosure mandates... Hmm,

I will say this again, the primary concern of the fed was to safeguard the credit system... Whether they made profit or not (of cos), money ain't free, the benefit outweighs whatever cost.

K street is were most of the lobby firms are. that's where they write the bills.
you wrote my question in your response but there is no reply why is that?
It doesn't matter if the debt was paid back or not. you can't deliberately sell what will crash the market , and get a bail out (negotiated by obama wh0res) and call that a victory.
The fed responsibility is to safeguard the system, but they couldn't give the bail out to the banks without a political approval. so what did the creditors get in return?. US wasn't the only country that was in recession then, but almost every other country bailed out their banks and companies but there was a compromise apart from making profit off it.

So you cant name one conviction of obama. isn't that enough to show you he is just a typical politician thru and thru?
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Missy89(f): 11:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
kobonaire: baseless? Why have the Caucasian pix stopped ...?? tongue

so you were cornered and you chickened out of a debate and blamed it on the Koch brothers grin

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by kobonaire(m): 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Missy89:

so you were cornered and you chickened out of a debate and blamed it on the Koch brothers grin

Ah my favourite character .... Ron Burgundy ... Missy ... we be fast friends now .... peace

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by GuyFawkes: 12:00am On Aug 05, 2014
Someone doesn't know K street shocked
#Okbye

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by azezola(m): 12:24am On Aug 05, 2014
Hbd to a pussy Niger, worst president of all time, putin and Netanyahu are coming to woop your coward ass, dumass.
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by KMB: 12:33am On Aug 05, 2014
Can't you just let him be the birthday boy for a day?! Na wa o.

Happy Birthday Jare my month mate

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by iluvpomo(m): 12:56am On Aug 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: A big Happy Birthday to one of the worst Presidents we've elected thus far.
Surely GW takes that cake ...
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 05, 2014
Happy Birthday, my friend!

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 05, 2014
HBD Barry
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Barack Obama by pussypounder(m): 3:03am On Aug 05, 2014
Happy birthday Barack Ogrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ugly Stars / Flavour Shares Shirtless Photos From His Studio / Pasuma Wonder Reach D Promise Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.