Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,671 members, 7,862,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us (854 Views)

How Many African Countries Are In Support Of Biafra? / In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? / What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by Eyanuholuwa(f): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
Is Nigeria really growing as a nation considering the fact that we have corrupt Leaders......I think this should be a great concern to all Nigerians, above all I think we should pray and try our to go against corruption.....Pls buddies comment and tell me your view about it.....GOOD PEOPLE,GREAT NATION!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by ITbomb(m): 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
Tell me how any other country in Africa is better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by bigass(f): 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
ITbomb: Tell me how any other country in Africa is better than Nigeria

many African countries have constant light. Good roads pipe borne water(not bore holes o) pry health cares. In short in many African countries. Citizens feel the existence of their government.

Here in Nigeria. You provide your own light water security. Roads are bad no light no emergency care nothing just you and your God

2 Likes

Re: How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
Giant of shame and poverty
Re: How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by ITbomb(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
bigass:

many African countries have constant light. Good roads pipe borne water(not bore holes o) pry health cares. In short in many African countries. Citizens feel the existence of their government.

Here in Nigeria. You provide your own light water security. Roads are bad no light no emergency care nothing just you and your God
Which other African country is the economy robust enough for the citizens afford to provide those things that you listed when the government or even international aids cannot provide?
That ironically is the strength of Nigeria.
We don't feel the existence of government because we are too unconcerned about what they do.
You talk about pipe borne water but you don't care about what is happening at your local government council. You are ranting and waiting for Goodluck to come and repair your roads but sing praises when your governor dash away few thousand naira out of the billions allocated to maintain your roads.

If I should ask you, can you make a change in your community? Are you a member of a party at your ward? Do you tell your leaders what you expect of them whenever you meet them?
It all begins with you

1 Like

Re: How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by bigass(f): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
ITbomb:
Which other African country is the economy robust enough for the citizens afford to provide those things that you listed when the government or even international aids cannot provide?
That ironically is the strength of Nigeria.
We don't feel the existence of government because we are too unconcerned about what they do.
You talk about pipe borne water but you don't care about what is happening at your local government council. You are ranting and waiting for Goodluck to come and repair your roads but sing praises when your governor dash away few thousand naira out of the billions allocated to maintain your roads.

If I should ask you, can you make a change in your community? Are you a member of a party at your ward? Do you tell your leaders what you expect of them whenever you meet them?
It all begins with you

I am ranting? I should grace you with No further comment.but.... With you reasoning, it means children must ask their parents before they receive care. And any child who does not bother should be neglected. People are elected to office to serve. Stop defending our useless leaders. Leaders determine the direction of any country. Even God Gave Isrealites leaders.

When American leaders developed social security in the 1930s, average American s resisted it, today they enjoy it.

When Isreali leaders developed iron dome against missiles today they all enjoy it.

when Briton develeoped NHS for her citizen's health. was it the citizens that demanded it? No. the leaders of thought.

Any country where leaders ONLY work when citizens demand action is a failed state.

I know you are paid to attack online but stop thinking everybody is attacking Jonathan.
Re: How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by bigass(f): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
FYI Jonathan is a failure. Just like any other leader we have had
Re: How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by atlwireles: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
bigass:

I am ranting? I should grace you with No further comment.but.... With you reasoning, it means children must ask their parents before they receive care. And any child who does not bother should be neglected. People are elected to office to serve. Stop defending our useless leaders. Leaders determine the direction of any country. Even God Gave Isrealites leaders.

When American leaders developed social security in the 1930s, average American s resisted it, today they enjoy it.

When Isreali leaders developed iron dome against missiles today they all enjoy it.

when Briton develeoped NHS for her citizen's health. was it the citizens that demanded it? No. the leaders of thought.

Any country where leaders ONLY work when citizens demand action is a failed state.

I know you are paid to attack online but stop thinking everybody is attacking Jonathan.

You failed to understand, the point he was trying to make. Nigeria is called the giant of Africa, not because of her government but her people.

3 Likes

Re: How Will Nigeria Be The Giant Of Africa When Other Countries Are Better Than Us by ITbomb(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
bigass: FYI Jonathan is a failure. Just like any other leader we have had

Did you say your name is big asss hole? cool

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio Live On NTA'S Goodmorning Nigeria / Nationwide Electricity Peaks At 4500MW As Brazilian Firm Builds 700mw Plant / Most Parts Of Borno Now Occupied By Boko Haram – SSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.