Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? (11477 Views)

Workforce/sterling Bank Recruitment For DSA Contract / Apply Now For Graduate Direct Sales Agents (DSA) Recruitment In A Nigerian Bank / Pls What Next FCMB DSA Chat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
Guys, plsi need your candid opinion on this. Just got a job as DSA in skye bank, and am to resume tonorrow, the salary base is 40k at ile oluji..Am still working in a beer ware house, where i earn approximately 18k..there was target attach to the DSA work; to open 30 account and to bring 5million naira every month. if am unable to meet the target, i will be ejected after the 3rd month...should i go for it or continue with my present job..
please its urgent!!

1 Like

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Rich4god(m): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
5 mil every month... Dem go give you gun... Abi e get person wey get huge money wey never get account...well i dont have much to say, but if you have friends thatcan be able to deposite some reasonable amount of money, then you can go for the job... Am sure you must not meet that 5mil per month(maybe 2.5/3 mil will do)... But if you dont have rich friends and you think you cant meet the target, then do what is neccessary. For me, i wont pick a job that will keep me tensive every time...

6 Likes

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Davland(m): 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
If u re gud @ Marketing,connected ,a risk-taker & u think d chances of u meeting ur target is up to 70- 80%,u can kiss ur present job goodbye but if not

SURU-LERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by alotofgrace(m): 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
ayobami52: Guys, plsi need your candid opinion on this. Just got a job as DSA in skye bank, and am to resume tonorrow, the salary base is 40k at ile oluji..Am still working in a beer ware house, where i earn approximately 18k..there was target attach to the DSA work; to open 30 account and to bring 5million naira every month. if am unable to meet the target, i will be ejected after the 3rd month...should i go for it or continue with my present job..
please its urgent!!

lots of guys seeking fp these days. but if u really serious about this bro i will advice you to give it a gun to know what you are made of
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by davide470(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
ayobami52: Guys, plsi need your candid opinion on this. Just got a job as DSA in skye bank, and am to resume tonorrow, the salary base is 40k at ile oluji..Am still working in a beer ware house, where i earn approximately 18k..there was target attach to the DSA work; to open 30 account and to bring 5million naira every month. if am unable to meet the target, i will be ejected after the 3rd month...should i go for it or continue with my present job..
please its urgent!!
First, I would say Congrats! A lot of people are looking for this same DSA Job. Staying in a beer warehouse guarantee comfort, but if you really want to see or taste the corporate side of life, I would advise you to leave immediately. Not sure the 5million target warrants a sack, its your dedication they would be looking out for. Stand out, be the best in terms of punctuality and service. Work hard and try to meet the 30accounts per month(at least achieve one). Experience counts in everything, including marketing. Na from Job them dey get Job. Cheers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by EngrSirwhite: 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Plz who knws hw much stanbic ibtc bank pay thier marketers
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ernie4life(m): 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
My dear yours is better, i go thesame job as a DSA in an investment company and my target is 40million, guess what? I took the job, because i believe i can never know my potentials until am pushed, either ways the experience and exposure is something to me, my dear take the job and give it your best, if somebody has ever met the target then believe also u can make it. At least give it a trial
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
alotofgrace:

lots of guys seeking fp these days. but if u really serious about this bro i will advice you to give it a gun to know what you are made of
honestly bro, this is not a matter of fb...its happening, and dont know my decision yet...your contributions will go a long way in helping to decide before tomorow...
i really appreciate your contribution!!!
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
davide470: First, I would say Congrats! A lot of people are looking for this same DSA Job. Staying in a beer warehouse guarantee comfort, but if you really want to see or taste the corporate side of life, I would advise you to leave immediately. Not sure the 5million target warrants a sack, its your dedication they would be looking out for. Stand out, be the best in terms of punctuality and service. Work hard and try to meet the 30accounts per month(at least achieve one). Experience counts in everything, including marketing. Na from Job them dey get Job. Cheers.
Tanks bro for your thought about this....i will do appraisal on it!
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
please mod, help me on this, need much opinion before 8am tomorrow...i dont want to miss two jobs...
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by alotofgrace(m): 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
ayobami52:
honestly bro, this is not a matter of fb...its happening, and dont know my decision yet...your contributions will go a long way in helping to decide before tomorow...
i really appreciate your contribution!!!

bro, 40k outweighs 17k. u get 120 in 3 months, guaranteed !!
u save probably 80k ryt?
i will advice u put ur convincing skills to test.

my vote, therefore, is go ahead

2 Likes

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Sweetie0146: 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
i tink u shud go for the job, eventhough dey later sacked u, which i dont pray for, atleast u ve save money frm dere, because wit 17k u re collectin b4 i dnt tink u can acc. for dat. pray over it, God will direct ur way.
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by sonssyo: 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
just takeit.experience is sure.u wil be exposed. d more.believe me u wil hv serious pressure frm ur ogas,dnt panic.package urself wela, u

can even get contracts as a banker,girls go dey rush u.frm there u wil get another beta job
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Sweetie0146: i tink u shud go for the job, eventhough dey later sacked u, which i dont pray for, atleast u ve save money frm dere, because wit 17k u re collectin b4 i dnt tink u can acc. for dat. pray over it, God will direct ur way.
Tanks so much for this....
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
[/quote]
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Marvin67: 11:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hmmm DSA job. The most dreaded job in the Nigerian labour market. Now this is it. You'd have to evaluate. First u said u earn 18k monthly at ur present place of work. Is the 18k after expenses? Do u have to pay tfare to work? The 40k the bank would give u is not called salary cos that's the money they expect u to do all ur running around with. If u meet the target of 5m, u get a bonus, but don't depend on that. Calculate based on that 40k, at the end of the month, u may be left with just 20k after transport cos as a DSA you'd do a lot of running around. But then again, it gives u a different kind of experience, and adds as a boost to your cv. I've rejected two DSA jobs with two different banks and I have no regrets about it but I won't advice u to reject this one straight away. I'd rather say u should evaluate it, look at ur person, ask urself what u want, and look at the other opportunities u have or that re likely to come up, then make a decision. At the end of the day, lagos is not about how much u earn it's about how much u can save

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Coldplay007(f): 12:23am On Aug 05, 2014
Lol.. 5 million per month, from Ile Oluji?? grin
Take this job at your peril.. who will give you 5 million in Ile oluji? If you were a lady, you might have a chance...

1 Like

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 6:26am On Aug 05, 2014
Marvin67: Hmmm DSA job. The most dreaded job in the Nigerian labour market. Now this is it. You'd have to evaluate. First u said u earn 18k monthly at ur present place of work. Is the 18k after expenses? Do u have to pay tfare to work? The 40k the bank would give u is not called salary cos that's the money they expect u to do all ur running around with. If u meet the target of 5m, u get a bonus, but don't depend on that. Calculate based on that 40k, at the end of the month, u may be left with just 20k after transport cos as a DSA you'd do a lot of running around. But then again, it gives u a different kind of experience, and adds as a boost to your cv. I've rejected two DSA jobs with two different banks and I have no regrets about it but I won't advice u to reject this one straight away. I'd rather say u should evaluate it, look at ur person, ask urself what u want, and look at the other opportunities u have or that re likely to come up, then make a decision. At the end of the day, lagos is not about how much u earn it's about how much u can save
tanks for the breakdown..the location is ile oluji in ondo state. No accomodation for me there yet,wil have to find and feeding..That is why am thinking against the job.
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by destinedfranks: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2014
stay where you are.
please its urgent!!

1 Like

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 05, 2014
Don't fall victim of use and dump my advice for you is to leave the job and look for a better one. Do you think its easy to get 5million naira in a month. Even in Lagos where we have frustrating people here and there including scammers too.. Its not easy. You go work like say tomorrow no dey and you go still get competitors from other banks just for peanut.. How much is 40k as a salary. My guy the pay no worth the struggle. They want to exploit you run bro

1 Like

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2014
shynapolscience: Don't fall victim of use and dump my advice for you is to leave the job and look for a better one. Do you think its easy to get 5million naira in a month. Even in Lagos where we have frustrating people here and there including scammers too.. Its not easy. You go work like say tomorrow no dey and you go still get competitors from other banks just for peanut.. How much is 40k as a salary. My guy the pay no worth the struggle. They want to exploit you run bro
tanks bro...
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Acidosis(m): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2014

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by texasbullet(m): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2014
hello fellow NL pls i need ur candid advice am a B.Sc holder, marketing to be precise and am jobless thou am fresh in d market. Someone offered me a driving job or DSA with diamond bank, and am confused abt the one to go for pls i need good advice and possible pay for a driver with that bank thanks

1 Like

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 05, 2014
texasbullet: hello fellow NL pls i need ur candid advice am a B.Sc holder, marketing to be precise and am jobless thou am fresh in d market. Someone offered me a driving job or DSA with diamond bank, and am confused abt the one to go for pls i need good advice and possible pay for a driver with that bank thanks
you studied marketing in school, then why running away from it? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by texasbullet(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2014
MarvellousGod: you studied marketing in school, then why running away from it? undecided
Its because many pple don't understand the real concept of marketing even the so call HR, the function of DSA is not that of a marketer, but that of a sales person its saddens my @ when I see a responsibility of a sales person being matched to a marketer. Let me put some light Marketers are meant to inconjuction with the production mgr to design a product, and then sales pple do the selling with the guide of a marketer. Any product that is being developed through this process usually do well in the market because, because the first question we marketers ask our selfs is that. Do they need the product ? How do they need the product ? And why should I design the product this way ?

1 Like

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Davland(m): 11:47am On Aug 05, 2014
texasbullet: hello fellow NL pls i need ur candid advice am a B.Sc holder, marketing to be precise and am jobless thou am fresh in d market. Someone offered me a driving job or DSA with diamond bank, and am confused abt the one to go for pls i need good advice and possible pay for a driver with that bank thanks
u studied marketing,den go & market anything marketable

drivers pay in a bank i know(thou not diamond) is btw 30-35k + out of station allowance

1 Like

Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by texasbullet(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
Davland:
u studied marketing,den go & market anything marketable

drivers pay in a bank i know(thou not diamond) is btw 30-35k + out of station allowance

Thanks bro I really appreciate this, but being a marketer does not mean I should be trying to sell an ice to an eskimo
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
texasbullet:
Its because many pple don't understand the real concept of marketing even the so call HR, the function of DSA is not that of a marketer, but that of a sales person its saddens my @ when I see a responsibility of a sales person being matched to a marketer. Let me put some light Marketers are meant to inconjuction with the production mgr to design a product, and then sales pple do the selling with the guide of a marketer. Any product that is being developed through this process usually do well in the market because, because the first question we marketers ask our selfs is that. Do they need the product ? How do they need the product ? And why should I design the product this way ?
eeeyyyaaa, quite saddening shaa...it's well...

Don't know wht to say, have no answers to your questions..wish you success
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by ayobami52(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2014
Marvin67: Hmmm DSA job. The most dreaded job in the Nigerian labour market. Now this is it. You'd have to evaluate. First u said u earn 18k monthly at ur present place of work. Is the 18k after expenses? Do u have to pay tfare to work? The 40k the bank would give u is not called salary cos that's the money they expect u to do all ur running around with. If u meet the target of 5m, u get a bonus, but don't depend on that. Calculate based on that 40k, at the end of the month, u may be left with just 20k after transport cos as a DSA you'd do a lot of running around. But then again, it gives u a different kind of experience, and adds as a boost to your cv. I've rejected two DSA jobs with two different banks and I have no regrets about it but I won't advice u to reject this one straight away. I'd rather say u should evaluate it, look at ur person, ask urself what u want, and look at the other opportunities u have or that re likely to come up, then make a decision. At the end of the day, lagos is not about how much u earn it's about how much u can save
the 18k am earning s minus transport and feeding.,my boss gives me that seperately..so am actually banking 18k everymonth,expect i do my personal expenses on it....but the 40k to be offered me in the DSA work.,wilk have to secure accomodation and feeding myself
Re: Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
Manage the job you have Ayobami. Be diligent and focused an develop yourself.
God has not called you to be a slave (DSA).
You have a good boss where you are... Continue with it and streamline your application to the experience you currently have.
Ile Oluji in Ondo right? There are no more than two banks in Ondo itself... There is no market for corporations there so there is nothing to think about.
Even if it's not Ondo Abeg manage what you have.

Well I have an uncle who was DSA for FCMB, for two years he struggled... He was married and had two kids... He was diligent, walking up and down to meet his targets. He was made regional marketing manager within the space of those two years and why did this happen because he was diligent and focused but of course he had no other option. His motivation was family.

The answer to your question is what is your motivation for wanting to take the DSA job?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. / The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria / N-power Batch C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.