Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement (10871 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / I Am Thinking Of Quiting These Jobs Because It Taking A Toll On Me / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Doremii: 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
If the name on someone ssce certificate is Tope Adam Folorunsho and his bsc and birth certificate is Folorunsho Tope Adam, is there a problem or the person can use the ssce like that ?

Will the person be denied a job? If so, what can the person do?
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
It does not matter. Carry on with it . It can't affect you but if you join politics your opponents will use it against you just like what enemies are doing to Tinubu

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Doremii: 6:51am On Sep 14, 2023
duro4chang:
It does not matter. Carry on with it . It cant affect you but if join politics your opponents will use it against you just like what enemies are doing to Tinubu
. Do you suggest a change of name on daily news paper because i am finding it difficult to apply for rearrangement of name on the waec certificate as it is over 10 years I took the exam and I didn't bother about it since I was able to use it for admission or should I just rewrite ssce?

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by zealousayo(m): 6:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
. Do you suggest a change of name on daily news paper because i am finding it difficult to applied for rearrangement of name on the waec certificate as it is over 10 years I took the exam and I didn't bother about it since I was able to use it for admission or should I just rewrite another ssce?
If you write another SSCE, red flags would definitely be raised. Don't you think it's a bigger issue if your secondary school certificate is carrying a date later than your degree certificate?

10 Likes

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Doremii: 7:09am On Sep 14, 2023
zealousayo:

If you write another SSCE, red flags would definitely be raised. Don't you think it's a bigger issue if your secondary school certificate is carrying a date later than your degree certificate?
. Yeah you are right but I have seen someone who had hnd, PgD, master and PhD, who later obtained his Bsc just because he wasn't given a position of full time lecturerat the university because he had hnd at first. However, I guess that newspaper publication and a high court affidavit will suffice then.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 8:04am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
. Do you suggest a change of name on daily news paper because i am finding it difficult to applied for rearrangement of name on the waec certificate as it is over 10 years I took the exam and I didn't bother about it since I was able to use it for admission or should I just rewrite another ssce?
To me just leave it like that. My ordinary level result has my surname, middle name and first name but my university has my surname, first name and middle name. For years that I have been working, I have never been accused of using wrong name.

17 Likes

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Emma1Oj(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2023
I once attend an interview in one private schl. After going through stages, then the final stage was with the principal of the schl.

Honestly I was just looking at his mouth when he complained abt my MIDDLE NAME NOT BEING IN MY COLLEGE CERT. I jus told him the two cert has certificate number he shld go and confirm. That's an indirect way of sending him an errand. No be to seatdown for chair dey ask inconsequential questions.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Doremii: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2023
duro4chang:
To me just leave it like that. My ordinary level result has my surname, middle name and first name but my university has my surname, first name and middle name. For years that I have been working, I have never been accused of using wrong name.
ok, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Doremii: 8:37am On Sep 14, 2023
Emma1Oj:
I once attend an interview in one private schl. After going through stages, then the final stage was with the principal of the schl.

Honestly I was just looking at his mouth when he complained abt my MIDDLE NAME NOT BEING IN MY COLLEGE CERT. I jus told him the two cert has certificate number he shld go and confirm.
wow just because of middle name.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Emma1Oj(m): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
wow just because of middle name.
Yes. Most of them do look for one thing to complain Abt if they have their own candidate for the job.

17 Likes

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Eagle360(m): 9:39am On Sep 14, 2023
This should not be an issue.
Some organization will indicate that you should write names like this First name, Middle name and last name and while some will say Surname, firstname and Middle name.
Don't give yourself headache because 6/10 of people are in your category because many don't take this into consideration until recent.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Pastor137(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2023
shocked
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Meerahbel: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2023
Yes, because they are two different people, and you could be arrested for impersonation. Go to the court and Swear an affidavit
Doremii:
If the name on someone ssce certificate is Tope Adam Folorunsho and his bsc and birth certificate is Folorunsho Tope Adam, is there a problem or the person can use the ssce like that ?

Just as your monicker is DOREMII, are you also Dohrehmi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by LegallyBlunt: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2023
Yes

Especially if there's reason to believe you're not one and the same person.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2023
The company is not serious then,
They can frustrate for other reasons if they can reject you just because of name arrangements

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Jackson619007: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2023
It's no problem, but some places in Nigeria will want to use it and frustrate you .
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by hisexcellency34: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2023
Most times in Nigeria, interviews is not by your qualification or skills
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by NaughtyBrainiac: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2023
This arrangement seems perfect and correct.

What I see here is the issuing body.

One used arrangement:

First Name, Middle Name, Last Name

The other used arrangement:

Last Name, First Name, Middle Name

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Wizpa(m): 9:45am On Sep 14, 2023
All this nonsense doesn't matter if you can prove yourself intellectually and if you have more to offer to the company,
work on yourself,
better your communications
and improve your skills.

Companies these days are looking for people that can bring things to the table not irrelevances such as this.

Hope you understand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by YoungLionken(m): 9:46am On Sep 14, 2023
Well, it depends on the angle that your village people are hitting you from...
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Godjone(m): 9:46am On Sep 14, 2023
Ask Ebola the Chicago drug kingpin and the forger of CSU certificates
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by wunmi590(m): 9:46am On Sep 14, 2023

A wise person would know that was a mistake and they are bound to happen...

My wife drivers licence, after my surname, her last name followed instead of the first, and car document was arranged properly...

So she uses the drivers licence like that even in the bank, without any issue...

What is most important is if you are qualified and if your certificate is genuine or not...

Modified: For future sake, because Nigeria 🇳🇬 is a funny country, you can as well swear an avidavit.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Mosba: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2023
Yes for less even if there is no connection. I've seen alot to know that we are in an imbalance world.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by mrBlunt(m): 9:51am On Sep 14, 2023
There is no issue here at all. It's the same set of names, no new names added, no modification of spelling, there is even only a slight change in the order: the name that is the first in one is the last in another. No worries!
Doremii:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by wittywriter: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2023
duro4chang:
It does not matter. Carry on with it . It cant affect you but if join politics your opponents will use it against you just like what enemies are doing to Tinubu

ThiefnubuBandit:

Chronic ignoramus spotted. Your mates are breaking grounds in other parts of the world but you are here defending a criminal on top poverty. Chronic ignoramus.

Wittyness
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Stevosty: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2023
Even with three names spelt correctly, nothing is wrong with it oga.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2023
Meerahbel:
Yes, because they are two different people, and you could be arrested for impersonation. Go to the court and Swear an affidavit Just as your monicker is DOREMII, are you also Dohrehmi?
Arrest him for what crime?

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Myer(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:

Have you considered lodging a complaint to WAEC as a body? Either via email or their official social media accounts.
Some of thiese bodies are now under new management that are quite proactive.
See if you can do that instead of re-writing the exam which might raise red flags.

An affidavit too should suffice as someone suggested.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Starships4u(m): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2023
Most establishments look for reasons to disqualify applicants,
However, if yhur resume is quite catchy, they'd over look the name arrangements...
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by IfnobeGod20: 9:53am On Sep 14, 2023
No problem at all. It's just name rearrangement but where problem comes is introducing new name into it. Like for example as your real name is Tope Adam Folorunsho and your another certificate bears Tope Bogos Folorunsho. That is a clear departure from your real name. If you see Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo ask him a lot of questions, he will tell you a bitter story.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Attasco: 9:53am On Sep 14, 2023
My friend,go and swear an affidavit that ABC or BAC is the same person. That the general public should take note. As for your instance on HND,PGD,Masters abd PhD is a different scenario.How can you lecture a university without having a university degree? Truth be told, there's a big gap between the polytechnic education and university education. I have HND, Bsc ,Msc and currently on PHD program. There's more research work in the University than polytechnic. Also,the highest you can see in the polytechnic is a PhD holders while in the University you can have upto 10-15 Professors in a department.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? / NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? / Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Interview List Of Successful Candidates Shortlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.