Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country (1794 Views)

Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country / Which Job Opportunities Are Available For Chemistry Graduates In Nigeria / Jobs For Chemistry Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
I check job vacancies everyday on NL, jobberman, nigerianhotjobs etc, tis so surprising to note that jobs for chemistry and some science graduates are so rare.. So I ask myself, do they mean there's no job for we graduates in chemistry except we av connections.. Heard frm few of my friends working nw n as chemist and they sed tis thru one connection or the other... Pls I just need to know and see if I shld switch to Engineering
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Daluuzor(m): 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
just kip applying, and keep d hope alive. also a chemistry graduate, no job yet.
above all, God is d sure way, b patient.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Owoado(m): 2:24am On Aug 05, 2014
Most companies recruit graduates irrespective of d discipline, so keep hope alive. You can also get your Masters degree and become a lecturer.
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:50am On Aug 05, 2014
polymathic: I check job vacancies everyday on NL, jobberman, nigerianhotjobs etc, tis so surprising to note that jobs for chemistry and some science graduates are so rare.. So I ask myself, do they mean there's no job for we graduates in chemistry except we av connections.. Heard frm few of my friends working nw n as chemist and they sed tis thru one connection or the other... Pls I just need to know and see if I shld switch to Engineering
Switch your profession if its not too late (your age),most graduates are going for MSc because of unemployment and you can imagine the number of graduates queuing for the lecturing job,& Engineering is not a good alternative as you would need connections (I have a lot of Engineering graduates without job till now),& what was your class of degree in Chemistry,if you had 2.1 or 1.1,u can still keep the hopes alive,but I'd advise you to switch to probably a medical field,while still applying for a good job with ur 1.1 or 2.1.Know if you had a good degree there are lot of opportunities in even non related fields like KPMG,Banks etc

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Ok, I gotta keep my hope alive and keep praying as said.. Thanks y'all
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2014
Owoado: Most companies recruit graduates irrespective of d discipline, so keep hope alive. You can also get your Masters degree and become a lecturer.
that's d problem, I don't like lecturing that much
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2014
Daluuzor: just kip applying, and keep d hope alive. also a chemistry graduate, no job yet.
above all, God is d sure way, b patient.
I'm so sure the job will come.. Will keep applying... Thanks
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by ednut1(m): 8:13am On Aug 05, 2014
u can work in the commercial field na eg banks audit firms. its nt a must u practise wat u study na
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2014
ednut1: u can work in the commercial field na eg banks audit firms. its nt a must u practise wat u study na
sure, you're so right, but it depends on choice too...
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Owoado(m): 8:18am On Aug 05, 2014
polymathic: that's d problem, I don't like lecturing that much
remain positive, there's definitely something for you.
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 05, 2014
Owoado: remain positive, there's definitely something for you.
amen and thanks so much
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by benzion72(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2014
Get the society needed chemicals to combat the society needs and you make tons of money.
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Owoado(m): 11:01am On Aug 05, 2014
polymathic: amen and thanks so much
u welcom broda
Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by Iniobon(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
Owoado: Most companies recruit graduates irrespective of d discipline, so keep hope alive. You can also get your Masters degree and become a lecturer.
where is the Lecturing job? The labour market is supersaturated. There are a lots of master graduates without jobs out there. The key word here is ''God's favour'' because even with first degree you can still get a lecturing job. I advised you wait for God's time.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Future Of Chemistry Graduates In This Country by jayshadow: 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
There is still hope, also a chemist. Dnt limit urself to applyin 4 science related jobs...u nid try other jobs in other fields, especially jobs for entry level graduates, if you have no job experience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Writers Wanted - Monthly Pay Job / How To Arrange A Good CV / Part Time Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.