Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,447 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy (2760 Views)

On Buhari I Smell Some Good Luck -punch / Who Created The Ebola Virus? / Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by sammyjay3(m): 9:04am On Aug 05, 2014
Fellow Nigerians, I became suddenly suspicious when I listened to the news of the recovery of the American Doctor who contracted the Ebola virus while treating a patience in Liberia. I smear a vicious conspiracy when I examined the following facts:
First, I learnt that Professor Maurice Iwu has been carrying out research in AMERICA on the efficacy of bitter kola in fighting viral infections. So, how did he so soon know that bitter kola can cure Ebola virus when it has not cured HIV/AIDS?
Second, an AMERICO-LIBERIAN who had no business or family in Nigeria and who knew fully well that he has the virus flew to Nigeria simply to die and infected several people well over 70 on his way. I asked myself why come to Nigeria when you know the deadly nature of the virus you carry, even against the advise of your wife?
Third and most important, only the American Doctor who was flown back to the USA in a Presidential colourful ceremony is now responding to treatment. Don't you think it's a very good marketing strategy?
I smell a huge conspiracy! Just this morning, our Minister of Health said he has contacted the Hospital that treated the American doctor in America and they have promised to help. How? Certainly by awarding several billions of dollars of our scarce resources to cure patients!
I smell a rat! Where did the hospital in America suddenly got the medicine to treat the American doctor when the Ebola virus is new and it is associated with bushmeat in Africa? It appears there was an expectation of something from an experiment of which we were not aware of.
Chai! There is God ooo!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by arvinsloane(m): 9:23am On Aug 05, 2014
let's watch and see.
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by hazyfm: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2014
[size=20pt]Hmmm... What else do you smell Sammy?[/size]
[size=20pt] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Firefire(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2014
sammyjay3: Fellow Nigerians, I became suddenly suspicious when I listened to the news of the recovery of the American Doctor who contracted the Ebola virus while treating a patience in Liberia. I smear a vicious conspiracy when I examined the following facts:
First, I learnt that Professor Maurice Iwu has been carrying out research in AMERICA on the efficacy of bitter kola in fighting viral infections. So, how did he so soon know that bitter kola can cure Ebola virus when it has not cured HIV/AIDS?
Second, an AMERICO-LIBERIAN who had no business or family in Nigeria and who knew fully well that he has the virus flew to Nigeria simply to die and infected several people well over 70 on his way. I asked myself why come to Nigeria when you know the deadly nature of the virus you carry, even against the advise of your wife?
Third and most important, only the American Doctor who was flown back to the USA in a Presidential colourful ceremony is now responding to treatment. Don't you think it's a very good marketing strategy?
I smell a huge conspiracy! Just this morning, our Minister of Health said he has contacted the Hospital that treated the American doctor in America and they have promised to help. How? Certainly by awarding several billions of dollars of our scarce resources to cure patients!
I smell a rat! Where did the hospital in America suddenly got the medicine to treat the American doctor when the Ebola virus is new and it is associated with bushmeat in Africa? It appears there was an expectation of something from an experiment of which we were not aware of.
Chai! There is God ooo!

I am fully aligned with your submission.

This Ebola, ebola, ebola noise is a huge conspiracy by the UN, WHO and the American government.

Ebola has been around since the ‘70s while sudden noise in 2014?

Unfortunately my business colleagues are afraid of coming to Nigeria by postponing the business meeting due to Ebola scare.

So, Boko Haram could not achieve their wicked prophesy of Nigeria break-up in 2015? They now introduce Ebola through the Liberia man to Nigeria abi

America continue, dearisgod. sad

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 05, 2014
Where is the common sense in this thread? Who forced you to eat monkeys and fruit bats?
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by sammyjay3(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2014
CoolHunk: Where is the common sense in this thread? Who forced you to eat monkeys and fruit bats?
my friend park well joor so u mean only those that ate bat nd monkeys are liable of contracting the disease abi? How about contracting it from another person that has the disease.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2014
sammyjay3: my friend park well joor so u mean only those that ate bat nd monkeys are liable of contracting the disease abi? How about contracting it from another person that has the disease.
Monkey/bat eaters started the cycle.
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by stevecantrell: 11:05am On Aug 05, 2014
Somebody is about to cash-in big with this secret serum but not until the virus has done a good job of reducing the population on the west africa coast.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by davno: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
Critical thinking!!!
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by stevecantrell: 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
Well it seems the serum was flown to Liberia after all.

There is a cure for Ebola, we have it, we just don’t let anyone use it., by Greg Laden

Three vials containing an experimental drug
stored at subzero temperatures were flown into Liberia last week in a last-ditch effort to save two American missionary workers who had contracted Ebola, according to a source familiar with details of the treatment.
The drug appears to have worked, sources say.

Dr. Kent Brantly’s and Nancy Writebol’s
conditions significantly improved after receiving the medication, sources say. Brantly was able to walk into Emory University Hospital in Atlanta after being evacuated to the United States last week, and Writebol is expected to arrive in Atlanta on Tuesday

On July 22, Brantly woke up feeling feverish.
Fearing the worst, Brantly immediately isolated himself. Writebol’s symptoms started three days later. A rapid field blood test confirmed the infection in both of them after they had become ill with fever, vomiting and diarrhea.

It’s believed both Brantly and Writebol, who
worked with the aid organization Samaritan’s
Purse, contracted Ebola from another health
care worker at their hospital in Liberia, although the official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention case investigation has yet to bereleased.

A representative from the National Institutes of
Health contacted Samaritan’s Purse in Liberia
and offered the experimental treatment, known as ZMapp, for the two patients, according to the source.

The drug was developed by the biotech firm
Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc., which is based in San Diego. The patients were told that this
treatment had never been tried before in a
human being but had shown promise in small
experiments with monkeys.

According to company documents, four
monkeys infected with Ebola survived after
being given the therapy within 24 hours after
infection. Two of four other monkeys that
started therapy within 48 hours after infection
also survived. One monkey that was not treateddied within five days of exposure to the virus.

Brantly and Writebol were aware of the risk of
taking a new, little understood treatment and
gave informed consent, according to two
sources familiar with the care of the missionary workers.

In the monkeys, the experimental
serum had been given within 48 hours of
infection. Brantly didn’t receive it until he’d
been sick for nine days.

The medicine is a three-mouse monoclonal
antibody, meaning that mice were exposed to
fragments of the Ebola virus and then the
antibodies generated within the mice’s blood
were harvested to create the medicine. It works by preventing the virus from entering and infecting new cells.

The Ebola virus causes viral hemorrhagic fever,which refers to a group of viruses that affectmultiple organ systems in the body and are often accompanied by bleeding.
Early symptoms include sudden onset of fever,
weakness, muscle pain, headaches and a sore
throat.

They later progress to vomiting,
diarrhea, impaired kidney and liver function —
and sometimes internal and external bleeding.
The ZMapp vials reached the hospital in Liberia
where Brantly and Writebol were being treated
Thursday morning.

Doctors were instructed to
allow the serum to thaw naturally without any
additional heat. It was expected that it would beeight to 10 hours before the medicine could begiven, according to a source familiar with the process.

Brantly asked that Writebol be given the first
dose because he was younger and he thought
he had a better chance of fighting it, and she
agreed. However, as the first vial was still
thawing, Brantly’s condition took a sudden turn for the worse.

Brantly began to deteriorate and developed
labored breathing. He told his doctors he
thought he was dying, according to a source
with firsthand knowledge of the situation.
Knowing his dose was still frozen, Brantly asked

if he could have Writebol’s now-thawed
medication. It was brought to his room and
administered through an IV. Within an hour of
receiving the medication, Brantly’s condition
dramatically improved. He began breathing
easier; the rash over his trunk faded away.

One of his doctors described the events as
“miraculous.” By the next morning, Brantly was able to take a shower on his own before getting on a specially designed Gulfstream air ambulance jet to be
evacuated to the United States.
Writebol also received a vial of the medication.
Her response was not as remarkable, according to sources familiar with the treatment.

However,
doctors on Sunday administered Writebol a
second dose of the medication, which resulted
in significant improvement.
She was stable enough to be evacuated back to
the United States and is expected to arrive
before noon Tuesday.

The process by which the medication was madeavailable to Brantly and Writebol is highly
unusual. ZMapp has not been approved for
human use, and has not even gone through theclinical trial process, which is standard to prove the safety and efficacy of a medication.

It may have been given under the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s “compassionate use” regulation, which allows access to
investigational drugs outside clinical trials.
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by BodyKiss(m): 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
hazyfm: [size=20pt]Hmmm... What else do you smell Sammy?[/size]
[size=20pt] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

Damn, you fvckin killed it. grin
The Op is highly deluded.
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by BodyKiss(m): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
There's always somebody somewhere that always wants to kill you, if not from your village, it's the Americans, your envious colleague or neighbour.
It's the African way, never ever look for solution to any problem, it's more easier to pick someone to blame.

Op, you sound very dumb.
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by stevecantrell: 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nigeria Considers U.S. Experimental Ebola
Drug for Sick Doctor

By Yinka Ibukun

August 05, 2014 11:14 AM EDT

As
the Ebola virus continues to spread across
parts of Africa, a second doctor infected with
the disease has arrived in the U.S. for
treatment.

Nigeria is considering applying for a dose of the
experimental Ebola therapy given to two
Americans to treat a Nigerian doctor who
contracted the virus.

The female doctor who treated a Liberian victim
of Ebola before he was diagnosed is receiving
care in a hospital in Nigeria’s commercial capital of Lagos, Jide Idris, the state’s commissioner for health, told reporters today in the city.

“We will exploit the possibility of getting some,”
Idris said. “There are protocols involved.”

San Diego-based Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc.’s
experimental ZMapp drug had only been tested
on infected animals before it was given to Kent
Brantly and Nancy Writebol, U.S. health workers
who were infected with the virus in Liberia.

The Nigerian doctor is the country’s only
confirmed case of Ebola, which has sickened
1,603 people in West Africa, killing 887,
according to the World Health Organization. Most
of the cases are in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra
Leone.

Nigeria is monitoring another seven other people
who came into contact with Patrick Sawyer, a
Liberian government worker who died in a Lagos
hospital on July 25, five days after flying into the
country.

Nigeria is Africa’s biggest economy and its most
populous nation of about 170 million people.

To contact the reporter on this story: Yinka
Ibukun in Lagos at yibukun@bloomberg.net
To contact the editors responsible for this story:
Antony Sguazzin at asguazzin@bloomberg.net
Sarah McGregor, Dulue Mbachu

Secondary Source : Twitter @mytotalhealthng
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Saifullah01: 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
Let me tell u how this will play out.

A pharmaceutical company that has been having cash flow problems but hiding it from investors has developed a cure for Ebola , but due to the low publicity of the virus it won't rake in millions. So they decide to stage a publicity stunt in Africa. They employ services of former staffs and board members who currently work for WHO or it's affiliates to raise the alert level of Ebola to red. Rag tag African countries and their healthcare providers are terrorised into submission (or desertion as is the case of Liberia) with the help of 'doctors without borders'.

Just incase the world is not shaken to donate billions to 'save Africa' add the most populous black nation to the epidemic scare list.(that should do it). Just when the billions are in UN coffers and Africa is on the verge total lock down. An angel (in our case an American pharmaceutical company) comes along with the cure and viola, the show is over.

PostScript
An American company, parent company or variable interest entity with previously negative cash flow but positive earnings turns into a blue chip company. Some anonymous individual offshore accounts are fixed for some years with millions of dollars and the other companies plan yet again on how to rape Africa again.
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by stevecantrell: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Muhaymin(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
As a biologist, Ebola is invented by the dis oyinbo people.....ive watched world war Z and alot of scientific films and i know how it is done because in our fore-father's days bushmeat is only source of protein so how come is it poisonous to our era. The fact that the Ebola viral can be invented, transmitted to some certain animals and infected the others which can also be transmitted to humans and they can be called zoonotic disease.
#Aim:Their purpose might be eradication of animal hunting,market strategies, ripping africans of their wealth etc. u know wat i mean grin grin grin
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
CoolHunk: Where is the common sense in this thread? Who forced you to eat monkeys and fruit bats?
^^ Are you insane?
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by SOUNDKING: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
My broda i smel what u smel oo
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
quid:
^^ Are you insane?
I should be the one asking that question.
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
CoolHunk:
I should be one asking that question.
Oh no.
Quit spreading propaganda and pseudo science

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
quid:
Oh no.
Quit spreading propaganda and pseudo science
Huh?!! You need a good rest.
Re: Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 06, 2014
CoolHunk:
Huh?!! You need a good rest.
Yes. You need a good rest away from self-defeating white-supremacist indoctrination

(1) (Reply)

Does Buhari Hate The Igbo? / APC Town Hall Meeting In Benin. Osinbajo, Fashola & Oshiomole Are Live. / This Is One Of The Clowns Working For The Presidential Media Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.