Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. (37393 Views)

The Chronicles Of An Enthusiastic Agriprenure / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / Short Report: How To Start Cat-fish Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by BomboyOnline: 12:37am On Mar 10, 2016
jam04:
made a sumptuous meal of coconut rice stew with this.. dont ask me what i used to step it down lipsrsealed

Don't get high on your supply.

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
Omo mehnnn...I was banned for 3 weeks by the Mods just for posting on my fp thread. . How can you just suspend an account for 3 weeks! Its absurd
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
BomboyOnline:

Don't get high on your supply.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Fish sales pictures will be uploaded. Price is not too good, maybe because of the economy. In all profit was made
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by nakscin(m): 3:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Good day all...plz if der is a wats app group...i 'll love to be added...08092520556
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:38am On Mar 16, 2016
Pre-sales pictures.. Sorry for the long wait.

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2016
Due to the rising cost of raw materials which didn't reflect on the final sale most fish farmers have resorted to sharp practices and unpleasant treatment for their fishes. This is where the knowledge of fish substitute comes in.
How can you feed your fishes chicken intestines, poultry waste etc As funny at this sound it is also very irritating and dirty..yuck!!
Raising catfish is more than just buying good seeds and having flow through water system( seems this is the new 'format' so-called consultants and gurus now use to swindle clients) you must know what your fish feed on and its make-up, what you can substitute it with if the main material becomes scarce of expensive. I have seen people substitute cow blood meal for fish meal.lool. Its like drinking cow blood instead of fish or meat or egg. lol
Get it right and you will always smile to the bank with God by your side. Fish feed production is currently expensive and it is telling on sales but genuine farmers are still making bumper profits.
As at today a kilo sells for 600 naira

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2016
These are the fishes that were sold. we stock 4800 inside this pond and we had an average weight of 1.4kg with over 87% spread.
We made use of compressed soya instead of the toasted one to achieve the brackish and fleshy skin. It is also cheaper than whole soya

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2016
Will upload the video if network permits

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2016
Profit is sweet after labour smiley

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:35am On Mar 16, 2016
More.. They bought 3 tons.

Quite impressive grin

They came all the way from Nasarawa

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:45am On Mar 16, 2016
Load it up cool

*update* we are working with Fish research institute on a better medium through which catfish can be transported rather than this basins. It will reduce stress and mortality.

We have already started transporting our fingerlings in aerated bags, those that bought from us on nairaland especially that man from port-harcourt can attest to it. He was surprised as how healthy the fishes were and none were stressed. We are constantly working on finding better ways to reduce loss so as to maximise profit due this time in our economy

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by peetayo: 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nice one
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2016
peetayo:
Nice one

Thank you
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by peetayo: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2016
How to go about the aquifer, is the real deal
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
peetayo:
How to go about the aquifer, is the real deal

You will buy land where it exist. We have some in our zone
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by peetayo: 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
How mush is the land
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
peetayo:
How mush is the land
600k per plot and 3m per acre
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by bigdaddy1: 10:45am On Mar 23, 2016
Hello

Please does the aquifer require power to work or it works without power.

Also, how can i locate a place that has this aquifer.

Thanks
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:21am On Mar 23, 2016
bigdaddy1:
Hello

Please does the aquifer require power to work or it works without power.

Also, how can i locate a place that has this aquifer.

Thanks
It works without power. We have a location in ogun state. Price is 600k per plot and 3m per acre
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2016
A colleague on his farm sorting juveniles. Sorting is very important to avoid mortality,cannibalism and congestion.
You see how big the post juveniles are? This is to show you the importance of sorting.

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
donpelumos:
Good Day
I and some colleagues are working on some project that has to do with the agricultural sector and we have a survey to get people's opinion on certain issues.
I would appreciate it if you could kindly spare a minute of your time to quickly fill the survey.

your response is appreciated.

Thank you very much and God bless you.

Ok
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fG6L7DeRqMdWduRQxK_2mcmwxhUzfxN7IYRflnZs4no/viewform
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Ifedayour007(m): 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
jam04:
this aquifer can conveniently supply 6 ponds. it is a gold mine cheesy

How much do you charge to set this up? I want one like this in my farm.. Plz reply.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ifedayour007:

How much do you charge to set this up? I want one like this in my farm.. Plz reply.
You have to search for a land which has an aquifer.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Ifedayour007(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
jam04:

You have to search for a land which has an aquifer.

Please how do I know if a land has an aquifer?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ifedayour007:

Please how do I know if a land has an aquifer?

You ask around for those who has or has sight one. This is the sure best and quicker way to get one.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Ifedayour007(m): 11:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
jam04:

You ask around for those who has or has sight one. This is the sure best and quicker way to get one.

I have a marshy land that I am planning to use fish farm, I will be so glad if I can be lucky to have an aquifer there. I so much love the idea of it.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Oyalfares: 11:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
Dear fish farmers, does anyone have idea of fish grader ie machine for sorting fish? Pls share.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by tempolistic: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2016
jam04:

The source is underground storage just like electric borehole. The only difference between this and an electric borehole is that you need a pumping machine before the water comes out. There is enough pressure inside the borehole to push the water out.
do you have to dig a borehole to be able to install this aquifer please I don't understand. secondly I have a small land of 25×50 not close to the stream at all can I use still fix this aquifier? pond or concreate which of them do you suggest I use.thanks please I need help.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2016
tempolistic:
do you have to dig a borehole to be able to install this aquifer please I don't understand. secondly I have a small land of 25×50 not close to the stream at all can I use still fix this aquifier? pond or concreate which of them do you suggest I use.thanks please I need help.
You have to drill a borehole to access the spring water. You have to hire the service of a geologist to help you confirm whether spring exist on your land.
I advice you use earthen pond

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) / Harvest From A Nairalander's Peasant Farm (pictures) / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.