Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? (1885 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? by gamechange(m): 1:08am On Oct 17, 2008
It bothers me that some Nigerians who claim to worship the supreme God (as Christians or Muslims) also regularly and surreptitiously use the services of fetish priests. As far as I know and from talking to a couple of religious scholars, my understanding is that worshiping the supreme God as either a Christian or a Muslim should automatically imply that one has forsaken any other deity or avatar. So why then patronise fetish priests? Is it that we do not have believe orĀ  enough faith in the supreme God or do we think that we get quicker results this way or are the fetish priests only doers of our evil intentions.

Lets have your view, i'm curious.
Re: Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? by AKO1(m): 8:22am On Oct 17, 2008
Because the fetish priests were with us long before oyinbo pepper brought christianity.

Old soldiers never die!!! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? by mazaje(m): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2008
and how does visiting fetish people contribute to the development of nigerians? its all a myth. . . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? by naijacutee(f): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2008
Because they don't really have any faith in God - They just use religion as an accessory which they can flaunt to the world and show that they "belong". Their real faith lies in the rotten last tooth of a pregnant old woman which they must present to the priest in order to get rich.
Re: Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? by RiffRaff: 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2008
because most niagerians are hypocrite, religion is just a charade wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? by mazaje(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2008
Riff-Raff:

because most niagerians are hypocrite, religion is just a charade wink

It is, i want to know what the advantages of visiting fetish priest are?
Re: Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? by donnie(m): 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2008
I hv tried but cant seem to understand how or why a christiuan will patronize a juju priest , it dosnt just follow.
Because to be a christian is to believe in the resurrection of Jesus. Which is to believe in his triumph over the forces of darkness when he made a public spectacle of them in hell. Which is to believe that u were raised togeda with him unto the same newness of life which also means that u are seated with him at the right hand(place of authority) of God. Which implies that ur eyes hv bn enlightend and u hv been awakend to d fact of ur superiority over satan.
Hw then is it possible for a Christian to turn to these base and defeated elements to seek help?
The truth is, such a person is not a christian. If he was before, at that point, he has denied the Lord Jesus Christ. In fact i dare say, he never met the real Jesus. Because if u do, you will know that there is no power in all the universe that can witthstand him. He is omnipotent!
Re: Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? by donnie(m): 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2008
And guess wat? in the same way Jesus had the life (zoe) of the father in him and was annointed with the Holy Ghost and power, so does the christian. As he is, so are we in this world. Anything is possible to him that believeth!
Song:
Halelujah Jesus conquered the world,
Halelujah satan u are in trouble,
the Lord reigneth in my life today. . .

(1) (Reply)

Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? / Christianity Or Islam! Which One Is The True Way? / For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.