Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? (1012 Views)

Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman / Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) / Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Capnd143(m): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2014
Am pretty much a newbie to the programming world (SELF TAUGHT), i got my first laptop about 3-4 weeks ago, installed some basic programming(those i could get my hands on). I have the MS Visual Studio 6.0 which i use for learning vb6, Jcreator(has some glitches) and the NetBeans 7 IDE for java.
So far i can write and deploy softwares as basic as timers,stopwatch,scientific calculators to malwares like keyloggers(basic)and simple computer worms to Testing softwares and media players.
But what i seem to be lacking is knowledge of mobile development(which i actualy needed), [b]So to the gurus out there what tools, IDE etc do i need for mobile developemt(android,windows,BB,iphone etc) in java, how do i get these tools, and the pros and cons of mobile development thanks
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by uken73(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
I'm not into mobile programming (yet), but I would advice that you avoid tools that are too old (like Visual Studio 6).
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Capnd143(m): 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
uken73: I'm not into mobile programming (yet), but I would advice that you avoid tools that are too old (like Visual Studio 6).
thanks, bt i am using VS 6 FOR learning only, tried it out becos its a good begginers tools, and i am not knowledgable on the best tools, would be glad if u helped me out
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by uken73(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Capnd143: thanks, bt i am using VS 6 FOR learning only, tried it out becos its a good begginers tools, and i am not knowledgable on the best tools, would be glad if u helped me out
VB 6 is good as a 1st language, but you should consider learning the latest version which is VB.NET. Most VB6 programmers found it challenging to port to .NET, so it would be wise to just learn .NET at once.
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Kennyinusa(m): 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
For me i develop Android and windows phone.
I use Java for android and C# for the windows phone.
Meanwhile you can develop cross platform apps using stuffs like HTML/CSS and JS. But i would advice that you stay off those coast at least for now and develop from a more native centric perspective.

To develop for Android, you need to understand the Java Programming language and a lil bit of XML. I would suggest you lookup w3school for head start on XML
The IDE that i use is Eclipse and you can also use Intell J Community edition and Android studio(based on IntellJ).
If you are into continious development, version control or stuffs like that, i would suggest you stick with IntellJ else try Eclipse it is easy to use.

To develop for windows phone from a native centric perspective, you need to understand C# or VB though an understanding of C++ can be handy depending on what you want to achieve.

To develop for iOS you need XCode (IDE), Mac OS (PC), Objective C (Language).

So create a learning curve around this and i believe that the sky is the limit.

And please for God sake get latest materials and Latest IDEs they would help you better.
Get VS2013 for your VB
Thank you
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Capnd143(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kennyinusa: For me i develop Android and windows phone.
I use Java for android and C# for the windows phone.
Meanwhile you can develop cross platform apps using stuffs like HTML/CSS and JS. But i would advice that you stay off those coast at least for now and develop from a more native centric perspective.

To develop for Android, you need to understand the Java Programming language and a lil bit of XML. I would suggest you lookup w3school for head start on XML
The IDE that i use is Eclipse and you can also use Intell J Community edition and Android studio(based on IntellJ).
If you are into continious development, version control or stuffs like that, i would suggest you stick with IntellJ else try Eclipse it is easy to use.

To develop for windows phone from a native centric perspective, you need to understand C# or VB though an understanding of C++ can be handy depending on what you want to achieve.

To develop for iOS you need XCode (IDE), Mac OS (PC), Objective C (Language).

So create a learning curve around this and i believe that the sky is the limit.

And please for God sake get latest materials and Latest IDEs they would help you better.
Get VS2013 for your VB
Thank you
love your analysis, but like i said am self taught, never got a formal education on this stuffs, so pardon my ignorance. And i live in Akwa ibom state and unlike lagos, its quite hard to get your hands on this tools, even if i knew, downloading is a no! no! , with the crappy internet speed around here, it is a case of hilarious combination of fustration! How do i get my hands on these these please!
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Capnd143(m): 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
uken73:
VB 6 is good as a 1st language, but you should consider learning the latest version which is VB.NET. Most VB6 programmers found it challenging to port to .NET, so it would be wise to just learn .NET at once.
how relevant is the .NET in mobile development and which the best microsoft language to learn?
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by uken73(m): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
Capnd143: how relevant is the .NET in mobile development and which the best microsoft language to learn?

Like I said, I'm not into mobile development (yet). But I think the following resources should be of help.

http://devproconnections.com/mobile-development/mobile-development-options-net-developers
http://www.asp.net/mobile
http://xamarin.com/
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Capnd143(m): 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
uken73:

Like I said, I'm not into mobile development (yet). But I think the following resources should be of help.

http://devproconnections.com/mobile-development/mobile-development-options-net-developers
http://www.asp.net/mobile
http://xamarin.com/
Thanks. About your prisec school software, i had a similar idea with vb6 earlier, but i decided to postpone the project becos i was quite new to programming world or so i taught! I would to get an overview of how your solution works. Thanks
Email: Timothymaxwell149@gmail.com
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by uken73(m): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Capnd143: Thanks. About your prisec school software, i had a similar idea with vb6 earlier, but i decided to postpone the project becos i was quite new to programming world or so i taught! I would to get an overview of how your solution works. Thanks
I have sent you a mail. You may want to delete your e-mail address from your last post.
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by uken73(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Capnd143: love your analysis, but like i said am self taught, never got a formal education on this stuffs, so pardon my ignorance. And i live in Akwa ibom state and unlike lagos, its quite hard to get your hands on this tools, even if i knew, downloading is a no! no! , with the crappy internet speed around here, it is a case of hilarious combination of fustration! How do i get my hands on these these please!
You are even based in Akwa Ibom. I'm in Akwa Ibom too. It's difficult to get these stuff over here, but you can get someone in Lagos to buy & send it to you. The latest you can grab, the better. VB6 is just damn too old and a serious waste of time.
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Capnd143(m): 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
uken73:
You are even based in Akwa Ibom. I'm in Akwa Ibom too. It's difficult to get these stuff over here, but you can get someone in Lagos to buy & send it to you. The latest you can grab, the better. VB6 is just damn too old and a serious waste of time.
which part of a.k? Uyo? Am in Eket, And would it be posible to get the IDE you own already? Would really love to! The mere mention of my vb 6 studio makes me wanna cry!
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by uken73(m): 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
Capnd143: which part of a.k? Uyo? Am in Eket, And would it be posible to get the IDE you own already? Would really love to! The mere mention of my vb 6 studio makes me wanna cry!
I'm in Uyo. Look at my signature below for my phone number.
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Capnd143(m): 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
uken73:
I have sent you a mail. You may want to delete your e-mail address from your last post.
ya will check it out, as 4 my mail, any email scrubber can do anytin with it, i've marked that one as public, dont do private biz with dat!
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by asalimpo(m): 10:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Get any telco modem. And update ur software. Write d internet cost as learng expenses. Download ebooks, and software and ide.
Actually,some wud recommend youtube. I wont. Except for installation . Ive never found youtube to b of any help for serious questions.
I dnt know terrible internet speed is over there but where i be at, abuja,it's okay (mtn). Sometimes,it can b poor,but wen it picks up, it gets d download done.
I'm an ultra heavy browser and the 4.5g i get on their night plan doesnt scratch it for me. So if ur like me, budget for mor. Mtn is d cheapest of d 4 gsm operators.
Download,experiment repeat.
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by Capnd143(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2014
asalimpo: Get any telco modem. And update ur software. Write d internet cost as learng expenses. Download ebooks, and software and ide.
Actually,some wud recommend youtube. I wont. Except for installation . Ive never found youtube to b of any help for serious questions.
I dnt know terrible internet speed is over there but where i be at, abuja,it's okay (mtn). Sometimes,it can b poor,but wen it picks up, it gets d download done.
I'm an ultra heavy browser and the 4.5g i get on their night plan doesnt scratch it for me. So if ur like me, budget for mor. Mtn is d cheapest of d 4 gsm operators.
Download,experiment repeat.
now thats quite easy to say, the network around here gets as bad as 5kb/sec "sometimes" so the very idea of downloading an IDE or better still streaming youtube video with that crappy signal is a hoax!
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by ud2012: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
guy forget every thing posted here let me tell you ,u can use netbeans to create j2me app by clicking ,file new project and j2me
Re: Biggining Mobile Development With Java? How To? by emmyvet(m): 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thank you all for the replies!
ud2012: guy forget every thing posted here let me tell you ,u can use netbeans to create j2me app by clicking ,file new project and j2me
I just checked it out bro but I didnt see j2me in the new project. Am using netbean8.0.
Please gurus in the house help me!!!!!
Am NEWBIE in Java I have written some simple app code with netbeans8.0.
I have JDK, JRE installed in my pc.

Please how do I convert my programs written with netbean to .apk files for android device.
Please gurus in the house help out !!

(1) (Reply)

Logical Math Question / Help: I'm Dire Need Of MCSD Exam Dumps. / PHP/ Angular Needed Urgently (must Reside In Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.