Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java (5545 Views)

Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman / Programing With Java / Developing A Facebook-like Ticker For Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by okechukwudiei(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
Hello, I am an ND II Computer Science student & I wish to develop a Java mobile app that allows instant messaging through bluetooth as a Project Topic. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Java is at best rudimentary. Lecturers in my school only know how to write toy programs like a program to print odd numbers between 1 & 50. They didn't teach anything about the AWT Classes or Java Swing to enable us write GUI Apps. I need help please.Hello, I am an ND II Computer Science student & I wish to develop a Java mobile app that allows instant messaging through bluetooth as a Project Topic. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Java is at best rudimentary. Lecturers in my school only know how to write toy programs like a program to print odd numbers between 1 & 50. They didn't teach anything about the AWT Classes or Java Swing to enable us write GUI Apps. I need help please.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by dellnet: 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by cocoon(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2011
u can use this as well http://www.javabluetooth.com/chapter3.pdf
I wrote the program sometimes ago.But i cant remember where it is.

i think u ll need javax.bluetooth , java.util and javax.obex (it depends )

download J2ME toolkit check the sample files in it . i think there is a sample on bluetooth

To make it easy for u download netbeans with mobility.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by okechukwudiei(m): 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2011
Is J2ME is used for Java Mobile App development? The SDK is a heavy file to download but I'll try to do so. My project supervisor might insist i use VBASIC and forget about mobile app development.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by dellnet: 5:08am On Aug 07, 2011
cocoon:

u can use this as well http://www.javabluetooth.com/chapter3.pdf
I wrote the program sometimes ago.But i cant remember where it is.

I bet you have not read the first 2 pages in that chapter.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by cocoon(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2011
I bet you have not read the first 2 pages in that chapter.

Why did u say so?
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by dellnet: 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2011
It will get you nowhere in Bluetooth programming.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by NumberOne2(m): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2011
Is J2ME is used for Java Mobile App development? The SDK is a heavy file to download but I'll try to do so. My project supervisor might insist i use VBASIC and forget about mobile app development.

Taking the easy way out? So much for half baked graduates.
I'm sure when you graduate and a job application is open for a Java mobile developer, you'll submit your CV there and hope to get the job.

Programming takes time and effort, its more like engineering, its more of practicals and field work (which take time).
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by cocoon(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
Hmm, U know what I ll take my time to do a sample program on J2me with bluetooth and i ll try to post it here as a tutorial before the week runs out. Using j2me wireless tookit and netbeans 7.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by NumberOne2(m): 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
Hmm, U know what I ll take my time to do a sample program on J2me with bluetooth and i ll try to post it here as a tutorial before the week runs out. Using j2me wireless tookit and netbeans 7.

You need not stress yourself. There is a bluetooth demo as a sample with codes in the J2ME SDK.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by cocoon(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2011
@Number_One. Thanks alots for the reminder.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by okechukwudiei(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2011
@Number_One who are you calling a half baked graduate? Nobody knows everything. Besides I'm through with the app development and it works fine only that the UI is ugly cos it uses the native phones default UI. I don't think Netbeans has a user interface enhancer and I don't have J2ME polish to polish up the interface so that it looks like Opera Mini.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by cocoon(m): 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
Well done!

But

"I don't think Netbeans has a user interface enhancer and I don't have J2ME polish to polish up the interface so that it looks like Opera Mini"

I think u can enhance it with the netbeans mobility (its has a toolbox for j2me components), u can just play around with the properties of the tools. You can also include Ticker (for scrolling messages) .
You can use fireworks or photoshop to design the splashscreen (Pick relevant image online ,resize and add some texts).
You can design an icon with photoshop or pick one online which u will package with the application .
Download Nokia J2me toolkit for signing ,packaging ,verifying ,testing and i think ,enhancement.

All the same welldone.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by Zeta(m): 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
http://www.4shared.com/file/8eVrrmR8/Whisper.html

I wrote the program around April I guess. Download the file and send it to two phones , run the application. The application uses bluetooth for two chatting. Bluetooth has a range of about 10metres, so the app is useful in a boring class if you don't want to waste your credit on sms. See if it does what you want. If so, you can request for the source code, to assist your learning, and I would gladly post it here.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by NumberOne2(m): 11:31am On Sep 05, 2011
@Number_One who are you calling a half baked graduate? Nobody knows everything. Besides I'm through with the app development and it works fine only that the UI is ugly cos it uses the native phones default UI. I don't think Netbeans has a user interface enhancer and I don't have J2ME polish to polish up the interface so that it looks like Opera Mini.

Dude relax, I was reacting to your previous comment

I thought you wanted to abandon the project. Nice to know you are done with it.
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by sirgoddy: 12:36am On Apr 12, 2013
Zeta: http://www.4shared.com/file/8eVrrmR8/Whisper.html

I wrote the program around April I guess. Download the file and send it to two phones , run the application. The application uses bluetooth for two chatting. Bluetooth has a range of about 10metres, so the app is useful in a boring class if you don't want to waste your credit on sms. See if it does what you want. If so, you can request for the source code, to assist your learning, and I would gladly post it here.

i'm developing a similar thing and i will appreciate it if you could send the source codes to me to help me out. Thanks
Re: Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java by Nmeri17: 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
okechukwudiei:
@Number_One who are you calling a half baked graduate? [s]Nobody knows everything. Besides I'm through with the app development and it works fine only that the UI is ugly cos it uses the native phones default UI. I don't think Netbeans has a user interface enhancer and I don't have J2ME polish to polish up the interface so that it looks like Opera Mini. [/s]
TRUTH.ALWAYS.HURTS embarassed sad

grin

(1) (Reply)

Android Tab With Swipe Views In Android Studio / My Journey Into React Native / Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.