Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients (21644 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" / Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors (2) (3) (4)

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by paroh137(m): 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
blood1: Tot they said the infected doctor is dead
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by hensben(m): 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
doctor strike hmm na wao
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Fabulous47(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Good move by the doctors, if I may say.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Boerhavia: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
They are noBody without drugs,that's what it means. May be they shld go into research and come out with molecules that can cure it. They shld learn frm this.

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by oyeludef(m): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Blackchampion: Dats a welcome development but odikwa risky. If dem doubt am mek dem ask Doctors n health workers for Liberia.
#Team say no to Ebola
lol. d fear of ebola is d begining of madness

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by omoadeleye(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Sunofgod: Suicide by 'Ebola' . . . . .

Any Doctor attending to confirmed Ebola patients will need to be quarantined at the facility indefinitely.

PS: NO NIGERIAN DOCTOR WOULD VOLUNTEER FOR SUCH A MISSION UNLESS THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

shut the Bleep off, is everything about money? when soldier's is going to a war do they need to call you and join them? what's does doctor need is encouragement and motivation. at least they sacrifice their self to risk their life, but if they too don't wanna do it, what's the probality that they won't end up having it,? so I pray for a quick breakthrough of this virus, just always try to reason before you type...ok?

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by imustsaymymindo: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
gud doctors!i believe the infected doc would survive the disease tho.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
bebe2:
Why treat ebola? Wen u left the cancer patients, diabetics, aids etc to die in pain angry
ebola is more dangerous

blood1: Tot they said the infected doctor is dead
Same news I read online abi which other dictor na
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by bebe2(f): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
candy:
ebola is more dangerous

Same news I read online abi which other dictor na

Die na die.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by sod09(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
bad ideaaaaaaa
a beg go back to strike oooo
we no want Ebola multiplying
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Calebosko(m): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
oboy see what Ebola av cus,i switch on my nokia phone and dey refuse to shek hands,na die o

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by tpia1: 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
johnshagb:
What's funny? undecided

BTW
Una notice the kind handshake this woman dey give oga jona.... Lol.... Fear of ebola is the beginning of.... grin

O ga!!!!!

Na his fellow nigerians go bear the consequences of that embarassment.

im nor fit do oyinbo anything.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Kossyne(m): 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
It's good development. In order to fight this virus, we need all hands on deck. It's quite brave and selfless of them. With combined effort from the layman on the street to the lab scientists searching for a cure in the lab, we'll overcome this virus.

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by lilmax(m): 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
If i hear
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by slex(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
imagine if this happens to you tomorrow

Conductor- Abeg this na ealy morning oo i no get change oooo no 500 and 1000 , abeg hold your change o
man in bus-(on telephone) hello hello dike how far na, wetin deh happen, where you dey?
-i de bus now, ah ahhh i just land naija now
men the trip was good, the flight deh ok. i no know say freetown to lagos cost ooo

everyones ears pops when hearng freetow.

man in bus-(still on phone) ok i de ikeja along, i go soon reach oshodi, i bring shirt weh i buy from sieria leone for you, wait for me oo

Conductor- Driver abeg i wan come down for next bus stop
Driver - you deh mad?i wan come down too, oya come take steering
Conductor-driver iya eeee . so na me u wan make ebola kill for this bus
Another passenger- Conductor abeg no give me change again, make i come down.

The fear of Ebola is the koko now oo

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by duni04(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
Very false story. None of the doctors at the infectious diseases hospital, Nigeria's equivalent of the American CDC, has volunteered to treat the Ebola patients. The only confirmed case of the disease in Nigeria is currently being handled by nurses who volunteered to do so. The doctors at the hospital have bluntly refused to attend to even the suspected cases of ebola currently in isolation at the hospital.

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Kossyne(m): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Calebosko: oboy see what Ebola av cus,i switch on my nokia phone and dey refuse to shek hands,na die o

If I recall correctly, there is a joke section in this forum. So do the needful.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
The truth is, An afraid that his strike shouldn't be called off. Am afraid of Ebola ooo
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by adekayo1234(m): 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
this thread really got me cracking
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
dozydre: Striking doctors in Lagos State have volunteered to join the team of experts managing patients at the Infectious Diseases Hospital, Yaba, Lagos.

The chairman, Lagos State chapter of the Nigerian Medical Association, Dr. Tope Ojo, who said this at a press briefing in Lagos on Tuesday, added that strike would not stop doctors in the state from attending to persons suspected to have contracted the Ebola virus.
Ojo said about 30 of its members had volunteered to join seven of the Ebola Emergency Response and Management Committee working on the prevention and control of the disease at the IDH centre in Yaba.
He said, “Strike or no strike, we must respond to emergencies. Our doctors are at Mainland Hospital, Yaba, were isolated contacts are being monitored. There are seven committees working on the management of the disease at the centre in Lagos, which our members are part of.
“But the committee, where we are having challenges getting volunteers, is case management. This are the people that work directly with confirmed cases.
“Look at the protective measures that doctors in Liberia and Guinea wear. They are well protected, yet some of them still caught it. Our doctors are worried about the danger it poses to their lives and they need to be reassured.
“We understand their fears and we are making moves to confirm the level of preparedness of the government for doctors.”
He informed that the infected doctor, who is presently on admission at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba, was responding to treatment.
“We know that the infected doctor is stable,  however, the matron is in a critical condition. But everybody, including the experts from the World Health Organisation, is doing all they can,” he said.
 A  member of one of the of the committees, Dr. Babajide Saheed, said the doctors were working closely with the WHO and other stakeholders to contain the risk of the spreading the infection.
Saheed said, “Not all doctors can attend to an Ebola patient. In fact you must limit the number of health workers treating affected persons just to contain the risk.
“We will be escalating the situation if doctors rush to Mainland Hospital just to attend to patients.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/striking-doctors-offer-to-treat-ebola-patients/

the solution is here
https://www.nairaland.com/1844398/ebola-human-vaccine-trials-begin
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
duni04: Very false story. None of the doctors at the infectious diseases hospital, Nigeria's equivalent of the American CDC, has volunteered to treat the Ebola patients. The only confirmed case of the disease in Nigeria is currently being handled by nurses who volunteered to do so. The doctors at the hospital have bluntly refused to attend to even the suspected cases of ebola currently in isolation at the hospital.

the solution is here
https://www.nairaland.com/1844398/ebola-human-vaccine-trials-begin
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by ElNur1: 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Calebosko: oboy see what Ebola av cus,i switch on my nokia phone and dey refuse to shek hands,na die o

Nawa ooo..

Evn Nokia again dey fear Ebola,
Nokia wey hard pass stone..
this is serious..

the fear of ebola is the begining of wisdom
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by longitudemedia(m): 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Tex42(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
philtex: Which Year IGBO People Go Get Sense? undecided
NA THE YEAR WEY U GO REALIZE SAY U BE LUNATIC.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Tex42(m): 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
philtex: Which Year IGBO People Go Get Sense? undecided
NA THE YEAR WEY U GO REALIZE SAY U BE LUNATIC.

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by ceejayluv(m): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
omoadeleye:

shut the Bleep off, is everything about money? when soldier's is going to a war do they need to call you and join them? what's does doctor need is encouragement and motivation. at least they sacrifice their self to risk their life, but if they too don't wanna do it, what's the probality that they won't end up having it,? so I pray for a quick breakthrough of this virus, just always try to reason before you type...ok?
Educate that mugu jare.....
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Please they should stay at home oh, what exactly are they suppose to do to help Ebola patients , they should cone and compound our problems by contacting and spreading the disease . The few foreign consultants is enough to handle the few cases we have now abeg, not plenty people coming to act as Ebola distributors to family and friends and then use that as the bases for all their insatiable demands

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Acidosis(m): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
ifyclose2: Since d JOHESU "consultants" can't seem to handle d Ebola menace, we have no other option but to sacrifice and make a comeback.

I think NMA should start by "treating" their colleague.

Medical Doctors can do NOTHING about ebola.

You should beg the "JOHESU" and allied scientists to please provide a cure

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by trollolo: 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
[size=26pt]Americans might have just found a possible cure for their 2 citizens with Ebola, while Nigerian Doctors rarely wear latex glovess... [/size]

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/53316879.jpg[/img]

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by duni04(m): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
tochimas: Please they should stay at home oh, what exactly are they suppose to do to help Ebola patients , they should cone and compound our problems by contacting and spreading the disease . The few foreign consultants is enough to handle the few cases we have now abeg, not plenty people coming to act as Ebola distributors to family and friends and then use that as the bases for all their insatiable demands
The foreign consultants or the white man should leave his family and enjoyment in far away Europe and America and come to Nigeria to take care of idiots that haven't contributed anything to humanity in the last 1000 years?

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by tpia1: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
would anyone like to bet that lady has spray on sanitizer which she applied thoroughly in private afterwards?

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Mbediogu(m): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
dozydre: Striking doctors in Lagos State have volunteered to join the team of experts managing patients at the Infectious Diseases Hospital, Yaba, Lagos.

The chairman, Lagos State chapter of the Nigerian Medical Association, Dr. Tope Ojo, who said this at a press briefing in Lagos on Tuesday, added that strike would not stop doctors in the state from attending to persons suspected to have contracted the Ebola virus.
Ojo said about 30 of its members had volunteered to join seven of the Ebola Emergency Response and Management Committee working on the prevention and control of the disease at the IDH centre in Yaba.
He said, “Strike or no strike, we must respond to emergencies. Our doctors are at Mainland Hospital, Yaba, were isolated contacts are being monitored. There are seven committees working on the management of the disease at the centre in Lagos, which our members are part of.
“But the committee, where we are having challenges getting volunteers, is case management. This are the people that work directly with confirmed cases.
“Look at the protective measures that doctors in Liberia and Guinea wear. They are well protected, yet some of them still caught it. Our doctors are worried about the danger it poses to their lives and they need to be reassured.
“We understand their fears and we are making moves to confirm the level of preparedness of the government for doctors.”
He informed that the infected doctor, who is presently on admission at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba, was responding to treatment.
“We know that the infected doctor is stable,  however, the matron is in a critical condition. But everybody, including the experts from the World Health Organisation, is doing all they can,” he said.
 A  member of one of the of the committees, Dr. Babajide Saheed, said the doctors were working closely with the WHO and other stakeholders to contain the risk of the spreading the infection.
Saheed said, “Not all doctors can attend to an Ebola patient. In fact you must limit the number of health workers treating affected persons just to contain the risk.
“We will be escalating the situation if doctors rush to Mainland Hospital just to attend to patients.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/striking-doctors-offer-to-treat-ebola-patients/
Johesu over to you. Doctors dey strike but remember that this is not time to make false claims of Ebola cure becos if Nafdac catch you eh, my hand no dey. Oya alarm don blow, no begin ur own strike o!

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Woman Loses Hands And Legs To Illegal Butt Injection / My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal?