Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets (63663 Views)

Pix: Relatives Of Ebola Victims In Liberia Dump Their Bodies On The Street / Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US / On Streets Of Athens, Racist Attacks Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by StealthyMe(m): 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
halfcurrent:

The problem is that it is not even easy for a lay man to handle this complex process of cremation

True...but they should have professionals in their countries at least
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by Mavor: 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Seriously, Africa needs to contain this disease. Even HIV is not so contagious and deadly. Viruses are known to evolve quickly to adapt to resistance in their environment. This Ebola virus has the capability to evolve and become airborne or even worse, evolve to something more terrifying. Someone say Zombie Apocalypse!!!
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by GodMode: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
CoolHunk:
Africa made herself a wasteland. Plus, the conspiracy theorists on here are just appalling braindead people.

this is not about conspiracy theories developed countries are 100 years ahead of Africa in science... because of the science the west created you can use a gadget that is wireless.... do you think they will ignore human body.
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by collynzov5: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
abuayman: Inna lillahi wa-inna ilaihi raji'un. So it has gotten to this stage? May we never witness such a time/period in Nigeria, ameen
Your Islamic boko haram terrorists are doing far worse things than Ebola can ever do.
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by shellyboi: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
phemmy88: am beginning to suspect the western world ......I swear it down ..... this is a planned work .... dry brought that bullish!t yo Africa .....we've been eating bush meat from time immemorial and nothing happened .......why now ....? this is just a "new laboratory developed string of Ebola"
.Guy na fact u talk! Dis ebola virus was developed by the western country. I.E" USA" they know much abt dis virus. May God continue to protect us in Nigeria..
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by ghostofsparta(m): 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
swezenberg:
From Encyclopedia Britannica http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/177623/Ebola
Ebola was first discovered in 1967. Ever since then the west had begun serious research and what could bring an end to the dreaded disease. They don't wait till everything is damaged before they start running around like our leaders do in Africa (pre-occupying themselves with embezzlement of funds). US in particular has been preparing themselves for this and this is the result of their hard hard work. The provision of a powerful serum to deal with the virus. You don't insult them but you plead that they extend this favor to Africa. If they decide to behave like Russia and some countries who don't care about 3rd world countries, how many of us do you think will be left in Africa. Thank God for America at least we all know that there is a serum somewhere.
AGREE.....the west don't wait till something hit them, they are good at preempting problems and crisis before it begins to develop or gain ground. I wish the virus re-engineered itself such when ordinary people are infected remain assume a carrier-transit mode until it infect any responsible for crippling African countries wherein it will switch to host-destroy t-cell mode........this would have been a way an intelligent omniscient could employ to exterminate all evil-doers in Africa who have plunge this otherwise great continent into a state of doom. From the news reported here I doubt if Africa stand a chance despite the almighty US need to assist us for reason due to "the current trajectory of events and global travel patterns, there is a high likelihood that others will become infected in America. In that scenario, the current Ebola surge, like a firestorm, will spiral out of control and feed on itself to the extent that it becomes self-sustaining. In the four countries where the disease is now present and in many of their neighboring states, the political systems are unstable, the public health infrastructures fragile and the general population has too few resources to adequately isolate and care for the sick. How we respond to Africa and the Ebola threat today directly affects what happens here tomorrow. If the Ebola epidemic does not burn out there, it will become a different kind of problem and then we will have more than just perception to deal with here. " - source: here
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by Dragonking: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
donnypool:

no man, i am black too, but think about all our natural resources and why are we so poor, its not because the westerners are using us, but its because a few people sit on these resources and gain billions from it and this same people will rather invest the money abroad instead of their own country. Imagine how one individual is owning 3 to 4 oil well, isn't that greed? where is the billions of naira from the oil, same one person is eating it all.

Its sad but africans are too greedy.

So because of this you want africa to be nuked and everyone should die right? na wah for you oh.
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by uboma(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ishilove:
@bolded, I agree with the atomic bomb part. Except that let the bomb land on your house and village alone.

Lol
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by armadeo(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
wordsplay: inform any graduate or student you know to go online and register here http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=100208 .If successfully selected, the government will be paying them N30,000 monthly for 1year. Companies, organizations and institutions can also register and interns will be sent to them, while government pays the interns N30,000. Please spread the news: See it as an Income/Job opportunity.let's give it a try by registering
Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria | One Star Ambassador
tan.org.ng

Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by GodMode: 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Liberia is a sh1thole with Liberians always displaying backward and primitive mentality , when on this same forum, before the Naija Ebola case and the deadly outbreak in West Africa I said they should b quarantined and not allowed to leave those pit latrines called countries, people were insulting with their clueless panafricanism and kumbaya chants as reasons

I tell you , those people will start emigrating in mass, It's Nigeria duty to not let that shit spread to the rest of the continent
i repeat point missiles and any plane trying to take off you gun it down
Any Guinean, Liberian, sierra something trying to cross the border you send him to his grave

Btw onila I thought only central Africans eat monkeys, what happened?.

if you've ever watched a zombie film INTELLECTUALLY you'll know what's going on
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dragonking:

So because of this you want africa to be nuked and everyone should die right? na wah for you oh.

nah man not the nuke aspect, sorry if i didn't point that out.
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by ghostofsparta(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Click HERE to read on the probable origin of Ebola.
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by Izontubo(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
aiksneffects: I SUSPECT SOMETHING MORE SINISTER ABOUT THIS EBOLA OUTBREAK IN WEST AFRICA. FIRST OF ALL IT HAS KILLED MORE THAN 900 IN ABOUT 4 WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND THE TOLL IS STILL RISING YET NO CURE OR VACINE TO CURTAIL IT. AS SOON AS ONE USA CITIZEN CONTACTED IT THE VACINE APPEAR AT ATLANTA HOSPITAL.

IN THE SAME WAY AIDS WERE KILLING AFRICANS AT ALARMING RATE AND AS SOON AS IT STARTED KILLING THE HOMOSEXUAL COMMUNITY OF WESTERN WORLD, THEN THE VACINE WAS PRODUCED AND MADE AVAILABLE.

THE GLOBALIST WANT TO REDUCE THE WORLD POPULATION AT ALL COST, INVENTING SOME DEADLY DISEASE TO TARGET POOR AND NAIVE AFRICANS CANNOT BE A PROBLEM TO THEM. AFTERALL THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA ARE ALL CONTROLLED BY THEM GLOBALISTS.

THE COMMING ANTI-CHRIST IS REAL AND IT IS TIME TO BELIEVE AND TRUST IN CHRIST FOR SALVATION. THATS OUR ONLY HOPE

But have u not come to think that if africans stand up and think unanimously to solve there problems your purported ""west wants to reduce population" would not stand??....

Or Are we still slaves??.....

1 Like

Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hmmm, this is really ugly... Dear Lord, plz help us find a cure fr d weird disease . Amen
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by GodMode: 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The serum was experimental....it had only been tried on monkeys...and had not even undergone phase 1 trials.

(And if they had given Africans....you people wouldbe shouting about untested drugs being tried on black people).

Plus, we could do research on Ebola and get an African cure....but you people won't vote in leaders that are problem solvers...you want leaders that will give you money to chop.

1.There is no vaccine against AIDS.

2.AIDS spread rapidly across Africa because our health care is so broken down....that many hospitals (until strip tests came along) did not have the means to test for HIV.....plus stigma, plus poor blood transfusion protocols.( And all because you people refuse to vote for leaders who would have spent more on science).

3.So far there is no cure for HIV. And attempts to use a serum type medication in the 1980's to cure HIV patients failed....they all died.

4.One more thing..when HIV came toAmerica....even the gays were saying Abstain or use condoms.In Africa....we continued the old free-wheeling ways...and look at where we are.

Yes....rather than blame our broken down health system that has no means of isolating infectious patients because you vote for leaders who share money rather than invest in technology and science and education and health.....as wellas refusing to keep the environment clean....you blame the whites. (Sigh).

God gave you a brain....use it to solve your problems....rather than blame the whiteman.....vote in leaders who will spend more on education,health and industrialization......so that we can have the means to eradicate Ebola.

wrong wrong wrong.... every virus is man made and anything that is man made also has a cure made for it.

1 Like

Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
GodMode:

if you've ever watched a zombie film INTELLECTUALLY you'll know what's going on

I don't really watch zombies movies
So what's happening my brother?
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by hadleyk: 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
this ebola stuff is getting worse by the day sad
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by 50calibre(m): 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
A lot is still not known about Ebola, the contagion rate of this particular Ebola strain is just too high, I'm thinking it has to be airborne as some stage.

Doctors who knew the risks and took adequate precautions, still ended up infected, how is this?

This disease is scary, they call it "Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever", the victim bleeds out through every orifice in their body, including the eyes and even the skin. Details of what the Ebola virus does inside the blood vessels is very horrible and nasty.

I think at this stage, it's advisable that couples avoid any form of contact which involves exchange of bodily fluids, because that seems to be one of the very potent ways to transmit this virus. grin
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by victorv12(m): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
All faith in God, he can do all things and will save nigeria from destruction, all we have to do is be prayerful and have faith in him, even though anyone is to die, if its Gods will so be it, atleast die in holding unto christ. May God have mercy on our souls, Amen.
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by eunisam: 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: op if na u watin u go do
wetin u want make i do na?
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by GodMode: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
Toaskarity:

Bro you dont have to explain all this to them.. If someone can go login to NL, how much time does it take to just google about it. I never knew about this disease until last year spring when my teacher talked about it (then it hasnt even started in liberia)..right away i did some research nd find out how long this disease has been and i think it was congo. So sad most nigerians dont know about this disease in their part of the world but when it comes to Isreal vs palest, they will tell stories right from biblical time which nobody actually knows how correct they are.. It hurt me most that all ppl talk about here is that the disease is something formed by white nd spread to kill africans.. I really dont reply to them, Let me explain this to some of them If westerners want to kill all africans, trust me americans alone have enough warplanes and bombs to level the whole of west africa in one day..

if a person uses bombs it'll destroy some natural resources... some bombs have chemicals that can destroy natural resources for decades... so why will anyone bomb such fertile grounds
Re: Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets by InvertedHammer: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
/
Hate him OR love him...Maurice Iwu is the only one talking. Even if his assertions and hypothesis are wrong, but at least he is thinking--that's what science entails to do.

Not a word from NMA (the association that represents all the quasi-paramedics parading as doctors in Nigeria)

If na to append titles to name now, all of them go begin fight to outdo one another.

If u see anybody wey resemble me anywhere in Africa, barbeque him cos it ain't gonna be my @ss.

Roasted brains!!!!

/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Prince William & Harry Unveil Princess Diana's Statue (Pictures) / Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border / Trump Tweeted Through POTUS, Twitter Deleted Them Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.